As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] it harder make it better, do it faster makes us stronger

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh shit, memories are starting to un-black out themselves from this weekend.

Must occupy brain!

JPants on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    My doctor makes me wear women's underwear every day. He stops by the office a couple times a week to check.
    Violeted for... prettiness?

Anyways, there's nothing like something silky next to your skin to make you feel like a princess all day.

But princess of what? That's the important thing. Being the princess of Cincinnati or something would be lower than being a peasant in Chicago.

ViolentChemistry on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think Jason Statham is my favorite action movie star.

Please tell me this is some sort of sick joke.

Edit: Good god, snatch and lock,stock are not action movies.

Inquisitor on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    That is not to say that if the Ninth Circuit had applied Eldred using the Golan test the result would have been different in the Kahle case. But certainly Eldred’s crucial language, and its lack of explanation, deserves more weight and analysis than the Ninth Circuit gave it. Even if Eldred had clearly precluded some of the plaintiffs’ claims in Kahle (as it did as well in Golan), the First Amendment claims deserved the type of initial review introduced by Eldred. In its decision in Kahle, the Ninth Circuit seemed to step closer to the “categorically immune” conclusion for all copyright statutes that the Supreme Court struck down in Eldred as overbroad and incorrect.

Sometimes talking about legal cases just sounds stupid.

Medopine on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    JPants wrote: »

Must occupy brain!

But those are always the best ones!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Preacher wrote: »
    Snatch isn't really an action movie, nor is Lock Stock. And Statham is hardly an action person in either one, transporter 2 sucked, Italian job isn't an action movie, the one was a jet li movie where he was a side character with little action. So you are left with Crank, transporter and War. To each their own I guess but there are better action stars out there.

I didn't say he was the best, I said he was my favorite.

I think Godfather is one of the best movies ever made, but it's not my favorite.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited December 2007
    Medopine wrote: »
    That is not to say that if the Ninth Circuit had applied Eldred using the Golan test the result would have been different in the Kahle case. But certainly Eldred’s crucial language, and its lack of explanation, deserves more weight and analysis than the Ninth Circuit gave it. Even if Eldred had clearly precluded some of the plaintiffs’ claims in Kahle (as it did as well in Golan), the First Amendment claims deserved the type of initial review introduced by Eldred. In its decision in Kahle, the Ninth Circuit seemed to step closer to the “categorically immune” conclusion for all copyright statutes that the Supreme Court struck down in Eldred as overbroad and incorrect.

Sometimes talking about legal cases just sounds stupid.

That sounds like something straight out of a bad anime trying to sound deep.

Inquisitor on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I'm really glad D&D's modding isn't similar to H/A's...well, for the most part.

Well it wouldn't make much sense here as this is a discussion forum.
    I was thinking more along the lines of its capricious nature.

Dynagrip on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My doctor makes me wear women's underwear every day. He stops by the office a couple times a week to check.

Will is a subbie? That's hot.

Switches are the best.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    It must suck for Alex Trebec people all coming up to him "dude what's the answer to question" And he's all "I just read the que cards mother fucker".

Everywhere I've seen the guy off of Jeopardy he was kind of a dick, so I kind of like the thought of random people running up to him and being all "Hey Trebeck - this body part has your lips wrapped around it!"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2007
    Gooey wrote: »

Must occupy brain!

Not this one....

JPants on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Snatch isn't really an action movie, nor is Lock Stock. And Statham is hardly an action person in either one, transporter 2 sucked, Italian job isn't an action movie, the one was a jet li movie where he was a side character with little action. So you are left with Crank, transporter and War. To each their own I guess but there are better action stars out there.

I think Godfather is one of the best movies ever made, but it's not my favorite.

I just can't see how you claim he's your favorite when he hasn't done that much action. You could claim favorite male actor and that's fine, but he lacks for the action part of it. I'd say that Brad Pitt lacks for the action movie star under the same criteria.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited December 2007

Must occupy brain!

Not this one....

TELL US! TELL US OR DIE!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2007

Anyways, there's nothing like something silky next to your skin to make you feel like a princess all day.

But princess of what? That's the important thing. Being the princess of Cincinnati or something would be lower than being a peasant in Chicago.

Hopefully not the Princess of Cleveland. I mean is the city known for anything besides the Cleveland Steamer?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2007

You mean the conspiracy? Yeah, it's pretty big. Tony Danza is at the top of it.

ViolentChemistry on
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Hopefully not the Princess of Cleveland. I mean is the city known for anything besides the Cleveland Steamer?

Grover Cleveland?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2007
    It must suck for Alex Trebec people all coming up to him "dude what's the answer to question" And he's all "I just read the que cards mother fucker".

Everywhere I've seen the guy off of Jeopardy he was kind of a dick, so I kind of like the thought of random people running up to him and being all "Hey Trebeck - this body part has your lips wrapped around it!"

If I was Alex Trebec I'd be a dick in jeopardy format. "Who is the tv show host who slept with your wife last night"

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited December 2007

I just can't see how you claim he's your favorite when he hasn't done that much action. You could claim favorite male actor and that's fine, but he lacks for the action part of it. I'd say that Brad Pitt lacks for the action movie star under the same criteria.

I really enjoyed him in the Transporters and Crank. He played an action part in Italian Job, too. Hence, favorite action star.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited December 2007

Drew Carey.

ViolentChemistry on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Their river caught on fire once.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I am not a cheese connoisseur. I only really know a few types. Of those, my two favorites are colby and asiago.

I don't know if that's anything to go on, but of the following types of cheese I see in the deli aisle, which would be my best bet (read: most similar to colby and asiago)?
    *Gouda
    *Swiss
    *Camembert
    *Edam
    *Brie

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    edited December 2007

Must occupy brain!

Not this one....

TELL US! TELL US OR DIE!

I remembered what caused me to drink so much and get upset. Actually it's kind of nice knowning because until i remembered that i had no idea what the problem was.

JPants on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Wow, we all know so much about Cleveland!

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited December 2007
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    I am not a cheese connoisseur. I only really know a few types. Of those, my two favorites are colby and asiago.

I don't know if that's anything to go on, but of the following types of cheese I see in the deli aisle, which would be my best bet (read: most similar to colby and asiago)?
    *Gouda
    *Swiss
    *Camembert
    *Edam
    *Brie

I'm a huge fan of smoked gouda myself. It's very velvety and sweet and not stinky.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2007

The old Cleveland Browns were pretty awesome.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited December 2007

*Gouda
    *Swiss
    *Camembert
    *Edam
    *Brie

Swiss potentially, maybe gouda.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Brie

Aldo on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Wasn't Cleveland where Alice Cooper, or no -- Iggy and the Stooges is from?

edit: nope, never mind -- neither of them.

The Green Eyed Monster on
    edited December 2007
    I like Laughing Cow cheese. I'm not sure what kind of cheese it is.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007

Since when does capricious = conspiracy?

Dynagrip on
    edited December 2007

*Gouda
    *Swiss
    *Camembert
    *Edam
    *Brie

Edam or brie. None of those are really similar to asiago.

Medopine on
    edited December 2007

Sviss. It kind of says "Creamy Swiss" right on the little label.

I know because I'm eating some right now.

Medopine on
    edited December 2007

When I was little, I was living in Beijing and my dad was in California, and he would send packages home once in a while, and sometimes it would have Laughing Cow cheese in it, and I thought that was like the definition of cheese.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2007
    Cleveland actually does play a bit of a role in rock and roll history.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited December 2007

Since I'm making fun of you rather than engaging in an incredibly stupid debate in the [chat].

ViolentChemistry on
    edited December 2007

Since I'm making fun of you rather than engaging in an incredibly stupid debate in the [chat].

You're not very good at making fun of people.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited December 2007

So what you're saying is that you can't read.

Dynagrip on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Someone make me not-suck at Baldur's Gate II. :cry:

Aldo on
    edited December 2007

You're not very good at making fun of people.

It's all part of Kaiser Danza's plan.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited December 2007
    The only issue I have with PA mods is they have absolutely zero tact. They do a good job though.

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.