As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

im gay

• Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I hate the organic movement the most

I am fine not having insects and the farmer's deuce he dropped in the field in my vegetables, thank you

OH NOES THE GENETIC MODIFICATION IS GOING TO CHANGE MY DNAAAA

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    redhead wrote: »
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    hybrids are a joke

they are not justifiably any more fuel efficient than most other economical cars with the same amount of power. They only advantage they really have is during idling. And the increased cost and the ni-cad batteries that are really harmful don't outweigh the increased cost.

Once we get decent electric and fuel cell cars, then it will matter.
    th... they aren't? I mean

what

yes they are? my mom's prius gets way better gas mileage than any other car we've ever owned

I'm not really sure how to respond to a claim like that

Any hybrid that doesn't look like a futuristic fagmobile does not have good enough gas mileage to justify the increased sticker price.

Also keep in mind many car makers have been caught grossly overestimating the gas mileage ratings for their hybrids.

Hybrid cars are a temporary situation at best and it's one that I am not willing to invest in.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    nice reverse strawman there duder
    Do you mean me or what?

Because like eighty other people started arguing with you while I was typing that.

Butler on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Fuuuuck, what have I started? :|

edit: PI, they'd be impractical for my family is the point I was making with my statement. Also, yes, cheesburgers are delicious and should be held aloft as man's greatest accomplishment since the discovery of fire.
    I'm not going to let logic get in the way of a good joke.

Never have. Never will.

And I applaud you for it sir, with the fat 'neath my arms jiggling its approval.
    Don't tire yourself out on account of me.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    oh man butters and butler in the same thread

I always get confused

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Like when you called me an anti-Semite and conspiracy theorist when I said something about the U.N. (as a joke) which you took issue with.

Or was that just an ordinary strawman? I don't know.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Fuuuuck, what have I started? :|

edit: PI, they'd be impractical for my family is the point I was making with my statement. Also, yes, cheesburgers are delicious and should be held aloft as man's greatest accomplishment since the discovery of fire.
    I'm not going to let logic get in the way of a good joke.

Never have. Never will.

And I applaud you for it sir, with the fat 'neath my arms jiggling its approval.
    Don't tire yourself out on account of me.

:^:

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    hybrids are a joke

they are not justifiably any more fuel efficient than most other economical cars with the same amount of power. They only advantage they really have is during idling. And the increased cost and the ni-cad batteries that are really harmful don't outweigh the increased cost.

what

yes they are? my mom's prius gets way better gas mileage than any other car we've ever owned

The original ridiculously high mpg estimates they gave like 60mpg and all that were largely based off of old epa standards that weighed highly on how much fuel was used during idling. And for a hybrid, that is of course none.

The still have good mpg, its just not the answer to our problems. The increased cost is a large factor. Someday when you have to buy your own cars, you'll understand this.

well i mean, i guess the real question is whether or not it takes up more energy/fuel to 'charge' your car, than it does to fill your car with that little bit of extra gas.

i mean, you got the coal going to the power plant on a train using gas, the power plant then turns that into eletricity used to charge your car.

or you fill your tank up with gas that has been transported from across the world...

yeah now that i look at it i suppose electric still has a smaller footprint.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I hate the organic movement the most

I am fine not having insects and the farmer's deuce he dropped in the field in my vegetables, thank you

OH NOES THE GENETIC MODIFICATION IS GOING TO CHANGE MY DNAAAA
    That and the pesticides and the antibiotics and the steroids and the. . .

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Butters wrote: »
    hybrids are a joke

what

Any hybrid that doesn't look like a futuristic fagmobile does not have good enough gas mileage to justify the increased sticker price.

Also keep in mind many car makers have been caught grossly overestimating the gas mileage ratings for their hybrids.

Hybrid cars are a temporary situation at best and it's one that I am not willing to invest in.
    if it had been clear to me that he was saying something like "you are not going to save money by buying a hybrid" then I wouldn't have disagreed at all. I thought for some reason that he was just straight up saying they aren't more fuel efficient, though.

I mean, even my mom's prius, which does look like a futuristic fagmobile (to me, anyway) isn't going to end up saving us money overall unless the price for gas simply skyrockets sometime soon. but it's been a great car for us in all sorts of ways, so we're all really happy with it.

redhead on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Like when you called me an anti-Semite and conspiracy theorist when I said something about the U.N. (as a joke) which you took issue with.

i'm not allowed to joke any more

shoot

You were joking.

Of course.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    i don't see how wanting to react to somebody talking to you with violence is mature in any way

pls show me the light
    What violence? I think it's pretty clear the whole burn-and-drag comment was hyperbole.

Butler on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I was about to rip on Teefs, but then I realized that I was opening myself up for a major burn.

Well played, hypothetical forumer.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Is this the new South Park thread?
    Because I enjoyed Woodland Critter Christmas last night.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    hybrids are a joke

what

The original ridiculously high mpg estimates they gave like 60mpg and all that were largely based off of old epa standards that weighed highly on how much fuel was used during idling. And for a hybrid, that is of course none.

The still have good mpg, its just not the answer to our problems. The increased cost is a large factor. Someday when you have to buy your own cars, you'll understand this.
    oh wow, I didn't see this. condescending as hell, and laden with false assumptions about my post. what the hell is this?

redhead on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    tButler; Oh, god yes. I could never even imagine doing that to someone. D:

Also, I can't wait for hydrogen cars. I read somewhere that they'll be super-fast and fucking rad.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Jesus Christ it was a goddamn joke because the title said "watch south park."

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    its funny that teefs can joke about that kind of stuff, but if metzger makes a joke about hybrid cards teefs gets upset.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh please if there is a God don't let D3f3nd3r find this thread right now.

(breaking his ego search)

Butler on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    So Teefs is being a righteous cunt again.
    Gotcha.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    tButler; Oh, god yes. I could never even imagine doing that to someone. D:

Also, I can't wait for hydrogen cars. I read somewhere that they'll be super-fast and fucking rad.

i remember seeing a commercial for that.

isn't hydrogen like massively explosive? i mean, so is gas i guess, so maybe that isn't an issue.

they are hauling them in huge tanks right? i wonder how much it costs to refill a hydrogen tank.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    Fabricate, everytime i see your avatar i think it is a burger of some sort.

With science we can make burgers out of fabric.

They are not the most flavorful.

Fabricate on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Butters wrote: »
    hybrids are a joke

what

if it had been clear to me that he was saying something like "you are not going to save money by buying a hybrid" then I wouldn't have disagreed at all. I thought for some reason that he was just straight up saying they aren't more fuel efficient, though.

I mean, even my mom's prius, which does look like a futuristic fagmobile (to me, anyway) isn't going to end up saving us money overall unless the price for gas simply skyrockets sometime soon. but it's been a great car for us in all sorts of ways, so we're all really happy with it.

Well what he's saying isn't entirely false at face value either. There are only certain instances in which the flywheel is engaged and you actually are conserving gas. It depends on the way you drive.

Also they are expensive and dangerous to work on. My mechanic buddy told me Toyota of America has lost like 4 of it's own master mechanics due to electric shock. They are very touchy machines.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I'm not actually sure how car companies would adress the explosiveness of hydrogen, but hydrogen as a fuel source is too valuable to go to waste because of some gays complaining that their friend got turned into a smoking crater.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Teefs, for what it's worth, I am now 100% convinced that you are psychologically a woman.

Because you sure as fuck argue like one.

Butler on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    its funny that teefs can joke about that kind of stuff, but if metzger makes a joke about hybrid cards teefs gets upset.
    what

i'm not allowed to joke any more

shoot

also, whoops typo on my part - suppose to be hybrid cars.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    you know what rules

carbon nanotubes

lets make everything out of them

what, that stupid shit that tuners put all over their shitty handa accords?
    heehee.

edit: Teefs, you seem to be up on alternative fuels and such, what's up with hydrogen?

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ah and I'm back to agreeing with you

hells yes

space elevators all up ins

Butler on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Koshian wrote: »
    wooooo, debate!

who will win the typing marathon?

who will have the stamina to voice their smug sense of moral superiority the most?

me because i am better than the lot of you in every single way ever

the end

topical because this was 100% proved by Science

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I'm not actually sure how car companies would adress the explosiveness of hydrogen, but hydrogen as a fuel source is too valuable to go to waste because of some gays complaining that their friend got turned into a smoking crater.

Actually the main reason hydrogen isn't used as a fuel source is because it costs more than it's own worth to refine it at the moment.

Butters on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Projeck wrote: »
    Koshian wrote: »
    wooooo, debate!

who will win the typing marathon?

who will have the stamina to voice their smug sense of moral superiority the most?

me because i am better than the lot of you in every single way ever

the end

topical because this was 100% proved by Science
    Did you just quote the least authoritative of the major scientific journals.
    I think you did.
    ADHOM ADHOM

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    oh god yes space elevators

is there anything radder

Bob The Monkey on