As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Any chance I will get my package Monday (2nd day air UPS)

EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
edited December 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I fucked up when I order the lens for my Camera body. I saw that on the website to choose 2nd day air if you order on thur but missed that the order had to be in 4pm. Then I read in the email they sent me that it should go out friday and since it is 2nd day air wouldn't that make it arrive Monday?

SEGA
p561852.jpg
EliteLamer on

• Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    no weekends don't count for 2nd day air. If it shipped on Friday it will arrive on Wednesday. 2nd day means the 2nd business day, this is not necessarily true for NDA, which includes the option of 'Saturday delivery' with the obvious result (and +$10 approximately) There's also same day delivery which is insanely expensive and only available between major cities and must be shipped before 10am (I think), it will then arrive before 4pm or something at its destination.

Cauld on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    AHHhHH FUCK... Thats like the only thing I got for x-mas and I won't even be here to wait for the package.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    So the day that the package is in UPS hands does not count as a day? I thought the packages still move no matter what on Saturdays.. Do they just not move my package because they work.. I remember I tracked a ground package and it was moving on the weekend.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If UPS has it in their system, they should give you an estimated delivery date. I would not expect it before then.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    EggyToast wrote: »
    If UPS has it in their system, they should give you an estimated delivery date. I would not expect it before then.
    The company I order it through didn't give me a tracking number which pissed me the fuck off.

Here is the email they sent me... I hope the damn package went out..

Delivery of Overnight (Red Label) and 2 Day (Blue Label) Orders:
    Orders placed on our site with a request of overnight or 2 day delivery, are generally
    shipped on the day they are ordered. Please note orders made after 4:00 PM (Eastern Time)
    will be entered the next day.
    Weekend orders (from Friday after 10:00 A.M.) will be processed on Monday.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I sent something off overnight today from FedEx and it's supposed to arrive Monday at 10:30am. You MIGHT get lucky, but don't hold your breath. :(

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Doesn't overnight include weekends though?

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    two day air means it will arrive in two days, that doesn't include the day you shipped it or else it would be called next day air, which exists and is called next day air. saturdays don't count and sundays don't count, those days you see people working for packages that were shipped next day air saturday delivery on friday. This costs a lot of money (approximately $10-15 more than regular next day air).

The US postal service does work on saturdays, so maybe you're confusing them. But generally if you see a UPS truck out on a saturday it is only delivery NDA saturday deliveries. The reason there's no 2 day air saturday delivery is because its almost always cheaper to just nda air it so it arrives on friday anyway.

All that being said I would hold out hope that when you placed the order they shipped it that day. Where I worked we always said orders had to be placed before 2pm to go out that day, but routinely shipped orders right up until the ups truck left... we just wanted to give ourselves some buffer time in case something came up.

Cauld on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I was going to do Overnight but it was like 30 bucks. So I wont be getting it monday but what about Wed if it left Friday? It has to be here by then I can't stay any longer...

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Yes it should arrive on Wednesday if it was shipped on Friday, since Tuesday is a holiday.

Cauld on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This just happened to me. Girlfriend ordered me some shoes on thursday. UPS 2nd day air. Shoes were not picked up and actually shipped until the next monday and they arrived on wednesday. Don't hold your breath.

Shogun on