As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team Fortress 2

• Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    I remember on a PA server for gravelpit, I kept on building turrets as O, on the last flag before we could cap it. Apparently that is just not done, tsk tsk, let our engineers build their own turrets there ok?.

I fully support creative offensive turret building.

Grath on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Grath wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    I hate engineer so much. its either I'm against a team that knows how to take out my SGs easily and my team does nothing to stop them, or I'm against a team that sucks and can't get into my base, making my SG sitting there not doing anything all match.

2fort is the only map I go engie on. I usually get next to no points, because I sit in the flag room with my sentry and a dispenser, with hopefully one other engineer's SG and dispenser to help cover me. The ideal is when a pyro is down there with me. Not a lot of action, but it is an important part.

If you're getting next to no points your gun should be moved, or you should have time to go run out and put up a teleporter.

Well that is what I usually do. I ask someone to watch the sentries for a bit while I go put a teleporter out somewhere. But see, not getting very many points for a while is not the worst thing ever. Because usually the second I get fed up with defending and leave to go do something else, is right when they bust in and blow all of my stuff up while capturing the flag.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    basically about 5 of us went engineer on gravel pit on blue team

and at the spawn just built every building an engie can do

it is the ultimate

PotU and I would spy-pyro your shit to rubble in a heartbeat.
    I remember you trying to spy it up at my turrets, you got soo many wrenches to the face

Grath on
  • Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Zombot wrote: »
    How about you stop trying to crawl up Teefs ass?

I can vouch for him as a player, he's awesome at the game he knows what he's doing.

I also have experience with people that throw fits during the game about the way people are playing. They are looking for a reason they suck besides the obvious "I sucK" reason.

here's how their mindset works

"man I keep rushing through this doorway where they are all at and getting shot by all of them and dying, that guy sucks because he's not healing me!"

here's how my mindset works when playing the game

"man they keep killing me as I try and run in there, maybe I should try something else or perhaps wait for them to shoot at that heavy that keeps yelling for a medic and then run in after him"

There was only one time I've ever seen a good battle medic and that was when he was being healed by another medic. He was really good.

Zombot on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    Most of the G&T Hurf 'n Durf is coming from idiots with retard axe to grind who weren't even there, or who got themselves laughed out of the server before we were even done (Gothar, kruetz)

I have no idea what in the fuck you're talking about.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    How about you stop trying to crawl up Teefs ass?

I can vouch for him as a player, he's awesome at the game he knows what he's doing.

I also have experience with people that throw fits during the game about the way people are playing. They are looking for a reason they suck besides the obvious "I sucK" reason.

here's how their mindset works

"man I keep rushing through this doorway where they are all at and getting shot by all of them and dying, that guy sucks because he's not healing me!"

here's how my mindset works when playing the game

"man they keep killing me as I try and run in there, maybe I should try something else or perhaps wait for them to shoot at that heavy that keeps yelling for a medic and then run in after him"

There was only one time I've ever seen a good battle medic and that was when he was being healed by another medic. He was really good.

again, you are concetrating on what other people are doing.

Get out there and survive on your own. If you're not playing some clan match or something, you should think of it as a bonus if you get healed by some other player.

Then, once you're kicking ass left and right without relying on healing, you'll find healers who are going to go out of their way to keep you alive. I've walked around healing people that suck all they do is stand there letting you get killed and not doing anything dragging you down with them.

Grath on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    basically about 5 of us went engineer on gravel pit on blue team

and at the spawn just built every building an engie can do

it is the ultimate

PotU and I would spy-pyro your shit to rubble in a heartbeat.
    I remember you trying to spy it up at my turrets, you got soo many wrenches to the face

As a spy I am hit or miss but got pretty good after playing a while. I havent played in over a week and before that at least a month.

PotU is much more consistent than I and we used to work quite well together as he saps and I flame.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wait, No Great Name just said he was not playing while the battlemedic stuff was going on. So why the hell should he care? You have no place bitching about what was going on in a server that you were not even playing on. Especially if people did not care at the time.

However, if more than half of the server is bitching at you to knock something off, you should probably either switch servers or listen to them. (I am pretty sure Teefs' shenanigans fall into the nobody cared category though.)

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Artreus wrote: »
    (I am pretty sure Teefs' shenanigans fall into the nobody cared category though.)

they usually do

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm not going to self inflate my own ego by saying how good I am. When I play I usually rely on medpacks instead of medics to get me by.

People expect to be healed by a medic though. That's the basis of the class.
    If you're bonesawing people instead of healing the more offensive classes on your team, you're not really doing anyone any favors.

Zombot on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    I just play on a server where shenanigans are accepted and encouraged. All talk is on and it's a lot of fun. Of course, this means that sometimes I have to endure a 2girls1cup spray or one of a trannie getting a blowjob, but whatever.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    so what

Honestly, feel free to play how you like to play.
    Just don't be surprised when people stop playing with you or if you get banned on some servers.

Zombot on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm not going to self inflate my own ego by saying how good I am. When I play I usually rely on medpacks instead of medics to get me by.

If you're bonesawing people instead of healing the more offensive classes on your team, you're not really doing anyone any favors.

lets say that instead of bonesawing people, I was axing people. the only real difference is that I look different while going after people in melee, and I'm still not healing you because I'm a pyro. not sure where I'm going with this, but I think what I'm trying to say is that people's class choices aren't about you

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I once held off 4 people with the axe.
    It's a mighty weapon.

Zombot on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I got an awesome kill spree with my axe in the tunnels of dustbowl. epic viking poems, 50,000 words long could be written about it.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I got ubered by a medic and ran in with my flamethrower but ran out of ammo almost instantly because I had used it all up earlier, so I switched to the shotgun but it only had two shells and I blasted them and then I was out and so I switched to the axe and killed like five guys

It was awesome

Also TFS can play however he wants as long as he doesn't use any horrifying sprays because that's not even funny what the fuck man

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

lets say that instead of bonesawing people, I was axing people. the only real difference is that I look different while going after people in melee, and I'm still not healing you because I'm a pyro. not sure where I'm going with this, but I think what I'm trying to say is that people's class choices aren't about you

Well, you'd be a pretty shitty Pyro(which, incidentally, is pretty much what a battle medic is). Sure you get lucky streaks once in a while, which makes it easy to forget all the times you got destroyed. Axe kills are fun but don't do it for the whole game please. Pushing joke strats too far makes your team more likely to lose and wastes the time of your teammates.

Zek on
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Zek wrote: »

Well, you'd be a pretty shitty Pyro(which, incidentally, is pretty much what a battle medic is). Sure you get lucky streaks once in a while, which makes it easy to forget all the times you got destroyed. Axe kills are fun but don't do it for the whole game please. Pushing joke strats too far makes your team more likely to lose and wastes the time of your teammates.

For this, I will consistently hunt you down with axes, until your opinion changes.

Or until I get bored, whichever comes first.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    sprays are awesome

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I got ubered by a medic and ran in with my flamethrower but ran out of ammo almost instantly because I had used it all up earlier, so I switched to the shotgun but it only had two shells and I blasted them and then I was out and so I switched to the axe and killed like five guys

It was awesome

Also TFS can play however he wants as long as he doesn't use any horrifying sprays because that's not even funny what the fuck man

except when you kill someone they drop their weapon, giving you additional ammo

so you conceivably could have switched back to the flamethrower and used that instead, and you would have been more effective

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    everyone who thinks that killing the other team in a manner you deem inefficient is griefing needs to quit being a little fucking bitch and watch this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    CG FaggotryCG Faggotry BristolRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Fallout wrote: »
    everyone who thinks that killing the other team in a manner you deem inefficient is griefing needs to quit being a little fucking bitch and watch this:

I'm only 1 minute in & I am already chortling like no other.

CG Faggotry on
    bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pPoKaoJu0m4&feature=related

5:50

Zek on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Hmm, cool trick with the train.

CG Faggotry on
    bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008

I'm only 1 minute in & I am already chortling like no other.

the part with the quizzes are hilarious

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I would find grieving like this refreshingly amusing, despite being a victim. I really would. I'm always up for a bit of tomfoolery.

CG Faggotry on
    bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008

no one said you were alone in being bitchy about uselessness

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008

you said that "being useless" isn't griefing because of the team roomba video

and i say you're retarded

Zek on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Ridin' spinnaz what what.

CG Faggotry on
    bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008

you said that "being useless" isn't griefing because of the team roomba video

and i say you're retarded

not in the video i posted!

and just because they put it in their video doesn't mean it's griefing. if it is then it is the most negligible form of griefing i have ever seen in my life.

would you say that it's the bitching, lack of a sense of humor, or apparent short-term memory loss that is your greatest asset?

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Those teleporters in the doorway are horribly imaginative.

CG Faggotry on
    bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    wait what is the SE++ server's ip

also we are making play there

Projeck on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Projeck wrote: »

h5

(also you guys suck for always playing when I am stuck at work)

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Projeck wrote: »

64.156.14.133:27015

Tav on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    fucking steam wont work again. I've had this problem before(tries to update, gives me an error about multiple copies running), but I can't remember how I fixed. think its some sort of spyware that causes it, but I can't seem to find what it is

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    fucking steam wont work again. I've had this problem before(tries to update, gives me an error about multiple copies running), but I can't remember how I fixed. think its some sort of spyware that causes it, but I can't seem to find what it is

I'm guessing you've already tried shutting down and restarting

try checking out what is starting with your computer by typing msconfig in 'run'

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    b_350x20_C692108-381007-FFFFFF-000000.png

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Teefs you know I think you're hilarious but don't lie.

Those sprays totally contained several penises.

Asiina on
This discussion has been closed.