Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Team Fortress 2

• ZombotZombot Registered User
    edited January 2008
    so what

Honestly, feel free to play how you like to play.
    Just don't be surprised when people stop playing with you or if you get banned on some servers.

Spoiler:
  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Zombot wrote: »
    I'm not going to self inflate my own ego by saying how good I am. When I play I usually rely on medpacks instead of medics to get me by.

People expect to be healed by a medic though. That's the basis of the class.
    If you're bonesawing people instead of healing the more offensive classes on your team, you're not really doing anyone any favors.

lets say that instead of bonesawing people, I was axing people. the only real difference is that I look different while going after people in melee, and I'm still not healing you because I'm a pyro. not sure where I'm going with this, but I think what I'm trying to say is that people's class choices aren't about you

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • ZombotZombot Registered User
    edited January 2008
    I once held off 4 people with the axe.
    It's a mighty weapon.

Spoiler:
    edited January 2008
    I got an awesome kill spree with my axe in the tunnels of dustbowl. epic viking poems, 50,000 words long could be written about it.

tf2sig.jpg
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I got ubered by a medic and ran in with my flamethrower but ran out of ammo almost instantly because I had used it all up earlier, so I switched to the shotgun but it only had two shells and I blasted them and then I was out and so I switched to the axe and killed like five guys

It was awesome

Also TFS can play however he wants as long as he doesn't use any horrifying sprays because that's not even funny what the fuck man

7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    I'm not going to self inflate my own ego by saying how good I am. When I play I usually rely on medpacks instead of medics to get me by.

If you're bonesawing people instead of healing the more offensive classes on your team, you're not really doing anyone any favors.

lets say that instead of bonesawing people, I was axing people. the only real difference is that I look different while going after people in melee, and I'm still not healing you because I'm a pyro. not sure where I'm going with this, but I think what I'm trying to say is that people's class choices aren't about you

Well, you'd be a pretty shitty Pyro(which, incidentally, is pretty much what a battle medic is). Sure you get lucky streaks once in a while, which makes it easy to forget all the times you got destroyed. Axe kills are fun but don't do it for the whole game please. Pushing joke strats too far makes your team more likely to lose and wastes the time of your teammates.

• Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Zek wrote: »

Well, you'd be a pretty shitty Pyro(which, incidentally, is pretty much what a battle medic is). Sure you get lucky streaks once in a while, which makes it easy to forget all the times you got destroyed. Axe kills are fun but don't do it for the whole game please. Pushing joke strats too far makes your team more likely to lose and wastes the time of your teammates.

For this, I will consistently hunt you down with axes, until your opinion changes.

Or until I get bored, whichever comes first.

• FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY EVERY DAYRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    sprays are awesome

xcomsig.png
  • Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I got ubered by a medic and ran in with my flamethrower but ran out of ammo almost instantly because I had used it all up earlier, so I switched to the shotgun but it only had two shells and I blasted them and then I was out and so I switched to the axe and killed like five guys

It was awesome

Also TFS can play however he wants as long as he doesn't use any horrifying sprays because that's not even funny what the fuck man

except when you kill someone they drop their weapon, giving you additional ammo

so you conceivably could have switched back to the flamethrower and used that instead, and you would have been more effective

edited January 2008
    everyone who thinks that killing the other team in a manner you deem inefficient is griefing needs to quit being a little fucking bitch and watch this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ

xcomsig.png
  • CG FaggotryCG Faggotry Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Fallout wrote: »
    everyone who thinks that killing the other team in a manner you deem inefficient is griefing needs to quit being a little fucking bitch and watch this:

I'm only 1 minute in & I am already chortling like no other.

bulbesssigfinal.jpg
    edited January 2008

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pPoKaoJu0m4&feature=related

5:50

edited January 2008
    Hmm, cool trick with the train.

bulbesssigfinal.jpg
    edited January 2008

I'm only 1 minute in & I am already chortling like no other.

the part with the quizzes are hilarious

xcomsig.png
    edited January 2008
    I would find grieving like this refreshingly amusing, despite being a victim. I really would. I'm always up for a bit of tomfoolery.

bulbesssigfinal.jpg
    edited January 2008

no one said you were alone in being bitchy about uselessness

xcomsig.png
    edited January 2008

you said that "being useless" isn't griefing because of the team roomba video

and i say you're retarded

edited January 2008
    Ridin' spinnaz what what.

bulbesssigfinal.jpg
    edited January 2008

you said that "being useless" isn't griefing because of the team roomba video

and i say you're retarded

not in the video i posted!

and just because they put it in their video doesn't mean it's griefing. if it is then it is the most negligible form of griefing i have ever seen in my life.

would you say that it's the bitching, lack of a sense of humor, or apparent short-term memory loss that is your greatest asset?

xcomsig.png
    edited January 2008
    Those teleporters in the doorway are horribly imaginative.

bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    wait what is the SE++ server's ip

also we are making play there

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Projeck wrote: »

h5

(also you guys suck for always playing when I am stuck at work)

• TavTav Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Projeck wrote: »

64.156.14.133:27015

edited January 2008
    fucking steam wont work again. I've had this problem before(tries to update, gives me an error about multiple copies running), but I can't remember how I fixed. think its some sort of spyware that causes it, but I can't seem to find what it is

tf2sig.jpg
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    fucking steam wont work again. I've had this problem before(tries to update, gives me an error about multiple copies running), but I can't remember how I fixed. think its some sort of spyware that causes it, but I can't seem to find what it is

I'm guessing you've already tried shutting down and restarting

try checking out what is starting with your computer by typing msconfig in 'run'

edited January 2008
  • AsiinaAsiina Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Teefs you know I think you're hilarious but don't lie.

Those sprays totally contained several penises.

• Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Asiina wrote: »

There was another spray with more then a couple of penises?

• KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS
    edited January 2008
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Excellent Medic-ing in that game(s)
    Uber Machete runs would work better if the sniper wasn't slow as molasses in january

raneasig.png
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Asiina wrote: »

Just two.

• Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    RubberAC wrote: »
    Uber Machete runs would work better if the sniper wasn't slow as molasses in january

With crutches.

TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
    edited January 2008

With crutches.

I was contemplating whether or not to add that
    i thank you sir

raneasig.png
    edited January 2008

With crutches.

i thank you sir

Well thats the best part of the joke.

TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
    edited January 2008

With crutches.

i thank you sir

I suppose so
    but it always confuses people when i say it in real life

raneasig.png
    edited January 2008
    my favorite part was when I jumped up and axed an engineer in the foot

lost_sig2.png
    edited January 2008

With crutches.

i thank you sir

I suppose so

Well those people should be ashamed of themselves for not playing Psychonauts.

TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited January 2008
    edited January 2008

With crutches.

i thank you sir

I suppose so

Well those people should be ashamed of themselves for not playing Psychonauts.

This is definitely true

Kazhiim wrote:
    my favorite part was when I jumped up and axed an engineer in the foot

Did you actually kill that guy?
    i was watching, healing you, wondering why you didnt just flame his ass off

raneasig.png
    edited January 2008
    I did kill that guy, yes

it was a crit axe

lost_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.