As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Show me your entertainment space(NSF56k)

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'll post mine after work. I will show you what happens when you get married.

Doilies under all your game systems?

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DSCN0486.jpg
    DSCN0438-1.jpg

Pretty basic, but its all mine.

noobert on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    A chance to flaunt my random assortment of stuff I've collected over the past 20 years.
    DSCN3849.jpg
    A zoomed out view. My room's quite small.
    DSCN3844.jpg
    Rock Band and Guitar Hero instruments, plus the game rack.
    DSCN3845.jpg
    The TV. Nothing impressive, but it gets the job done. Dunno why I lined it with Pokemon or diecast Star Wars vehicles.
    DSCN3846.jpg
    My consoles. The PS3 is on the bottom since it weighs a friggin' ton.
    DSCN3850.jpg
    My bedside entertainment. Much easier to keep the DS, PSP, and MacBook next to my bed than with my other systems.
    DSCN3848.jpg
    Books and DVDs, kept on the upper part of a dresser.
    DSCN3847.jpg
    Various crap that resides on the bottom part of the same dresser.
    DSCN3851.jpg
    Printer, some old strategy guides, 19 or so school books for next semester (only taking 5 classes, it's just a lot of reading and writing), and six year's worth of Nintendo Power magazines. Also where I keep my SNES, GBA (not seen here), and SP.

I was a bit short on space, so the original XBox is in my closet, along with many console boxes and a partially deconstructed K-Nex Roller Coaster. My old GameCube, however, is rotting away at some GameStop. Forgot to take a picture of the Hess trucks that are lined up in front of the closet, of which I have collected since '95 or so.

Mx. Quill on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    My turn!

The living room/main gaming area

2183929560_43e444af86.jpg

Underneath the TV I have my modded xbox/media player, a box containing lots and lots of DVDs, an upscaling DVD player, above that my surround sound system, above that the cable box, to the left and slightly up a bit is my Amiga CD32 and to the left of that some PS3 games.

On the same level as the TV on the left is my Macbook, behind it a 360, to the right my Wii and behind that the PS3 (hiding). I dislike my speaker stands at the mo, they're due to change when I have the cash, as is the makeshift tv cabinet (an old table with some wood put underneath it to keep things off the carpet!)

The spare room/main computer area

2183929700_4f2605198e.jpg
    (The Sonic the Hedgehog sheets had to be changed for a bit, minus geeky points for me there)

My entertainment centre in my bedroom (where the magic happens)

2183929350_52b0d4c789.jpg

Inside the cabinet is a modded xbox connected to a linksys wrt54gs flashed with DD-wrt firmware, the dogs bollocks as far as I'm concerned. It acts as a bridge to my main network around the house. Also means when my friend comes round with his 360 we can plug it straight in to that tv and router and get some System Link on. A PS2 also lives in that cabinet there for some guitar hero fun.

Girly stuff on top of the tv as my girlfriend is slowly moving in, more geeky stuff around the side :) Surround Sound speakers too. That tv and speaker set was a freebie from my girlfriend's parents.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Raziel_pm wrote: »
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    +20 Bonus points for having a modded xbox featuring the decepticons.

I'll take that +20...and RAISE you 100 for whose guarding this bad boy:
    S3700108.jpgS3700109.jpgS3700099.jpg
    slacktron wrote: »
    All ribbing aside, although the Logitech G15 is a smashing keyboard, it would be more interesting to see how you've integrated it onto your desk/workspace than the logitech.com-worthy close ups.

What's your optimal setup for high intensity PC-gaming?

Well, there technically is no "desk/workspace". See , I have the g15 hooked to a 6ft USB 2.0 extention cord, and am actually sitting about 12 feet away on my loveseat. I sit on the left side with the keyboard in my lap, while my wireless Logitech laser mouse in on a pad on the loveseat's right side. It's the most comfortable set-up ever.

Goovy. I humbly request you get that on film -- or in pixels, as it were -- immediately.

Although I have to say that I tried the same wireless setup in my livingroom and the signal was too spotty to use at only 10' range. Plus, my couch arms are far too squishy for any mouse to find a secure foothold. A trackball would seem to be the obvious solution, but that's not how I roll.

The end result was a TV tray setup with an octopoid array of cables issuing from it that prompted no end of derision from my better half, and yea, even my offspring as they tripped and hurdled over my geeky construct to demand an immediate FPS ceasefire and summary resumption of vapid sitcoms and puerile cartoonery.

I said fuck it and went back to my desk. I'll post pictures of that place. It's rad.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm gonna post my setup once I clean up a bit, but I must warn everyone that my room is absolutely covered in game posters and gaming memorabilia in general.

Shockingly, it was my girlfriend who got me a large portion of it.

SirUltimos on
  • xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Everything is hidden. Well, most everything.

And with that, my SD card slot on my computer is fucking up all over the place, so no pictures for now.

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

And with that, my SD card slot on my computer is fucking up all over the place, so no pictures for now.

Is that such a bad thing? I mean, I have 7 consoles (+3 handhelds), over 120 games, a full Rock Band setup, plus dozens of various peripherals. But everything has a place where it is out of sight, but easy to get to. When people come in my house, the first thing they think isn't, "Holy shit, what a nerd!" Besides, I just feel like having all that stuff out in the open makes my place look junky.

Dirty on
    edited January 2008
    Dirty wrote: »

Is that such a bad thing? I mean, I have 7 consoles (+3 handhelds), over 120 games, a full Rock Band setup, plus dozens of various peripherals. But everything has a place where it is out of sight, but easy to get to. When people come in my house, the first thing they think isn't, "Holy shit, what a nerd!" Besides, I just feel like having all that stuff out in the open makes my place look junky.

Oh no, it's definitely not a bad thing, I was just trying to sound foreboding while the end result is very nice.

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
    edited January 2008
    Thanks to the miracle (I guess) of copying the images from my SD card to my PS3 to my PSP to my computer, I have the stuff.

A young married couple presents: One Bedroom Apartment: A Love Story

Sorry for the blurry. I suck at pictures.

Starting with the wide view:

IMGP0581.jpg

Sitting on the couch:

IMGP0583.jpg

Inside the cabinet on the left:

IMGP0584.jpg

Inside the cabinet on the right:

IMGP0585.jpg

Bookshelf with DVDs from the TV:

IMGP0587.jpg

Other side of shelf:

IMGP0588.jpg

My computer space:

IMGP0590.jpg

My wife's space:

IMGP0591.jpg

Edit: TOP O' THE PAGE WOO

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That is a giant one bedroom. I have a real one bedroom. 500 square feet with a wife and a dog for the win. I really should take some pics and contribute to one of these threads sometime because I enjoy the hell out of them.

corin7 on
    edited January 2008
    corin7 wrote: »
    That is a giant one bedroom. I have a real one bedroom. 500 square feet with a wife and a dog for the win. I really should take some pics and contribute to one of these threads sometime because I enjoy the hell out of them.

To be fair, it's a one bedroom townhouse. Bed and bathrooms are upstairs.

Also, need another guitar mount for my other plastic instrument (GH3 guitar).

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • bigbhbigbh Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    As you walk into the room you'd see this (just with the lights not on so the picture projected on the wall doesn't look so terrible):
    sideprofile.jpg

Better shot of the TV stuff:
    tv.jpg

bigbh on
  • YathrinYathrin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DSC00182.jpg

Thats my set-up. I really need to clean up the wires.

Yathrin on
    Deirdan.png
    card.png
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I don't have any pics but my setup right now is simple:

An HP w2408 tv I got at circuit city for 350$ because it was opened and they didn't have any extras so they sold me the display one...that they had up for all of 2 months so a damn good buy I must say. Have my PS3 hooked up to it and some creative 5.1 system I bought, I don't even know the name of it but it's quite spiffy for the 130$ I paid for it. My PC is hooked up through it VGA style.

For a monitor it really isn't a bad HDTV "substitute" (even though it is an hdm...monitor?) at all. 24" is really the size for me considering there is something I don't like about large tvs and sitting so far away from them. When play games, watching movies/etc, I like being close for some reason.

Crayon on
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    P1060213.jpg

Yes, that is Beavis and Butthead on the speaker. The game in the gamefly envelope on the floor is Folklore. Don't play it. Trust me.
    P1060211.jpg

My wife repellent. The plate on the bottle reads 'Jim's nameless bottle.' I got it during my bachelor party and I do not know what is in it. But it tastes awful and burns like you wouldn't believe. There are more figures that are put away right now, most importantly Haruko and Kanji from FLCL.

I have many, many more gargoyles that I am tempted to take pictures of, but not for this thread I suppose.

chamberlain on
  • etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Old pictures, but:
    game_room_1.jpg
    Game Room, in need of a cleaning.

001.JPG
    SF slot against the back wall

computer_desk.jpg
    And the command center, where slacking meets work...in the thunderdome.

etoychest on
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Man I need to invest in some nicer shit.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    0111080142.jpg

I sold my old TV today. Waiting for my tax return before I pull the trigger on a new TV. Probably going for the 37-inch Vizio, or possibly something 42-inch with 1080p if I find a good deal around then.
    It is so empty in here without a big TV in that spot sob sob :cry:

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
    edited January 2008
    Also, here's a shot of my shelves, where the majority of my entertainment material (but not even close to all of it) lies. (Spoilered for big.)
    IMG_0532.jpg

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Man I need to invest in some nicer shit.

fo sho. My TV stand is the box the TV came in...

TxdoHawk wrote: »
    Also, here's a shot of my shelves, where the majority of my entertainment material (but not even close to all of it) lies. (Spoilered for big.)
    IMG_0532.jpg

whats with the tea?

EskimoDave on
    edited January 2008
    EskimoDave wrote: »
    whats with the tea?

It's a random bag of tea one of my NJ friends gave me at the last convention I was at, he wanted me to try it. My room is a bit of a mess at the moment, so I wanted to make sure I didn't lose it. I should probably go make that now, while I am thinking about it.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    dsc01244mm6.jpg
    My TV -- Panasonic TH42PZ77, 42 inch 1080p

dsc01253rk2.jpg
    I love my TV. LOVE.

dsc01245tn8.jpg
    My Toys

dsc01246om8.jpg
    Seating Arrangements -- 2 Sumo's, 1 Fatboy, 1 Lovesac

dsc01250yf8.jpg
    More Toys, Games, etc -- Only have Stargate up to Season 7 ... I'll be damned if I buy season 8 - 10 in the new shitastic packaging

dsc01249kw1.jpg
    The Romper Room -- My wife say's that once we buy a condo we have to get "real" furniture so I'm enjoying this while I can. I think she secretly likes the furniture we have, but it's not exactly ideal for when the folks come over. :P

Fashion and style issues aside, it's the most comfortable gaming/theatre area I've ever had. Seriously I love this room

Bamelin on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    :^: for Steve Irwin being on the TV. Named my Feraligatr in DP after him.

Mx. Quill on
  • Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    bigbh wrote: »
    As you walk into the room you'd see this (just with the lights not on so the picture projected on the wall doesn't look so terrible):
    sideprofile.jpg

Better shot of the TV stuff:
    tv.jpg

Is your room Doom 3?
    get it? It's funny because it's an old joke that has been run into the ground.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • MisanthropicMisanthropic Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    As for the virgin/girl repellent comments, as long as you aren't super nerdy (talk about esoteric JRPGs in public) and own up to it (yeah, it's super nerdy, so what?) it doesn't matter. I have a pretty nerdtastic set up in my flat and I live with two attractive girls (pics or it didn't happen!). Sure, when I fire up DOTA they say I'm (exact quote) "playing swords" and they gave me a lot of shit when they overheard the alien lovemaking scene in Mass Effect, but really they don't think I'm some un-sexable geek and they frequently request I set up Sonic so they can play.

So, basically, if you have the disposable income, might as well splurge.

Misanthropic on
  • DevilGuyDevilGuy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Zeon wrote: »
    Tzen wrote: »
    Are you a virgin?

RIPOSTE!
    Aselith wrote: »
    girlrepellent.jpg

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Do you not have anything better to do than shit all over this thread?

well it's not like they have girlfriends to attend to or anything.

DevilGuy on
  • Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DevilGuy wrote: »
    Are you a virgin?

RIPOSTE!
    girlrepellent.jpg

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Do you not have anything better to do than shit all over this thread?

zing! zing zing zing!

i love it.

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    No-one else has a CD32 (yet), I feel special!

Also with regards to girls and geeky, I lived with a lass who moved in with me largely because I had Donkey Kong Country (Well, a SNES, but largely that game) set up on a projector the first time she came round.

I moved in with her because she had big tits and a pool table.

It worked well.

I was mocked more by her/her female friends for my sleeping with ugly women than my collection of awesome geeky stuff.

Anyway, more pics, I love being nosey and pearing in to the lives of others. I may go over-the-top and post up a google-vid of a walk through of my house :D

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hey guys, look how completely uninteresting my stuff is and how badly I take pictures!
    P1010021.jpg

P1010018.jpg

P1010023.jpg

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Just my computer for now fellas
    1712070851gv0.jpg
    Ain't she pretty?

The Black Hunter on
  • AselithAselith Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DevilGuy wrote: »
    Are you a virgin?

RIPOSTE!
    girlrepellent.jpg

zing! zing zing zing!

i love it.

Kind of a long turnaround time on that one. I guess you can't right something jenious like that in minutes though.

Aselith on
  • AselithAselith Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Pancake wrote: »
    Hey guys, look how completely uninteresting my stuff is and how badly I take pictures!
    P1010021.jpg

P1010018.jpg

P1010023.jpg

SICK BASTARD! You gutted that poor computer like a fish. You'll burn in hell for this, I hope you know.

Aselith on
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ahh, this is my PC... nothing flashly, but i like it...

computersetup001.jpg

And thats my Xbox, not my TV, parents... still live at home i'm afraid ;P but am moving out in about six months so i'll miss the 42" goodness ;_;

computersetup002.jpg

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • MangarooMangaroo LondonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    hey guys i seem to notice a lot of you have your ps3s in like confined areas, like in tv-shelf things or next to other consoles, does it not get loud? when i say loud, i mean about xbox 360 level, or does it stay quiet even in those spaces? I'm having a bit of an issue with mine, anyway, heres my setup:

img0059fs4.jpg

I've got a lot of work to do so I needed to separate the games from the study, damn wireless controller makes it too easy to turn on the ps3 though.

Mangaroo on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have never heard my PS3

The Black Hunter on
  • HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Mangaroo wrote: »
    hey guys i seem to notice a lot of you have your ps3s in like confined areas, like in tv-shelf things or next to other consoles, does it not get loud? when i say loud, i mean about xbox 360 level, or does it stay quiet even in those spaces? I'm having a bit of an issue with mine, anyway, heres my setup:

img0059fs4.jpg

I've got a lot of work to do so I needed to separate the games from the study, damn wireless controller makes it too easy to turn on the ps3 though.

Is that Copella on your desk? I drink that stuff all the time :P .

Going to post pictures later.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

img0059fs4.jpg

Speaking for myself my PS3 is whisper quiet whether it has a disc in it or not. My 360 on the other hand sounds like a Harrier jet roaring to life when I stick in a disc.

Bamelin on
  • ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Bamelin wrote: »

img0059fs4.jpg

Speaking for myself my PS3 is whisper quiet whether it has a disc in it or not. My 360 on the other hand sounds like a Harrier jet roaring to life when I stick in a disc.

Mines quiet, unless my roommate shuts the door on the entertainment cabinent. If the PS3 cant breath through the front, it does get fairly loud.

The 360 is so fucking loud regardless, though its really just the disc drive, not the fans.

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • elizabexelizabex Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ARG, seeing the shelves of games (new & old) makes me miss all my stuff that got STOLED a year ago last November. Byebye 5 year-old video game collection, consoles, and other assorted media items (not to mention the CHANGE BOWL OF PENNIES, NICKLES, AND ONE OR TWO QUARTERS).

My setup now has a new LCDTV, 360, Wii (second one!), surround setup, PS2, and G-cube (currently living in a closet). Maybe I'll shoot a pic when I get home.

In any case, fun thread!

elizabex on
    elizabex.png