Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[miniphalla] Gremlins: The Corner Project - GAME OVER - Coming of the Don

17891012

Posts

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Great game, guys!

    And special thanks to Sabs, who let me take over the Lady role.

    Sorry I didn't find you in time, Stew_stick :(

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Haha, I decided to give infidel the whole thing because I had a gut feeling I was gonna die. I tried to form a network of 4 others to better secure victory and knowing phalla players someone would betray me.

    I won't name any names though *cough Obbi *cough*

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    And how could I forget: mad props to Thinatos, for helping us coordinate the Gremlins 'breaking' the thread, and subsequently saving the day(if only by having Tube feed Mohawk to a blender, from the looks of it).

    fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Look at Tube, slurping up gremlin soup and dawwww cute.

    TwitchTV channel: OrokosPA OrokosPA
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    And I didn't kill you, like I promised that I wouldn't ;p

    Yeah but you told Obbi instead, which is just as good. And you were part of the triad with Rainfall. So betrayal nonetheless and not upfront about it.

    edit: Actually since you apologized ...it makes it a tad better. And (if) you don't know what Rainfall told me. Her first pm was of slipping something into my food ;making me believe she tried to kill. Subsequently she tells me she meant that she has the ability to experiment and grant an individual of her choosing; I was honest and said I didn't get any ability. She later said that her ability only works on people. And I figured I had just outed myself as a gremlin, when in the fact the reason it didn't work was because I was a mogwai.

    Making me think she was just careless in contacting me and had unintentionally added a gremlin to her small troop of humans. And I wanted to verify to who I thought might be the only two humans left, that I was actually a good guy.

    I guess if you knew what she told me , you might understand why I'm pissed; if you did know I guess I'll still hold a grudge. Oh well I should have been smarter, and I'll choose my allegiances more carefully next time.

    XBL: Invisible Man PSN: Indrik
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This was fun, thank you for the awesomeness Infidel and CJ.

  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    You forgot my role pm Infidel

    And fuck you DA

    trying to get me killed is mean

    I never contacted you, jerk

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The role PMs are split, he posted half, I posted the other half.

    fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
  • RainfallRainfall Don't lose your WAAAAAAAYRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Okay, Rend. I officially have a grudge against you. Forever.

    Grundl, all the information I passed on to you was there to be used, and as long as I didn't die I didn't care. Dammit, if only Rend hadn't picked the same people I experimented on to recruit into his mob.

    Egos, sorry for lying to you, I never actually experimented on you, I hit El Skid that night. I needed to expand my network fast, and I managed to do so with reasonable efficacy.

    ...if it hadn't been SOMEBODY ELSE'S network, anyways.

    Oh well. Fun game!

    EDIT: Oh yeah, the whole thing with the humans and people was a complete messy misunderstanding, but since you were trusting me implicitly at that point I decided it was best to just keep going with it.

  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Heheh what a crazy game

    No hard feelings Rainfall, I did keep you alive as long as possible /wink

    You even had said eventually one of us would have to die

    steam_sig.png
  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I think Ardor raised my expectations a bit too high on the honor of people while in phalla.

    XBL: Invisible Man PSN: Indrik
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    FYI, the base odds for each Gremlin's kill ability was 20%. The Joker had 40%.

    This is my first time working with a game with conversion. Thankfully, since everyone was only out for themselves at first, it hopefully removed any according drama with betraying people that you used to be working with(or something like that).

    fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well Ardor is Ardor, you have to understand this is a game of deception

    What I pride myself on is that I never lie :P

    steam_sig.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I blame Rainfall for ruining my epic last song Thriller, to be preformed by gremlins had I won.

  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    Ah, well, at least you got to win, Rend

    at least I killed Gizmo, I still win by logic.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Did I do something to warrant the day one kill? Was it just the RNG? Or is it a carry-over grudge?

    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • LocusLocus Trust Me RochesterRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Great game! Would play again!

    I claim partial credit for jdarksun's victory.

  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It was random, del. I didn't know everyone was gremlins and I thought you might have had something to hide because you were quiet. It was just intuition based.

    Sorry that I removed you from a game you may have found very fun. I would have made a different choice if I were a gremlin....and had a better idea as to the nature of the game.

    XBL: Invisible Man PSN: Indrik
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Since my replacement was one of the winners I felt that I won too. Go me!!

    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Braggadocio Open up the trunk, release the mech, Increase the power to the shield to protect, I never hit eject.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Egos wrote: »
    It was random, del. I didn't know everyone was gremlins and I thought you might have had something to hide because you were quiet. It was just intuition based.

    Sorry that I removed you from a game you may have found very fun. I would have made a different choice if I were a gremlin....and had a better idea as to the nature of the game.

    Don't feel bad about that - I had no clue what was going on till the end of day 2. I honestly thought this game couldn't be won because at 6:00 am the sun come up and there was a hell of a lot of gremlins I had to beat to win.

    I was proven wrong. :D

    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    I toss back drinks with a stiff upper lip and you’re just here to hear my tongue frolic.
    Join Now.
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Egos wrote: »
    It was random, del. I didn't know everyone was gremlins and I thought you might have had something to hide because you were quiet. It was just intuition based.

    Sorry that I removed you from a game you may have found very fun. I would have made a different choice if I were a gremlin....and had a better idea as to the nature of the game.

    Nah, don't sweat it; if I were the type to whine about being killed day one, I shouldn't be playing Phalla in the first place.

    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Fun enough, but not enough Billy-killing for my tastes.

    humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    What were the vigilante attack % chance values?

    humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Squashua wrote: »
    What were the vigilante attack % chance values?
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    FYI, the base odds for each Gremlin's kill ability was 20%. The Joker had 40%.

    This is my first time working with a game with conversion. Thankfully, since everyone was only out for themselves at first, it hopefully removed any according drama with betraying people that you used to be working with(or something like that).

    I'm actually curious to know what my kill% was after I got experimented on and the chance reduced.

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    LttP: Woot! Sorry, rainfall, I was making them offers they couldn't refuse ^^

    gg, though, everyone. It was fun. It was interesting how many conflicting win conditions there were.

  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Egos wrote: »
    I think Ardor raised my expectations a bit too high on the honor of people while in phalla.

    There's a good number of people who are just as trustworthy or honorable if you will, as I am. I'm just the one that gets noticed for it more often.

    I tend to use methods in attempts to decieve the opposing factions as well, I might use slightly different methods is all.

  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This was fantastic to be in, fantastic to watch :^:

    Perimare_zpsfcce2f1c.png
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Agreed. Also, my second time winning whilst alive. That was pretty cool too. I really love the flavor you guys gave. Seriously, CJ, you should narrate more games :p

  • Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    El Skid wrote: »
    Great game, guys!

    And special thanks to Sabs, who let me take over the Lady role.

    Sorry I didn't find you in time, Stew_stick :(

    Ah well. I did guard you on the night that I died so at least I kinda did something towards that. Kind of.

    Also thanks for the great game, was fun while it lasted.

  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    I was one of the ones who contacted Grundl when he was going down on night one.

    I teamed up with Toxic Toys after that.

    Embarkation contacted me with the other 3. I put trust into Embarkation and he did not fail me.

    Of course, I kind of thought he might be creating TWO groups (our 4 and an identical counter-group) and playing us against each other.

    That would have been the shizzle.

    humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ardor wrote:

    I tend to use methods in attempts to decieve the opposing factions as well, I might use slightly different methods is all.

    So is there no-way of playing this game(well) without being deceptive? What happened to me was pretty hurtful and I definitely wouldn't want to do it to someone else.

    I might just not have the personality type for it.. or maybe I should say it this way; If I'm type of person who finds what happened to me hurtful, is it safe to say I shouldn't be playing the game in the first place?

    XBL: Invisible Man PSN: Indrik
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Egos wrote: »
    Ardor wrote:

    I tend to use methods in attempts to decieve the opposing factions as well, I might use slightly different methods is all.

    So is there no-way of playing this game(well) without being deceptive? What happened to me was pretty hurtful and I definitely wouldn't want to do it to someone else.

    I might just not have the personality type for it.. or maybe I should say it this way; If I'm type of person who finds what happened to me hurtful, is it safe to say I shouldn't be playing the game in the first place?

    Ask the people around for advice. When I give my word on something, I'm going to keep it provided all the conditions I listed are met. However, I also have a habit of not telling people everything. For example, if I'm an odd day guardian, I might tell people I'm a guardian or I'm a guardian under certain conditions. Those statements are true, but they don't tell you everything. I really don't lie, I just give enough hints to let people come to their own conclusions, which I hope are incorrect, but what I wanted them to conclude.

    That's just me and my playstyle though. I've done my best to run on a truth image. There are many times this has hindered me too, where deception would've been 200 times better.

    You should look into MrBlarney's game when he runs it, I believe it is similar to set phalla in the win condition department where you're essentially a card from a deck of cards with several attributes. In set phalla, everyone had a number 1-3, a shape and a color. you could win with either all the same shape, color or numbers left, or you could win with another card that had nothing in common with yours.

    There's plenty of methods one can use that doesn't involve deception of the kind you are probably talking about. For example, I like to use public feints when dealing with the opposing factions or if you come up with a plan that really can't be beat, you don't have to lie or decieve anyone.

  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Probably better to explain in steps

    1. I was a mogwai. I had some ability to avoid being killed (the pm wasn't specific) and to kill one person each night

    2. Rainfall contacted me claiming she put something into my food and remarked that it was good to see I was still alive; I surmised that this meant she tried to kill me and had found out I had some special power.

    3. I asked if she tried to kill me and she said no, that she had just experimented on me (this was a lie, she in fact experimented on El Skid). She then asked if I had gained any special abilities

    4. I was honest and said no I didn't. And she said that was odd and that her abilities only worked on people (explaining why I didn't get any special ability; but the real reason was because I wasn't experimented on).

    I'm assuming she just covering her tracks after I was honest with her. And she just guessed I was a regular gremlin.

    5. She confided in me that she had formed a network with Grundl; who she granted the seer ability to. And I agreed to join forces thinking that I might be outed (as strange) or turned against if I didn't.

    6. She did say we would be a merry batch of gremlins at the end- but this was a pm to both me and Grundl and I thought she might have been human and lying to cover her tracks.

    7. Grundl never said anything to me. Making me think that Rainfall had accidentally let a gremlin into their group , and Grundl was being cautious

    8. It didn't make sense to me in a game where everyone is out to kill each other. That a gremlin would be giving "good abilities" to those that they eventually have to kill. So I surmised that she was the ace in the hole for a very small group of humans (granting them extra abilities)

    I thought this because I wasn't a gremlin, and it wouldn't have surprised me if there were maybe 1 or 2 other non-gremlins.

    9. Because I didn't get any experiment side effects. And because I surmised the above. I thought it would be best to out myself as Gizmo to both Grundl and Rainfall in order to form a "good alliance". And explain that the reason why I didn't get any effects was because I was a mogwai not a gremlin (thus not a threat to the humans)

    And unfortunately afterwards I sent pms, trying to help out. By narrowing down who may be a human amongst the last remaining 9 (with Obbi and you*jdark* being obviously outed as not).

    10. Grundl seemingly sent the message to Obbi as to who I was, getting me killed.

    XBL: Invisible Man PSN: Indrik
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    In my experience, you can go through most of your phalla life without being downright deceitful and still do just fine. Some players are well known for this, and it can definitely work to your advantage once people realize they can trust what you say.

    As for other people...frequently you get people who lie, whether out of self-preservation, to betray your side, or just because they enjoy being assholes. I recommend developing a health skepticism towards people in phallas if you're worried about being backstabbed... You can never make it impossible, but making people prove themselves to you before you trust them goes a long way to reducing the number of knives collecting themselves in your back.

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That stuff happens fairly often in pm's when teams are involved. I usually just grudge the person next time. If I'm a vigilante, I tend to go after those people around day 2 and beyond. Shoot first, ask questions later right?

    Ask people like Shamus about things like that. He hosed every single good guy special in the V:tM and it was a riot. He was a neutral that could win with 2 out of the 4 factions and he decided it would be more fun to win with an evil team. Aaaaaand we, the good guy specials, got lynched nice and quick. Personally, I respect him for it and think he's a great player. There are times I like him more when he's been killed off though. Heh.

  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Lesson learned.

    jdarksun is mean.

  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    See Egros, Rainfall was the liar... I didn't lie about anything

    I just passed along information where I thought it was relevant :P

    In the future I would get some kinda response before you jump the gun and give out all that sweet juicy info

    steam_sig.png
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    Lesson learned.

    jdarksun is mean.

    You know I love you. <3

    Seriously, I don't even target you anymore when I'm a vig. These games tend to be way more interesting with folk like you around.

    It's hard to strike a balance between targeting the old hands and newbies. :|

    I look at newer players and those that had day 1 deaths and try to aviod killing them right away. Anyone else is fair game.

    Although, I'm pretty sure the next time I'm a vigilante, I'll outfit my gun with some form of tracking device that homes onto spreadsheet makers or frog avatars. You know, for better accuracy and all that.

  • P10P10 An Idiot with Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    And never trust TehSpectre. Because he will turn on you.

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Lesson #1: giving away information with no strings attached is a bad idea. I highly recommend contacting someone and proposing that you give out information but with conditions. Like "don't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you" is a good one. Sure they can lie, but quite a few people would actually hold your secret even if it was useful to out you.

    And if someone does break their word at that point, you can grudge vote/kill them next phalla in good conscience.

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
Sign In or Register to comment.