As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

XBLA + Duke Nukem 3D = Some ass kicking with little or no gum

2»

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Poor Ritual.

Zxerol on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Does it have the multiplayer levels from the 64 version? If so DOUBLE SOLD. DN64 multiplayer was so awesome.

-SPI- on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This is awesome! What about Blood/Shadow Warrior? I'd pay my weight in HD-DVD's.

I would rip off my own dick and beat myself senseless with it for an XBLA port of Blood!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hail to the king, baby.

RichardTauber on
  • UnKnown SoldierUnKnown Soldier Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That's one doomed space marine.

UnKnown Soldier on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That's one doomed space marine.

Give this man a trophie :lol:

I think this will be the straw that breaks the camels back in terms of my resistance of XBL.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    must have carnival. . .

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • samus666samus666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Sweet. I never got to play the PC version all that much - just the N64 one, back in the day.

i do feel for you, that version was so terrible.

samus666 on
  • ZyreZyre Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    "Nobody steals our chicks... and lives!"

"Those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!"

"You're an inspiration for birth control!"

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum."

"Your face. Your ass. What's the difference?"

"Hmm, don't have time to play with myself."

The news that it's coming to XBLA is kinda awesome. Although right now if you do happen to own the CD's, Duke3D source code was publicly released a few years ago - there have been some fan made recreations of the game that include all files except the .grp ones that include all the levels, sounds etc stuff that is copy righted by 3d Realms.

Install the basic version of Duke3d of your disc, download the 1.3 > 1.5 patch off the 3d Realms website and use that to install the plutonium pak cd (must be in your drive - the install wont run off the cd, has to be installed through this patch) - you can then google for the various duke3d recreations, I think my favorite has been XDuke and the DukesterX mod that allows you to play games over the internet. I actually just got into this after reading about it on the wiki at work a few weeks ago. (actually all the info is on the wiki; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_3d) My friend and I have put a couple days into playing Co-Op, were almsot done with Episode 3. Its amazing how much of the game we remember, and other times frustrating trying to figure out how the fuck to advance a certain level.

Zyre on
  • LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This is awesome! What about Blood/Shadow Warrior? I'd pay my weight in HD-DVD's.

Shadow Warrior CTF is maybe the most fun I've ever had in a PC game.

Sticky Bomb Lik-a You!

LaPuzza on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Dixon wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    I remembered reading a quote from Broussard a while back, saying that they were basically ready to go with a DN3D port for Live Arcade, it just needed the say-so from MS. I reeeeeeeeally hope that MS weren't dumb enough to pass that up, and this is the result.

Yeah thats what the IGN article was saying they were waiting for and apparently they got the nod of approval from MS, so there saying it should be out within the next few months...maybe they'll release DNF at the same time and surprise us all!

Then it appears we all need to go to our separate deities, and offer up whatever sacrifice works best, because they've obviously been pulling some ethereal strings.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What's the chances of a super-censored version? Im thinking high... :S

Snare on
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    little known fact, Snare likes to rain on parades.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    edited January 2008
    Snare wrote: »
    What's the chances of a super-censored version? Im thinking high... :S

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GET OFF THE STAGE

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh damn I totally forgot about blood and shadow warrior...man 3DRealms pretty much owned my childhood...

Dixon on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    since this is the only XBLA thread on the front page, let me just say... I was expecting Ikaruga or Rez or something decent today, with a ton of points in my account, and we get Boogie Bunnies?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Blood was great, I think that was the first FPS I ever played that let me Dual-wield. The love affair has yet to be ended.

I'm John Fucking Woo!

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    this will probably not have the audio macros. I loved those damn things, especially spamming them in multiplayer, "What are you some kind of bottom-feeding, scum sucking, allergy eater?", "You're an inspiration for birth control", "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!", "you suck". Ahh yes, I was very amused.

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
    edited January 2008
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    Blood was great, I think that was the first FPS I ever played that let me Dual-wield. The love affair has yet to be ended.

I'm John Fucking Woo!

I think someone metioned this but the best level was the circus or the big amusment park level...i remember they had like the mini games booths, like when you throw the ball at the bottles sorta thing but inthe game there were like a bunch of zombie heads lined up and you had to kick them into the circle target and when that happened you got the prise which was like super armor or something...damn that game was awesome. Whats sad is I never had the full game...i only played the first episode like a million times...sigh

Dixon on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    TelMarine wrote: »
    this will probably not have the audio macros. I loved those damn things, especially spamming them in multiplayer, "What are you some kind of bottom-feeding, scum sucking, allergy eater?", "You're an inspiration for birth control", "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!", "you suck". Ahh yes, I was very amused.

On the other hand, you could do your best Duke voice into the mic.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited January 2008

Wasn't it 'algae-eater'?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Wasn't it 'algae-eater'?

maybe, but it was still awesome.

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
    edited January 2008

Wasn't it 'algae-eater'?

Yeah it was...but I guess allergy also works lol

Dixon on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh damn I totally forgot about blood and shadow warrior...man 3DRealms pretty much owned my childhood...
    Blood (My favorite game of all time) was done by Monolith.

I'm John Fucking Woo!

I think someone metioned this but the best level was the circus or the big amusment park level...i remember they had like the mini games booths, like when you throw the ball at the bottles sorta thing but inthe game there were like a bunch of zombie heads lined up and you had to kick them into the circle target and when that happened you got the prise which was like super armor or something...damn that game was awesome. Whats sad is I never had the full game...i only played the first episode like a million times...sigh

You kicked heads into a diseased mouth with gnashing teeth. One of the best levels in the game just before the best secret level in the game, in a game FULL of some of the best level design ever seen in a game.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • NeedleNeedle Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

(...)

You kicked heads into a diseased mouth with gnashing teeth. One of the best levels in the game just before the best secret level in the game, in a game FULL of some of the best level design ever seen in a game.
    And today they're busy filling gray square room after gray square room with an endless stream of identical Generic-Gas-Mask-Soldier-Guys (aka F.E.A.R). Sad.

I miss build engine era games. :(

Needle on
    edited January 2008
    The soldiers in F.E.A.R. were clones..

That's like complaining that all every Stormtrooper in Star Wars looks the same.

"Geez Ted, you'd think you could spruce your uniform up with some accessories or flair or something dude. Same white uniform every day."

edit: ed for less angst.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited January 2008

I'm John Fucking Woo!

Yeah...monolith, whoops mistake on my part, know what other kick ass game they made...Shogo! woot yeah off topic so what. But yeah that was the the level it was awesome as shit! That might be my fav fps game of all time...tied with halo and duke nukem 3d lol.

Dixon on