As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007: 11/14

1235»

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I really dig the create an entrance this year. They streamlined it alot more than last year, and actually being able to preview what you're assigning is a god send. Also it's really neat how you can watch the entrance and assign the camera angles wherever you want. All the need is option to insert your own music and i'll be perfect.

Also I'm digging the season. CAW's don't look out of place anymore, specially if you go for a realistic look, the voice acting is pretty good, and the stories are entertaining. The addition of the little touches like the locker room and magazine really add to it.
    I think though, they need to find a way to incorporate what happens in the ring into the story more. Like I was in a handicape match with Booker T vs. Batista and Batista won, but the cut scene showed Bookert T and my character celebrating.
    What I'm imagining it's something like if you act like a heel in the ring, you become a heel in the story. That would be awesome.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Friend and I are thinking about picking up copies for ourselves. I played smackdown 06 I would say from about december last year till mid summer that just passed, I was so freaking hooked on that game it was no even funny.

I made two stables and filled out both of them, bringing most of the CAWs through story mode; I plan to recreate them if I pick up '07. Only thing that makes me hesitant was I really wasnt feeling the new grapple system during the demo.

Aretè on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Aretè wrote:
    Friend and I are thinking about picking up copies for ourselves. I played smackdown 06 I would say from about december last year till mid summer that just passed, I was so freaking hooked on that game it was no even funny.

I made two stables and filled out both of them, bringing most of the CAWs through story mode; I plan to recreate them if I pick up '07. Only thing that makes me hesitant was I really wasnt feeling the new grapple system during the demo.

You can change it to the old way if you want, though I would give it another shot. It's really alot more fluid than before, and I'm enjoying it alot more.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    S0upS0up Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Just a quick question for people who completed season mode,

I played past Royal Rumble, won the match to defend my title, and there's no Stone Cold. Which led to me believe that I need to be titleless going in Royal Rumble to unlock him. So is there anyway I can replay a match or unlock him without having to go all the way through Season mode?

S0up on
  • Options
    Stevo 22Stevo 22 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    S0up wrote:

I played past Royal Rumble, won the match to defend my title, and there's no Stone Cold. Which led to me believe that I need to be titleless going in Royal Rumble to unlock him. So is there anyway I can replay a match or unlock him without having to go all the way through Season mode?

I am in a similar predicament. If I hit the Rumble soon, I'll let you know. It's just weird looking at it after beating it and seeing no Stone Cold. WTF.

Stevo 22 on
    "It's do or die." "Hey, I've died twice."
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Stevo 22 wrote:
    S0up wrote:

I am in a similar predicament. If I hit the Rumble soon, I'll let you know. It's just weird looking at it after beating it and seeing no Stone Cold. WTF.

From what I understand, you must be in the actual rumble itself and win. Winning a title match at the Royal Rumble PPV doesn't count.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Anyone want to play a match or two?

I have a large amount of English essays, screenwriting homework, and Smackdown ahead of me tonight.

Gamertag is username.

Stevo 22 on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I know you guys have Xbox Live. :x

Stevo 22 on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Stevo 22 wrote:

Hey Steve you still online? I got to go to bed for early classes in a while, but I'm up for a match or two.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Kyougu wrote:
    Stevo 22 wrote:

Hey Steve you still online? I got to go to bed for early classes in a while, but I'm up for a match or two.

What crappy timing. I went out just as you posted this.

I know school schedules can be rough (I made mine M/T/W only this year) but if you have any time tomorrow (technically today) I would LOVE to play. A real-life friend and fellow PAer is coming over tomorrow, and though I doubt he would ever invest in a wrestling game, I want to show him how much fun this can be. If you have a mic, I have the time. :). I want to get as much CM Punk in online as I can before PAW starts up.

Stevo 22 on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Stevo 22 wrote:
    Kyougu wrote:
    Stevo 22 wrote:

What crappy timing. I went out just as you posted this.

I know school schedules can be rough (I made mine M/T/W only this year) but if you have any time tomorrow (technically today) I would LOVE to play. A real-life friend and fellow PAer is coming over tomorrow, and though I doubt he would ever invest in a wrestling game, I want to show him how much fun this can be. If you have a mic, I have the time. :). I want to get as much CM Punk in online as I can before PAW starts up.

Today is my last day before I take finals next week, so I pretty much have all night free. I'll go ahead and add you.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hey rented the game to check it out, created my guy, fought a few matches. Shut down and when I loaded it up again it said my save game was damaged and could no longer be used. Anyone run into this before?

Aretè on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Aretè wrote:
    Hey rented the game to check it out, created my guy, fought a few matches. Shut down and when I loaded it up again it said my save game was damaged and could no longer be used. Anyone run into this before?

Hasn't happened to me, but my 360 froze the other day during a custom title match and I the belt is gone forever as a result. :?

edit: And I guess title matches work better than I thought they did.

Stevo 22 on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Kyougu wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    It woudl seem they forgot the preview function of the voices that they had in '06.

No, it's there. Just press x before choosing a voice.

It's there, alright. It's just wrong.

...is "silence" an option? I still have nightmares of Attitude's CAW where I HAD to give my silent badass either a geeky voice that was totally inappropriate to the character, or pick an existing wrestler's voice. :P

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I like the part where you lose if you get knocked down, as the CPU strings together an infinite amount of submissions. :|

Jesus McChrist on
    if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Kyougu wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    It woudl seem they forgot the preview function of the voices that they had in '06.

No, it's there. Just press x before choosing a voice.

It's there, alright. It's just wrong.

...is "silence" an option? I still have nightmares of Attitude's CAW where I HAD to give my silent badass either a geeky voice that was totally inappropriate to the character, or pick an existing wrestler's voice. :P
    Every CAW I made had Al Snow's voice. Imagine a 4-man tornado tag match where everyone laughs and yells inane shit when they get hit. I certainly can.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So, I guess this game has sort of died down, but I'm playing. Gamertag GoodOmens314 (needless to say some twit online yesterday was taunting me for mistyping 316....apparently he'd never heard of pi).

It would be nice to play online against people who aren't dicks.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hate drag up a dead thread, but this is pissing me off. I just unlocked the last title belt but I didn't get the "Championship Gold" achievement. What gives? :(

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Hate drag up a dead thread, but this is pissing me off. I just unlocked the last title belt but I didn't get the "Championship Gold" achievement. What gives? :(

Go to the "WWE Shop" on the PC, for some reason it won't unlock until you do that.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    GoodOmens wrote:

Go to the "WWE Shop" on the PC, for some reason it won't unlock until you do that.
    <3 thanks!

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    GoodOmens wrote:
    <3 thanks!

I can't take credit. I was wondering the same thing, and only found out by going to....God help me....Gamefaqs.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    _X__X_ Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yes, lets put MNM in the game but not put London and Kendrick. These games are just getting worse and worse as they go along.

_X_ on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    _X_ wrote:
    Yes, lets put MNM in the game but not put London and Kendrick. These games are just getting worse and worse as they go along.

The roster was finalized before London and Kendrick were even a tag team.

Accualt on
  • Options
    _X__X_ Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    They were still on the roster however. I don't even care much for Kendrick but London is the only reason why I still like WWE at all. I used to be a huge fan of wrestling and the WWE/F games but for a while now I could care less what the company is doing now. London is one of few high points which would make this game more appealing.

_X_ on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    _X_ wrote:

Well, at least MNM are/were a hot team. I'm boggled by the inclusion of Cade, Murdoch, Kid Kash, etc.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    So much of these complains would be fixed if THQ actually bothered with downloadable rosters.

I have a feeling they never will though, simply because it would take away one key reason to buy the following year's edition.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    so i think a good 3 out of everyone in this thread was actually interested in a federation.

if you're still interested, have the game, or any of that good stuff... please PM me.

or if you just want to play right now... i'm down.

Stevo 22 on