As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD THREAD.

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    So does DARTH VADER realize the main character IS USING HIM then SIDE WITH THE GOOD GUYS?

I sure hope so.

You know it in your heart to be true.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    WildSpoon wrote: »
    Anyway, this game has me harder than the first time a boob excited me.
    My breasts are squirting the milk of joy for this cartoon. I have an uncomfortable boner for this animation. I wanna feel under this cartoon's bra.

Henroid on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    WildSpoon wrote: »
    for a first ever OP by you, you fuckin nailed it man.

LewieP on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well all the screen shots have him killing stormtroopers so I'm going to guess that fighting rebels and killing jedi masters is a pretty small part of the game.

:(

In Game Informer they said the first level is Vader ordering him to kill all the storm troopers in a base because they knew too much about the project going on there.

Magic Pink on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Well all the screen shots have him killing stormtroopers so I'm going to guess that fighting rebels and killing jedi masters is a pretty small part of the game.

In Game Informer they said the first level is Vader ordering him to kill all the storm troopers in a base because they knew too much about the project going on there.

Yeah, I don't think we should be surprised that the Empire is willing to silence its own personnel by any means possible. :P

Henroid on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    [reads OP]

no matter how amazing this game is, I will be SO FUCKING PISSED if Shaak Ti is a boss and I have to kill her.

She was so awesome in the clone wars cartoon - became my favorite Jedi that isn't Obi-Wan.

SaraLuna on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Yeah, I don't think we should be surprised that the Empire is willing to silence its own personnel by any means possible. :P

True, but I've seen too many games where you're told you get to play as the bad guy, only to go and kill slightly-less-bad guys. If I'm a force for evil, let me go be evil and stomp on the good people for once.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited January 2008
    [reads OP]

no matter how amazing this game is, I will be SO FUCKING PISSED if Shaak Ti is a boss and I have to kill her.

She was so awesome in the clone wars cartoon - became my favorite Jedi that isn't Obi-Wan.

I can agree to this. It's good enough that she's still alive and training people that will possibly aid in the Galactic Civil War.

Henroid on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    Unless this game ships with a bottle of Colt 45 I would like to suggest that QED it is not sexier than Lando Calrissian.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I just watched the third video, and I'm actually pretty disappointed. The implementation of the Euphoria engine seems a bit too...aggressive. It seems that every stormtrooper possesses superhuman reflexes and has hydraulic titanium claws instead of fingers. There's no way they should be able to grab crates that often, and hold on that long. Also, half the time they're holding on to the crate for dear life, and their feet are only 6 inches off the ground. That's just stupid. And when the stormtroppers grab on to each other, it seems to be nearly always hand-to-hand. Nobody's grabbing an elbow, shoulder, helmet, or mid-section. It's almost as if the hands got the "grab" attribute, and they didn't bother modelling full-arm grasping.

AnakinOU on
    edited January 2008
    apotheos wrote: »
    Unless this game ships with a bottle of Colt 45 I would like to suggest that QED it is not sexier than Lando Calrissian.

You have a point. Lando Calrissian is the sexiest thing to come to (or from?) space since...

... someone help me out here.

Henroid on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So does the main character realize DARTH VADER IS USING HIM then SIDE WITH THE GOOD GUYS?

I sure hope not.

Lucas likes his games to end with the good guys winning. We'll see how they go about this.

Yeah, but you'd think that if some super-powered force-wielding badass who can pull a fucking Imperial Star Destroyer out of atmo(and apparently keep it there to begin with, since Vics are the only classes that are atmo-capable of star destroyers), then Luke Skywalker being able to make an X-wing shake a little 'till Yoda shows him what's up would not really be as cool.

Khavall on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

Title updated due to the revelation on the truth, damn near nothing is sexier than Lando Calrissian.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It looks cool. If it ends up being good they better do a fucking PC version.

Although someone needs to tell the main character he's holding his lightsaber wrong, and I wish they would have made him look a little more interesting than brooding short brown haired guy #47.

Drool on
    edited January 2008
    Drool wrote: »
    It looks cool. If it ends up being good they better do a fucking PC version.

Although someone needs to tell the main character he's holding his lightsaber wrong, and I wish they would have made him look a little more interesting than brooding short brown haired guy #47.

Well, the modeled him after his actor... who looks like brooding short brown haired guy #47.

Fig-D on
    edited January 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    So does the main character realize DARTH VADER IS USING HIM then SIDE WITH THE GOOD GUYS?

I sure hope not.

Lucas likes his games to end with the good guys winning. We'll see how they go about this.

Yeah, but you'd think that if some super-powered force-wielding badass who can pull a fucking Imperial Star Destroyer out of atmo(and apparently keep it there to begin with, since Vics are the only classes that are atmo-capable of star destroyers), then Luke Skywalker being able to make an X-wing shake a little 'till Yoda shows him what's up would not really be as cool.

I honestly have some predictions about what will happen. I figure I'll spoiler them for the sake of ruining people's dreams / wishes on this game.
    The apprentice will probably turn away from the dark side by sacrificing himself, or he'll be killed by Vader for various reasons. Probably to cover his tracks since big daddy Palpatine wouldn't be happy.
    Fig-D wrote: »

Title updated due to the revelation on the truth, damn near nothing is sexier than Lando Calrissian.

Good choice on the title. :^:

Henroid on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    I just watched the third video, and I'm actually pretty disappointed. The implementation of the Euphoria engine seems a bit too...aggressive. It seems that every stormtrooper possesses superhuman reflexes and has hydraulic titanium claws instead of fingers. There's no way they should be able to grab crates that often, and hold on that long. Also, half the time they're holding on to the crate for dear life, and their feet are only 6 inches off the ground. That's just stupid. And when the stormtroppers grab on to each other, it seems to be nearly always hand-to-hand. Nobody's grabbing an elbow, shoulder, helmet, or mid-section. It's almost as if the hands got the "grab" attribute, and they didn't bother modelling full-arm grasping.

Yes, but thats a tech demo reel. I think we need to see to how it gets used in game first. I don't expect to see much grabbing each other for epic hugz because that just looked totally stupid.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
    edited January 2008
    I'm watching the first video, and I want to play that goddman wookie game. Fuck brown haired action game guy. I'd rather play a growling wookie than another guy with issues any day. Unless that guy with issues is Batman.

Drool on
    edited January 2008
    AnakinOU wrote: »

Yes, but thats a tech demo reel. I think we need to see to how it gets used in game first. I don't expect to see much grabbing each other for epic hugz because that just looked totally stupid.

The Empire has a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

Henroid on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

I sure hope not.

Yeah, I wish they'd just say "fuck it" and have the dude be unapologetically evil. None of this brain-wash bull shit. Which seems to be what they are getting at.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Sunday_AssassinSunday_Assassin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'd love it if he was essentially Deadpool with crazy force-powers.

Just the right amount of evil.

Sunday_Assassin on
  • arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    yup, day one.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
    edited January 2008
    I'd love it if he was essentially Deadpool with crazy force-powers.

Just the right amount of evil.

I'm sorry, that'd be too much awesome. Nothing could contain it. Nothing.

Fig-D on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2008
    Was 100% happy until I read that there's going to be a novel that will 'enhance the game. More backstory'.

He's an interesting idea: Tell the whole story in the damn game!

I am shocked that Lucas would endorse such a blatantly money-gouging maneuver!

I doubt it has the slightest thing to do with George Lucas. Oh, and the Mass Effect guys did this too. Fuck Bioware, right? Or not? Because it's not cool to hate them? Oh.

Tube on
  • Duchess ProzacDuchess Prozac Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

You have a point. Lando Calrissian is the sexiest thing to come to (or from?) space since...

... someone help me out here.

The three boobed chick from Total Recall

As for the game it's looking great. It's gone from being under my radar tobeing on the topof my to buy list.

Duchess Prozac on
    edited January 2008
    Was 100% happy until I read that there's going to be a novel that will 'enhance the game. More backstory'.

I doubt it has the slightest thing to do with George Lucas. Oh, and the Mass Effect guys did this too. Fuck Bioware, right? Or not? Because it's not cool to hate them? Oh.

I think Jade Empire showed us that sometimes it's more cool than it should be to hate Bioware.

Khavall on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Why are they releasing it on every damn system ever thought of...

...and not PC?

Bastards.
    Seriously. Between this and Mass Effect...

SithDrummer on
    edited January 2008
    I like how in the second video they basically said. "We got a list of clichés from George Lucas that we had to put in our game." The hand holding stormtroopers is also kinda gay.

Drool on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    So how's the Wii version being gimped? One of those 'Same name but entirely different Game' dealies or what?

That's exactly it. It's also the same as the PS2 version, but with waggle.

The only upcoming game I can think of where the Wii version and the 360/PS3/PC versions sound equally exciting is the Ghostbusters game, where they actually have an extremely scalable engine and an established Wii-developer working to build a game with the same story, but completely different styles, and controls. Also, I believe the Wii one is the only version with co-op.
    Haven't read the rest of the thread, but this isn't completely true: the Wii has an extra lightsaber battle mode that no other version of the game has. (IIRC source is Nintendo Power) There is a chance that it won't suck.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited January 2008
    I think the Euphoria stuff is really cool, but stormtroopers holding hands is funny "OH JESUS WE'RE GOING TO DIE" "I know... I... I love you man. I always wanted to say, I, I've always loved you" "I know ...I always knew" *SET CUDDLE PHYSICS TO 1"

Tube on
    edited January 2008
    I think the Euphoria stuff is really cool, but stormtroopers holding hands is funny "OH JESUS WE'RE GOING TO DIE" "I know... I... I love you man. I always wanted to say, I, I've always loved you" "I know ...I always knew"

"TK421, why aren't you at your post?"

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • subl1mesubl1me Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    subl1me wrote: »
    Something about a Sith APPRENTICE bringing down a Star Destroyer with the force just doesn`t sit well with me.

Don`t get me wrong, I`m still up for going completely fucking batshit loco with the force on anyone who gets in my way. Especially if it means I get to be properly evil for once.

The whole idea is that they are taking their inspiration from the Clone Troopers cartoon, which is over the top and then some. Then they toss it even further over the top with a catapult for good measure. I love it.

Oh, I'm not saying I don't love it. It's just that a small part of me is still going "It's a god damned Star Destroyer".

subl1me on
    subliminate.php
  • arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    I just don't care.

Where is my lightsaber combat game?

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
    edited January 2008
    Something about a Sith APPRENTICE bringing down a Star Destroyer with the force just doesn`t sit well with me.

Don`t get me wrong, I`m still up for going completely fucking batshit loco with the force on anyone who gets in my way. Especially if it means I get to be properly evil for once.

The whole idea is that they are taking their inspiration from the Clone Troopers cartoon, which is over the top and then some. Then they toss it even further over the top with a catapult for good measure. I love it.

Oh, I'm not saying I don't love it. It's just that a small part of me is still going "It's a god damned Star Destroyer".

It's a god damned Imperial Star Destroyer Mark II. Apparently refit somehow to handle Atmospheric flight.

Not even just like a Vic or something just slightly absurd.

No, it's a big damn ship.

Khavall on
  • Sunday_AssassinSunday_Assassin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Obvious joke not obvious enough for you there, buddy?

Yeah, Bioware did the same thing with Mass Effect. It bothered me then, too. It's just so unnecessary.

And who said fuck anybody? I'm just a little less jazzed than I was.

You people gotta learn to relax once in a while.

STAR WARS!!!!

Sunday_Assassin on
    edited January 2008
    I believe the chap you play as is voiced by Crashdown from BSG, too. For anyone that's interested.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited January 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    I believe the chap you play as is voiced by Crashdown from BSG, too. For anyone that's interested.

Now they just need Bear McCreary to work with an unretired John Williams on the score!

Khavall on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I knew I recognized him in those videos

SaraLuna on
    edited January 2008
    If you're able to tell the specific make of a star destroyer and evaluate its capabilities for atomospheric flight at a glance it could be time to reevaluate your life.

Tube on
    edited January 2008
    darleysam wrote: »

Now they just need Bear McCreary to work with an unretired John Williams on the score!

And Adam Baldwin. He's been in everything lately, and who wouldn't want Jayne in their Star Wars?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png