As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] WWI - Pointy Hat Guys Win!

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    !El Skid for admitting he is in fact hellspawn.

Also, I was targeted three times tonight. Two showed up with their name, but another was some sort of detonation going off.

If the people who attacked me don't want their names revealed they should contact me and offer some information. I don't expect to live through the night, I only have ~200 men left.

Aldo on
  • telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well maybe you shouldnt have been standing next to me Aldo

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    !vote El Skid for being a damned German!

God knows what me and my comrades are doing out here anyway, I should be at home bitching about the bread prices.

Obbi on
  • NionNion Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Do we really want to vote for an outed German? I was standing next to Thorgot, and it seems he ran to the Central trenches with no ill effects. We should probably use the vote on suspected traitors, and use our guns to deal with confirmed enemies.

Nion on
    edited January 2008
    I have no idea what you just said.

Narration said that thorgot took damage.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2008
    telcus wrote: »
    I have no idea what you just said.

Narration said that thorgot took damage.

Perhaps he took damage because there were 8 others close enough to shoot at him, and he was a suspected traitor?

Nion on
    edited January 2008
    Well maybe you shouldnt have been standing next to me Aldo
    So you just decided to shoot at me for fucking fun and giggles? Are you retarded or evil?

I don't recognize your avatar so I'm going assume you're new to phallas, let me explain the basics: We win when we kill all bad guys. We can't win if we drive bullets through each other's bodies. You're either a backstabbing moron who doesn't understand the first thing about these games or you're a bad guy.

Aldo on
    edited January 2008
    Ow, I got burned.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    War is serious.

Nonetheless, we really aren't goin' to get anywhere if we continue to just shoot at each other. However, with no accurate analyzin' abilities, it'd be compromisin' to try and start up a large-scale network to choreograph movement and attacks for, really, either side I'm assumin'.

So invadin' the other side's command central is a way to victory, is it not?

Obbi on
    edited January 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    War is serious.

Nonetheless, we really aren't goin' to get anywhere if we continue to just shoot at each other. However, with no accurate analyzin' abilities, it'd be compromisin' to try and start up a large-scale network to choreograph movement and attacks for, really, either side I'm assumin'.

It will stop the artillery, but it won't grant us victory.

Aldo on
    edited January 2008
    Wait, the vote happens first, doesn't it?

Nion on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Die El Skid. Dieeee.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    edited January 2008
    Voting closes at 11PM EST, and vote deaths occur before all other actions.
    is all the info about the order I could find.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2008
    Also aldo I'm ready to apologise, just gimme your map coordinates and i'll come by and grovel personally.

I promise I won't bayonet you or anything.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2008
    Voting closes at 11PM EST, and vote deaths occur before all other actions.
    is all the info about the order I could find.

If vote deaths happen first, but the vote move happens with the other moves, my theory still holds. If the vote kills and moves before everything else, I have no idea what happened.

Nion on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Clarification: Does the vote still fully effect members of the Central Forces?
    Even if it doesn't, it's better for us to 'waste' it on a confirmed/highly likely Central Forces target then shoot blindly with it.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    edited January 2008
    I say we use it on Aldo because he said mean things to me.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well, since El Skid already came out with it, there's no need for me to rehash the obvious:

Some of you may have traitors within your midst. El Skid was a member of my battalion (The British Expeditionary Force) and hightailed it out of our square today. I'm also equipped with Sniper Rifles, which give me a 2 square field of vision, and I don't see him this morning, which means he somehow moved more than 2 squares.

If anyone sees him, you know what to do.

What we need are more suspects now so that those within range can deal with the traitors appropriately.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    El Skid was a member of my battalion (The British Expeditionary Force) and hightailed it out of our square today. I'm also equipped with Sniper Rifles, which give me a 2 square field of vision, and I don't see him this morning, which means he somehow moved more than 2 squares.

You see, we equip our men with jet packs.

Burnage on
    edited January 2008
    He probably sprinted, thats 4 squares worth of movement.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well I moved out of the square of my men today. I was attacked but it wasn't noted in the narration.

M.D. on
    edited January 2008
    PsychoLarry did say there was potentially errors with the narration though.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Dear Artillery,

Ow.

Love, Oatway.

Oats on
    edited January 2008
    PsychoLarry did say there was potentially errors with the narration though.

Oh ok, also I was hit with artillery as well Oatway.

M.D. on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    War is serious.

I disagree. I'm having tons of fun. :P

Oh, I think it's very worth it for the bad guys to choreograph their movements. Good guys don't need to bother. Did I mention that bad guys should continue PMing me?

Sort of. If you can get to the german command centre and take it out, we can't use artillery anymore. We have to take out one of your commanders as part of our victory condition.

So really, they're important, but not truly essential to an Entente victory.

El Skid on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Almost forgot- !Meister

El Skid on
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    !El Skid

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Squashua wrote: »
    !counter-vote Romantic Undead b/c I can't vote Ardor for not inviting me to his hoity-toity exclusive Phalla that I didn't want to play in anyway. Whatever.
    I feel the same way Squashua! What a cunt, right?
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Ardor, you...you didn't ask me to be in your game either.

Cuttin me deep, Ardor.
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Ardor, you...you didn't ask me to be in your game either.

Cuttin me deep, Ardor.
    Oh thank god. I thought it was just me.
    Turns out he hates everyone

I grabbed a few people I was talking with when I had the idea to run this and asked those in the newbie phalla to come help me test the mechanics to get some fresh eyes on them. I figured most of you would hate it, so maybe I'd have to find some other people who might like it!

Ardor on
    edited January 2008
    All right, so, first things first:

ALLIED FORCES, YOU MUST NOT FIRE UPON ONE ANOTHER UNTIL YOU HAVE A REASONABLE REASON TO BELIEVE THE PERSON BEING FIRED UPON IS A DIRTY CENTRAL TRAITOR

We must minimize our inter-alliance casualties for two reasons:

1) Most obviously: We must not reduce our own number but MORE importantly
    2) The less Squadrons get hit, the easier it will be to deduce who the Centrists are if we have a smaller list of casualties to sift through

So, to re-iterate: This isn't a free for all. This isn't Phalla Royale. Your neighbor may be your ally until he shows otherwise.

Furthermore: Don't forget that there are traitors among us. Your Battalion mates may not necessarily be trustworthy.

These are chaotic times,
    Godspeed, soldiers.

Romantic Undead on
    edited January 2008
    I agree with the Undead guy. We should refrain from beating each other senseless.

Would anyone object to my small unit venturing out for more equipment?

M.D. on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I wish to bring the central power bastard, QUOTH, to the stands.

He is quite over powered, seeing as he almost inflicted HALF DAMAGE to my army last night, as I was simply marching by him. He attacked me for no reason, beyond trying to kill me.

HE IS A TRAITOR.

!vote Quoth

precisionk on
    edited January 2008
    Oh precisionk, you're so silly.

Burnage on
    edited January 2008
    Precision, weren't you trying to rally the central powers yesterday?

If you're innocent, which one of the casualties represent your squadron? Help us narrow things down!

Romantic Undead on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Precision, weren't you trying to rally the central powers yesterday?

If you're innocent, which one of the casualties represent your squadron? Help us narrow things down!

I would be a Brit, pip pip.

precisionk on
    edited January 2008
    Ok we need to start sorting through this casualty list.

I think those who took damage today need to explain what their alliances are and who attacked them (assuming they know).

Needless to say, I expect the Centrists in their midst to lie, but if we have enough info, we can begin to speculate and try and separate the chaff and the wheat.

I already have a few suspicions which I am debating with a few others, but we need to hear some opinions to make a list of "most wanted" suspects.

Members on this list will be open season and any allies within range of these suspects are cleared to fire at will.

Romantic Undead on
    edited January 2008
    jdarksun wrote: »
    DIRTY CENTRAL TRAITOR
    I'd like to point out at this time that this is not a war of "traitors" or "good vs. evil". World War I had many, many reasons for its inception - and none of them boil down to "dirty central traitor."

You oppressive dog.

By traitor, I mean someone who has infiltrated an Allied unit, under pretense of being a Allied soldier so that they can betray them at an opportune time. El Skid pretended to be a British Commander when he was not, thus, by definition, he is a traitor.

Any more wise words, you dirty Kraut?

Romantic Undead on
    edited January 2008
    By traitor, I mean someone who has infiltrated an Allied unit, under pretense of being a Allied soldier so that they can betray them at an opportune time. El Skid pretended to be a British Commander when he was not, thus, by definition, he is a traitor.
    Actually, if he was never loyal to Entendre forces, he wouldn't be a traitor, would he? You can't betray something you were never loyal to in the first place.

But I don't know El Skid's story, so then again, maybe he is.
    Several, in fact.

1) Kraut wasn't used as derogatory slang for a German until WWII. "Jerry" is slightly more correct from a chronological standpoint, but it didn't gain widespread use until after WWI. "Boche" would be appropriate if you're French. "Fritz" is also acceptable.

2) I'm not German. I mean, the Red Baron was, but my armies aren't German.

Are you on the side of the central powers?

M.D. on
    edited January 2008
    Actually, if he was never loyal to Entendre forces, he wouldn't be a traitor, would he? You can't betray something you were never loyal to in the first place.

But I don't know El Skid's story, so then again, maybe he is.
    Several, in fact.

1) Kraut wasn't used as derogatory slang for a German until WWII. "Jerry" is slightly more correct from a chronological standpoint, but it didn't gain widespread use until after WWI. "Boche" would be appropriate if you're French. "Fritz" is also acceptable.

2) I'm not German. I mean, the Red Baron was, but my armies aren't German.

Then quit debating semantics defending the Central powers and help us finger some!
    And just because El Skid wasn't actually loyal to the Crown, he still led us to believe he was, thus betraying OUR trust, regardless of his true loyalties. A traitor is called so from the perspective of the betrayed, not the betrayers.

Romantic Undead on
    edited January 2008
    Jdarksun, what co-ordinates are you on?

This question is completely unrelated to me aiming our artillery.

Burnage on
    edited January 2008
    We don't have artillery, wait a minute...

M.D. on