Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Japanese DS and Wii Games

oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Games and Technology
Hey guys, I'm going to Japan next week for a little vacation and this presents me with the perfect opportunity to pick up some games without the nasty importing costs. I have a DS and a Japanese Wii, so what should I be looking to pick up?

Ouendan 2 is the only game I can think of at the moment, but are their any other DS games that are language friendly and are must haves? I just purchased my Wii, so I am not really sure what to look for in that regard, so any ideas would be great.

oldmanken on

Posts

  • UberEvUberEv Registered User
    edited February 2008
    There was this thing I bought the other day in Yamada Denki, something like Smash Brawl, or Brothers Three Smash, or X Brawl... Geez I can't remember the name of it but I am really enjoying playing it.

    Edit: Just remembered, It was No More Heroes. I am fucking loving that game (and Brawl).

    Edit x2: Also try to find yourself a Mandrake while your here. Its a shop that deals in Video Games/Manga/DVD's/Extensive Adult Materials (In the middle of the store next to the children's toys none the less). That's the place to grab Saturns/Dreamcasts/Super Famicoms and games for nothing. I got Mother 2 and Final Fantasy VI for the Famicom there for 400 yen each.

    Edit x3 Combo: Also grab FFIV for the DS while you are here. I bought it for the wife and she is absolutely loving it.

  • Fig-DFig-D Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    UberEv wrote: »
    I got Mother 2 and Final Fantasy VI for the Famicom there for 400 yen each.

    And I'm still jealous.

    WeskerSig.jpg
    SteamID - Fig-D :: Xbox Live - Fig D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • UberEvUberEv Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    UberEv wrote: »
    I got Mother 2 and Final Fantasy VI for the Super Famicom there for 400 yen each.

    And I'm still jealous.

    Did I mention they were Brand New in Box? (Also found FFV BNIB and Ogre Battle/Tactics 64 BNIB)

    Okay I'm finished, that was just my one big find of my lifetime so I like to verbally cherish it.

  • Fig-DFig-D Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    UberEv wrote: »
    Fig-D wrote: »
    UberEv wrote: »
    I got Mother 2 and Final Fantasy VI for the Super Famicom there for 400 yen each.

    And I'm still jealous.

    Did I mention they were Brand New in Box? (Also found FFV BNIB and Ogre Battle/Tactics 64 BNIB)

    Okay I'm finished, that was just my one big find of my lifetime so I like to verbally cherish it.

    Yes, you did...

    And I still say congratulations...

    And I'm still jealous.

    WeskerSig.jpg
    SteamID - Fig-D :: Xbox Live - Fig D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Jump Ultimate Stars is worth grabbing, its basically Smash Brothers on the DS. Tons of unlockable characters and stages, plus online as well. All moonspeak though, so you'll need a guide.

    Ouendan 2, definately worth it.

    I'd just wait for the translated version of Brawl though, rather than pick it up while you're over there. It has a option to view everything in English, but you'll miss out on Snake's codec calls if you do.

  • toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Kelor wrote: »
    Jump Ultimate Stars is worth grabbing, its basically Smash Brothers on the DS. Tons of unlockable characters and stages, plus online as well. All moonspeak though, so you'll need a guide.

    Ouendan 2, definately worth it.

    I'd just wait for the translated version of Brawl though, rather than pick it up while you're over there. It has a option to view everything in English, but you'll miss out on Snake's codec calls if you do.
    Well he has a Japanese Wii (and appears to be from South Korea) and with the Wii region-locked a US copy of SSB:B won't do him any good.

    I recommend Super Mario Galaxy and second/triple the nominations of SSB:B, No More Heroes and Ouendan 2.

    OTP.jpg
  • UberEvUberEv Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Kelor wrote: »
    Jump Ultimate Stars is worth grabbing, its basically Smash Brothers on the DS. Tons of unlockable characters and stages, plus online as well. All moonspeak though, so you'll need a guide.

    Ouendan 2, definately worth it.

    I'd just wait for the translated version of Brawl though, rather than pick it up while you're over there. It has a option to view everything in English, but you'll miss out on Snake's codec calls if you do.

    Hold on there soldier, is there is an English option in it? Do you have any info because as much as I love the Japanese menus, I would enjoy my native language a bit more. I haven't found any English option anywhere.

Sign In or Register to comment.