As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Conservative Political Action Committee

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    The biggest problem with unchecked illegal immigration is that a title wave of people leaving Mexico doesn't help Mexico improve itself.

This.

I only support the road to citizenship option as much as I do because the above takes time.

Sure it does but without taking a stance against illegal immigration that time will take forever. Right now almost anyone that wants to can get in here. That has to stop or there's no motive for Mexico's citizens to work towards solving their own problems. The grass will always look greener on the other pasture if the door is left wide open.

My problem with all this is I don't know how to help Mexico without violating the country's sovereignty by toppling their incredibly corrupt government. I suppose we could threaten to cut off their foreign aid but our country is run by pussies and that will never happen.

For the record, border security is a good thing. Doesn't mean we shouldn't give a path to citizenship to those already here and overhaul our immigration procedures drastically.

I think the first step to helping out Mexico is to eliminate agriculture subsidies here, but I echo your sentiments about the testicular fortitude of our elected officials.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    What we need to do is build some long tunnels at the border that shunt the illegals up to Canada. Let those guys deal with them.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Mexipaults

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    The biggest problem with unchecked illegal immigration is that a title wave of people leaving Mexico doesn't help Mexico improve itself.

hahaha

"title wave"

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

This.

I only support the road to citizenship option as much as I do because the above takes time.

Sure it does but without taking a stance against illegal immigration that time will take forever. Right now almost anyone that wants to can get in here. That has to stop or there's no motive for Mexico's citizens to work towards solving their own problems. The grass will always look greener on the other pasture if the door is left wide open.

My problem with all this is I don't know how to help Mexico without violating the country's sovereignty by toppling their incredibly corrupt government. I suppose we could threaten to cut off their foreign aid but our country is run by pussies and that will never happen.

But what do we do until they have their shit together? Allow this fucked up situation to continue? If we grant all of the illegal immigrants citizenship, what does that say to the people who went through the entire proccess or are still waiting?

And showing up here in the United States doesnt stop you from being poor. Id argue that sneaking in without any foundation here is an invitation to poverty. The vast majority of illegal immigrants that are in this country are unskilled laborers... theres not alot of money in unskilled work, espeically when you get paid dogshit under the table by unscrupulous employers. Everyone loses in this situation except companies that employee these people and dont have to pay for benefits and can pay them a shitload less than they would an American citizen.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    The Geek wrote: »

hahaha

"title wave"

I swear to god, the next time I see one of those Mexican barons or dukes or...or marquises, I don't know what I'll do.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

This.

For the record, border security is a good thing. Doesn't mean we shouldn't give a path to citizenship to those already here and overhaul our immigration procedures drastically.

I think the first step to helping out Mexico is to eliminate agriculture subsidies here, but I echo your sentiments about the testicular fortitude of our elected officials.

I don't know man. I have trouble believing that our government would actually give amnesty to those here and then turn around tell the next batch of illegals they don't get that break. Especially not if those in batch A all turn into voters and start screaming "Let my family come in now!"

There needs to be some way to sift through our current batch of illegals. Not all of them are poor unfortunate souls just trying to get a break in the land of opportunity. Some of them aren't even wanted in their own country.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited February 2008

hahaha

"title wave"

Damn.
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    What we need to do is build some long tunnels at the border that shunt the illegals up to Canada. Let those guys deal with them.

I was thinking that or a big bridge.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Make it a big underground waterslide. It'll be fun!

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    MY UNCLE IS A ILLEGAL AND HE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO LEAVE THAT'S RACIST THAT'S WHY I'M NOT GOING TO SCHOOL TODAY

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Nah, make it one of those air-tube thingies that you put the canister in at the drive-thru at the bank.

*SSHHHHOOMP*

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Futurama-style.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008

This.

But what do we do until they have their shit together? Allow this fucked up situation to continue? If we grant all of the illegal immigrants citizenship, what does that say to the people who went through the entire proccess or are still waiting?

And showing up here in the United States doesnt stop you from being poor. Id argue that sneaking in without any foundation here is an invitation to poverty. The vast majority of illegal immigrants that are in this country are unskilled laborers... theres not alot of money in unskilled work, espeically when you get paid dogshit under the table by unscrupulous employers. Everyone loses in this situation except companies that employee these people and dont have to pay for benefits and can pay them a shitload less than they would an American citizen.

I don't think that getting all these folks on a more streamlined path to citizenship (even those "standing in line" right now) would take much more time than trying to deport everyone.

And apparently, even though they are being paid dogshit at the moment, they prefer this to their situation back in Mexico.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Pneumatic

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Mexipaults

Yes this.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Pneumexico tubes

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    They step on the hidden panel and the mexipault flings them into the pneumexic tube, which sweeps them off to Canada

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Mexicanons

Butters on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

This.

I don't know man. I have trouble believing that our government would actually give amnesty to those here and then turn around tell the next batch of illegals they don't get that break. Especially not if those in batch A all turn into voters and start screaming "Let my family come in now!"

There needs to be some way to sift through our current batch of illegals. Not all of them are poor unfortunate souls just trying to get a break in the land of opportunity. Some of them aren't even wanted in their own country.

the way to sift through is the path to citizenship. S'why it's a path and not a 'loluliekbecitizennowkaythxbye' parade. And if the streamlining of the immigration happens at the same time as amnesty, the flood of those trying to get in illegally will be greatly reduced.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Amnesty isn't sifting. Amnesty means "Well you're already here so I guess you can get comfortable." Improving border security keeps the nasties from coming in. We need a way of getting the nasties out. Making it part of a voluntary "path to citizenship" (which is what our government has been proposing) won't achieve that. The illegals that know they won't pass the criteria will just stay illegal.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Amnesty isn't sifting. Amnesty means "Well you're already here so I guess you can get comfortable." Improving border security keeps the nasties from coming in. We need a way of getting the nasties out. Making it part of a voluntary "path to citizenship" (which is what our government has been proposing) won't achieve that. The illegals that know they won't pass the criteria will just stay illegal.

And it will be a much more manageable affair to find and deport those who don't comply, because most of this largely law-abiding group (not counting the illegal immigration) will probably jump at the chance to citizenship.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    They step on the hidden panel and the mexipault flings them into the pneumexic tube, which sweeps them off to Canada

We need more steps. Make it a giant transcontinental Rube Goldberg device.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    That'll be the most complicated breakfast ever.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    That'll be the most complicated breakfast ever.

I love that music so much.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited February 2008

We need more steps. Make it a giant transcontinental Rube Goldberg device.

All wind up robots pushing bowling balls into watermelons, setting them into place so Gallagher smashes them to pieces, and the juice is used to lubricate the water slide leading to the horse-on-a-treadmill powered conveyor belt.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    All to catch a tiny, plastic mouse and win the game.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008

And it will be a much more manageable affair to find and deport those who don't comply, because most of this largely law-abiding group (not counting the illegal immigration) will probably jump at the chance to citizenship.

I don't think the reason we don't round up illegals deport more of them isn't because it's an unmanageable task. We or rather those we have elected choose to keep these people here.

Butters on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

See that's the trick to this whole thing; once we have a decent immigration policy, and secure borders, we can start deporting like crazy, and we can immediately start to shut off these state services like welfare and medical care to non-citizens, and stop bleeding money in the border states.

The federal government has given the proverbial finger to the southwestern states for far too long. No real plan to ever fix it is in place and it just keeps getting worse, while nothing is done.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    OH I have a better idea
    We'll install hidden treadmills across all the borders, all hooked up to generators

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

all of this and more, set to powerhouse, blasted everywhere within 1mile of a border over 120db loudspeakers

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    OH I have a better idea
    We'll install hidden treadmills across all the borders, all hooked up to generators

We let them in once they generate a certain amount of power.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited February 2008

I don't think the reason we don't round up illegals deport more of them isn't because it's an unmanageable task. We or rather those we have elected choose to keep these people here.

Not that the act itself would be unmanageable, but that the volume of people we would deport would hide the undesirables or criminals even as they were deported, and would do almost nothing to solve the problem of immigration (unless you think an expensive fence will stop people).

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    ZeroFill wrote: »

all of this and more, set to powerhouse, blasted everywhere within 1mile of a border over 120db loudspeakers

I still prefer the Pee Wee Breakfast Machine music.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Not that the act itself would be unmanageable, but that the volume of people we would deport would hide the undesirables or criminals even as they were deported, and would do almost nothing to solve the problem of immigration (unless you think an expensive fence will stop people).

We are entirely capable of fencing off illegal immigrants. Again, it isn't done because our government chooses not to do it.

Butters on
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    it will if we man it

i'd take a job at $25 / hour shooting at anything moving to the south of me

the wook on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    you guys dont even know

border patrol down in san diego mercs people off all the time. If there's been a crime in the area, if it looks like someone has a weapon, sometimes when we're in a "heightened security" situation

sitting on hills with rifles shooting at shadows

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Or, OR, we streamline the fuck out of our immigration policy (saving money, BTW) and don't throw actual human beings unceremoniously back into a shit hole, and just generally reduce poverty all around.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    have to get people documented and paying taxes

everyone wins

also I say anyone who is in one of our jails for any of the (what is it, like "class 1" or something) minor felonies gets deported like tomorrow. I dont care where they're from, we can drop them off in say colombia

because if you come here to commit crime then fuck you

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Mexicanons
    Mexican't

oh damn wait

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    have to get people documented and paying taxes

everyone wins

also I say anyone who is in one of our jails for any of the (what is it, like "class 1" or something) minor felonies gets deported like tomorrow. I dont care where they're from, we can drop them off in say colombia

because if you come here to commit crime then fuck you

AGREEMENT

Fire Truck on