As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Justice Society Returns...Again!

• Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Well, I finished issue one and I must say...

Im pleasantly pleased.

:^: :^: :^: :^:

Issue one also has my pick for the 2006 "What the fuck just happend?" ending.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

6810_180x270-1.jpg

Yowza. You can practically see her kidneys.

God i love redheads.

But yeah, one of my most anticipated titles of 06

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    wwtMask wrote:
    Power Girl is the Supergirl of Earth 2.

The thing with her rack is because she underwent puberty in 5000 times the earth's gravity.

The apocrypha is that is was an in-joke between the artists to keep drawing her breasts bigger and bigger, and it eventually got out of hand. I don't know how true that is, but it certainly seems plausible.

Wow...uh, that 5000x gravity thing...that should've made the rest of her bigger too. :roll:

However, hooray for that in-joke. I'm far more interested in reading about Power Girl as a result. :winky:

I dunno if you've noticed, but she's been getting drawn pretty jacked lately by artists.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Kuma wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

6810_180x270-1.jpg

God i love redheads.

sup

also, I picked this up today :O

I didn't read it yet, though

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    wwtMask wrote:

The thing with her rack is because she underwent puberty in 5000 times the earth's gravity.

The apocrypha is that is was an in-joke between the artists to keep drawing her breasts bigger and bigger, and it eventually got out of hand. I don't know how true that is, but it certainly seems plausible.

Wow...uh, that 5000x gravity thing...that should've made the rest of her bigger too. :roll:

However, hooray for that in-joke. I'm far more interested in reading about Power Girl as a result. :winky:

I dunno if you've noticed, but she's been getting drawn pretty jacked lately by artists.

oh man, that panel she was in in Birds of Prey #100

she looked so manly

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Kuma wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

6810_180x270-1.jpg

God i love redheads.

sup

also, I picked this up today :O

I didn't read it yet, though

Read it..you'll love it. I just wish I could scan the preview page of whats to come in the next year.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    MonkeydryeMonkeydrye Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    What can Ma Hunkles kid do?

And who is the dude with Star-girl (or is she no longer star girl...did she lose the cosmic rod?)

And yes, Damage's costume is dumb. He looks like Atom Smasher.

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    wwtMask wrote:

"In her first appearance in ALL-STAR COMICS, inker Wally Wood told someone concerning Power Girl "I'm going to make her breasts larger each issue and see if anyone notices." When he finally left the book, PG had a serious rack on her (no offense meant to female readers). In her post-Crisis appearances, she seemed to have regained more normal comic book woman proportions for a while, but then again there seemed to be a progressive enlargement of her chest over the years. The first time I seriously noticed it myself was in Alex Ross's paintings in KINGDOM COME and in JSA they not only have continued drawing her this way but characters now mention it so it's basically an official part of her character that PG has large breasts, as some women do."

http://www.monitorduty.com/mdarchives/2005/08/power_girl_revi.shtml

180px-Powergirlsb4.jpg

pgstar.jpg

powergirl_bair1.jpg

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ringo wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:

"In her first appearance in ALL-STAR COMICS, inker Wally Wood told someone concerning Power Girl "I'm going to make her breasts larger each issue and see if anyone notices." When he finally left the book, PG had a serious rack on her (no offense meant to female readers). In her post-Crisis appearances, she seemed to have regained more normal comic book woman proportions for a while, but then again there seemed to be a progressive enlargement of her chest over the years. The first time I seriously noticed it myself was in Alex Ross's paintings in KINGDOM COME and in JSA they not only have continued drawing her this way but characters now mention it so it's basically an official part of her character that PG has large breasts, as some women do."

http://www.monitorduty.com/mdarchives/2005/08/power_girl_revi.shtml

180px-Powergirlsb4.jpg

pgstar.jpg

powergirl_bair1.jpg

Ah, cheesecake, how I love thee. Leotards are definitely the way to go for super-heroines (I'm looking at you, Ms. Marvel). :winky:

Anyway, I've derailed this thread enough. I think I'll go see if I can find some JSA trades or something. I'll probably pick up this issue as well, since it's probably as good a place to jump on as any.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    oh wow

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Monkeydrye wrote:
    What can Ma Hunkles kid do?

And who is the dude with Star-girl (or is she no longer star girl...did she lose the cosmic rod?)

He looks like Atom Smasher.

Well, from the context, Maxine can create and control cyclones, tornados..the whole bit.

Stargirl is still Stargirl.

Thats the idea.
    Keith wrote:
    oh wow

You liked #1 didn't you? Didn't you? Thats awesome Keith. Now we can have fun discussions and sleepovers..neat huh?

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    oh wow

You liked #1 didn't you? Didn't you? Thats awesome Keith. Now we can have fun discussions and sleepovers..neat huh?

I think the preview was neat

Starman is coming off a little "Deadpool"ish

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Quippy, moderately effeminate, or mirthy and murderous?

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    "haha look at me i'm random"

He's supposed to be crazy, so I mean, it makes sense

but :?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    "haha look at me i'm random"

He's supposed to be crazy, so I mean, it makes sense

but :?

I think there will be a lot more to him than that. Like when he was talking to Mid-Nite and seemed to have a brief moment of clarity when he mugged for the reader.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    OH SHIT SPOILERS

[spoiler:6bddb7940f]NRAMA: And the last panel - that is Alex Ross…

GJ: And it is the Kingdom Come Superman.

NRAMA: Ho-kay. You'd mentioned before that Alex would be coming on to co-plot a storyline on the series. Is he coming in for a Kingdom Come story?

GJ: Yes sir.[/spoiler:6bddb7940f]

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    :O

Furu on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    It was all there on the last page my friends. But, if for some stupid reason you didn't buy the book, the third part of the Johns interview has it.

Last page of #1

Spoilers abound!

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Now, panel one, is that [spoiler:e26ed4addb]Booster or Buddy?[/spoiler:e26ed4addb]

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Now, panel one, is that [spoiler:64bf4b59f7]Booster or Buddy?[/spoiler:64bf4b59f7]

[spoiler:64bf4b59f7]Geo-Force[/spoiler:64bf4b59f7]

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Now, panel one, is that [spoiler:ad78e1bef5]Booster or Buddy?[/spoiler:ad78e1bef5]

[spoiler:ad78e1bef5]Geo-Force[/spoiler:ad78e1bef5]
    [spoiler:ad78e1bef5]Geo Force has red hair and that dude is clearly blond![/spoiler:ad78e1bef5]

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Now, panel one, is that [spoiler:7b75cd814a]Booster or Buddy?[/spoiler:7b75cd814a]

[spoiler:7b75cd814a]Geo-Force[/spoiler:7b75cd814a]
    [spoiler:7b75cd814a]Geo Force has red hair and that dude is clearly blond![/spoiler:7b75cd814a]

[spoiler:7b75cd814a]That means nothing! Im basing it on costume alone. Black Lightning is in the League![/spoiler:7b75cd814a]

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    They're probably fucking with us, and it's someone new/uninteresting.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    It was all there on the last page my friends. But, if for some stupid reason you didn't buy the book, the third part of the Johns interview has it.

Last page of #1

Spoilers abound!
    Oh shit yes.

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I never read JSA, despite the fact that it always had characters I found interesting in it.

If I want to get into them, is this a good start?

Skullo on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    i didnt not like this book. i think this book was made by jeff jons and dale eagleman who is not an actual eagle man that is just his name. i think they made it by getting naked and rolling around in ink and colors and words and then wrestling on top of the pages while they peed in each others butts. i think this book would have been better if spawn or those guyes from yungblud would have been in it because they could have killed those guys with the powers. catman seems really mean and i dont think his son should smoke. i know someone whos dad died from cancer.

-munch muncherson
    age 5
    mrs gerbers class

p.s.- stevie sucks

Hah, no it was pretty awesome.

Munch on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Munch Muncherson, I knew it

Furu on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I liked the first issue bunches. Maxine Hunkel's adorable, and I don't mind the similarities between Starman and Deadpool so much since they seem to be taking a look at the more realistic implications of a manic, humorous superhero rather than simply using the character for comic relief.

Not a fan of Damage's costume or character, though.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    I liked the first issue bunches. Maxine Hunkel's adorable, and I don't mind the similarities between Starman and Deadpool so much since they seem to be taking a look at the more realistic implications of a manic, humorous superhero rather than simply using the character for comic relief.

Maxine was a complete surprise for me, as I originally penned her as being the token slutty rebellious teen on the team. Starman was as well, but then I read the book again, and actually payed attention to his lines. There is a lot more to him, as Johns said, than people will originally think.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

Maxine was a complete surprise for me, as I originally penned her as being the token slutty rebellious teen on the team. Starman was as well, but then I read the book again, and actually payed attention to his lines. There is a lot more to him, as Johns said, than people will originally think.

Specualtion on Starman:

[spoiler:d0c63c5d32] I think Starman is the same Starman from the series we all love, no Jack Knight but the one who comes from the future to be starman in our time. But with the whole , the time line is re-writing itself thing that booster discovered in the beginning of 52, I would say it affected him while he was in transit to the past. OR some thing along those lines.[/spoiler:d0c63c5d32]

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    i was really satisfied with the first issue and i cant wait till next month, i think this one is going to live upto my expectations, unlike alot of titles this year.

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

Specualtion on Starman:

[spoiler:4e22b397fa] I think Starman is the same Starman from the series we all love, no Jack Knight but the one who comes from the future to be starman in our time. But with the whole , the time line is re-writing itself thing that booster discovered in the beginning of 52, I would say it affected him while he was in transit to the past. OR some thing along those lines.[/spoiler:4e22b397fa]

[spoiler:4e22b397fa]Well, I do think that, based on the previews for next year, that this new Starman is in fact Thom Kallor. [/spoiler:4e22b397fa]

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Wait, Stargirl isn't jailbait anymore?

Damnit.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Someone should call Billy.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    Kaosu ReidoKaosu Reido Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    "Billy. Biiiiiilly..."
    "Yes, Mr. Wisdom Of Solomon sir?"
    "She's legal now, Billy."

Kaosu Reido on
    KAOSU REIDO - The Bullet Of Justice Caps Evil's Ass

dygenguardsig2asp0.png
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Is Billy legal?

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    Is Billy legal?

He's Shazam. He can pretty much be whatever he wants.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Picked it up, and damn, I was pleased. Why couldn't the JLA relaunch be this good?

Skullo on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I dont think Leauge and Society are both allowed to be good at the same time.

Hensler on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh man, this was a lot better than I expected.

Maxine is already my favorite character.

Sars_Boy on