As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Synergy

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2008
    protostorm wrote: »
    ITS NOT MY GODDAMN NAME

why do you have anjin's theme

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ITS NOT MY GODDAMN NAME

Yes it is. You MUST accept it

Anjin why did you get your name changed to protostorm

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Olivaw wrote: »
    ITS NOT MY GODDAMN NAME

Its not anjin its Metabutt

He just has his avatar-sig with the exception that his sig says turn ON that bullshit

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Earlier today after reinstalling Gmod I made a catapult out of a thruster (for power) a wheel unit, a I-beam, and a soda machine for the structure. Then I used it to launch TNT at zombies.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Because son I Am the storm.

of protos.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    The best part about the second nuke video is watching the regular citizen NPCs explode into clouds of ash, and if you look closely, you can see them reduced to blackened skeletons. Pay particular attention to the one on the far left.
    I even kept pausing it to see what you're talking about, and don't see anything unusual about that skeleton compared to the others

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Olivaw wrote: »
    ITS NOT MY GODDAMN NAME

Its not anjin its Metabutt

He just has his avatar-sig with the exception that his sig says turn ON that bullshit

Oh

See I hate when people do that because I identify people by their avatars and sigs

Names tend to fluctuate around here

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    remember 4 years ago when HL2 was like the best looking game ever and no one could conceive running it on their PCs

I remember the day it came out.

There were barrels floating in water that actually broke into smaller pieces that also floated. And shit was reflective. And ohmygod is that a combine look at that awesome blue particle effect

Now I sneer at source games and I can't help it D:

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    shit dog EP2 is pretty hot looking

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    The best part about the second nuke video is watching the regular citizen NPCs explode into clouds of ash, and if you look closely, you can see them reduced to blackened skeletons. Pay particular attention to the one on the far left.
    I even kept pausing it to see what you're talking about, and don't see anything unusual about that skeleton compared to the others

Oops I didn't mean that something special happened to that skeleton, just that the effect was easier to see when it hit that particular dude.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I mean it's not awful by any means but source certainly lacks the panache it had at launch

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Zephyr wrote: »
    shit dog EP2 is pretty hot looking

Yeah man, Source games still look pretty great to me

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Earlier today after reinstalling Gmod I made a catapult out of a thruster (for power) a wheel unit, a I-beam, and a soda machine for the structure. Then I used it to launch TNT at zombies.

I...

That sounds awesome. Back when I played Gmod, they only had one open field with a stupid dark warehouse next to it and portals to all the levels. It was buggy, the interface sorta sucked, and there wasn't much stuff to spawn, but now that people are actually paying for it sounds like it's become superawesomecoolrad.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »

I...

That sounds awesome. Back when I played Gmod, they only had one open field with a stupid dark warehouse next to it and portals to all the levels. It was buggy, the interface sorta sucked, and there wasn't much stuff to spawn, but now that people are actually paying for it sounds like it's become superawesomecoolrad.

Gmod is so much more advanced than it was in the old days. I've been playing Gmod since, like, version 5 so I know what you're talking about. Back when you had the balloon gun and the thruster gun and the weld gun, making rickety air boats and lighting other players on fire.

Nowadays they have pulley tools, wheel tools, camera tools, turret tools, tools that act like muscles, pistons, ballsocket welds, line systems, player scripted weapons, enhanced graphical effects... Gmod is a game that you control, and so if you're not prepared to think creatively with it, you probably won't get your money's worth because the value of spawning one hundred kleiners and shooting them with a tactical nuke won't last forever.

But if you're the type of person who is cool with spending an hour building an elaborate fort, stocking it with supplies and NPC defenders and then assaulting it with Counter Strike weapons and a team of NPCs... or barricading it against zombies or antlions or combine shocktroops.... it might just be worth ten bucks.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Man does this thread suck balls, that screenshots real gay duders.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i personally liked to crucify people to walls when i played gmod

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »

I...

Gmod is so much more advanced than it was in the old days. I've been playing Gmod since, like, version 5 so I know what you're talking about. Back when you had the balloon gun and the thruster gun and the weld gun, making rickety air boats and lighting other players on fire.

Nowadays they have pulley tools, wheel tools, camera tools, turret tools, tools that act like muscles, pistons, ballsocket welds, line systems, player scripted weapons, enhanced graphical effects... Gmod is a game that you control, and so if you're not prepared to think creatively with it, you probably won't get your money's worth because the value of spawning one hundred kleiners and shooting them with a tactical nuke won't last forever.

But if you're the type of person who is cool with spending an hour building an elaborate fort, stocking it with supplies and NPC defenders and then assaulting it with Counter Strike weapons and a team of NPCs... or barricading it against zombies or antlions or combine shocktroops.... it might just be worth ten bucks.

And theres also tons of other modes like a zombie survival game, a fort wars game, and even a regular deathmatch game.

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Holy shit. Yeah, I played from version two to like seven, and you just more or less listed all the stuff I wanted back then. I might have to pick that shit up soon.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

It didn't even have the best player model.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    One of my favorite things is building a fort and then saving your game, and then destroying it in a new way every time you reload your save. Maybe you'll weld an explosive barrel to the nose of a car and crash through a wall screaming "allah hu ackbar" or maybe you'll use a titanic slingshot to hurl a tugboat at it. So many good times.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Butters wrote: »

I fucking know, so good.

Butters get in vent, its time to synergize

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I can run HL1 on this computer. HL1 was only about 3 years old when I got my computer in 2001, or maybe early 2002. A few months before I went to college. So, sometime before August 2002. I don't think it would run with the High Def. pack, lol. I got fancy speakers instead of a decent graphics card and the terrible thing is I don't even regularly listen to music on here.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2008
    someone gift me the orange box

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Make me cornbread, and ill gift you HL2

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

I fucking know, so good.

Can't, I'm at work. I am going home early though. Waiting on one e-mail from a colleague so I can complete this report and then I am out of here. I feel like shit.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Make me cornbread, and ill gift you HL2

okay done

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Keith I do have a copy of HL2 I can gift you, but not the orange box.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

do i need to download steam or something

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

I fucking know, so good.

Can't, I'm at work. I am going home early though. Waiting on one e-mail from a colleague so I can complete this report and then I am out of here. I feel like shit.

Find who ever's making you stay there, throwup infront of them, like 2 feet, get some on their shoes, go home.

????

Synergy

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Get Steam

Make an account

boom half life 2

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Yeah, you'll need a steam ID so I can send you the game.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    hold on i have to boot into windows

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Steam's a pretty wonderful service. Back when it first came out I kinda wanted to kill it and set Valve on fire for foisting it on me but eventually I warmed up to it.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I have no idea why people would want WON back, that thing was terrible.

I'd spent close to 20 minutes finding games before getting to play a few rounds on TFC, waiting for the game

to load, screens of text i don't understand, and then just disconnecting.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    steam account: babygirlkeith

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I dunno back in the day I primarily connected directly via IP so I had no browser woes. And actually Steam cocked up IP connection for a while and I couldn't play Sven Co-op or Rocket Crowbar with my friends and it made me a sad panda.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    is GMOD included in orange box?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    You must now log onto Steam and accept my friend invitation so I can send the gift.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    is GMOD included in orange box?

Gmod 10 must be purchased through Steam for $10, and isn't offered in any of the multi-game packs.

However I think you can still download Gmod9 for free, though it might be glitchy and or broken because it hasn't been updated since Gmod 10 came out. But if it works, it'd be a good way to try out the general idea of Gmod before buying.

Just don't get too comfortable with it if you intend to buy Gmod10 because the UI was completely redone for Gmod 10.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    You must now log onto Steam and accept my friend invitation so I can send the gift.

yeah i had to go through the whole "creating a steam id" thing

Garlic Bread on