As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Red Alert 3! Insert lame "In Soviet Russia" joke here

webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the InternetRegistered User regular
edited March 2008 in Games and Technology
RA3.jpg

Screenshots!! (from a december conference according to the german website where they are posted)

post-781-1202918011.jpg

post-781-1202917986.jpg

post-781-1202917963.jpg

Main RA3 Website
http://www.ea.com/redalert/main.jsp

Check out this website for more pretties. It's a plus if you understand german.

http://www.cnc-inside.de/news-artikel,Alarmstufe-Rot-3---Fraktionen-Story-Details-und-Bilder,27938,1.html

By Chris Faylor at Shacknews

"Publisher Electronic Arts and magazine PC Gamer have pulled back the iron curtain, revealing the existence of Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3. The game marks the first entry in the spin-off RTS series to hit since the Yuri's Revenge Red Alert 2 expansion pack in 2001.

With the title featured in PC Gamer, a PC version is a given, though it is not yet known if it will arrive on a console or consoles a la EA Los Angeles' Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium War (PC, X360).

More details on Red Alert 3 are expected when the issue hits stores March 4. The game signifies EA's growing interest in the Command & Conquer brand, with two other C&C efforts--the C&C3 expansion pack Kane's Wrath (PC, X360) and the squad-based shooter Tiberium (PC, PS3, X360)--currently under development."

So who else is as fired up for this as I am? I personally loved Red Alert 2's tongue in cheek style, and the gameplay was solid as well. With C&C3 actually being a pretty damn good game I'm in high spirits for this one.

So to give some meat to this thread, discuss the upcoming awesome you hope is RA3, or your past experiences with the RA games. Favorite moments, strategies and just all around good times.

As a note I looked back 5 pages for a thread about this, so forgive me if I missed it.

Steam ID: Webguy20
Origin ID: Discgolfer27
Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
webguy20 on

• brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wow. I still play Red Alert 2 with my dad on LAN on a fairly regular basis. This will rule. I hope that it has FMV!

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Man they are really trying to bring back Command and Conquer aren't they?

Not that I mind, I loved Red Alert 2

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • MJMJ Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Oh My God!

I have nothing else to say really. I had fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun times playing the perfection that is Red Alert 1 and 2.

MJ on
    mino_mirror_punch2_sig.gif
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Red Alert 2 is one of the best RTS' I own. Hopefully they do it justice in part 3. :D

Henroid on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    In soviet Russia they have awesome tanks.

subedii on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    If this kicks even half as much ass as Red Alert and Red Alert 2, I'll buy it in an instant.

I still haven't actually played C&C3 though, but the demo was pretty good.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • RivulentRivulent Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well, Westwood was alway up there with Blizzard in my books, and hopefully EA will continue to market and franchise because it has a cool backdrop. And as long as the gameplay keeps straight, I'll certainly be happy. I was very satisfied with the latest CnC. There has always been a pretty clear difference in the units between CnC and RA series, so I hope that difference is held up, and it's not just a simple cashfarm.

Really what the jumbled mess I just typed is trying to say, I hope this is a good game and doesn't let the RA series down.

Rivulent on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    eelektrik wrote: »
    If this kicks even half as much ass as Red Alert and Red Alert 2, I'll buy it in an instant.

I still haven't actually played C&C3 though, but the demo was pretty good.

Same here, it seems that lately EA is trying hard to not make me hate them.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LAME JOKE INSERTS YOU

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Charging up!

Rizzi on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    In Soviet Russia, hot pants wear you.

I was one of the few that didn't love RA2 all that much, but I love the franchise. Cautiously optimistic here...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Man, maybe it's just cause I only played the AoE and Blizard games growing up, but I just couldn't stand how archaic C&C3 was

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • SpeakeasySpeakeasy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Shake it baby!

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
    edited February 2008
    IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LAME JOKE INSERTS YOU

I laughed.

brynstar on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    We can only hope that the cutscenes are as fantastic and cheesy as C&C3.

Kelor on
    edited February 2008
    Kelor wrote: »
    We can only hope that the cutscenes are as fantastic and cheesy as C&C3.

Yes. That will al but guarantee my purchase. I absolutely love FMV, and C&C 3 has some of the best.

brynstar on
  • VytaeVytae Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    "That Was left Handed!"

Ok,that was the original CnC,but whatever.

I am rather impressed EA hasnt managed to run the CnC franchise into the ground yet. With the exception of Renegade (which i thought was decent,i didnt regret buying and the online fucking owned) And tiberian Sun (Awesome game,well polished,but god damn that engine was old).

As long as its not on the fucking Sage engine (i think thats what the generals/CnC3 engine is called?) Retire that shit already.

Apocalypseski tankski readyski!

Hell yeah.

Vytae on
  • canemaquiluscanemaquilus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I was unimpresed with C&C 3. Highly so. I am cautiously cautious.

canemaquilus on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Vytae wrote: »
    "That Was left Handed!"

Original C&C commando is still the best C&C commando.

subedii on
    edited February 2008
    Something that still sends chills down my spine.
    "Kirov Reporting."

Rizzi on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    "Affirmative!"

I remember it like it was yesterday

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sweet Soviet Buns that girl has some short shorts!

Well I am quietly optimistic. I thought C&C 3 was great and really captured the feel of the original C&C. I hope that they still have some awesome leftover.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • GenericFanGenericFan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Apocalypse tanks were stupidly good.

Although once I won a game online by rushing with the Grizzlies. I felt so awesome.

Keen for three.

GenericFan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Oh hell yes.

With every generation, CnC has always seemed like the test bed for the RA that follows (and kicks CnC's arse). I'm so hyped.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
    edited February 2008
    It had better have Tanya in it.

Rizzi on
  • ZanteZante Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ruzkin wrote: »
    Oh hell yes.

With every generation, CnC has always seemed like the test bed for the RA that follows (and kicks CnC's arse). I'm so hyped.

RA is CnC :P

Zante on
    edited February 2008
    I think he meant the Tiberium universe games.

Rizzi on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Speakeasy wrote: »
    Shake it baby!

Quoting for page 2

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This is good news.

I love Red Alert.

Yet part of me is sad.

I loved C&C3 so much and am anticipating the expansion so eagerly part of me wants a Tiberium Universe C&C4 more than this.

Then part of me just hopes this game will expand on the RA-to-Tiberium universe link and perhaps finally join it all together as one big series (except generals, but fuck generals)

Am I a bad person?

EDIT: This all makes sense now. The guys on the C&C3 Podcast "Battlecast" TV Show said there'd be a "Huge" announcement in the coming weeks, and people who bought C&C Saga (first decade + C&C3) or Kane's Wrath on launch would have a reason to cheer.

It'll be beta access for this. Seems too much of a coincidence to not be true.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Tiberium Wars was pretty decent. I'm in.

Zxerol on
  • Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Zante wrote: »
    ruzkin wrote: »
    Oh hell yes.

RA is CnC :P

To be fair, he's technically right.... I noticed Westwood would release their RTS games in a neat order...

Dune 2, Command & Conquer, C&C:Red Alert

Expansions to fill time...

Dune 2000, C&C2, C&C Red Alert...

Expansions to fill time....

Emperor: Battle for Dune

Bought by EA..... C&C Generals, C&C3, RA3....

Typically it seemed the Dune games were a sort of test bed for their graphics engine as when you play wach one, the game later on seemed like a more refined version of the Dune games...

I wouldn't be surprised if EA uses the Generals line as the new Dune... I hope not, but woudln't be surprised....

Personally though I'm awaiting that new C&C FPS I saw linked on the front page awhile back.... That looks awesome...

Nakatomi2010 on
    Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things
    Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
    Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
    edited February 2008
    I'm going to have to buy Kanes Wrath on launch now aren't I?
    Not that I mind. I was going to buy it anyway, But I should probably pre-order it or something..

Rizzi on
    edited February 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I'm going to have to buy Kanes Wrath on launch now aren't I?
    Not that I mind. I was going to buy it anyway, But I should probably pre-order it or something..

To be fair, it does look awesome.

APZonerunner on
    edited February 2008
    Yea, I enjoyed C&C 3 alot. Well, at least until my video card died and I had to use my old one anyway..
    And the expansion does say it expands on alot of the plot after Firestorm. Luckily I get my new pc before it's released. Timing is good.

Rizzi on
  • ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I think he meant the Tiberium universe games.

Damn straight.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    They really REALLY need to work out some deal to get Frank Klepacki to do the music. After C&C3 I can see them getting the gameplay down, but it really needs that extra touch of awesome that Klepacki's music will bring.

-SPI- on
    edited February 2008
    Yea, I enjoyed C&C 3 alot. Well, at least until my video card died and I had to use my old one anyway..
    And the expansion does say it expands on alot of the plot after Firestorm. Luckily I get my new pc before it's released. Timing is good.

It's kinda strange. It only has a NOD campaign, and it covers basically the end of Firestorm through to C&C3 - then it covers alternate missions DURING C&C3, and then goes on to cover what happens after C&C3.

I was watching some videos and GDI has a load of it's Tiberium Units back for the pre C&C3 bit and I fell in love there and then.

It's nice they care about the series and the continuity, which is why I hope they expand on the RA/Tiberium linkage in RA3.

APZonerunner on
    edited February 2008
    The Scrin Mechapede looks freaky. Bugs scare the crap out of me.

Rizzi on
  • Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So, if I'm reading this right we're only going to play this through as Nod?

That doesn't sound like a bad idea.... Primarily because if they're going to span the whole 20 years we're going to get a whole new look at the universe... I mean we ALWAYS see it from the GDI winning perspective, and if Nod wins then its Game Over for the world...

This is the TIE Fighter of the Command & Conquer universe.... So to speak... We'll play thourhg a lengthy time frame without having to worry about the fact that while you play as the "enemy" that you're just mucking things up over all.... Rather than having two 12 mission campaigns, or whatever, we can have a 24 mission campaign....

This thing has potential...

Nakatomi2010 on
    Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things
    Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
    Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
    edited February 2008
    So, if I'm reading this right we're only going to play this through as Nod?

That doesn't sound like a bad idea.... Primarily because if they're going to span the whole 20 years we're going to get a whole new look at the universe... I mean we ALWAYS see it from the GDI winning perspective, and if Nod wins then its Game Over for the world...

This is the TIE Fighter of the Command & Conquer universe.... So to speak... We'll play thourhg a lengthy time frame without having to worry about the fact that while you play as the "enemy" that you're just mucking things up over all.... Rather than having two 12 mission campaigns, or whatever, we can have a 24 mission campaign....

This thing has potential...

Kane's Wrath is supposedly 100% canon, so anything and everything that does happen throughout the NOD-only campaign fits with the GDI winning canon.

The game also features a RISK-like campaign map where you then carry out your battles in a classic C&C style. It looks really different, but fun. If I had to guess how it'll end It'll probably be with the NOD having a huge upper hand again, ready for C&C4 which'll have the GDI escape from the jaws of death.

I do hope RA3 has a beta for Kane's Wrath buyers... I think the hints have been laid too thick for it not to be.

APZonerunner on