As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lost in [chat]: Dedicated to Rygar

• stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    stilist wrote: »
    Is there one of these for any other language?
    I just searched for ‘free arabic lessons’. It’s the Internet; I’m sure it’s got what you want.
    The Internet? I don't follow. It sounds dirty
    Well of course it is. Why else would we be here?

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    That is me. I get tons of "r u gay?"
    I am, but sexuality has nothing to do with clothing choice.

Yeah, sexuality has everything to do with glowing eyes.

Their eyes glow. You know, the gays.
    Uh.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2008
    Liberals Under My Bed is a fun way for parents to teach children conservatism. Readers follow Tommy and Lou as they open a lemonade stand to earn money for a swing set. But when bureaucratic busybodies demand the brothers pay outrageous taxes, remove their picture of Jesus, and serve broccoli with their lemonade, they experience firsthand the dangers of liberalism.

I must own this book.

Echo on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is there one of these for any other language?
    I just searched for ‘free arabic lessons’. It’s the Internet; I’m sure it’s got what you want.
    The Internet? I don't follow. It sounds dirty
    Well of course it is. Why else would we be here?
    Jigar-e toe bikhoram - literally means - "I will eat your liver" This is a colloquial expression for a very romantic way of saying "I love you."

We are so weird

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited February 2008
    Jigar-e toe bikhoram - literally means - "I will eat your liver" This is a colloquial expression for a very romantic way of saying "I love you."
    We are so weird
    Ah, culture!

stilist on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008

Ooops. I guess I didn't have to shoot that girl huh?

ViolentChemistry on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So my SoaSE late game really sucks. I pound the computer like nobody's business early on but when it comes time to take them out they show up on my doorstep with captial ships galore (away from my main fleet) and wipe me out.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Level 5 undead rogue.

it begins!

Tav on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2008
    one of us

Echo on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Our philosophy threads piss me off. They're like red-carpet events for people who threw away their education and are desperately trying to invent a practicality for it by name-dropping whenever possible. There's this whole Masons vibe to it, and I sort of feel like if I had two legs to stand on and posted from them I'd just get swept away to a secret philosobunker in the arid southwest where I would live out the rest of my life in a commune full of people bickering about whether or not they have paper bags on their heads.

For reference's sake, yes, we would all have paper bags on our heads.

Oboro on
    words
    edited February 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Our philosophy threads piss me off. They're like red-carpet events for people who threw away their education and are desperately trying to invent a practicality for it by name-dropping whenever possible. There's this whole Masons vibe to it, and I sort of feel like if I had two legs to stand on and posted from them I'd just get swept away to a secret philosobunker in the arid southwest where I would live out the rest of my life in a commune full of people bickering about whether or not they have paper bags on their heads.

Law schools love philosophy majors, ergo you're full of shit.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited February 2008
    So Echo, what's the deal regarding an EU WoW community? Is there one?

Tav on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    So my SoaSE late game really sucks. I pound the computer like nobody's business early on but when it comes time to take them out they show up on my doorstep with captial ships galore (away from my main fleet) and wipe me out.
    I think I'm going to get that this weekend. Should serve as a decent diversion while I'm stuck inside from the weather. Or I'll get it on Valentine's Day...either/or.

Dynagrip on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

You just summarized the whole field of philosophy you know

nexuscrawler on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Good morning [chat].

I had a good night of solid sleep last night, thanks to a little pill :P

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited February 2008
    Krusty Show t-shirts are made by kids, for kids and we pass the slavings onto you!

Tav on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Nah, he really didn't.

Also, calling any degree useless is pretty dumb, you do know you learn things other the knowledge given to you on the course right? Employers also look better on those with degrees unless you're stacking bricks, you realise that right?

Also, Oboro is pretty fucking low on the list of people who get to comment on the job market in general.

Leitner on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

The only people who dropped names were Podly and I. And there's only two of us.

What are you suggesting Oboro?

Apothe0sis on
    edited February 2008
    Leitner wrote: »

Nah, he really didn't.

Also, calling any degree useless is pretty dumb, you do know you learn things other the knowledge given to you on the course right? Employers also look better on those with degrees unless you're stacking bricks, you realise that right?

Also, Oboro is pretty fucking low on the list of people who get to comment on the job market in general.

Or on throwing away educations.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Plus, if you really want to know - I did a double degree - BSc Computer Science/BA Philosophy of Science (Maj)/Mind (Min).

I did the former because it was the field I wanted to get into, and the latter because I found it enjoyable and did it "for me".

I got my first job on my English and soft-analytic skills, which my employers first picked up on from my resume listing I had done Philosophy.

So, I didn't expect Philosophy to be useful, doing it only for my own pleasure, and yet it turned out to be useful afterall.

Apothe0sis on
    edited February 2008
    for fuck's sake I guess I am not allowed to make long and obtuse jokes because my real life history has stripped my entitlement of it

Oboro on
    words
    edited February 2008
    Also, looking at this [chat] thread title, I assumed it was an Air Supply tribute.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited February 2008
    I mean seriously what other [chat]er gets dog-piled for making a jab at philosophy majors

I ain't never seen it come back on anybody else :|

Oboro on
    words
    edited February 2008
    I don't like philosophy and I hate teamkillers.

ViolentChemistry on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    hello [chat]

i got a headset, so i will figure out how to use skype today!

skippydumptruck on
    edited February 2008
    Philosophy majors? More like weed-smoking majors M I RITE?
    I got nothing.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited February 2008
    guhhh roommate is skipping work again today what the fuck :x

Oboro on
    words
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    OK Quick, who's that crazy Japanese Otaku lady who eats her cats? I need to find a pic.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited February 2008
    hello [chat]

i got a headset, so i will figure out how to use skype today!

My family are horribly afraid of me being raped through the internet, so naturally I only use VOIP when no one is home. The other night I forgot my sister was home, and was chatting away in TF2.

I had to convince her that I was talking to myself :|

Tav on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    ellipses

Dynagrip on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Where's Gim?

He'd like this.

The Green Eyed Monster on
    edited February 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    ellipses
    I don't see why this is ellipsis-worthy. Roommate skips a day of work at least once a week because of boyfriend drama, which he has a lot of because he has four boyfriends. It really makes me uncomfortable when he just decides to stay home, and is consequently very irritable, and I don't know. It just irks me. He makes me really uncomfortable and I dislike it when the time I thought I was going to have to myself isn't.

Oboro on
    words
    edited February 2008
    celery77 wrote: »
    Where's Gim?

He'd like this.
    I am ashamed of my state.

stilist on
    edited February 2008
    get a job

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited February 2008
    I think I'm going to get that this weekend. Should serve as a decent diversion while I'm stuck inside from the weather. Or I'll get it on Valentine's Day...either/or.

You can get it

and then we can get Quid to get it

and then we can all play together

(and we will form a secret alliance)

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited February 2008
    So to renew my engineering licence, I need to fill in a form they sent me. In order to fill in the form, I need an index of the codes they used, which, according to the form, is on another document they sent me.

Except they didn't send it to me.

Fucking great.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited February 2008

You can get it

I never do anything underhanded like that in games. I follow a code.

Dynagrip on
    edited February 2008
    Also playing the computer can be frustrating because they rarely seem to fight toe-to-toe. If I try to attack their fleet they just warp and run away. And then I end up chasing them back and forth between 2 systems.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

You can get it

I have to set priorites with my money for a while. I am sorry, but I don't think I can form secret southwest alliances with this one.

Quid on
    edited February 2008

You can get it

I never do anything underhanded like that in games. I follow a code.

says the spy

NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.