As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Circuit City Games Clearance - the PC edition

13»

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i think the sale is somewhat over. I got half-life 2 ep1, dark messiah, heroes5 tribes of the east, and prey collectors for $58 total. Prey collectors was 16, ep1 7, tribes 20, dark messiah 11.

also c&c 3 rung up as 30 bucks instead of 50. Most games were usually 10 bucks cheaper, like supreme commander. The expansion however didn't ring up at one of the circuit city's i went too.

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yea, the sale seems to be over. I got the Dark Messiah collectors edition cheap (edit: I checked the OP and it rang up 8 dollars and some change, so it looks like all the games were around twice the price from the OP), but the other games I checked rang up for $20. That really sucks, I guess I should have gone Friday evening after all.

Bama on
  • Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The supreme commander exp doesn't seem to be in their system, yes. I told the clerk I saw it on the website for $10, and they checked the UPC on some sort of terminal.

(As a side note, this implies that they have at least 3 different tracking systems; the website, the POS terminals, and a inventory tracking system. And they don't talk to each other....)

evilmrhenry on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, SupCom: Forge Alliance doesn't seem to be in their database. It's weird.

edit: beat'd

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm pretty fucking irritated. I went to multiple CCs today and found nearly every game I wanted yet none of them knew anything about the deal. They even condescended to me for believing it existed. I was like look I read about it on several websites that had pages and pages of people verifying it with photos of receipts and stacks of games. And they were like well if it isn't on our page then it doesn't exist, doesn't matter if the whole world has photos and receipts and such. One manager looked down his nose at me and added, and if there was a deal I'd know about it because we set up several days in advance for these little clearances while basically shooing me away. So finally at the last one I was fed up with this crap and I decided to go to their computer section and look up the deal in this thread only to find that it ended this morning.. LAME. Well I still picked up 2 games for under 10 bucks each so it wasn't a complete bust...

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I know last week was advertised "50% off pc games $19.99 and under." Maybe that's where all the cheap prices came from?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I know last week was advertised "50% off pc games $19.99 and under." Maybe that's where all the cheap prices came from?
    Yea, this would perfectly explain my experience.

Bama on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Could be. See, the employees are idiots. I had to specifically ask them to ring up certain games just to verify that the prices were actually lower. With that knowledge in hand, I just went up to the register with a basket filled with games and acted as nothing was unusual. Except that Gothic 3 was $3.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I called Circuity City tonight and was told that the clearance price sell is over, but a lot of games will still be on sale for the President's Day sale that goes until Wednesday. Most of these games are only $10-15 off regular price, but it also includes a lot of console games.

Hensler on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    My store claims they do not sell DEFCON, and searching for it on their website does not bring up the game. They're so full of shit, I'm gonna have to drive there and see myself.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm pretty fucking irritated. I went to multiple CCs today and found nearly every game I wanted yet none of them knew anything about the deal. They even condescended to me for believing it existed. I was like look I read about it on several websites that had pages and pages of people verifying it with photos of receipts and stacks of games. And they were like well if it isn't on our page then it doesn't exist, doesn't matter if the whole world has photos and receipts and such. One manager looked down his nose at me and added, and if there was a deal I'd know about it because we set up several days in advance for these little clearances while basically shooing me away. So finally at the last one I was fed up with this crap and I decided to go to their computer section and look up the deal in this thread only to find that it ended this morning.. LAME. Well I still picked up 2 games for under 10 bucks each so it wasn't a complete bust...
    I work at Circuit City. Didn't have a fucking clue about this sale until I read the OP. The managers didn't have a clue. Don't blame the associates so much (except the ones being condescending asshats) because all this is 100% up to corporate. We didn't find out about that slew of 8.96 console games until two weeks after the sale started. CC does this a lot, puts a lot of games and such on clearance but doesn't tell the employees shit about it. The manager you spoke to was a dick and just wanted you out of his hair.

Cilla Black on