As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DS Lite light going a little wacky on me

KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up inthe Undercity.Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So the green LED on my DS has taken to going crazy when I close the lid and leave the game on (Tetris DS is the only one I've tried it with... actually I think it happened with Brain Age too.). Normally the light will just flash once every 15 seconds or so, but now it goes ballistic while it's in sleep mode and make a soft clicking sound each time the light goes on or off. Anyone know what this means?

KalTorak on

• Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It sounds like the switch that tells the DS if it is closed or not is on its way out. To be more specific, it sounds like it is sitting the edge of the closed/open state and is rapidly switching between the two states. This would explain erratic LED behavior and and the sound which is likely the sound hardware switching on and off rapidly.

EDIT: Some games play sounds when you open or close the lid. I know New Super Mario Bros does this, so if you have that game you have something to test. When you close the lid, Mario says "goodbye!" and when you open it back he says, "it'sa me, mario!"

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hmmmm, you're right; I tried closing the lid almost all the way and checking the screens - they flash on and off with the light. How do I go about getting this fixed? I've heard good things about Nintendo's customer service & repair, though if there's a warranty involved I doubt i'm still covered - it's about a year old.

KalTorak on