As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Remembering a TV Show

AfroSpatulaAfroSpatula Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, so there's a group of paranormal amateur investigators (A girl, a guy, an old black man, a blind guy, maybe some others) and perhaps on CBS they had a great big season finale where they were individually hunted down and KILLED by the Devil.

I know they only lasted one season.

May have been in 2000, possibly later.

Edit: I know that one episode involved the guy visiting in dreams the victims of Jack the Ripper. He tries to save one unsuccessfully.

AfroSpatula on

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I've gotta tell you, I looked really hard based on the information you gave, and I couldn't find a thing. The closest shows I could find to what you're talking about are "Brimstone", "Millennium", and "FreakyLinks".... all of which were shows that were on Fox around 2000. Brimstone is the only show I can find which even has the Devil as a main character.

In any case, sorry I couldn't help more. Hopefully this will get you started though.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    tony_importanttony_important Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Can't be brimstone

The MC is already dead and resurrected or some shit

tony_important on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Jimmy KingJimmy King Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Millenium has the devil in it as a recurring theme/character, but the show being described was not Millenium.

[spoiler:7cd1bb34b9]Millenium was about an ex-FBI agent turned consultant for a group which later turned out to (probably... due to ending long before the story was done and a slapped together ending to tie up what little they could, we don't really know) be a cult, occasionally with the devil coming after him or his friends and family in a human form, plus various end of the world stuff.[/spoiler:7cd1bb34b9]

edit: bbcode works better when I use square brackets.

Jimmy King on
  • Options
    PoyndexterPoyndexter Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I've seen it mentioned here before with limited success, so I will reiterate the previous sentiments from previous posters of a time not so long ago passed.

Head over to the I Need To Know boards at IMDB. These guys seem to be on top of their game when it comes to obscure movies/tv shows.

Poyndexter on
    ‹^› ‹( •¿• )› ‹^›
  • Options
    TobyToby Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It sounds like The Others but I never actually watched it so I can't be sure.

Toby on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Toby wrote:
    It sounds like The Others but I never actually watched it so I can't be sure.

Well according to the others episode guide:
    "Don't Dream It's Over"
    A restless Mark is disturbed by his continuing dreams where he falls in love with Mary Jane, a mysterious beautiful woman from 19th-century London who also sees Mark only in her dreams. Ignoring Elmer's stern advice to stop his dalliance or risk his own destruction, a sheepish Mark asks love struck Marian to help him channel through to his would-be lover. Then an Internet search by Miles reveals that Mary Jane Kelly was the last victim of Jack the Ripper.

I'd say that makes it the most likely candidate.

Invisible on
  • Options
    TalonSETalonSE Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Based on the OP's desc I'd say it was definitely The Others. Stupid NBC, they cancelled it and their other Saturday night shows in favor of the XFL. :roll:

TalonSE on
  • Options
    AfroSpatulaAfroSpatula Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    This was it. Thanks guys.

AfroSpatula on
This discussion has been closed.