Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Primer - omgwtf

13»

• JasocoJasoco Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Which parts did you think were important that turned out to apparently not be?

• emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Jasoco wrote: »

What the hell happened to the other two guys that were working on the project? They were working 80 hours a week on that levitate-o-tron and then, BAM, they fade out of the movie. One of them was supposed to be really inquisitive, too.

Angryspider2_zps663851d1.jpg
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    emnmnme wrote: »

What the hell happened to the other two guys that were working on the project? They were working 80 hours a week on that levitate-o-tron and then, BAM, they fade out of the movie. One of them was supposed to be really inquisitive, too.

I'll bet there was a lot more to that in the original script, but it ended up on the cutting room floor for one reason or another. It was kind of weird.

• SnorkSnork Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Doc wrote: »

I'll bet there was a lot more to that in the original script, but it ended up on the cutting room floor for one reason or another. It was kind of weird.

I think there was a throwaway line about how the garage had to be fumigated or something, and Abe and Aaron just acted like they weren't working on anything and made each other promise not to tell the other two guys.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Snork wrote: »

I think there was a throwaway line about how the garage had to be fumigated or something, and Abe and Aaron just acted like they weren't working on anything and made each other promise not to tell the other two guys.

Yeah they pretty much establish that they aren't on the same page as the other guys, they're already grating at their idea for a direction of work. So when they find out they've discovered a time machine they go out of their way to keep the other two out of the loop.

I can't remember exactly what confused me that wasn't on that timeline... but then that's why I'm watching it again.

• Deviant HandsDeviant Hands __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2008
    I understood that movie on the first viewing.

Bow before me and kiss my feet for I am your superior.

Also, I understood Donnie Darko more than most.

Primer kicks ass BTW.

Great!

Explain it

Which one? Primer or Donnie Darko?

Primer

All of it.

I hope playing the Joker didn't have anything to do with this... I mean, I hope he wasn't driven to kill himself because of the role in some way. He was clearly taking the part pretty goddamned seriously.

Why so serious?
    edited February 2008

Primer kicks ass BTW.

Great!

Explain it

Primer

All of it.

I don't think it'll matter to you since you can't read it anyway. :P

• TechBoyTechBoy Registered User
    edited February 2008
    (Obviously spoilers about the movie, so don't read if you haven't seen it! Not like it would make sense... )

Soooo....
    Spoiler:

tf2_sig.png
  • TorgoTorgo Registered User
    edited February 2008
    TechBoy wrote: »
    (Obviously spoilers about the movie, so don't read if you haven't seen it! Not like it would make sense... )

Soooo....
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User
    edited February 2008
    My main question after watching the film isn't one about time, but about motive:
    Spoiler:

pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • milathmilath Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I saw this film based entirely on the recommendation of this thread, so thanks OP.

Great movie. So well made in fact, I'm stunned it was filmed on so small a budget.

As for the plot itself, I'm not even gonna pretend I understood it to the point of that timeline linked in the wiki, but I understood it enough to get enjoyment out of it. Plus, I watched it two times in a row back to back. I can't even remember the last time a movie made me want to do that.

steam_sig.png
    "No.. I was wrong. This must be what going mad feels like."

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    milath wrote: »
    I saw this film based entirely on the recommendation of this thread, so thanks OP.

Great movie. So well made in fact, I'm stunned it was filmed on so small a budget.

As for the plot itself, I'm not even gonna pretend I understood it to the point of that timeline linked in the wiki, but I understood it enough to get enjoyment out of it. Plus, I watched it two times in a row back to back. I can't even remember the last time a movie made me want to do that.

So far, all I know is that Abe and Arron really, really destroyed their own lives.

steam_sig.png
  • No more Mr. Nice GuyNo more Mr. Nice Guy __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2008

Primer kicks ass BTW.

Great!

Explain it

Primer

All of it.

I don't think it'll matter to you since you can't read it anyway. :P

Explanation would still be nice.

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Spoiler:

You're pretty good at being a douche. I solute you.

Anyways...

Primer is a very good movie. Even when you have no idea what's going on, it's still fun to watch. I watched it two or three times before I gave up and just read the Wiki entry and the official forums to get it all figured out, and there's absolutely no way, if these explanations are accurate, that anyone with an IQ under 200 could figure it out.

JKKaAGp.png
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Spoiler:

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Spoiler:

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that

It is validating, really.

I really think my favorite part of the movie was the very beginning. It reminded me of when I was a little kid helping out some of my family friends who were engineers. Which makes sense, I suppose, since the writer is an engineer.

edited February 2008
    I'm sorry, but I really don't see what can be explained that hasn't already been explained. I don't really appreciate being called a douche, which I'm not, and I don't like that I got a weird private message from "No More Mr. Nice Guy" (Who is now banned. Probably not related.) that contained the letters "nt" (Whatever that means) with the title "douche". Actually, it just left me confused. The message that is. Not the movie.

• KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sorry to bring this thread back from it's week long deadness, but I just watched Primer and oh god.

So good.

The only part I'm still confused about after reading the wiki timelines are
    Spoiler:

edit: There's some things you can explain Jasoco, if you've even seen the movie. (Because honestly, going into a discussion going 'OMG I R SMRT I KNO STORY FULLY' and then beating around the bush doesn't contribute much to the actual thread)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Kajusta wrote: »
    Sorry to bring this thread back from it's week long deadness, but I just watched Primer and oh god.

So good.

The only part I'm still confused about after reading the wiki timelines are
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

OTP.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt Damn you, eidetic memory! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The handwriting thing is never explained, but just consider it a sign that there is some sort of adverse neurological effect to using the box.

Origin ID: Null_Cypher
    Thomas-Vail.png
  • KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, thanks for clearing part a up. Makes a whole lot more sense now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2008
    Great, great movie.

It makes me wonder, though
    Spoiler:

idiot.jpg
13»