As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Meet your new President of the United States

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Anytime someone mentions Nader, I can only think of:
    503430teenagemutantninjlf4.jpg

mcp on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Honestly? I've always viewed the American president as sort of a figurehead.

Meissnerd on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    every single turtle looks like Kel

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    He was still a better choice than Gore.
    I refuse to believe that Gore would have shat all over the role of executive power.

Aneurhythmia on
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ruckus wrote: »
    At this point, McCain is the only conservative candidate, and he agrees with my personal political beliefs a lot more than Obama does. He's done and said some things I disagree with, but I haven't really seen anything as bad as the kind of stuff that Romney and Huckabee got up to over the course of the campaign.

In my opinion, Obama's a lot of big talk and if he becomes President people are going to be very disappointed.

If I remember correctly, Bush was a lot of small talk, was appointed president, and people were very dissappointed.

Elected, not appointed. But let's not start that again.

To be fair, your economy would have ended up in a recession either way, just with Gore it would probably have been due to reducing polution/global warming.

Ruckus on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Obama is handsomer and that is all that matters in a president.

ChicoBlue on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I refuse to believe that Gore would have shat all over the role of executive power.

He would have had the exact same reaction to 9/11 that Clinton had to the terrorist attacks that happened during his Presidency, which would have resulted in things getting a whole lot worse.

For all the bad stuff Bush has done, the war in Afghanistan was quick and clean and knocked out a huge base of terrorist support.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Obama is a pretty good speaker with some fresh ideas and god who gives a fuck this whole circle-jerk circus is a big distraction anyway so the good and the bad can all be pinned on one Orwellian avatar for a party's ideas

Skull Man on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    For all the bad stuff Bush has done, the war in Afghanistan was quick and clean and knocked out a huge base of terrorist support.

this is one of a handful of things i actually give him credit for

mrpaku on
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

He would have had the exact same reaction to 9/11 that Clinton had to the terrorist attacks that happened during his Presidency, which would have resulted in things getting a whole lot worse.

Uh, it's not done yet.

We're most likely recommitting until 2011, and we hope to have the Afghan National Army somewhat trained by then.

Ruckus on
    edited February 2008

Uh, it's not done yet.

We're most likely recommitting until 2011, and we hope to have the Afghan National Army somewhat trained by then.

Mission-accomplished.jpg

Can't you read

Skull Man on
    edited February 2008
    mrpaku wrote: »

What? There are still NATO forces in Afghanistan.

Meissnerd on
    edited February 2008
    I hate that picture so much.

mcp on
    edited February 2008
    Skull Man on
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    mccain sounds too much like mcbain, and then i can't take him seriously
    and ron paul sounds too much like rupaul, and that's not a good thing
    obama makes me think of photobama
    all i can think of when i think of clinton is collages made up of her goofy face

i think i'll just write myself in

potatoe on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Meissnerd wrote: »

okay, i agree less with the wording of what Centipede said than the sentiment that Bush handled Afghanistan like a leader you wouldn't be totally ashamed of

mrpaku on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    yeah, no one thought Afghanistan was a bad idea, but yet again the country is going to shit

FAQ on
    edited February 2008
    Meissnerd wrote: »

okay, i agree less with the wording of what Centipede said than the sentiment that Bush handled Afghanistan like a leader you wouldn't be totally ashamed of

Alright, that's fair. Just talking about it like it's over and done is ridiculous. Canada is vowing to leave by 2009 if more NATO forces don't share the brunt of the work.

Meissnerd on
  • DakalDakal Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

What fucking planet are you on?

Afghanistan is a fucking BREEDING GROUND for terrorism right now. After the majority of your troops went into Iraq the show was over. We (by this I mean NATO and Canadian Troops) have been hanging onto what little we control, which is nothing because we cant control the mountains that surround the damned country.

Quick and Clean? Afghanistan is quickly turning into the new Iraq because of the lack of support your country has given to the fight it started.

Dakal on
    edited February 2008
    Goddamnit, Centipede.

Send us some troops, you asshole.

It's your goddamn country.

ChicoBlue on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Dakal wrote: »

What fucking planet are you on?

Afghanistan is a fucking BREEDING GROUND for terrorism right now. After the majority of your troops went into Iraq the show was over. We (by this I mean NATO and Canadian Troops) have been hanging onto what little we control, which is nothing because we cant control the mountains that surround the damned country.

Quick and Clean? Afghanistan is quickly turning into the new Iraq because of the lack of support your country has given to the fight it started.

Mission Accomplished!

The Otaku Suppository on
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i say just start throwing bombs everywhere and anywhere

so what if we kill a few friendlies

i'd rather bomb 100 innocent cities than let one terrorist escape

potatoe on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    hillary has surpassed jackface 10 fold

PiptheFair on
    edited February 2008
    I will pull out so hard it will spread a stream of shit across your face for decades to come!

Dakal on
    edited February 2008
    Afghanistan is a cluster fuck, and this is the first time I've ever heard someone say it's been handled properly.

mcp on
    edited February 2008
    Thats cause Centipede is addicted to all the opium they keep smuggling out of the country.

Dakal on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    At this point, McCain is the only conservative candidate, and he agrees with my personal political beliefs a lot more than Obama does. He's done and said some things I disagree with, but I haven't really seen anything as bad as the kind of stuff that Romney and Huckabee got up to over the course of the campaign.

In my opinion, Obama's a lot of big talk and if he becomes President people are going to be very disappointed.

If I remember correctly, Bush was a lot of small talk, was appointed president, and people were very dissappointed.

Elected, not appointed. But let's not start that again.

To be fair, your economy would have ended up in a recession either way, just with Gore it would probably have been due to reducing polution/global warming.

Bush nor Gore would have been responsible for the recession. It was already taking place at the tail end of the Clinton administration. 911 made what was already happening worse.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited February 2008
    THIS JUST IN THE ECONOMY MOVES IN CYCLES

MORE AT 11

or rather, less

Skull Man on
    edited February 2008
    BUT BUTTERS THE PRESIDENT IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ECONOMICS AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUTSIDE FACTORS

PiptheFair on
    edited February 2008
    who ok'd the whole subprime mortgage thing anyway?

Dakal on
    edited February 2008
    this also just in, the president has significantly less to do with the the economy than the media and idiots would lead you to believe

PiptheFair on
    edited February 2008

stupid people that caused a frenzy that self-corrected by exploding in their stupid faces?

it was a private sector thing

PiptheFair on
    edited February 2008

Actually I believe you can blame the deregulation of credit interest on the Clintons but don't quote me on that. Bottom line is fucking people in the ass the way banks and creditors do now used to be illegal.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited February 2008
    Butters wrote: »

Actually I believe you can blame the deregulation of credit interest on the Clintons but don't quote me on that. Bottom line is fucking people in the ass the way banks and creditors do now used to be illegal.

It still is in more civilized countries. ;)

Jokes aside, that was a stupid move on the part of whoever deregulated it.

Dakal on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Can I borrow your crystal ball?

Aneurhythmia on
    edited February 2008
    Butters wrote: »

It still is in more civilized countries. ;)

Jokes aside, that was a stupid move on the part of whoever deregulated it.

It's wrong what creditors have been doing but the buck still stops at the idiot who agreed to sign the contract. They were taking advantage of ignorant people who are too impatient to live within their means.

Butters on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

IT WAS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited February 2008

Uh, it's not done yet.

The war is over, we're into the occupation now. It's a whole different thing. World War II ended in 1945, but we didn't leave Germany until 1949. We have never completely left anyhow. Granted, the resistance to the occupation is stronger than the Nazi holdouts in Germany, but once you've dismantled the government of a country and set up bases inside of it, the war portion of your offensive is over.

Centipede Damascus on
    edited February 2008
    Can I borrow your crystal ball?

No way man, this thing is going to help me play the stock market like a fiddle.

Centipede Damascus on
    edited February 2008
    But this is a War on Terrorism.

HOW CAN YOU SETUP BASES IN AND OCCUPY TERRORISM?

Oh god ohgodod

ChicoBlue on