As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Games you miss?

• ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Syndicate Plus for PC (I don't know if it came out on anything else). I was like 6 and had no idea what I was doing in that game but damn it was fun. I want to go back and play it now that I'll be able to understand it.

Also, Police Quest II and Conquests of the Longbow.

And SimFarm, and SimAnt... and basically all my ooollllllddd PC games.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    ...I traded in all my SNES games for a N64, an extra controller and KIGold. I have all the Donkey Kongs, Zelda, all the classics. Gone...For KIGOLD! I still hate that decision.

I don't even remember what I traded my 64 and my games for, all I know is that their gone:(

Admittedly, I still miss my SNES. Link to the Past... Killer Instinct is still one of my favorite fighters of all time. At first I was the masta with Jago but in the end of my time with it I became all about Sabrewulf.

It was beautiful. One day I went over to a friend's friend's house for his birthday party. For some reason the guy had never liked me, but whatever. I spent the first half of the night in the basement with his girlfriend, who was terribly distraught because she felt the need to break up with him, but certainly couldn't do such a thing on his birthday. I gave her sound counsel, and went back upstairs to the party where the birthday boy promptly declared he could whup anybody's ass in Killer Instinct.

"Excuse me?" I said. "I'll bet you that king sized pack of Pez candy on your kitchen counter that you couldn't beat me. Sabrewulf, baby!"

"Sabrewulf is slow as shit - you're on!"

The best thing about Killer Instinct is how you can beat the crap out of someone, give it the input for an Ultra Combo at the end of the fight, walk into the kitchen, take your Pez and come back into the living room before your foe hits the ground.

Postscript: His soon-to-be-ex girlfriend and I were together for two years. Good times - she had a Playstation.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Another Dreamcast, here. Lent it to a friend, along with everything I had for it (except the browser, I guess.. 2.0, yipee), and never saw it again. Claims he gave it back, even though I know he didn't. I didn't have many games, but the ones I did have fucking rocked... Sonic Adventure, Jet Grind Radio, Soul Caliber (Calibur?) and Shenmue, plus a couple more I think. So much for all those.

Seeks on
    userbar.jpg
    desura_Userbar.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    traded Super Mario RPG for earthworm jim 2... still have never played more than the first five minutes of smrpg.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Retarded_TurkeyRetarded_Turkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Chance wrote: »
    Postscript: His soon-to-be-ex girlfriend and I were together for two years. Good times - she had a Playstation.

Yes! Very good sir.

Retarded_Turkey on
    camo_sig.png
  • CamuiCamui Sogekidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Marvel Vs Capcom 2.

Thread over.

Camui on
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Vagrant Story. I have no fucking clue where it ran off to and I want it back!

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I played hundreds of hours of Warcraft II but haven't touched it in like ten years

I really should

bruin on
  • CyrixdCyrixd Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    PLANETSIDE OH GOD WHY DID YOU DO IT S.O.E. YOU KILLED IT WHY WHY WHY

:( Worst thread ever

:cry:

Cyrixd on
    Nintendo ID/PSN: CyrixD
    SteamID: FronWewq
    Battle.net: Orange#1845
    3DS Friend Code: 1289-9498-5797
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Daemonion wrote: »
    That ninja turtles fighting game with donatello on the cover for the SNES.

Man, that was a sick game. I played that so much as a kid.

Turtles: Tournament Fighters?

That game kicked a LOT of ass... at least I thought so. I was the only person I knew (until now) who had actually played it. But I loved the damn thing, at least. =(

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Starcraft, Broodwar along with Diablo and Lord of Destruction.

Swear to god I've bought those three or four times now.

Also, my Ultima Underworld CD. My first RPG ever, just disappeared when I moved house once.

Kelor on
  • DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Turtles: Tournament Fighters?

YES.

TMNTtournamentfightersscreenshot.gif

Daemonion on
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory. The Versus multiplayer was some of the best gaming I've ever done. Not only that, but it had a great community, very tight knit.

It was one of the only games I know of where it took two random people, put them together, and basically forced them to be partners. I made some great friends in that game.

It makes me sad because I doubt we'll ever see a stealth based multiplayer game quite like it.

Sceptre on
  • Yellow RangerYellow Ranger Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't even want to think about some of the things I've traded off at gamestop. What the hell was my younger self thinking?

Yellow Ranger on
    sigcx.jpg
  • SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Sceptre wrote: »
    Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory. The Versus multiplayer was some of the best gaming I've ever done. Not only that, but it had a great community, very tight knit.

It was one of the only games I know of where it took two random people, put them together, and basically forced them to be partners. I made some great friends in that game.

It makes me sad because I doubt we'll ever see a stealth based multiplayer game quite like it.

oh man, chaos theory. great memories

Sueve on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX and Lego Chess.
    Link's Awakening has been lost together with the GBC I gave to my little sister when I got my GBA. I have no idea what happened to my Lego Chess disc, but I still have the manual and case somewhere.

Peewi on
  • mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    When I moved, I lost Persona 2...

I'm hopeful - I mean, I still have a couple boxes as of yet unpacked, but, the more I unpack, the more my hopes dim.

mrsnackroad on
  • VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'll give you two guesses

but you'll only need one.

Veegeezee on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I lent out the first three Phoenix Wright games and Hotel Dusk to someone I thought I could trust who then cut all contact with me :(

Janson on
  • thej3wthej3w Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Djiem wrote: »
    Don't kill me for what I am about to type, as I would myself love to go back in time and kick my own ass:

I let my mom sell our Intellivision 2 with 2 controllers and about 30+ games.

In a yard sale.

For 15 dollars.

Heh, I bought an Intellivision 2 with 2 controllers and at least 30+ games for about $15 dollars. Good times. Either I bought it, or a lot of people sold them for that price. :)

I lived in Michigan when I bought it.
    Janson wrote: »
    I lent out the first three Phoenix Wright games and Hotel Dusk to someone I thought I could trust who then cut all contact with me :(

Maybe it was just a ploy to get you to use the awesome detective skills you acquired while playing the games, to find them. In that case, it looks like you failed.

thej3w on
    J4ku.png
  • EddieDeanEddieDean Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Gunstar Heroes.

I miss the hell out of that game. I remember when I got my N64 I had to sell my MegaDrive to afford it, and on the day I did, I have GH one last play.

:(

EddieDean on
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

I don't know where it is. It's just... gone. I've never lent it to anyone, I've never taken it out of the house, it's just fucking gone! I can't find it anywhere, and it's driving me insane, not only because I had a 100% savefile on it, but because I never lose stuff unintentionally. I regret losing my SNES, but that was just 'cause I foolishly sold it.

God fucking damn it, now I'm pissed :(

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    thej3w wrote: »
    Maybe it was just a ploy to get you to use the awesome detective skills you acquired while playing the games, to find them. In that case, it looks like you failed.

I know how to get hold of them if need be...I just have too much self-dignity to go and beg for them back from someone who clearly no longer wishes to be my friend.

I'm chalking it up to poor judgement on my part and shall just have to wait until I have enough money to buy new copies. At least all of the PW games are available cheap from Capcom!

Janson on
  • ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I miss my slimline PS2, although it went for a good cause.

I gave it to a buddy of mine who loved to play Guitar Hero at my place. He could never afford a game system because he has 3 kids, and money is tight. Since I have my 360, I figured I'd stop by one day and give my PS2 to him along with GH1....felt good...totally made his day. (Gave him Katamari Damacy too for his kids, but I know he'll play it more than them, if he's knows a great game when he sees it)

I kept Shadow of the Colossus and ICO though. They sit on my shelf....beside my 360 games...one day I will buy another PS2 (perhaps used) when they are on the super cheap just for these. (Didn't want to risk not being able to find these games when that day comes)

Scotty on
  • Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I let me friend borrow Psychonauts on Xbox...

I never saw it again.

:(

Regicid3 on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    thej3w wrote: »
    Djiem wrote: »
    Don't kill me for what I am about to type, as I would myself love to go back in time and kick my own ass:

I let my mom sell our Intellivision 2 with 2 controllers and about 30+ games.

In a yard sale.

For 15 dollars.

Heh, I bought an Intellivision 2 with 2 controllers and at least 30+ games for about $15 dollars. Good times. Either I bought it, or a lot of people sold them for that price. :)

I lived in Michigan when I bought it.

Well, did you drive all the way to Québec to get it? If so, I'll buy it back! :P

Hey, I just thought of two games I lost the way someone described earlier in this thread (like, not sold, not lent ever, they just vanished away). Mario Paint for SNES and a 190 games in 1 bootleg cartridge for the NES. I found the former one a few years ago (I think it got into the crack in the sofa and then somehow managed to get into the sofa), and I still miss the latter.

Djiem on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Standard 'parents gave away' story. Can't remember too many of the titles, but what I lost was:

- Blade Runner (man, do you know how awesome that game was? ). Original, boxed with manuals.

- Sam & Max Hit the Road (Managed to pick it up again as part of an LA adventure pack). Original, boxed with manuals

- Earthsiege 2 (didn't mind)

- I think this is what happened to my copy of System Shock 2 as well. Original, boxed, with manuals.

I also lost Star Trek: The Next Generation: A Final Unity. Can't say I cared much for it though.

subedii on
  • mongrolmongrol Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tribes and Tribes 2. Nothing will ever come close to playing top level euro ladder games. I miss Asherons Call too, the early days when level 20 was a big deal.

mongrol on
  • LethardicusLethardicus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    this threads making me tear up, goddamnit guys. i miss my NES...so, so, bad...

Lethardicus on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm with you mongrol and veegeezee. Tribes and Tribes 2 are some of my best gaming memories. I'll also miss PSO (PSU does not exist!) and MGS3's online component.

Great times that I can never have again...

Renzo on
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Snatcher. One of my favorite games of all time. And bonus points for being on Sega CD. I would KILL for a 360 port.

Also L.O.R.D. from my BBS days. Anyone else play that at all?

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • SparrowSparrow Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Darkstalkers ALL OF THEM

Curse you trade in values! Why was I so ignorant?

Sparrow on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fearsomepiratefearsomepirate I ate a pickle once. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I miss my Atari 2600 and all 63 games I had. It got murdered by a flood. When my mom discovered all the mold on the system and carts, she threw it out. IT COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED!!! *sob*

fearsomepirate on
    Nobody makes me bleed my own blood...nobody.
    PSN ID: fearsomepirate
  • War BastardWar Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Been missing WoW, just like Chance.

Been hoping to fix that crack addiction with a reinstall of Oblivion and a shitload of modding. Even still, I can already feel Warhammer's icy fingers around my throat.

War Bastard on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was a stick.
  • shyguyshyguy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I miss my Genesis.

After I graduated from college in '06, I decided that I needed to keep as little junk at my parents' house as possible, since I was about to move to another state.

To this end, I took my model 1 Genesis, two six-button controllers, and collection of games (including Gunstar Heroes, Phantasy Star 4, Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles, Rocket Knight Adventures, Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat 2, Earthworm Jim, and others) and dropped it off a the GoodWill along with a huge box of other stuff.

I don't regret the decision; there's no way I could have taken the Genesis with me, I'm only at my parents' a couple times a year and don't spend any time playing games when I am, and eventually I'll be able to get all of my old Genesis games on the virtual console anyway. But damn, do I miss that Genesis.

I also dearly, dearly miss my Dreamcast. Thankfully I decided to hang onto the DC, and it's still sitting in a box somewhere in my parents' house, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it in years. Sigh. The hours I spent playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on that thing...

shyguy on
  • Matt!Matt! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The original versions of ultima online. Man I miss that shit.

The worst part is a vocal minority essentially ruined the game, and there is literally no way to get it back.

Sad.

Matt! on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I miss my Saturn. I got it around 2002, and had some great multiplayer experiences with Saturn Bomberman, Guardian Heroes, Death Tank Zwei, Puzzle Fighter, etc. There were times I'd store it away for a few months, then pull it out again when it was needed.

The last time we tried to play it, it would say "No Disc in Drive". It wouldn't even try to spin the disc when inserted. I guess the motor died. I still have it stored away. Maybe I'm hoping it'll work if I ever try it again.

I also miss WoW. I guess this doesn't really count since I've quit and resubscribed many times, and could resubscribe at any time. But I also know I'll never have the awesome experience I had when I levelled up my first character to 60, back when everything was new to everyone. Regardless, I'm going to try to get my girlfriend into playing it next weekend -- she'd actually like to play it, but isn't sure if she has the time at the moment. I think it can be done, but we'd have to play it very slowly and deliberately, which is the opposite of how I played it.

SteevL on
  • RuinsRuins Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Pilotwings.

Ruins on
    ach.png
  • DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Sceptre wrote: »

Don't kill me, but I never tried the multiplayer D: Think we can get a group of PAers and get some games going?

Also, does anyone remember Put-Put? You feed the purple car cereal with oil? Played that on my first PC back in, like, 1995.

Daemonion on
  • j0hnz3rj0hnz3r Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I just miss having real life friends to play with :(

Srsly, I remember when it was easy to find people to play Alpha 3 or Bomberman or Mario Kart. Now it's like I have to send out RSVP cards.

Stupid growing up.

j0hnz3r on
    jedi_watchtower.png