Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Kids these days

1235789

Posts

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oden wrote: »
    i really like mel gibson

    mel gibson is the example i use of how i can enjoy the work of an artist

    but find them odious as a person

    and divorce the two from each other so long as one isn't built on the other

  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oden wrote: »
    i really like mel gibson
    Mel Gibson thinks his wife is going to hell because she is not a part of his particular religion.

    He's not exactly a great person.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Glorfindel wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Glorfindel wrote: »
    how long does it take you guys to poop that you have to read?

    look man i don't know about you

    but i'm a big guy

    and i'm a big eater

    now, i could put on the pressure, jam that out there, get the job done, wipe and get the fuck going

    and sometimes, that is how it's gotta be

    i gotta leave for work or whatever

    but if i got the time, i'm going to relax and take it easy

    you know how elvis died?

    on the shitter, from a heart attack

    relax

    read a newspaper, give it some time

    ahahaha

    I can't really wrap my head around that I guess, but whatever floats your boat (log).
    I can wrap your head around it for 5 bucks.

    MVCVenom.jpg
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Oden wrote: »
    i really like mel gibson
    hey oden

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Einhander wrote: »
    Einhander wrote: »
    Szechuanosaurus you're kinda dumb.


    Damn. Einhander, coming from you...anybody else...but, from you...a man of your caliber, the amount of respect you get I...coming from you...I...



    I could care less.

    Aren't you late for a Nintendo fanwank in G&T or something?

    Oh shit, is that the time already!?

    Wait a...Nintendo fanwank? I don't attend those things. Why you young scamp!
    go for the avatar, it's his weak point, tell him you hate it

    MVCVenom.jpg
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Coldbrand wrote: »
    Pony how come you're never on AIM anymore?

    my computer is fucked up

    it takes me so much work to get anything except itunes and ie running that generally i don't bother to turn on aim or msn

  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Einhander wrote: »
    Pony you've seen Conspiracy Theory, right? Because the main character in that movie was played by mel Gibson and he was conditioned by the government to buy a copy of Catcher in the Rye every time he saw it so he'd be easier for them to track.

    I thought he was too whiny and pathetic as a character as well. It's a decent book to read just so you can say you've read it I guess, but it's not something I would reccomend people to read on it's story alone.

    It seems to be a decent example of a piece of media that isn't very good getting wrapped up in a lot of hype and making people think it's a lot better than it really is. Like Caligula.

    Or Mein Kampf.

    Or Katie 'Jordan' Price's autobiog.

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Einhander wrote: »
    Pony you've seen Conspiracy Theory, right? Because the main character in that movie was played by mel Gibson and he was conditioned by the government to buy a copy of Catcher in the Rye every time he saw it so he'd be easier for them to track.

    I thought he was too whiny and pathetic as a character as well. It's a decent book to read just so you can say you've read it I guess, but it's not something I would reccomend people to read on it's story alone.

    It seems to be a decent example of a piece of media that isn't very good getting wrapped up in a lot of hype and making people think it's a lot better than it really is. Like Caligula.

    it's funny, i haaaate catcher in the rye

    but i loved the great gatsby, it's one of my favorite books ever

    and apparently this is an uncommon opinion

  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Oden wrote: »
    i really like mel gibson

    mel gibson is the example i use of how i can enjoy the work of an artist

    but find them odious as a person

    and divorce the two from each other so long as one isn't built on the other

    the other being kanye west
    Oden wrote: »
    i really like mel gibson
    hey oden

    8-)

  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2008
    Coldbrand are you still butthurt about that time you tried to post a new comic thread at two in the morning and then acted all sheepish when everyone called you retarded for it?

  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Coldbrand wrote: »
    go for the avatar, it's his weak point, tell him you hate it

    Let's face it, Einhander is pretty much one big walking, breathing weak point.

    I say walking, breathing. It's an either/or situation with Einy.

  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    but i loved the great gatsby, it's one of my favorite books ever

    and apparently this is an uncommon opinion

    <3

    btw Braveheart is a pile of stinking poo

    sharasugar_80.png sharanomsugar_80.png
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2008
    Or Mein Kampf.

    Or Katie 'Jordan' Price's autobiog.

    Exactly. I take back most of the mean things I ever said about you.

    edit: Wait a minute no I don't fuck you

  • ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Einhander wrote: »
    Coldbrand are you still butthurt about that time you tried to post a new comic thread at two in the morning and then acted all sheepish when everyone called you retarded for it?

    no I just really hate your avatar, I never cared in the first place about what was basically me being incoherent at five in the morning

    edit: no, only you brought up that it was late, everyone else just posted, the point is, change your fucking avatar, that baby should be fed to an ork

    MVCVenom.jpg
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    you should see how much hate i got for liking pride and prejudice

    huh

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's really quite sad how it's so 'uncool' to like girly stuff

    sharasugar_80.png sharanomsugar_80.png
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The Great Gatsby is a pretty good book. Its a nice quick read, tells a good story and has a brilliant ending.

    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    What would be your ultimate slam dunk??
    I would dunk it so hard my parents would love each other again
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    you know what book made me uncomfortable to read and actually left me feeling kind of weird and upset?

    the talented mr. ripley

    it's a short list of books that have provoked a strong emotional reaction out of me

    but that one

    it left me in this weird kind of shaken state after and i've never tried to read it again

    the movie left me similarily distressed

  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Janson wrote: »
    It's really quite sad how it's so 'uncool' to like girly stuff

    Similar to the perception that men can't write a decent romance novel

    Some of my favourite romances are by male authors

    sharasugar_80.png sharanomsugar_80.png
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    it's like when i was in high school

    my english teacher recommended i read catcher in the rye

    that i would like it, that i have so much in common with holden and the book will really speak to me and all that

    i trusted her opinion on the subject so i gave it a read

    did you know it is one of the few books i can say, definitively, that i hate?

    Yeah but
    Catcher in the Rye.
    Are you surprised?

  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2008
    Coldbrand if the worst thing you can think of about me is my avatar, then I'm a step ahead of you already.

    I haven't read The Talented Mr. Ripley but people have told me I should. I sort of enjoyed the movie, mainly because of the juggling he had to do to keep people from finding out.

  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I love a good romance plot, especially when its written into an epic masterpiece story.

    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    What would be your ultimate slam dunk??
    I would dunk it so hard my parents would love each other again
  • yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2008
    i fuckin HATE romance

    ssseeee.gif
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Einhander wrote: »
    Coldbrand if the worst thing you can think of about me is my avatar, then I'm a step ahead of you already.

    I haven't read The Talented Mr. Ripley but people have told me I should. I sort of enjoyed the movie, mainly because of the juggling he had to do to keep people from finding out.

    i found it really interesting, i couldn't put the book down when i read it

    the movie was difficult for me to watch since i already knew the book

    it just made me really uncomfortable because hey

    i could be tom ripley

    it would be so easy

    and that very much disturbs me

  • ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    hahahaha who was it that made the solid argument that pride and prejudice was the foundation of the shitty romantic comedy, that was so much fun

    MVCVenom.jpg
  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Janson wrote: »
    It's really quite sad how it's so 'uncool' to like girly stuff

    yeah but generally speaking who gives a shit about the people who thinks it is uncool to like particular girly stuff

  • RingoRingo Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    i fuckin HATE romance


    Yeah, and you're terrible at foreplay as well.

    ceres wrote: »
    I'm just going to go ahead and lock this thread before I feel any worse about humanity.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG now featured at the Exigency Forum
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I hate "love at first sight" bullshit romance.

    But real romance can be so convincing and assuringly human and multi-layered that you cannot help but enjoy it.

    If you have a soul.

    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    What would be your ultimate slam dunk??
    I would dunk it so hard my parents would love each other again
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    i fuckin HATE romance

    There's romance as in Mills & Boone and then there's romance as in straight fiction with a love story attached

    I'm talking about the latter

    sharasugar_80.png sharanomsugar_80.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oden wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »
    It's really quite sad how it's so 'uncool' to like girly stuff

    yeah but generally speaking who gives a shit about the people who thinks it is uncool to like particular girly stuff

    here here

    i did ballet when i was a kid

    i was one of two dudes in my class

    the other dude, it was like his secret shame

    i was like maaaan, who gives a shit

  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Last year, I asked my English teacher if you had to read Catcher for Contemporary Lit. He tells me that you get to pick which book you read that unit, and that just happens to be one of the choices.
    He then goes on to say, "I didn't like it, myself. Too much of a downer."
    Kid next to me goes, "What do you mean?"
    Me: "Holden Caulfield is a whiny little bitch."
    Teacher: "Basically."

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    romance is pretty much like comedy in that when it is written well, i love it

    when it is written badly, it can poison everything else it is in

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    Last year, I asked my English teacher if you had to read Catcher for Contemporary Lit. He tells me that you get to pick which book you read that unit, and that just happens to be one of the choices.
    He then goes on to say, "I didn't like it, myself. Too much of a downer."
    Kid next to me goes, "What do you mean?"
    Me: "Holden Caulfield is a whiny little bitch."
    Teacher: "Basically."

    h5 wiggin

  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    romance is pretty much like comedy in that when it is written well, i love it

    when it is written badly, it can poison everything else it is in

    This is 100% the God's own truth.

    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    What would be your ultimate slam dunk??
    I would dunk it so hard my parents would love each other again
  • yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2008
    Janson wrote: »
    i fuckin HATE romance

    There's romance as in Mills & Boone and then there's romance as in straight fiction with a love story attached

    I'm talking about the latter

    in my house we used to have a stack of harlequin romance novels about four feet high, lining a wall for about fourteen feet

    ssseeee.gif
  • ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Pony one of the upgrades for the Dark Eldar commander in Soulstorm is a fucking dead skin mask stretched out over his face that grates enemy morale, I just wanted to say that to someone who might appreciate it

    MVCVenom.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Mr LeGro was a pretty bitchin' teacher.
    My Contemp Lit teacher was handing out the books for this unit, which is the one with Catcher.
    She's saying "Catcher in the Rye is a great book."
    I'm in the back going "Stop lying to these kids."

  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Janson wrote: »
    i fuckin HATE romance

    There's romance as in Mills & Boone and then there's romance as in straight fiction with a love story attached

    I'm talking about the latter

    in my house we used to have a stack of harlequin romance novels about four feet high, lining a wall for about fourteen feet

    Well then

    sharasugar_80.png sharanomsugar_80.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Coldbrand wrote: »
    Pony one of the upgrades for the Dark Eldar commander in Soulstorm is a fucking dead skin mask stretched out over his face that grates enemy morale, I just wanted to say that to someone who might appreciate it

    so they decided to go with the terrifying cenobite-like dark eldar

    good

    i always preferred them to the whiney emokid dark eldar

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Janson wrote: »
    i fuckin HATE romance

    There's romance as in Mills & Boone and then there's romance as in straight fiction with a love story attached

    I'm talking about the latter

    in my house we used to have a stack of harlequin romance novels about four feet high, lining a wall for about fourteen feet

    look at this guy

    in my house we just used firewood

    mister fancy man

Sign In or Register to comment.