As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey, [Chat], wish me luck!

• Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    I'm very happy to be completely done with college.
    So what's next for you, then?
    For the time being, nothing really. There's a possibility my family will be moving next year, so I don't really want to make any major life decisions right now. I've got a job working from home, so that part is covered. For the rest, I'll just have to wait and see.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Haphazard wrote:
    Great.

Cel, an_alt... who of you two is right about GnR?

Round 1 begins in 10 seconds.
    Dude, he's "an_alt" aka "I made this account just to troll" and you're going to seriously ask that question?

Ok, I didn´t really think about it.

I withdraw my question.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    stilist wrote:
    DiscGrace wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    I'm very happy to be completely done with college.
    So what's next for you, then?
    For the time being, nothing really. There's a possibility my family will be moving next year, so I don't really want to make any major life decisions right now. I've got a job working from home, so that part is covered. For the rest, I'll just have to wait and see.

come and teach English in Japan for a year

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Haphazard wrote:
    Great.

Cel, an_alt... who of you two is right about GnR?

Round 1 begins in 10 seconds.

Acquire a copy of 'IRS', 'The Blues', 'Madagascar', and 'Better'. I'll let you come to your own conclusion. Just because Axl is a nutcase spending 10 years and at least that many million trying to make the best album evar doesn't mean the new songs aren't awesome.

Than: I'd opt for Velvet Revolver bootlegs instead of albums. They're great in concert, but the studio versions of the same songs are rather disappointing.

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    an_alt wrote:
    Hacksaw: Yes, I hopped a ferry, crossed a border, had the car searched and made it to Everett.

Haphazard and Thanatos: The new GnR lineup (especially the 2002 version) is quite a bit better than the real GnR lineup. Axl can still scream, I mean he did the full power 10+ second scream in IRS (new song) at the Everett show and the crowd was talking about how good he sounded afterwards.
    Black'd for "no way in hell that could possibly be true."

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    You know, I don't quite get bidets. So you have an ass with a fair amount of dookie on it, and you spray it with a jet of water? Doesn't that cause dookie particulate to kinda go flying hither and yon? I mean, wiping at least ensures that the dookie stays where you want it to.
    I think you're supposed to wipe first

I'm afraid to use the ones in my office though as I don't underatand all the buttons and even the toilets in the guys bathroom have female options.
    So, a guy is working at his job in an office and he has to take a dump. However, the men's bathroom is out of order, so he asks his supervisor if it's okay if he uses the women's bathroom. "Yeah, go ahead," his supervisor says, "just don't push any of the buttons." Well, the guy thinks "that's kind of weird," but goes ahead and uses the bathroom. As he's finishing up, he goes to wipe, and notices these four buttons. "What the hell could those be for?" Figuring "what the hell, how bad could it be?" he presses the first button, and cold water shoots into his butt. "Well, that's not so bad," he thinks, so he presses the second button, and warm water shoots into his butt. "Hey, that's pretty good," so he presses the third button, and hot water shoots into his butt. "This place is great!" And he hits the fourth button.

He wakes up in the hospital, doped up, with his supervisor standing over him. He asks "what was the fourth button?" His supervisor replies "automatic tampon remover."
    this joke makes no sense

t Locks: I am not a very good teacher.

stilist on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    stilist wrote:
    this joke makes no sense
    It makes perfect sense. It's just not very good.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    stilist wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    You know, I don't quite get bidets. So you have an ass with a fair amount of dookie on it, and you spray it with a jet of water? Doesn't that cause dookie particulate to kinda go flying hither and yon? I mean, wiping at least ensures that the dookie stays where you want it to.
    I think you're supposed to wipe first

I'm afraid to use the ones in my office though as I don't underatand all the buttons and even the toilets in the guys bathroom have female options.
    So, a guy is working at his job in an office and he has to take a dump. However, the men's bathroom is out of order, so he asks his supervisor if it's okay if he uses the women's bathroom. "Yeah, go ahead," his supervisor says, "just don't push any of the buttons." Well, the guy thinks "that's kind of weird," but goes ahead and uses the bathroom. As he's finishing up, he goes to wipe, and notices these four buttons. "What the hell could those be for?" Figuring "what the hell, how bad could it be?" he presses the first button, and cold water shoots into his butt. "Well, that's not so bad," he thinks, so he presses the second button, and warm water shoots into his butt. "Hey, that's pretty good," so he presses the third button, and hot water shoots into his butt. "This place is great!" And he hits the fourth button.

He wakes up in the hospital, doped up, with his supervisor standing over him. He asks "what was the fourth button?" His supervisor replies "automatic tampon remover."
    this joke makes no sense

t Locks: I am not a very good teacher.
    Imagine a machine that removes tampons.

Now, imagine using said machine on a guy.

And RBB, I never claimed it was good; Locksly's statement just reminded me of it.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Dude, he's "an_alt" aka "I made this account just to troll" and you're going to seriously ask that question?

Hey, I made this account to ask ElJeffe to help me figure out why my actual account disappeared during some forum trouble. Since I couldn't keep my old join date, there was no point redoing the old account.

Than: line them up on a 1-1 basis. Slash is cool and a really good guitarist, but Buckethead/Bumblefoot are technically superior. Keep going all the way down the line.

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I hear they have toilets you have to stand in, in Japan. Is this true, Locks.

y/n

Also, my pony statement last page was no joke.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Haphazard wrote:

y/n

Well, they have toilets you can stand over. You have to in fact. There are two stalls in the ground floor bathroom of my office. One contains a many-buttoned technological marvel of modern waste elimination, the other has a white porcelin hole in the floor. With a roll of toilet paper next to it.

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Thanatos wrote:

No, see, I get the joke, but it doesn't make any sense beyond the surface. I mean, an automatic tampon-remover? I can't imagine them getting any volunteers to test the things before public release. "Whoops, looks like that's not the tampon. Shall we try again? No? Ok, we'll pay for the medical bills, I guess."

stilist on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ALocksly wrote:
    Haphazard wrote:

y/n

Well, they have toilets you can stand over. You have to in fact. There are two stalls in the ground floor bathroom of my office. One contains a many-buttoned technological marvel of modern waste elimination, the other has a white porcelin hole in the floor. With a roll of toilet paper next to it.

:lol:

moniker on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    stilist wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

No, see, I get the joke, but it doesn't make any sense beyond the surface. I mean, an automatic tampon-remover? I can't imagine them getting any volunteers to test the things before public release. "Whoops, looks like that's not the tampon. Shall we try again? No? Ok, we'll pay for the medical bills, I guess."
    It's a joke. As in fiction.

Just set yourself on fire.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Mhm, that´s the stall I was thinking about, Locks.

A bit strange for western eyes.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    an_alt wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

Hey, I made this account to ask ElJeffe to help me figure out why my actual account disappeared during some forum trouble. Since I couldn't keep my old join date, there was no point redoing the old account.

Than: line them up on a 1-1 basis. Slash is cool and a really good guitarist, but Buckethead/Bumblefoot are technically superior. Keep going all the way down the line.
    I do hereby revoke your status as soul-possessing, cognitively-driven, love-feeling human being. You, sir, are now officially subhuman.

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

Basically, I'm being an asshole about it because I didn't like the joke, and because I wondered how it felt. Having tried it, I don't expect I'll be doing it again in the near future.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    I do hereby revoke your status as soul-possessing, cognitively-driven, love-feeling human being. You, sir, are now officially subhuman.

I'm not arguing song writing (very little data on the new guys), but just technical ability. You're telling me that Slash can do this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=j5ScVSFwIyQ

I'll give you that he is insane, but seriously that's nowhere near the best solo of his I've heard.

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    stilist wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

Basically, I'm being an asshole about it because I didn't like the joke, and because I wondered how it felt. Having tried it, I don't expect I'll be doing it again in the near future.

setting yourself on fire or trying to automatically remove a non-existant tampon?

ALocksly on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    ALocksly wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

setting yourself on fire or trying to automatically remove a non-existant tampon?
    Neither option is particularly good, so I decline answering.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Sometimes I think I'm like a chocoholic, only for booze.

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Gotta hit the sack, [chat] denizens.

Cya in a few hours.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    an_alt wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

I'm not arguing song writing (very little data on the new guys), but just technical ability. You're telling me that Slash can do this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=j5ScVSFwIyQ

I'll give you that he is insane, but seriously that's nowhere near the best solo of his I've heard.
    Slash is one of the most technically gifted guitar players to ever touch the instrument, end of discussion. I don't care what that guy does, he's no fucking Slash.

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Night Hap

ALocksly on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I didn't say he was Slash. I said he was better.

The riffs on Appetite are some of my favourites in all of rock, but man... just listen: http://youtube.com/watch?v=kPAxKf1LRzk. This is actually a much better representation. Plus, he plays fuckin' Star Wars!

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
  • Options
    MutePrezMutePrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    so apparently, if you snip the tip you're not as likely to get aids.

MutePrez on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    I used this Onion quote the other week, dude.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Piping Cake in Vent (hopefully)?

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

Pointing out a lack of originality in others could be construed as mean, Dyna.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:
    Piping Cake in Vent (hopefully)?

I wish I could listen at work.

By the time I get home most of you fine folks have already crashed for the night.

ALocksly on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

This is going to be a fun couple of weeks, isn't it?

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

If you look hard enough, I'm sure every single one of my posts ever made could be construed as mean.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    MutePrez wrote:
    You could also, you know...wear a condom. I mean, I know it's not quite as much fun, but I really don't see penis surgery being a barrel of laughs itself.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

I finished the cookies. Thanks again!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    DiscGrace wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

You're welcome! Hey, there's something on your nose ... is it ... brown?

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Someone get in Vent and listen to this goddamned music. I'm not piping this for my health, you know.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    DiscGrace wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

I didn't say if they were good.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    DiscGrace wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    DiscGrace wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

I didn't say if they were good.

Were they?

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Oh hell yeah. Only wish there had been more. What is your favorite type of cookie?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    MutePrezMutePrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    bone daddy wrote:
    MutePrez wrote:
    You could also, you know...wear a condom. I mean, I know it's not quite as much fun, but I really don't see penis surgery being a barrel of laughs itself.

Well, yea. They're not saying circumcision would fix everything. When I said "less likely to get aids", I wasn't saying "ironclad defense against hiv". It's pretty smart to wear a condom either way.

What they say in the article is that some major charities are thinking about offering circumcisions to people in Africa, because shit, they need all the help they can get over there.

MutePrez on
This discussion has been closed.