As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So my mom lied to me...SPECIAL NEWS PAGE 13

• JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Cum Hero wrote: »
    Veretas wrote: »
    I hate to resuscitate this dying thread but I thought I would enlighten you all to what happened, at least at what I can piece together.

My parents are getting a divorce a bloo bloo bloo

Aside from this my mom decided it might be a good idea to try ONLINE DATING, which is like trying to forcibly wrap a wrinkly old withered vagina onto a perfectly nice penis, or something. She met this guy from Spain, I've heard his sultry Spaniard voice but his name is Taylor or Tristan or some shit. Well he and my mother always had little 'phone-dates' for a good 4-5 months.

Then he e-mailed her saying "Gimme $20,000 and I'll give you $3.2million." My mother, being the somewhat slow old lady that she is, happily agreed.

Now that last part is what she said to her friends, but I seriously think she is still lying and all that shit. And honestly I am pretty mad at her for doing all of this. $20,000 was all she had to her name by the way. She ain't a working girl.

holy crap is your mom indigoapocalypse?

$20,000? Yeah, one sec, I have it in cash, in a bag, in my car.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    hee hee

good times

Abracadaniel on
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Jordyn wrote: »
    I hate to resuscitate this dying thread but I thought I would enlighten you all to what happened, at least at what I can piece together.

Aside from this my mom decided it might be a good idea to try ONLINE DATING, which is like trying to forcibly wrap a wrinkly old withered vagina onto a perfectly nice penis, or something. She met this guy from Spain, I've heard his sultry Spaniard voice but his name is Taylor or Tristan or some shit. Well he and my mother always had little 'phone-dates' for a good 4-5 months.

Then he e-mailed her saying "Gimme $20,000 and I'll give you $3.2million." My mother, being the somewhat slow old lady that she is, happily agreed.

Now that last part is what she said to her friends, but I seriously think she is still lying and all that shit. And honestly I am pretty mad at her for doing all of this. $20,000 was all she had to her name by the way. She ain't a working girl.

holy crap is your mom indigoapocalypse?

$20,000? Yeah, one sec, I have it in cash, in a bag, in my car.

I need to go to the store, let me borrow yo' car

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You guys, I should have you know that I am selling myself in hopes of raising money and giving Veretas $20,000. You guys wanna help out?

Lucky Cynic on
    edited March 2008
    No seriously, Ver, set up a Paypal thing, I'll shoot ya $5.

If enough people follow my example and do it, you will have quite a bit more than $5.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited March 2008
    what so she can blow it on an African Prince instead?

Abracadaniel on
    edited March 2008
    what so she can blow it on an African Prince instead?

No I meant for Vers himself. So that he can buy himself a game or something to keep his mind off of all the stupid fucking shit going on.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited March 2008
    oh cause a video game is totally gonna get your mind off that sort of thing

why not offer him a wowwy pop

Abracadaniel on
    edited March 2008
    Better than nothing? At least I am trying to help.

Lucky Cynic on
  • GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's not that his mom is stupid. She's bipolar.

My mom has bipolar, and when she goes manic, my dad takes control of the budget because my mom does stupid shit with the money when she's manic.

Vere also said that she's heavily medicated for said bipolar. Medication can really fuck up your judgment.

GoldenSeducer on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    So can lack of medicine, or imbalanced medicine =\

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    A welder here at work apparently won $50,000 dollars from a scratch-off during lunch. I do not believe any Spaniards were involved.

Dynagrip on
  • ImmolationImmolation Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    I think I once won $5 on a $2 scratch off.

That's a 250% return, so I'm pretty happy. :lol:

Immolation on
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Monkeybomb wrote: »
    Veretas, how old are you?

Hey guys, how old is Veretas?

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Nobody looks at a Japanese tourist.

Centipede Damascus on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    my dad has this whole system worked out with scratch tickets on when to cash in and how much to reinvest in tickets and so on

it's kind of retarded, but it keeps him from making the several hundred dollar sporting bets he's always talking about

mrpaku on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Any news as to the official investigation?

JoeUser on
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    oh cause a video game is totally gonna get your mind off that sort of thing

why not offer him a wowwy pop

well if he gets a wowwy pop then i wanna wowwy pop

ascot on
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    When I was in high school I worked at Safeway for a few summers. One time, I overheard this girl talking about how she had gotten an email telling her that a long-lost relative had died and that she was going to inherit a ton of money and blah blah blah.

She was ecstatic. Even though it wasn't my place as an employee at a grocery store, I tried to explain to her that it was almost certainly a scam. She didn't seem to believe me.

Women

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Aw Veretas, that is even more horrible.

I am writing a rap for you; it is about your vengeance against the Spaniard.

Muse Among Men on
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Any news as to the official investigation?

Spaniards are believed to be involved

there may or may not have been a loss of money.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
    edited March 2008
    We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money.

Centipede Damascus on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I dream of the hot girl in my maths class

The Black Hunter on
    edited March 2008
    and that's why you'll never amount to anything

Centipede Damascus on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money.

I dream of sentient pumpkins turning humans into zombie slaves.

DarkPrimus on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

The scarecrow dreamed for brains.

Veretas' mother shoulda dreamt for that.

Blake T on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

And what do loose lips sink?

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

I don't want to be rude or nothing.

But damn that is straight up stupid.

My grandparents were very shocked when we told them that the Nigerian scam email they got was... well, a scam.

"But that poor man! He needs to move his money and he came to us!"

So it's not so uncommon.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    ruzkin wrote: »

I don't want to be rude or nothing.

But damn that is straight up stupid.

My grandparents were very shocked when we told them that the Nigerian scam email they got was... well, a scam.

"But that poor man! He needs to move his money and he came to us!"

So it's not so uncommon.
    Gibbering idiots are not so uncommon either.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
    edited March 2008
    BusterK wrote: »

And what do loose lips sink?

<3

Centipede Damascus on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm amazed there is a human being left alive on the planet that thinks the internet is a place where real things happen.

The internet is the biggest lie on the planet.

Except for wikipedia.

sarukun on
  • DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    My mom has bipolar, and when she goes manic, my dad takes control of the budget because my mom does stupid shit with the money when she's manic.

Hey remember when Zero "went manic" in X5?
    zerothumb.jpg

Deusfaux on
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Woah. This was a lottery scam thing?

Shit.

Wow.

Did she actually part with any monies?

Szechuanosaurus on
  • edited March 2008
    Woah. This was a lottery scam thing?

Shit.

Wow.

Did she actually part with any monies?

About $20k to some spaniard.

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    If the FBI is involved, you can be pretty sure somebody lost some money.

sarukun on
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    So do we have someone taking odds on whether this is all actually just an elaborate scam by Veretas to have us raise money to replace the cash his mum 'lost'?

Szechuanosaurus on
  • <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So her mom lied to her.

<3 on
  • MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Heehee

I don't have the sound on and that's still priceless

someone kill her

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom