As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mysterious Baby Pictures (Update Page 8)

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Regicid3 wrote: »
    I just signed into MySpace to look up your profile to see if you're hot (can't find you!) and found out some girl I met at school who started talking to me about 3 or 4 weeks ago took me off her friends list. It also seemed like she was snubbing me at school . . .

Why?
    bangin' the football team instead

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    vsove wrote: »
    Regicid3 wrote: »
    I just signed into MySpace to look up your profile to see if you're hot (can't find you!) and found out some girl I met at school who started talking to me about 3 or 4 weeks ago took me off her friends list. It also seemed like she was snubbing me at school . . .

Why?

:'(

probably because you're a terrible human being.

i'm just guessing.

I would also venture this is the correct answer
    In fact, I think if we took a general poll
    We would find this the most popular theory

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Jordyn wrote: »
    I have this myspace page so that singer/songwriters can send me messages and stuff, but today I got a really weird message from some random person and usually I'm like, "whatever, delete" but uh...
    i hope this doesn't freak you out, but my parents had a baby picture of a little white girl. it said on the back "jordyn ****, age 7 months" with the parents' names and possibly a phone number.

i'm wondering if this is you, and how my parents came to have this picture.

-sophia

That's weird, right?

She had my last name right and I'm even white and everything. Thoughts? Comments?

sounds like a mystery for the island of LOST.

Alternate explanation: You were adopted.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    ahaha
    sorry couple pages back
    but the 'i went to high school with harvey from harvey danger'
    that was awesome
    but how did you hear that ... we were all in line at that time ... i have a horrible memory

mully on
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I went to that high school too, that harvey guy was always not sick, but not very well either.

har har man someone go to the bar with me tonight. i want to get drink drank.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    My last name isn't terrible common and Jordyn, especially spelled like it is, even less so.

Man this is fucking weird.

Well, in about 5 minutes of Googling using just your forum name here and your email from your public profile here I was able to find your last name, your livejournal, your myspace page (by searching for your first/last name), and a bunch of sites with articles/etc.

It's safe to assume that it could just be someone from any site that you frequent that has access to that much information (jordyn + your hotmail email) playing a trick on you. Or a friend. Or someone who actually has a picture of you. Or someone who has a picture of someone else with the same name.

But when you have all that information about yourself at various locations on the internet, it's trivial for someone to figure it out.

Daenris on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Daenris wrote: »
    My last name isn't terrible common and Jordyn, especially spelled like it is, even less so.

Well, in about 5 minutes of Googling using just your forum name here and your email from your public profile here I was able to find your last name, your livejournal, your myspace page (by searching for your first/last name), and a bunch of sites with articles/etc.

It's safe to assume that it could just be someone from any site that you frequent that has access to that much information (jordyn + your hotmail email) playing a trick on you. Or a friend. Or someone who actually has a picture of you. Or someone who has a picture of someone else with the same name.

But when you have all that information about yourself at various locations on the internet, it's trivial for someone to figure it out.

man is it just me or does this seem creepy to anyone else.

even if it's to prove a point.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Hell it seems creepy to me, and I posted it.

But it's still a valid point. I'm always surprised by how surprised people are that someone can find information about them on the internet.

Daenris on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    regicide is the worst human being (?)

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    the internet is a creepy place
    anything you ever wanted to know about me, you could find online
    like seriously, anything

but i don't really care
    i am not interesting enough to stalk or kill
    at the very least, maybe some hate mail

mully on
  • Options
    theDangertheDanger Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    every day I wake up, I tell myself that yes! I am good enough to kill.

theDanger on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    for instance, mully's real name is Marcos Alquierza

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    i'm of the opinion that if you really want to find out about me, good for you, you've earned the information. however i'm afraid when you find out how terribly uninteresting i am you'll be horrendously disappointed. also, i've got easy access to firearms and am hugely in favour of kneecapping.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    also regicide needs to be purged

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2008
    the first thing i found in google was Jordyn <CRANKIN-THA-FRANK>

whats with all the Crankin

Unknown User on
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    kusu is a cutie boy

<3 on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    man is SA acting slow for anyone else?

Jesus

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

But it's still a valid point. I'm always surprised by how surprised people are that someone can find information about them on the internet.

Okay smart guy
    Tell me everything about me

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't put any information about myself on the internet

because I don't want anyone knowing anything about me, ever

especially not you fuckers

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Kusuguttai wrote: »

tru dat, double true

<3 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I would be seriously surprised if anyone could find any information about me without contacting
    Poo
    TossRock
    or Robert Khoo
    and they've all probably forgotten anything I've told them

BusterK on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    BusterK wrote: »
    I would be seriously surprised if anyone could find any information about me without contacting
    Poo
    TossRock
    or Robert Khoo
    and they've all probably forgotten anything I've told them

Khoo does not forget
    Khoo does not forgive

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Do me next!

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    good luck finding any information on me

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

oh, I know that information is out there. I mean, I've written articles for stuff that have used my first and last name, it just sorta comes with the territory. And I use my real name as my username for most things. I just don't really have any friends that are big into playing tricks on people.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Framling wrote: »

Do me next!

According to Wikipedia:
    You were written by Lasse Holm and Monica Forsberg and arranged by Lennart Sjöholm, you were performed by the 16-year-old Carola Häggkvist and you won the Swedish Melodifestivalen 1983.

Also you reached 5th place on the Swedish singles charts.

BusterK on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Framling wrote: »

Do me next!

eh... I'm too lazy... I'm thinking Ben based on some posts on flyingstove and xkcd forums, along with some information about your wife... but I lack motivation to actually care if that's right or not.

I'm not suggesting that it's possible to find information about anyone, but it doesn't shock me anymore when people do.

Hell... I've got info all over the freaking place and it's ridiculously easy to find...

Now what would be cool would be if you could figure out who it was that sent the message, find a baby picture of them and send it back... of course that's asking way too much of the internet...

Daenris on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'd be surprised what people wouldn't be able to find out about me on the internet.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2008
    jordyn what is anothercastle.com

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    a website!

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2008
    where?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    keith it's where the princess is

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I would guess the internet

BusterK on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

don't care about no princess

where the white women

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    right here.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Keith wrote: »

don't care about no princess

where the white women

womyn

<3 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    where are my reparations

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    i bet if you guys wanted to you could find out where i live

and then rape me

Kovak on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008