As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kael to drop licorice and Montys in 2.4 -- SE++ Wow

• Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So yesterday we went to vanilla mech to help gear up a guildy's prot pally.

I went as a ret paladin and on the last boss I pulled over 1k dps.

It was awesome.

<3 on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    so Manif what level should I respec to prot for leveling?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    well in large groups of non caster mobs

sometimes I just want to murder things with an axe

Naw, the slow killing speed of prot is overstated even on casters.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    I fought a holy pally the other day who had some s3/s2 pvp gear and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30447 and I was in all pve gear.

That motherfucker managed to beat me I was shocked. I threw out everything I had and he still fucked me up. When that libram proc'd he'd holy shock me for like 2200

Of course when I put on my pvp gear it was different but still. I was like :O

Grath on
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    :whistle:

I keep trying to level my shaman but totems are such bullshit

stupid totems

That's exactly what turned me off from my various shamans.
    Managing totems is dogshit.

35. Hit me up on aim and I'll send you an awesome aoe grinding spec.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    :whistle:

I keep trying to level my shaman but totems are such bullshit

stupid totems

That's exactly what turned me off from my various shamans.
    Managing totems is dogshit.

35. Hit me up on aim and I'll send you an awesome aoe grinding spec.

i almost never used totems unless i was dealing with elites

otherwise it was pewpewpew shock done

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    BM hunter is great. I lead in raid DPS, I tear the living hell out of farming for materials, gold, and whatever, and in BG's I'm a killing machine with no mercy.

Now in arenas I'm fucked because of the skill involved in dancing around a fucking piece of the scenery, but hey, Blizzard hates me. GG. I can still kill people, it's just that my skills can be negated by running around a pillar like a retard.

Hunter on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't know if I'll ever be able to level a character that can't stealth again. Sneaking through caves and dungeons to find a target you're supposed to assassinate, killing him, then quitely sneaking back out is so much fun.

I get through quests so much faster, and avoid grinding through a million mobs to get to some clicky in the middle of a village.

Taking out Ordanus or whatever his name is at the top of that tree in Ashenvale was especially entertaining. I grabbed his head and had no hope of escape from the 3 druids pounding on me so I jumped off the tower to a glorious death.

Mission accomplished and the corpse run was way worth it.

Drool on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Drool wrote: »
    I don't know if I'll ever be able to level a character that can't stealth again. Sneaking through caves and dungeons to find a target you're supposed to assassinate, killing him, then quitely sneaking back out is so much fun.

I get through quests so much faster, and avoid grinding through a million mobs to get to some clicky in the middle of a village.

Taking out Ordanus or whatever his name is at the top of that tree in Ashenvale was especially entertaining. I grabbed his head and had no hope of escape from the 3 druids pounding on me so I jumped off the tower to a glorious death.

Mission accomplished and the corpse run was way worth it.
    or you just chew through those mobs as a hunter and get much more experience

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Yeah but I'm not a big fan of grinding, and I get more experince from a quick quest turn in.

Drool on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So right as we where pulling the excutioner in Heroic SH last night my boss called me. He said he no longer needs my assistance. So I am out of a job and sad. WHAT WILL WE DO TO CHEER ME UP! I suggest the killing of a lot of things.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Hunter wrote: »
    BM hunter is great. I lead in raid DPS, I tear the living hell out of farming for materials, gold, and whatever, and in BG's I'm a killing machine with no mercy.

Now in arenas I'm fucked because of the skill involved in dancing around a fucking piece of the scenery, but hey, Blizzard hates me. GG. I can still kill people, it's just that my skills can be negated by running around a pillar like a retard.

how do I boost my dps? I'm bm specd, just switched to a dps style pet (raptor for now, ravager probably at 2.4... yet my dps is just consistent. I'm do good dmg... but not great dmg.

My armory is a bit out of date But it isn't soo much different.

futility on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Here's my spec Aldaris

Your spec isn't horrible, but Spirit Bond is meh and having 8 points tied up in giving your pet more health and more armor isn't really needed for raiding. They aren't meant to pull aggro and with Imp Mend Pet and Imp Revive Pet, you can heal them or get them back without too much wasted mana.

I also like Imp Aspect of the Hawk to get more haste.

Your gear isn't horrible either, you have the right kind of stuff. Keep working to get Agility more then AP or +Crit rating items simply because agility will scale with Blessing of Kings which gives both AP and crit.

Your hit rating is a bit low, but it's because you're in blues. Once you get the 2 rings from Kara or the rep ring from Kara, and some of the T4 and off-set pieces your hit will be better. As a BM hunter who's a Belf, you need 143 (9%) to be capped against a 73 elite. Getting in the 130's is fine. 120's isn't horrible either if the trade off is more agi or AP/crit gear.

The biggest thing with BM hunter DPS is the shot rotation. You want to be at a 1:1 Auto-Steady shot rotation. This is the best bang for your mana buck for DPS. Combine this with Kill Command whenever it's up and it's DPS city. Do you use a macro or do you try to manually weave shots?

Hunter on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah but I'm not a big fan of grinding, and I get more experince from a quick quest turn in.
    not really
    first off, most quests aren't a simple matter of killing one mob
    but even in that case, if you can clear out the surrounding mobs instead of having to stealth to him and probably die getting out, I can almost guarantee clearing the mobs will net you more xp/hour
    you also don't run out of quests as quickly in a zone, so you don't have to spend as much time traveling to other zones to get more quests in your level range

god, I can already tell I'm going to reactivate my account soon

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    here are the macros I use

When I'm ready to blow my cooldowns I hit this, then when the second trinket cooldown is done I hit it again.
    /use [equipped:Trinket] 14
    /use [equipped:Trinket] 13
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /use Drums of Battle
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /cast Aimed Shot

I am constantly hitting this button while dpsing.
    #showtooltip Steady Shot
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /cast !Auto Shot
    /cast Steady Shot
    /castrandom Arcane Shot
    /cast [exists,target=pettarget] Kill Command, Lightning Breath(Rank6)
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

if you use a windserpent, turn off his auto cast for lightning breath and do it yourself
    (the lightning breath part might be incorrect I shift clicked the ability to add it and I typed it here I dont have access to my macro right now)

Grath on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Spirit Bond is super crappy.

I would drop that, imp mark, and a point in rapid killing, and get Go For The Throat and Animal Handler.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    i noticed after linking that my profile is way old. That gear and stuff is like a month old... I have better gear, but my dps didn't improve significantly. I also for the most part did copy Aldis' spec give or take a point.

it's kind of odd that my arena stuff is sort of up to date but my gear isn't

futility on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    not really
    but even in that case, if you can clear out the surrounding mobs instead of having to stealth to him and probably die getting out, I can almost guarantee clearing the mobs will net you more xp/hour
    you also don't run out of quests as quickly in a zone, so you don't have to spend as much time traveling to other zones to get more quests in your level range

This might be a shocker, but I'm not really about min/maxing.

Generally assassination quests are the end of a series of quests, by that point I'm ready to move on to a new group of mobs, even if that means a new zone. I generally hop between 2 or 3 zones anyway depending on my mood/PvP conditions.

Being a Druid I can go in take out my target and move on quick and easy then move on to my next quest. I rarely die and it's a lot more fun then grinding down through another cave. Plus being surrounded by enemy mobs and waiting for the perfect time to strike is one of the few tense moments in WoW.

Drool on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I went home for lunch today, and ended up doing my dailies in almost half the time it used to take me as prot.
    Hoooray ret.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

At like 36 I went with something like this.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtcx00x

Get that shield from Tarren Mill that does damage, and a shield spike, and you should be looking pretty hot.
    As you level you'll want to pick up sanc aura and holy shield to keep the grindings going.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    not really

This might be a shocker, but I'm not really about min/maxing.

Generally assassination quests are the end of a series of quests, by that point I'm ready to move on to a new group of mobs, even if that means a new zone. I generally hop between 2 or 3 zones anyway depending on my mood/PvP conditions.

Being a Druid I can go in take out my target and move on quick and easy then move on to my next quest. I rarely die and it's a lot more fun then grinding down through another cave. Plus being surrounded by enemy mobs and waiting for the perfect time to strike is one of the few tense moments in WoW.

Hell yeah. Oh god, I just remembered all my favorite things about my old rogue. It's like playing Tenchu sometimes. Trying to kill a boss before a patrol gets back, trying to steal shit without any mobs noticing, stunlocking other players just to be an asshole... ahh, good times.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Grath,.. what does the ui stuff in the 2nd macro do? And why is it there?

I've been meaning to make a macro to consolidate my button pressing

futility on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    the macro is designed to be spammed.

It gets rid of the "WHATEVER NOT READY" spam you can honestly leave it all out.

my armory link is in my sig now.

Grath on
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Have bad luck getting the Hourglass of the Unraveller? That thing is better than the Abacus. Or the badge trinket, that's good too.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've just been using Steady Shot - Waiting for Autoshot - Steady Shot and combined with EP's super arrows I am some kind of DPS machine

I gotta use up 10,000 arrows here people

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Have bad luck getting the Hourglass of the Unraveller? That thing is better than the Abacus. Or the badge trinket, that's good too.

look at my other trinket.

Grath on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Why does my armory profile not reflect the fact that I have good equipment?

It hasn't updated in I don't know how long.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, armory sucks.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Dely Apple wrote: »
    I've just been using Steady Shot - Waiting for Autoshot - Steady Shot and combined with EP's super arrows I am some kind of DPS machine

Oh man dely... but just think of how expensive that is.

I crunched the math on the cost of arrow while raiding... hunters should TOTALLY bitch more than ever other class on the use of mats for raiding.

futility on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Grath wrote: »

look at my other trinket.

Saw it. Abacus still sucks

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    well considering the fact that I can outdps every single person in my guild in a straight up single target dps race and I'm going up against t6 warlocks and hunters with better gear.. all I'm going to do is point out: WoW: QUANTITY OVER QUALITY

you need to learn about haste, and my other trinket replaced the badge one. Haste is a very powerful thing.

your links in your sig are wrong btw, and why does a survival hunter have the beast tamer shoulders?

Grath on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I now use the abacus and I forget what but it gives +crit and chance on hit to +attack power. I also cycle around with +crit and use +attack power trinkets. But found that it's generally easier for me to just pop 1 trinket instead of watching to pop 2.

futility on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    futility wrote: »

I crunched the math on the cost of arrow while raiding... hunters should TOTALLY bitch more than ever other class on the use of mats for raiding.

Is it greater then 40g per run?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I now use the abacus and I forget what but it gives +crit and chance on hit to +attack power. I also cycle around with +crit and use +attack power trinkets. But found that it's generally easier for me to just pop 1 trinket instead of watching to pop 2.

I'm only using the abacus until I replace it with DST

Grath on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Grath wrote: »
    well considering the fact that I can outdps every single person in my guild in a straight up single target dps race and I'm going up against t6 warlocks and hunters with better gear.. all I'm going to do is point out: WoW: QUANTITY OVER QUALITY

you need to learn about haste, and my other trinket replaced the badge one. Haste is a very powerful thing.

your links in your sig are wrong btw, and why does a survival hunter have the beast tamer shoulders?

I was forced to respec after we lost our Surv Hunter, and didn't have T5 shoulders to replace them. That's also why I'm above the hit cap by a large amount. Links are wrong since I only have 2 70s and for shenanigan reasons in the MMO Forum.

If you're T6 warlocks and hunters are losing to you, they're not performing to their fullest, but regardless haste is nice, but the 3 procs you can get in 90 seconds from the hourglass compared to the 1 proc you would get in that time from the Abacus, Hourglass wins. Better choice would be Tsunami Talisman, but frankly that can be almost impossible to get.

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The warlocks are actually very good, the hunter not so much. I'm just that much better. I was going to spec out of BM but they really don't want me to.
    I want dragonspine trophy, and last I heard there was hidden cooldowns placed on all those "chance on hit" things.

I know a large number of procs got 1 minute cooldowns added.

My crit isn't high enough to justify having a "chance on crit" trinket. if you notice its below 30%

Grath on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hmm, how much T6 do these warlocks have? (I could see threat just outright stopping them).

Well, you'd be at around 27.2 with a Major Agi pot, Kings, and that trinket equipped, and I think that would be fine. Looks like you still have some pieces to replace (Bad Luck with the Hydross chest?)

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Submitting a "Ham for pet" bill to the management each time I raid

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Submitting a "Ham for pet" bill to the management each time I raid

And the bill coming back denied with the reason being GODDAMN HUNTARD on it.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hmm, how much T6 do these warlocks have? (I could see threat just outright stopping them).

Well, you'd be at around 27.2 with a Major Agi pot, Kings, and that trinket equipped, and I think that would be fine. Looks like you still have some pieces to replace (Bad Luck with the Hydross chest?)
    I can't complain about my luck honestly.

this character has been on four sscs and three tks. I hit 70 about a week before that. But yes the one fucking time the ZA chest drops, the shitty hunter in the guild gets it, then hydross finally stops jewing it up and drops his chest and that other hunter wins that over me too.

Grath on
This discussion has been closed.