As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lines on my display?

Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and loveWill die without a homeRegistered User regular
edited March 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, so about two months ago I started getting these weird lines, shadows almost, on my monitor. For example, my GTK theme is black. So whenever I have a Pidgin window open in the upper left-hand corner of my screen, there will be this weird projection the height of my window horizontally across my monitor. I can't really describe it, so I'll MSPaint it.

hna.jpg

I'd have taken a screenshot, but it doesn't show up on screenshots. But yeah, I figured my monitor was going bad, so someone lent me an old one that was in perfect working condition when they stopped using it the week before they gave it to me. The problem persists. So I'm thinking my GFX (an ancient nVidia GeForce 256) card is going bad. So, H/A, should I replace my card while I have the money?

2dtr87s.png
SteamID: Baroque And Roll
Baroque And Roll on

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Good cards are pretty cheap these days, an 8800GTS 320MB is on sale at Newegg for 145 bucks right now, it's a phenominal card, and should last you a few years:

George Fornby Grill on