As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Saitek Eclipse II

Ranger RickRanger Rick Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Well I just received the Eclipse II in the mail and it seems that the media buttons (skip, pause, ect.) only work if itunes is the active window. Does anyone know how to get these keys to function regardless of which window is active? The keyboard comes without drivers because it is a standard usb keyboard supported by windows so I'm not quite sure where to go to change this.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

moonman.jpg
Ranger Rick on

• Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Can you download a management program from the manufacturer website?

Ruckus on
  • Options
    KyzenKyzen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Wow... I didn't know my Eclipse II had media buttons. I just plugged it in and started playing WoW. I'm going to have to investigate this when I get home :)

Kyzen on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I can't find any programs for it on or off their website. They seem to be quite proud of its plug and play functionality. Are there any macros that can be assigned to they keys that would allow this function?

Ranger Rick on
    moonman.jpg
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Well, EVERY keyboard I've ever used except the G15 has had this problem... I think it's just an iTunes problem as it de-activates the button when its not the active window, however I guess the G15 has some built in system to get around it.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    robaalrobaal Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Winamp has a plugin (?) called "global hotkeys" that solves this problem for it, so I guess you should search for something similar for Itunes - here's something that google spit out that might do it.

robaal on
    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra when suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
    At night, the ice weasels come."

• Options
    edited December 2006
    robaal wrote:
    Winamp has a plugin (?) called "global hotkeys" that solves this problem for it, so I guess you should search for something similar for Itunes - here's something that google spit out that might do it.
    Works like a charm. Thanks.

Ranger Rick on
    moonman.jpg
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Right click --> Adblock Avatar.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Right click --> Adblock Avatar.

Nobody in here cares. Don't make a habit of posting off topic bitching in this forum.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH