As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Biggest douchebag in gaming?

• Options
    DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Stolls wrote: »
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    subedii wrote: »
    fatty.jpg

In Extraction Point,
    the fucker is somehow still alive, despite being shot in the original game, despite every better character either being blown up, gunned down, ripped apart or killed off camera.

That, by itself, sums up the vast majority of my problems with F.E.A.R., which are otherwise rather few.

My impression of that set piece was:
    You're dealing with his ghost. He was still covered in blood. He completely disappears as soon as he goes back in that door (you can go back in front and look. He was at ground zero of a psychic and nuclear blast. He just hadn't realized yet he was dead.

Doronron on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    "You must gather your party before venturing forth."

Fuck you.

A thousand times this.

Khavall on
  • Options
    PacifistPacifist Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    EA.

Pacifist on
    XBL: Pacifist NJ
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tommy from Prey.
    "Jen's been taken, I need to travel through this alien ship to save her, and my grandfather who I dislike has died"

"Tommy, it is I, your grandfather, I have returned from beyond the grave to help you find Jen"

"Screw you grandfather, I don't have time, I have to find Jen"

"But I can help you find her, with powers that I am clearly demonstrating to you right now"

"I don't have time for this grandfather, I have to find Jen"

"But I'm clearly demonstrating these abilities that will help you find Jen faster than you can under your own steam.."

"I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS GRANDFATHER"

"You're a retard, you know that?"

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Am I doing it right?

Itagaki_Thumbs_Up_MNT.jpg

Itagaki.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Hmm, I wonder which SNK fighting boss is the biggest douchebag?

Geese would be up there, but he also happens to be badass. Although... TOO EASY! PREDICTABLE! RISING STOOOOOORRMMM! He is an enormous douche to fight against.

Then you have Ru- GENOCIDE CUTTER HAHAHA! er, what I meant to say is Ruga- GENOCIDE CUTTER HAHAHA! God, fuck you Rugal you asshole!

Even then he's got a sliver of awesome left. I think it would have to go to some completely unlikable and cheap shitfucker like Goenitz or Mizuchi/Orochi. Fuck those guys.

Igniz. Rugal, Geese and the rest are awesome. Igniz just stands there looking pretty while destroying you with his overly animated specials. I hate that guy.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That annoying fat guy from Silent Hill 2. I was soo glad I was able to shoot him in the face. In fact that little girl in SH2 qualifies as a douche bag as well. Locking you in a room with some damn monsters...

brandotheninjamaster on
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    fatty.jpg

Probably the only in-game civilian character that irritated me so much that I wanted to chuck him out a window. Possibly after setting him on fire.

I have to say, he was a brilliant addition to the game as a result. Right down to his "RTFM" belt, he was a character that everyone loves to hate. I honestly hope that jerk returns in the sequel.

It was especially brilliant when you discovered a discarded Cheetos packet on the floor, and that music cue plays, and you just know who's going to be around the next corner. That was a nice touch.

God, all this Cheeto talk...

Just make sure, yall heard of Chesus right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ168lUnfZM

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AlienCowThatMoosAlienCowThatMoos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dusda wrote: »
    You've got me; I honestly cannot think of anyone more annoying and worthy of the douchebag title than Kent. Miserable prick, I never did his stupid side mission. He got the sledgehammer to the head, every time.

I was never able to finish that jack-ass's sidequest. I'd keep getting awesome pictures with high scores and he's be like "Not good enough, you're not a real pro!" Fuck you.

AlienCowThatMoos on
    SpidermanSig.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Squall, now and forever.

"Oh, my totally hot teacher is entirely coming on to me in increasingly obvious ways. Guess I'm gonna just say nothing and walk away mid-sentence, because hey, I just danced with a girl I know nothing about."

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    *sigh* I've been waiting for this thread for a long time. This is going to be a long one, then I'll edit in more stuff when I think of it.

Prince whateverthehell, lord of fishpeople from Twilight Princess.

Oh, so your dad died, you got over it, then shadow monster come and rape your mom to death. So, you spend MONTHS sitting in front of that grave well I just go save the whole world, when I never even had parents!

Yeti and Wife, also from TP

They were nice enough, wheres my mystical artifact? Oh, a pumpkin, oh some cheese. While her husband just making soup in his house full of monsters!

Fargoth, Bosmer, Morrowind.

I'm surprised no thought of him before. You get a ring, it's his, you give it to him, he's just one step short of humping your leg. I always end up killing him, no matter what.

Valen Dreth, Dunmer, Oblivion

Also surprised no one talked about this guy. He just sits there in his comfy cell and insults you to hell and back. In the end, he got the sweet, sweet ending he deserves.

Ahhh, I feel better.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Judith Mossman.

Fuck you bitch.

Breen too I guess, although to a slightly lesser degree.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    SimBen wrote: »
    Squall, now and forever.

"Oh, my totally hot teacher is entirely coming on to me in increasingly obvious ways. Guess I'm gonna just say nothing and walk away mid-sentence, because hey, I just danced with a girl I know nothing about."

That is what made FFVIII so good though.

In how many other games is the players character a complete douchebag? I know people complain about him being all emo and shit, but come on. That was a revolutionary step forwards in character writing for games, having an entirely unlikeable main character?

Though I do admit whenever I see someone in a Final Fantasy game say "..." I think "OH NO! It's squall!"

Khavall on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    Judith Mossman.

Fuck you bitch.

Well she did come through in the end. Plus without her, nobody would know where the Borealis is either, and she took a pretty hefty risk going in search of it.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Judith Mossman.

Fuck you bitch.

Limed for truth. We should also have an awesome people in gaming thread, I nominate Father Gregori!

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    Squall, now and forever.

In how many other games is the players character a complete douchebag? I know people complain about him being all emo and shit, but come on. That was a revolutionary step forwards in character writing for games, having an entirely unlikeable main character?

You're describing half of every JRPG and almost every anime that ever starred a teenage boy.

subedii on
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Has anyone said Tommy Tallarico yet

Because he's such a douchebag

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Xtarath wrote: »
    Judith Mossman.

Fuck you bitch.

Limed for truth. We should also have an awesome peole in gaming thread, Inominate Father Gregori!

You dislike the Priest with the SHOTGUN? The one that helps you through the graveyard and laughs whilst taking out headcrab zombies?

Man what?

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Arcibi wrote: »

I found him surprisingly nice and cool at Videogames Live.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    wasn't mossman redeemed at the end of Hl2?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Maybe he's improved since doing Judgment Day

I just remember wanting to punch him every time some half-informed opinion flopped out of his mouth on that show

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    Squall, now and forever.

You're describing half of every JRPG and almost every anime that ever starred a teenage boy.

No, see normally they're just all "No one likes me waah waah" and they just have to find love and stop the evil or some shit to save everyone or something like that. Or they've got a dark past and are trying to atone for their sins. Anyways the point is normally they're heroic in some way, just completely emotionally messed up so they can be happy in the end and they can call it character development.

Squall is just a dick. And he doesn't redeem himself in the end, it fucks him over in the end.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Judith Mossman.

Fuck you bitch.

Limed for truth. We should also have an awesome peole in gaming thread, Inominate Father Gregori!

You dislike the Priest with the SHOTGUN? The one that helps you through the graveyard and laughs whilst taking out headcrab zombies?

Man what?

Read it again, slowly this time.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Maybe he's improved since doing Judgment Day

I just remember wanting to punch him every time some half-informed opinion flopped out of his mouth on that show

Well okay, so he's not that great with the whole opinions or journalism thing.

But dude knows his music. And he can get a crowd pumped.

Also, he made a touching case for Beyond Good & Evil, which is insta-points in my book.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Judith Mossman.

Fuck you bitch.

Man what?

I thought you were calling Lewie awesome for calling Mossman crap.

subedii on
  • Options
    rabblerouserrabblerouser Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Gary Oak :P

rabblerouser on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Judith Mossman.

Fuck you bitch.

Man what?

I thought you were calling Lewie awesome for calling Mossman crap.

Nope, I love the Kick ass zombie priest as much as the next guy.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I was trying to remember his name to mention him. I'm operating on two hours of sleep so I couldn't pull it out of the dark abyss that is my current state of mind.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'd like to reiterate that Squall was in a position where his hot, supple, young, blonde, geeky-cute, newly-demoted teacher was openly offering her womanhood to him, and all he had to do was say one word or possibly even just nod his head and he would have had one night of the best sex he would ever have, and he just didn't feel like it.

Fuck you so hard, Squall Leonhart.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    "I am invincible!"

Boris Grishenko - Goldeneye

LewieP on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I can't believe so many people have mentioned Boris, yet none have voted for that bitch Natalya. She was even meant to be on your side, for the love of God!

Burnage on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh you know who else is a fucking douchebag in gaming?

Kasparov.

Checkmates me every time.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Another:

wario.jpg

Though you have to wonder who's the biggest douchebag: Wario... or that statue-stealing sonofabitch.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Another:

wario.jpg

Wario may be a douchebag, but he's an awesome douchebag.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    oddjob.jpg

FUCK YOU AND BEING TWO FEET TALL

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Am I doing it right?

Itagaki_Thumbs_Up_MNT.jpg

Itagaki.

itagakiix1.jpg

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Drez wrote: »

I was trying to remember his name to mention him. I'm operating on two hours of sleep so I couldn't pull it out of the dark abyss that is my current state of mind.

I shall never forget the one who brought misery to me. Also, every fucking Dark Elf in Morrowind were all douche bags. "Speak quickly, outlander!" Die! *stab*

Xtarath on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    oddjob.jpg

FUCK YOU AND BEING TWO FEET TALL

We had 2 rules for Goldeneye. No shotting someone without a gun, and no Oddjob.

Algertman on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeti and Wife, also from TP

They were nice enough, wheres my mystical artifact? Oh, a pumpkin, oh some cheese. While her husband just making soup in his house full of monsters!
    Yeto and Yeta were the best TP characters

<3 them so much

Elendil on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Blizzard's Random Number Generator, particularly in regards to raid boss loot.

Fuck you, RNG. Seriously, fuck you.

Also, that halfling rogue you could hire as a companion in NWN. I didn't know you could disable his speech audio, so giving him commands to constantly be told "Oh, I can do that easy!" for four hours got really old, really fast.

And then I found out upon hitting Chapter 2 that if you did all of the Chapter one "minion quests" you got several very tangible perks. I gave up and never picked up the game again; I didn't want to re-do the first part, and I definately didn't want to listen to that fucking halfling for another hour.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
This discussion has been closed.