As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Biggest douchebag in gaming?

• XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    Xtarath wrote: »
    Yeti and Wife, also from TP

They were nice enough, wheres my mystical artifact? Oh, a pumpkin, oh some cheese. While her husband just making soup in his house full of monsters!
    Yeto and Yeta were the best TP characters

<3 them so much

Such rage, but It's so hard to hate them! I still hate the wife though. Turn into a snile Blizzard shadow creature thing.

Xtarath on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Blizzard's Random Number Generator, particularly in regards to raid boss loot.

Fuck you, RNG. Seriously, fuck you.

Also, that halfling rogue you could hire as a companion in NWN. I didn't know you could disable his speech audio, so giving him commands to constantly be told "Oh, I can do that easy!" for four hours got really old, really fast.

And then I found out upon hitting Chapter 2 that if you did all of the Chapter one "minion quests" you got several very tangible perks. I gave up and never picked up the game again; I didn't want to re-do the first part, and I definately didn't want to listen to that fucking halfling for another hour.

The first chapter again? Heh. I can do that easy!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    SimBen wrote: »
    I'd like to reiterate that Squall was in a position where his hot, supple, young, blonde, geeky-cute, newly-demoted teacher was openly offering her womanhood to him, and all he had to do was say one word or possibly even just nod his head and he would have had one night of the best sex he would ever have, and he just didn't feel like it.

Fuck you so hard, Squall Leonhart.

quististrepeof1.jpg

Fuck you indeed, Squall.

Although my ultimate gaming douchebag is still (with love, XoB) Redd White from Phoenix Wright:

2-3ani-redd-bling.gif

This was also the first point in the game where I was stalled a bit in court, so I had to endure his taunts over and over again. I wanted to punch him in the face so bad I would forget he was a fictional character.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

*twitch*

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Forar wrote: »

*twitch*

Psychosis? Heh. I can do that easy!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wocky from Ace Attorney 4. Imagine a clueless goober trying to be a tough gangsta, then multiply it by at least six.

Also, Fatal1ty. And anyone else that spells their name with a goddamn number.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Suda 51 is exempt from this rule.

LewieP on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    LewieP wrote: »

Suda51 is exempt from every rule.

Khavall on
    edited April 2008

Well, if the entire word is a number, that's fine by me.

cloudeagle on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Has anyone mentioned John romero or that gamecock guy yet? the ex co-workers who has that massive argument in public.

frankly, both are assholes.

The_Scarab on
  • ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wocky from Ace Attorney 4. Imagine a clueless goober trying to be a tough gangsta, then multiply it by at least six.

I don't know who is worse: people with numbers in their name, or people who insist on surrounding their names with x's or other nonsense

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

Well I assume the 51 is pronounced 'fifty-one'. That's fine with me. It's when you start replacing letters with numbers that we have issues.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Derek Smart
    Derek Smart
    Derek Smart

No seriously. This is the guy who threatened to buy the Freespace license, to then begin sueing the shit out of the incredible community that has been keeping the Freespace 2 engine alive after it went open-source. Douche-baggery on this level will likely never be matched. It's been mentioned before in this thread, but I had to mention it again (complete with DS conjuring, naturally).

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
    edited April 2008
    darleysam wrote: »

Well I assume the 51 is pronounced 'fifty-one'. That's fine with me. It's when you start replacing letters with numbers that we have issues.

Technically it's Suda Goichi(Or Goichi Suda if you're American or some shit like that), but since Go is 5 and Ici is 1 in Japaneese, he's referred to as Suda 51. I think it might be "Suda Five-one" but I know I always say it as "Fifty-one"

Khavall on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    No one has mentioned the ORIGINAL douchebag?

sorry-mario.jpg

"Hey, man. I know you just risked your life, like, jumping over lava, and a deranged turtle/dragon dude- but that girl- the princess? Yeah, totally not here."

Fuck Toad.

Tach on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If Yahtzee is to be believed, Toad is actually a guy who suffered head trauma, and was then only ever able to say 'our princess is in another castle.' His doctor recommended that he be placed there because he believed that he could still be gainfully employed by being placed in a castle where the princess is not being held, so that he might provide a useful service to anyone who infiltrates the fortress mistakenly.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    edited April 2008
    Evangir wrote: »
    Derek Smart
    Derek Smart
    Derek Smart

No seriously. This is the guy who threatened to buy the Freespace license, to then begin sueing the shit out of the incredible community that has been keeping the Freespace 2 engine alive after it went open-source. Douche-baggery on this level will likely never be matched. It's been mentioned before in this thread, but I had to mention it again (complete with DS conjuring, naturally).

Really? Wow. I missed that part. What an ass.

Anyone know what he and John Romero are doing nowadays?

cloudeagle on
  • W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My friend has the greatest photo of Kent from Dead Rising getting clocked right in the head by a zombie.

It's glorious.

W2 on
  • Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    W2 wrote: »
    My friend has the greatest photo of Kent from Dead Rising getting clocked right in the head by a zombie.

It's glorious.

Upload this and you get buttsex.

Even if you don't want it.

In the butt.

In retrospect that's probably not a good incentive.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • KirkKirk Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I like his games but

Cliffy B http://youtube.com/watch?v=M2XYf4zI-I4

What a douchebag!

ps Tommy Tallarico is a super douchebag. He's on a Kris Angel sort of level.

TT douchebag highlight: playing to a guitar recording for VG Live (maybe it was just for gphoria but it doesn't matter).

Kirk on
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Joe, from Viewtiful Joe. But he's a Magnificent Douchebag.

Also, Spider-Man is kind of a douche.

Samphis on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Gheed from Diablo 2. Not that you see much of him, but his sale pitches makes me want to punch him in the face.

And Lord Garithos from Warcraft 3: TFT. Let alone the emissary he sends to you that says, "Be creative" when he takes all your troops away. DOUCHE.

Henroid on
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    MarkyX wrote: »
    Derek Smart

A description of who this is would be helpful.

:(

How can you not know him?

I'v been out of the gaming loop for months now.

That's really funny.

IT's funny because Derek Smart has been the biggest douche in gaming for more than 10 years. He was already a huge douche back when John Romero was cool. Back when Thompson didn't know about games.

I mean, the guy trolled usenet groups.

Anyways, Raiden might be annoying, but I don't consider him a douche... Ocelot is the douche. And vamp too.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2008
    Samphis wrote: »

(Surprise surprise, me replying to this post)

I wouldn't call Joe a Douche, more an easily distracted idiot. The game would have been half as long if he didn't plain forget by level 2 that he was supposed to be looking for Sylvia :lol: . I love the fact that for most of the game (until Joe and Alastor are talking and he's all like 'What... wait?! You mean Sylivia!') he's just kicking ass for the sake of it. Story spoiler-
    I love how that was the reason Captian Blue went evil, he just lost his grip on reality, the only reason Joe didn't lose it was because he realised he was supposed to be doing something with his powers instead of just 'being a hero'/beating up endless bad guys until he got bored of it and desired to use his powers for evil

EDIT: about the Derek Smart thing, I haven't heard of him, that's all there is to it. Not a big deal.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • War BastardWar Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    gman.jpg
    Not the biggest douchebag but certainly a smug bastard who you want to crowbar in the face but can't.

War Bastard on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was a stick.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

EDIT: about the Derek Smart thing, I haven't heard of him, that's all there is to it. Not a big deal.

http://www.werewolves.org/~follies/ I suggest reading this.

Couscous on
    edited April 2008

No, no he is not.

Xtarath on
  • APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Guys.

The Mentor from Fable. The one with Obi Wan powers.

"Your health is low... perhaps you should use a potion.."

No shit sherlock, but I'm kinda trying to battle here...

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I don't know, the Gman is up there with Jon Irenicus for me in that they're both pretty douchebaggy in action but they're hard to hate (in an out-of-game sort of way) because they're so friggin' awesome.
    Fucker can stop time. He's like that smoking bloke off the X Files except he can do pretty much anything he wants.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited April 2008
    Guys.

The Mentor from Fable. The one with Obi Wan powers.

"Your health is low... perhaps you should use a potion.."

No shit sherlock, but I'm kinda trying to battle here...

My roomate was just playing through this game again, and we realized that he manages to know that your will energy is low when you're trapped in a prison, but doesn't seem to realize that one of his heroes is in a prison being tortured for a year and send help.

Khavall on
  • KozzieKozzie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Algertman wrote: »
    oddjob.jpg

FUCK YOU AND BEING TWO FEET TALL

We had 2 rules for Goldeneye. No shotting someone without a gun, and no Oddjob.

wow we had the exact same 2 rules
    although after a few beers someone would inevitably go oddjob and anarchy would break loose usually ending up in a real fight.......grandma shoulda known better.

Kozzie on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    We had no oddjob or jaws. Also if anyone takes Jungle Commando before me you get kicked in the ear.

Those were the only rules.

edit: also I nominate this fucker:

ashpikacuddle.jpg

edit: after playing smash brothers, both of them

815165 on
  • StraythStrayth Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    San Andreas had some douches, like Tenpenny's little boyfriend. Also I don't think I'll ever forgive SOE, various offenses.

Strayth on
    That's right.
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I could see how Freeman might dislike the G-Man, but I personally think he's fantastic.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You don't think the over-confidence and the witty remarks before totally wrecking somebody's junk isn't evidence of Spider-Man being a douche? He's awesome, but he is still a little douchey.

Samphis on
    edited April 2008
    You don't think the over-confidence and the witty remarks before totally wrecking somebody's junk isn't evidence of Spider-Man being a douche? He's awesome, but he is still a little douchey.

I'm trying to find characters that are just complete douchebags with NO redeeming qualities. Spider-Man is a cocky bastard but he fights for good. I mean, you could call the kingpin a douche, but he's not a complete douche, he looks classy, is smart and is a pretty cool character.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited April 2008

I'm trying to find characters that are just complete douchebags with NO redeeming qualities. Spider-Man is a cocky bastard but he fights for good. I mean, you could call the kingpin a douche, but he's not a complete douche, he looks classy, is smart and is a pretty cool character.

That's not fat, it's muscle!

Xtarath on
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, Spider-Man is kind of a sarcastic jerk and maybe a bit of a douche, but he's not full-on douche.

How about Silvia from Viewtiful Joe 2? Man was she an annoying bitch.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The Smash TV announcer:

smas0001.png

"Good luck. You'll need it." and you think to yourself, "No I don't, shut u-" and then ten thousand men with baseball bats beat you into something that looks like spaghetti.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    We had no oddjob or jaws. Also if anyone takes Jungle Commando before me you get kicked in the ear.

Those were the only rules.

edit: also I nominate this fucker:

ash2.jpg

Hotlinking blockers are douchebags?

Peewi on
This discussion has been closed.