As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF: Miniature Secret Santa - Summer Edition!

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Coolio, this will give me some experience with some guys I don't see too often.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Sweet, gotten, and parts for the project are already on their way to my lab... err apartment

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    GahmriousGahmrious Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thanks Wulf.... now we all look like slackers in the eyes of EEEEEEEVIL SAAAAAAANTA!

*cry*

Gahmrious on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ain't no shipping delays gonna make me a deadbeat santa :P

Wulf on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Wulf wrote: »

So Wulf, how is the project coming?

Gahmrious on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Gahmrious wrote: »

Great, just putting the final details on your mom... Oh THAT project. :winky:

Wulf on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Great, just putting the final details on your mom... Oh THAT project. :winky:

Bwahhahahaahaha. That was awesome. <3

Gahmrious on
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If ebay plays nice, I might get a very nice present for my santee. But it is still 5 hours away. Dun dun dun.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Just on that note, are Ebayed items acceptable as part of a gift?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    ShamuuuShamuuu regular
    edited April 2008
    Why wouldn't they? It's still a gift see.

Shamuuu on
  • Options
    PhilodoxPhilodox Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'd only really think it's an issue if you got somebody 1980's space marines that were painted by an 8 year old. Unless of course the person asked for them.

Philodox on
    That's a Freudian mansex if I ever cocked one.
    twinsbanneroq0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Or you were willing to strip them to bare metal.

Wulf on
  • Options
    ShamuuuShamuuu regular
    edited April 2008
    Ooooh excited, 2 more weeks then I'm done with my project.

Shamuuu on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    How is everyone else doing with the project? Uppppdates!

Gahmrious on
  • Options
    ShamuuuShamuuu regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm still wondering who my santeee will be. XD

Shamuuu on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Shamuuu wrote: »

Wait wait, you dont have a person assigned to be gifted by you? Or by santee you mean who is assigned to gift you?

X__X

Gahmrious on
  • Options
    ShamuuuShamuuu regular
    edited April 2008

Wait wait, you dont have a person assigned to be gifted by you? Or by santee you mean who is assigned to gift you?

X__X

The later.

Shamuuu on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

X__X

The later.

Well, if we told you, it wouldn't be Secret Santa no more, would it? :P

Also, just placed the order for the main part of my gift. It will be awesome.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm still debating.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Its a shame that this will be my last SS for a bit. Damn you mortgage payments!

Wulf on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Maybe this is all the sherry I've had tonight talking, but I wonder what would happen if I got my giftee the full size Tau manta.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Maybe this is all the sherry I've had tonight talking, but I wonder what would happen if I got my giftee the full size Tau manta.

As in, 1 to 1 scale? Something tells me you'd receive a lot of parking tickets.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I don't even play Tau, but I would be beyond happy if I got that.

Drunken 40k ordering at its best.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

As in, 1 to 1 scale? Something tells me you'd receive a lot of parking tickets.
    As in the 40K scale, as opposed to BFG, or AI :P Still, with the current lag time for FW orders, I'd expect if I tried to order that, it'd be ready in time for secret santa next summer.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah. It took almost 2 months for my Marauder bomber to arrive. Do they make the bloody things per order or something?

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Depending on the model, yes.

J on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Also apocalypse raised the demand for fancy expensive items like whoa.
    Hopefully they'll have more staff or something sorted out for next christmas :D

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Most models, especially the big ones, are made on demand. Also, FW is a pretty small operation. I hear that they're brought on extra people and extended the working hours, but they're still not keeping up with the order surge since Apocalypse.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Also apocalypse raised the demand for fancy expensive items like whoa.
    Hopefully they'll have more staff or something sorted out for next christmas :D

That's great to hear actually, because if anyone needs success it's forge world. They make some truly excellent model mans.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    GOD DAMN YOU GOVERNMENT WORK

My new job blocks most sites at work, so when I found out they blocked PA's front page, I thought they blocked the forums, too, so I haven't been here for a while. I come back to find I missed the SS. Oh, well.

I could volunteer to make up for any deadbeat Santas if we need to, I guess. The first time I did this, I ended up not getting anything, and since the Santa kept saying they would get it to me eventually, I never reported. So I'd like to help if I could.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    ShamuuuShamuuu regular
    edited May 2008
    My first gift was sent today :)

Shamuuu on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I have my gift orgnized, and can send it on short notice. Now it's just procrastination keeping me from sending it.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Still waiting on my shipment... damn brits :V

Wulf on
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, CF Santa gave us a lot of time to buy the gift. Just about three months.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Shipment get. Work start!

Wulf on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Whooo, gift get. Just received a certain Dwarf King, carried by two certain dwarf heroes. Sadly the trip seems to have been arduous indeed, I'll post some shots up once I've pieced them back together. Thanks Shamuuu.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Why is it that I always seem to get the most done when I'm under the influence of Absinthe? 3/4 of my Santa's gift are mailbound, and winging their way in his general direction as we speak.

Of course the timeliness of the fourth part depends on how long it takes FW to fulfill it's Reaver Titan orders...

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Why is it that I always seem to get the most done when I'm under the influence of Absinthe? 3/4 of my Santa's gift are mailbound, and winging their way in his general direction as we speak.

Of course the timeliness of the fourth part depends on how long it takes FW to fulfill it's Reaver Titan orders...

D: ?

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

D: ?
    I'm sure he just ordered the picture... right? Oh dear god, Gabriel, why do you have to be so cwaaaazy :P

Wulf on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Because I drink before posting in the Santa thread:P.

Gabriel_Pitt on