As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Let's not Play]You're doing it wrong, G&T.

2»

• NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    No you fuck.

I never he didn't do any of those things you said.

So cram it up your ass.

oh i am butthurt vulgarity when i am not busy making retarded sentences i like to bitch and whine wah wah wah

oh that girl only got the promotion because of her looks bitch bitch

Nuzak on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    *sits back and watches Zen and Nuzak*

e: But really, I didn't realize there was a lot of hate towards LP. I wanted to do one for Dead Rising, but I think I'll hold back. I cuss too often anyway.

urahonky on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Nuzak wrote: »
    No you fuck.

So cram it up your ass.

oh i am butthurt vulgarity when i am not busy making retarded sentences i like to bitch and whine wah wah wah

oh ha ha I can take shit out of context and try to act snarky and cool about it I'm so witty in my banter

Zen Vulgarity on
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    God, what a whining prick. If you don't like Let's Plays (personally I rate them right up there with being stabbed and spat on by ugly AIDs victims in unattractive hats) don't watch them. That's how I handle it, and it works just great. If you like the ones at somethingawful better, go watch them. Personally I think the entire Let's Play concept and process is so horrifically shameful that the fact that ours are apparently not that good is close to a source of pride.

Don't like video LPs, don't fucking watch them.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    urahonky wrote: »

e: But really, I didn't realize there was a lot of hate towards LP. I wanted to do one for Dead Rising, but I think I'll hold back. I cuss too often anyway.

Yeah, maybe it's because it's bad form to insult people in their own threads, and maybe because I just ignore the ones that don't interest me/ I didn't find worth watching, but I never heard any complaints.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Spoit wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

Yeah, maybe it's because it's bad form to insult people in their own threads, and maybe because I just ignore the ones that don't interest me/ I didn't find worth watching, but I never heard any complaints.

Haha, so true. I suppose people don't bust in a thread and start hating.

urahonky on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Has their been a collaborative effort on one game? I don't remember one.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited April 2008
    No you fuck.

So cram it up your ass.

oh ha ha I can take shit out of context and try to act snarky and cool about it I'm so witty in my banter

I DISAGREE, CRAM IT UP UR ASS

Nuzak on
  • McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I agree that audio is the number one problem in most LPs. I don't want the sound to crackle and become distorted because the LPer coughs in the microphone or laughts too loud. I want to be able to hear the game too. I know most people play and record on the spot, but I found a lot of the Zelda Let's Plays to be very annoying because of people using filler words "Um... so... yeah... and for some reason there's totems here, weird... so... yeah.... um... we're gonna fight these cyclops. anyway" , and it just becomes a chore to watch the video.

I watch Let's Plays to watch someone share their love and dedication to a game that maybe I never played before. That's pretty much the only reason why I watched the Deus Ex LP... which I should catch up on in the future.

I still think Simben's Chrono Trigger LP is full of win, though.

McAllen on
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think I should revise my earlier statement about LP threads: I just don't find them interesting at all, regardless of who, where, or what.

It's easy enough to scroll past them in the thread index, though. I don't plan to stop approving them any time soon. Sooner or later there should be one that really entertains me.

Captain K on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2008
    No you fuck.

So cram it up your ass.

You're both idiots. Shut up, idiots.

Tube on
  • CliffjumperCliffjumper Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The best LPs usually grab the narrative and haul it somewhere else, not just comment on little quirks of the game.

This one by Chewbot is one of the best ones I've ever seen. Takes a game, adds something new and interesting and goes from there.

I've seen a lot of funny and hilarious Lets Play's in my time.

But that was fucking inspired.

Gives such depth to the game in a clever way.

Great stuff.

Cliffjumper on
    WarbotPromo-1-1-2.jpg

The Transformers Fandom: Consistantly bitching about something or another since 1984.

http://www.nuklearpower.com/2009/03/28/warbot_001/ - "WARBOT In Accounting"
    edited April 2008
    No you fuck.

So cram it up your ass.

You're both idiots. Shut up, idiots.

No you.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited April 2008
    yes tube :(

Nuzak on
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I don't think we really need a metathread to discuss the state of Let's Play in G&T. If you like the threads, read them. If you don't, don't. The official moderator stance here is that we're still approving the threads on a case-by-case basis, and we're not going to stop approving them.

So if you think LP threads are boring, like I do, then just shut up and scroll past them.

Captain K on
This discussion has been closed.