As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Coming to Wiiware!

darunia106darunia106 J-bob in gamesDeath MountainRegistered User regular
edited April 2008 in Games and Technology
strong-bad-email-490.jpg

Telltale Press Release: http://www.telltalegames.com/company/pressreleases/id-65
Announcing Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People for WiiWare

New episodic series set in Homestar Runner universe coming in June from Telltale

SAN RAFAEL, CA, April 10, 2008 – Interactive entertainment pioneer Telltale, Inc. is pleased to announce Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (SBCG4AP), a new series of episodic games for WiiWare™, in partnership with Videlectrix. Starring Strong Bad, the self-proclaimed coolest person ever, the series is based on Matt and Mike Chapman's online animated series, which has been running at Homestarrunner.com since 2000. SBCG4AP will launch on WiiWare this June.

As the very first episodic series for connected consoles, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People has been designed specifically for WiiWare, with easy-to-use controls and WiiConnect24™ features. Like Telltale's popular Sam & Max series, SBCG4AP will be released as a five-episode "season" akin to a season of television. The episodes will come out on a monthly schedule. Release dates and pricing details will be revealed in a future announcement.

"Homestarrunner.com is one of the biggest success stories in online entertainment," says Telltale CEO Dan Connors. "The Chapmans have been treating the Internet to episodic content for years. We're thrilled to have teamed up with them to take episodic gaming to the next level via Nintendo's innovative WiiWare delivery system."

Telltale is working closely with the Chapmans on the series' art style, storylines, and scripts. This hands-on collaboration will deliver long-time fans the ultimate Strong Bad experience and give new players a crash course in the series' offbeat and unusual humor. The episodes play like extended cartoons, during which the player assumes the role of Strong Bad—controlling his actions, hearing his innermost thoughts, and becoming part of his awesome world. SBCG4AP features the cast of characters and locations from the Homestarrunner.com cartoons, and the games are fully voice acted by Matt Chapman and the rest of the original cast.

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People is a story-driven series with a comic spin that's undeniably Strong Bad. The player uncovers each episode's comedic plot through character interaction, dialogue-based puzzles, and the use (and abuse) of inventory items. In addition, each episode will be crammed with time-wasters to keep players poking around in the world, including Strong Bad emails to check, prank phone calls to place, and mini-games styled after the arcade games on the Homestarrunner.com website.

"Telltale has been rejecting my ideas for green text adventures for years," laments thousandaire gadabout Strong Bad, "but we finally reached a compromise with this puffy 3D point-and-click-em-up adventure. They claim all the coding was done with green text, so I guess that's pretty cool."

In addition to WiiWare, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People will be available on PC. For more details about the series, including a brand new trailer, screenshots, and Strong Bad's development blog, please visit www.telltalegames.com.

tl;dr - New Strong Bad game coming to Wiiware. Will be released in 5 episodes with the first one releasing in June. New trailer up now, link below.

Also www.homestarrunner.com has the game announcement as one of their new update buttons.
All my dicks etc.

UPDATE:
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbcg4ap.html - Trailer up now! Will leave your Wii console a smoldering Crater!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uSyK2RdlUY - Gameways teaser. Use your Wiimote as a flotation device!
http://telltalegames.com/strongbad - The official game site with many awesome things. Check it out!

EDIT: Apparently for PC too, sweet.

EDIT EDIT: Some cool links and pretty pictures.

http://www.videlectrix.com/ - The fake game creators of the many games that populate Anytown, USA
http://www.homestarrunner.com/games.html - All of a sudden have an urge to play Trogdor or Thy Dungeonman? Go here!
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html - Haven't seen all the Strong Bad e-mails? Watch them all. Now!

Peasant.jpg
Peasant's Quest!

Stinkoman.jpg
Stinko man!

headasplode.jpg
SBzone!

Picture credit goes to Shadowfire who is way cooler and far more attractive than me.

UPDATE: Screenshots!
sbcg4ap_homestar.jpg
sbcg4ap_email.jpg
sbcg4ap_noloafing.jpg
sbcg4ap_strongsad.jpg
sbcg4ap_techno.jpg
sbcg4ap_cheat.jpg

pHWHd2G.jpg
darunia106 on

• CliffjumperCliffjumper Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    JOYGASM

MULTIPLE JOYGASMS

Cliffjumper on
    WarbotPromo-1-1-2.jpg

The Transformers Fandom: Consistantly bitching about something or another since 1984.

http://www.nuklearpower.com/2009/03/28/warbot_001/ - "WARBOT In Accounting"
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You made your thread three minutes before Shadowfire made his, so I locked his thread.

Now you must prettify your OP with pictures and other nice things so that I feel better about it.

Captain K on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That reminds me, I haven't checked the site in a few months.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    There is a video up talking about the game, one part even looks like possible in-game stuff but I'd need to look at it again.

Also, yes, yes a thousand times yes to this.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Captain K wrote: »
    You made your thread three minutes before Shadowfire made his, so I locked his thread.

Now you must prettify your OP with pictures and other nice things so that I feel better about it.

If he would like, he may use the pictures from my thread, credit me, and acknowledge that I am in fact cooler and more attractive. Then the universe shall be in harmony.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

Is that pretty enough?

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
    edited April 2008
    it doesn't really matter

Shadowfire, you are a beautiful person. Don't ever forget that.

Captain K on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Episodic Strong Bad Wii game? Made by the same company doing Sam and Max?

Oh hell yes.

Edit: The many, MANY games already up on www.homestarrunner.com are excellent time-wasters. Go there now.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    edited April 2008
    I blew so many hours playing the original Trogdor game... so many hours.

And it was the simplest little piece of crap game. It shouldn't have been fun!

Captain K on
  • Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Geez. I haven't been to Homestarrunner is more than a year. Are they still doing what they've always done? Wow. It seems I have a lot of catching up to do. Interesting they chose Wii Ware to finally bring themselves to consoles.

EDIT: It's gonna be fun telling people who don't like this game "It's not for you!"

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Awesome announcement video is HERE:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbcg4ap.html

"They had to invent Mode 8 just for this game!"

Stick it in the OP! Also references the game "Trogdor Burninates Phonics."

Edit: Also, Strong Bad gives a shout-out to Sam and Max.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Homestar Runner is still popular?

I haven't even thought about that site in 2 years.

Well that's not true, I got the Trogdor song from GH2. But I didn't know it was an IP still worth making anything for it.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    yeah, I haven't followed HSR in like 3 years, but this is still a day one purchase

SaraLuna on
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Kagera wrote: »
    Homestar Runner is still popular?

I haven't even thought about that site in 2 years.

Well that's not true, I got the Trogdor song from GH2. But I didn't know it was an IP still worth making anything for it.

Right, because as soon as you lose interest in a website, the rest of the internet usually follows suit. You trendsetter, you.

Dirty on
    edited April 2008
    Am I the only one who still checks the 'site on a weekly basis?

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    darunia106 wrote: »

Yep, I'm pretty sure you are.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I do.:D

Somestickguy on
    edited April 2008
    I haven't checked HSR in years either, but I still remember it fondly.

And I'm sure the site's still going strong. I live in a college town, and every so often I'll overhear somebody in a restaurant telling somebody else about Strong Bad.

Captain K on
    edited April 2008

I do.:D

Hi5!

Also, you guys should check out the SBemails again, they're just as hilarious as ever.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • MooreningMoorening Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I still check the site on a weekly basis. New SBmails are always good fun. I think it annoys the wife that it's the first thing I do when I get home on Mondays.

edit: SB game from Sam and Max makers...I'll take 10 copies please.

Moorening on
    It would appear there ain't no rest for the wicked...who knew?
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I would buy this twice if it was possible. I would buy it three times.

This is going to be awesome.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I remember a few years back, I was very into the site. I had just heard about it, so it was all so new, and it took a while just to get through the archives. For a while, I was checking the site every week for the new sbemail. I'll admit, I don't go to the site anywhere near as often as I used to, but I still check it out every 6 months or so. The cartoons still amuse me.

Dirty on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    "They had to invent Mode 8 just for this game!"

This is the best joke.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited April 2008
    I would buy this. I would buy this nine times.

This is going to be awesome.

Fix'd

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    "Picture credit goes to Shadowfire who is way cooler and for more attractive than me."

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
    edited April 2008
    Raslin wrote: »
    "Picture credit goes to Shadowfire who is way cooler and for more attractive than me."

Look again. I fixed that.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    At last 5 of my freinds, including myself will be buying this on day one. We are all huge HSR fans, got a lot of merchandise between us, such as the HSR figurines, the hoodie, the albums, the DVD boxset, etc.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • TimestonesTimestones Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I would buy this twice if it was possible. I would buy it nine times.

Fixed that for ya. :P

Edit: Totally beat'd dammit.

I don't check Homestar Runner as often as I used to these days, and while it doesn't always make me laugh, it does always leave me smiling and manages to entertain for a few minutes. At the very least this game ought to provide the same amount of enjoyment.

Timestones on
  • IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hah! Nice in-joke.

This looks fun, and I've enjoyed Strong Bad for a long time, checking every now and then to catch up.

Is it just me or is the classic adventure genre making a low-key comeback?

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
    edited April 2008
    IceBurner wrote: »

It's only low-key if you're not paying any attention. :P

Especially for the DS, it's been on the rise again for the last several years.

Captain K on
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    IceBurner wrote: »

It's only low-key if you're not paying any attention. :P

Especially for the DS, it's been on the rise again for the last several years.

Hell yes, and I'm loving every minute of it.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2008
    Aside from a few head-scratching moments, every DS "adventure" I've played so far has been quite well-made, too. The only real design screw-up I can think of was one particular moment in Hotel Dusk where you had to use an incredibly obtuse combination of materials to progress further in the game.

Compare that to the days of Space Quest and Sam & Max, where ridiculous, unintuitive item combinations were par for the course. I think I like the newer breed of games more, as much as I enjoyed the older ones back then.

Captain K on
  • thepricetheprice Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I guess the recent April Fools joke (the youtube exclusive Strong Bad Gameways toon) was actually a reference to this game. That's pretty cool. I wonder if they'll put that toon in the actual game; it seems like it would work pretty well in that context.

theprice on
  • IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I was thinking in terms of PC alone, but you're right about DS.

Ah well, each new one makes me smile a bit more and this one is pretty sure to be a riot.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Please to be also porting Stinkoman 20X6 to WiiWare now.

mntorankusu on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    theprice wrote: »
    I guess the recent April Fools joke (the youtube exclusive Strong Bad Gameways toon) was actually a reference to this game. That's pretty cool. I wonder if they'll put that toon in the actual game; it seems like it would work pretty well in that context.
    For convenience:

Damn that Baba Jaga!

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    http://telltalegames.com/strongbad

Gameplay trailer is up.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I guess I should just mail the brothers chapps my wallet now.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    http://telltalegames.com/strongbad

Gameplay trailer is up.

I'm pointing, I'm clicking... it's like an adventure!

June won't come soon enough.

Walrus Pete on
    edited April 2008
    Updated the OP with many awesome things. Like the official game site and screenshots!

I got so excited, I forgot everything you just said.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg