As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Democratic Primaries: Pennsylvania, key hellhole state

Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!!Cambridge. MAModerator mod
edited April 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
Continue your primary talk here.

Now with poll

Current results:

Rasmussen 04/20 - 04/20 722 LV 49 44 Clinton +5.0
Zogby Tracking 04/19 - 04/20 602 LV 48 42 Clinton +6.0
Suffolk 04/19 - 04/20 600 LV 52 42 Clinton +10.0
PPP (D 04/19 - 04/20 2338 LV 46 49 Obama +3.0
Strategic Vision (R) 04/18 - 04/20 LV 48 41 Clinton +7.0
Quinnipiac 04/18 - 04/20 1027 LV 51 44 Clinton +7.0
SurveyUSA 04/18 - 04/20 LV 50 44 Clinton +6.0
Mason-Dixon 04/17 - 04/18 625 LV 48 43 Clinton +5.0

Wqdwp8l.png
Irond Will on

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    OP fails

nexuscrawler on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    25 pages to lock?

It barely had time to breathe

In primary news, haters be trying to keep the good man down.

But that shit don't fly

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    susa now has clinton up by 90000 points in inner city philadelphia

NickTheNewbie on
  • SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    25 pages to lock?

Will is a threadbortionist.

Speaker on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wow, just as a huge Clinton hit job gets called for what it is ITT Wil proves himself to be a Hillary supporter! :lol:

Anyways, I wish people would stop lending Hillary money for the campaign if they know she's in the red and little to no chance of winning. I mean, if I was in her position my bank sure wouldnt give me a loan. :P

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I still stand by my power ranger scenario.

MKR on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    25 pages to lock?

Thought you guys might want a poll

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited April 2008
    Don't the Clintons have like $100 million laying around?

Speaker on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Like personal wealth? Probably. Hillary's primary budget is shrinking though, owing to the fact that she's relied upon big donors who maxed out early.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's wishful thinking, blind optimism, and all that, but I'm sticking by my earlier prediction (especially in light of the PPP numbers from today):

Clinton wins by 2 points. The first two days of coverage are about Hillary's defeat of Obama's money machine. The race continues onto NC and Indiana. By Friday evening, newscasts start pointing out that, despite her victory, the delegate math just got much worse for her. By May 1st, Obama finally goes ahead of Clinton in number of superdelegates (he's only behind her by about 25 now).

On May 6th, Obama wins NC by 13, and Clinton wins Indiana by less than 1 percent. She drops out of the race by May 10th.

Yes, it's all pure speculation, but gosh darn it, I like it.

Hedgethorn on
    edited April 2008
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Like personal wealth? Probably. Hillary's primary budget is shrinking though, owing to the fact that she's relied upon big donors who maxed out early.

I'd feel stupid contributing to the campaign of a woman with Hillary's kind of money.

It's like, "Hey Ms. future billionaire, can I pay for the gas in your hummer?"

Speaker on
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If she only wins Pennsylvania by 2 points then Obama will absolutely rock her in NC.

Hoz on
  • EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Why isn't this thread wearing a lapel pin?

Evander on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Speaker wrote: »

I'd feel stupid contributing to the campaign of a woman with Hillary's kind of money.

There's a reason she's not donating any more money to her campaign. As is, unless she manages to win the nomination she's going to take a loss of $5M - no one is going to give her money to pay back that loan to herself. Any of her own money that she puts into the campaign at this point will never be seen again.

Hedgethorn on
    edited April 2008
    I'm going with the conventional wisdom and predicting Clinton by 10.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited April 2008
    Evander wrote: »

It's bitter.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited April 2008
    Evander wrote: »

We lost the pin in the wash.

Hedgethorn on
    edited April 2008
    This thread wants you to judge its patriotism by its actions.

Hoz on
    edited April 2008
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

There's a reason she's not donating any more money to her campaign. As is, unless she manages to win the nomination she's going to take a loss of $5M - no one is going to give her money to pay back that loan to herself. Any of her own money that she puts into the campaign at this point will never be seen again.

"I'm willing to destroy the Democratic Party to win, but I'll be damned if I sell off some of my stocks and bonds!"

Speaker on
  • EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I was seriously shocked and awed when I heard that question had been asked at that debate.

But yeah, I honestly don't know how PA will turn out. Hillary isn't as good at pretending to be a "Good Ol' Boy" as she seems to think she is.

Evander on
    edited April 2008
    If somebody told me they're deciding on who to vote for based on lapel pins, I would seriously have to restrain myself from getting in my car and running them over.

Hoz on
  • kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I'm pretty sure she mentally wrote off that 5 million as lost money, but I'm pretty shocked anyone is doing work for her without cash in hand at this point. She's proven she has no problems letting bills slip unless the debtor goes to the press with it.

That said, Clinton by 4-8, I'm seeing backlash against the blatant media hits being put out on Obama right now.

kildy on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I went Clinton 8-12

If only because that fucking travesty of a debate happened last week when it had no right to

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited April 2008
    Hoz wrote: »
    If somebody told me they're deciding on who to vote for based on lapel pins, I would seriously have to restrain myself from getting in my car and running them over.

Put a support our troops magnet and at least 1 flag sticker for every 300lbs of car body weight first.

kildy on
  • SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Alas, Primary thread, cut down in the prime of youth...

It's hard to believe there's only one day left before this primary. It feels like it's been going on forever.

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I almost went Clinton 12-16, but settled for 8-12.

Of course, I'm a pessimist.

Thanatos on
    edited April 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »

These kids just don't appreciate the inevitability of DOOM like we do.

Speaker on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I don't see why you guys think double digits is so likely. Even the external polls have it a lot closer than that.

Savant on
  • SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh, and I voted Clinton 4-8.

Because I have hope.

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

edited April 2008

"I'm willing to destroy the Democratic Party to win, but I'll be damned if I sell off some of my stocks and bonds!"

Oh god, I would love to see some bloggers start talking about Hillary putting her money where her mouth is, and having the MSM pick it up.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2008
    Sal wrote: »
    Alas, Primary thread, cut down in the prime of youth...

It's hard to believe there's only one day left before this primary. It feels like it's been going on forever.

Yeah.

We were in the Pennsylvania stretch when the Reverend Wright thing broke.

That feels like ages ago.

Speaker on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I am filled with pessimism and resignation. Please prove me wrong, PA.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited April 2008
    Savant wrote: »
    I don't see why you guys think double digits is so likely. Even the external polls have it a lot closer than that.
    It's really about who the undecideds will break for.

Not Obama.

Hoz on
    edited April 2008
    I wonder if there might be a certain number of Hillary supporters that might vote Obama not because they dislike Hillary, but because they honestly want the primary to be over, and have accepted the cold hard truth of the delegate math.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »

These kids just don't appreciate the inevitability of DOOM like we do.
    Pretty much.

I spent the weekend in Portland registering Obama voters, though.

Thanatos on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aw shit, I meant Clinton 8 - 12, not 4 - 8.

Really I just mean 8.

Quid on
    edited April 2008
    Because the first two presidential elections I voted in were 2000 and 2004.

Thanatos on
    edited April 2008

Basically, I predict most of the "undecideds" going to Hillary. It's always hard to assess late-deciders, but it's generally a safe bet that they're low-information voters who will tend to vote along the lines of very very early polling (which was heavily Hillary).

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited April 2008
    So aside from the oh so republican ad (Osama? REALLY?), her campaign is chiding Obama about how bad it is when you apply the Kitchen Sink strategy.

Projection, DO YOU UNDERSTAND IT.

This is a sitcom. Some form of really amazing and subtle live action comedy. Right?

kildy on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have a horse, cape and mask, and a scythe made from melted down flag pins on standby.

MKR on
This discussion has been closed.