As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BONK ON] TF2: Basically, kind of a big deal - ON SALE THIS WEEKEND, SEE OP

• KingthlayerKingthlayer Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think I'm suddenly going to play spy a lot more.

Kingthlayer on
  • savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    DUCOM wrote: »
    Rentilius wrote: »
    god dammit don't use scripts you fatties
    bind n "slot4; wait 5; taunt"

this is the ultimate spy script and I fully intend to use it

Couldn't you just stab somebody or shoot em, then press "4" and taunt?

Yes, but I never remember in time. Now I have one super button that does all the work for me!
    Zzulu wrote: »
    How do I use it?

Just paste/enter it in the console, or put it in autoexec.cfg. Replace n with whatever button you want to use.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I use a script to make the medigun not a terrible chore, so its always autofire. I noticed the guy in the Gametrailer's preview of goldrush was using it too.

BlindPsychic on
  • DUCOMDUCOM Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Zetx wrote: »
    Mindspread wrote: »
    cryohazard wrote: »
    Garthor keeps making fun of me because I sometimes take like 3-4 tries to get onto the roof of B :( I'm trying the soldier out more lately. With the influx of Medics I feel pushed out to be more agressive. We'll see how this works out for a couple weeks.

Sometimes I use this script to do rocket jumps:
    //Rocket Jump
    alias +rocketjump "+jump;+duck;wait;+attack"
    alias -rocketjump "-jump;-attack;wait;wait;wait;-duck"
    bind mouse2 "+rocketjump"

Then I just point at the ground and hit mouse2.

Now that I've got the timing down, I don't use it that much, but when I first started playing soldier, it helped a lot.

I don't know how most people feel about this type of thing, but I don't have a problem with it.

There is no point in learning scripts really, as they are not allowed in competitive play. It is just an easy way to rocket jump without actually learning anything. Just practice for a couple days and you'll get the hang of it. It really isn't that hard.

Hate to possibly open a can of worms, but how would they know? To me, it sounds the same as "scripts are exploits lololo" :|

Well usually each LEAGUE has a client that you have to run during each match and it checks your configs to make sure it only has the stuff that is needed. Something like that. I know CEVO and CAL use clients to detect scripts, and unauthorized configs to benefit the player.

DUCOM on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    no they don't

tyrannus on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I use a script to make the medigun not a terrible chore, so its always autofire. I noticed the guy in the Gametrailer's preview of goldrush was using it too.

You know you can just set the medigun to not release, right? So you click once and it stays on that target.

Under Options->Multiplayer->Advanced, IIRC.

mcdermott on
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

They added this to the options menu. It's in the Advanced window in the Multiplayer tab (along with not zooming back in as a sniper and suiciding when changing classes, etc)

[edit] Too slow ... although this makes me wonder if they used scripts for said functionality. :P

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Its not the same as my script, since it keeps firing if I break the beam on someone it'll immediately catch the next target, and I just tap to switch between people, I don't like the option thing because I have to hit fire everytime someone walks too far away.

BlindPsychic on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    well hay beaten by zetx

SithDrummer on
  • martymarty Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Zek wrote: »
    marty wrote: »
    guys guys guys why are you arguing

just go buy some food

smoke a blunt

dammit - when are you going to be back to playing normal!?

I'm just having a good time on holiday, but yeah i couldnt get a flight. I do that whole discount tickets 30 minutes before flight leaves routine and unfortunately its been no dice. so yeah I've flat out bought a ticket for tuesday. I might poke on and off from time to time, but I've got flaky internet

Garthor keeps making fun of me because I sometimes take like 3-4 tries to get onto the roof of B :( I'm trying the soldier out more lately. With the influx of Medics I feel pushed out to be more agressive. We'll see how this works out for a couple weeks.

Reverse rocketjumps. They like never fail ever. You don't even have to look behind fully, just peek to the side fire and crouch jump at the same time. they make up for the fact you rarely take fall damage, and they push you a greater distance horizontally, allowing quick getaways and the like.

That's pretty much exactly the opposite of what it takes to get onto the roof of B.

Notice how I said:
    What they lack in sheer height (you'll just about land on the roof as opposed to flying in on a high arc)

It'll get you up there inspite of the other properties, but faster and less fall damage. In fact, I find doing the reverse rjump allows me to get onto C on gpit first time, everytime, unlike some people who do it the normal way, miss in the heat of the moment (which happens often), and then land at the very bottom stairs and have to walk it up like retard-rejects.
    If you take the time to practice, you can also reverse rjump from near the red spawn to the very last ramp that leads up to C.

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited April 2008
    it's also nice for hallway jump when hallways are littered with stickies. also, you can s hoot off a wall and crouch for the same effect (kinda.)

tyrannus on
  • DUCOMDUCOM Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    no they don't

Alright, so you're telling me that CAL and CEVO don't have you run clients during a match that checks for illegal configs?

I'd like to see the proof. lol.

DUCOM on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Its not the same as my script, since it keeps firing if I break the beam on someone it'll immediately catch the next target, and I just tap to switch between people, I don't like the option thing because I have to hit fire everytime someone walks too far away.

Ah, yeah. Me too. Which is why I don't use the option, but I'm just too lazy to use a script either.

mcdermott on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    CAL for the longest time would only ask you to record a demo.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited April 2008
    no they don't

Alright, so you're telling me that CAL and CEVO don't have you run clients during a match that checks for illegal configs?

proof is on you to tell me that they do

tyrannus on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Zen I just have to say, you were raping everyone as spy yesterday. I called you out multiple times and you'd still get away (and even killed me when I went to help edcrab once, you dirty bastard).

Prospicience on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Really?

I was?

Because I haven't played in about two weeks.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • martymarty Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    no they don't

proof is on you to tell me that they do

THAT ARGUMENT ONLY WINS AT BIBLE CLASSES

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited April 2008
    well, he's wrong and stupid

tyrannus on
    edited April 2008
    Really?

I was?

Because I haven't played in about two weeks.

Who the hell was that then...

must have been a SPY.

Prospicience on
    edited April 2008
    Probably Orikae or something.

And I tend to play Demo a lot not because Raptor is a whiny bitch.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I played Spy for two maps and on one of them I was kind of okay and maybe made an Engineer or two mildly vexed for a couple of minutes.

Maybe I am this great Spy you speak of!

Mumblyfish on
    edited April 2008
    Oh you know, maybe it was Zot? I dunno thought it was you so now I'm just confused.

Prospicience on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have the Orange Box for 360, but never really played TF2 on it since it's shitty lag. I've decided to get this for PC.
    Do Gamestops sell something akin to MS point cards for Steam? I don't have a Credit Card, so that's not an option. If not, how much is the standalone game in box?

Local H Jay on
    edited April 2008
    Zot's an awful, awful spy.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That's the problem with all this name switching.

To really fuck people up, we should start swapping avatars too.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited April 2008
    30 bucks for the standalone game in the box.

Kingthlayer on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So I'm doing a test, and creating a database with ever single kill that occurred in my server for the past four months.

One log file is roughly one game (3 wins, or time limit reached on a single map). I have 1,767 of them so far.

I'll get some interesting kill stats soon. This go 'round won't have anything like assists, building destruction, or stuff of that nature. I'm really just testing to see how big the database is going to be, and what kind of stats we can get. My parser has been going for about 30 minutes now, and I'm 224 files in. You guys need to get a life. ;-)

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited April 2008
    Hrm. A bit more than I really wanted to spend, what with GTA looming...

Local H Jay on
    edited April 2008

Couldn't have been zot then I guess haha, Edcrab you remember when I called him out when we were sniping on hydro? He had gotten us a few times before that too.

Prospicience on
    edited April 2008
    WELL THEN. CAL uses ACS. CAL also allows crits in matches. CAL is for gays.

tyrannus on
  • ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    BONERS DICKS PYROS LOL

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have the Orange Box for 360, but never really played TF2 on it since it's shitty lag. I've decided to get this for PC.
    Do Gamestops sell something akin to MS point cards for Steam? I don't have a Credit Card, so that's not an option. If not, how much is the standalone game in box?

If you absolutely need to, you could always buy one of those pre-paid Visa cards at a retail store and use it to buy it off Steam at the sale price.

They accept PayPal as well, in case you just have a checking account...

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited April 2008
    It's 50 bucks for the entire Orange Box. Which for that many games is still a really good deal.

Kingthlayer on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Couldn't have been zot then I guess haha, Edcrab you remember when I called him out when we were sniping on hydro? He had gotten us a few times before that too.

Yeah, we started running around with secondary weapons out and then wham, as we passed each other near the stairs he backstabs you.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited April 2008
    I have it on 360, so it's only really TF2 I want. I think I'll do the Visa giftcard, that's a very good idea. I just want to make sure that works. I remember trying to turn those into MS Points once and it not going through due to lack of a name.

Local H Jay on
    edited April 2008
    well looks like I was wrong about the anti-cheat thing. OAPS

tyrannus on
  • Demitri OmniDemitri Omni Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

GameStop retail prices for the individual games are exactly the same as they are online, you just have to pay sales tax (which you don't if you run through Steam).

If I remember correctly, TF2 and HL2:EP2 are both 30, and Portal is 20.

EDIT: oh, the sale. yeah, you're not getting that price through GameStop, you'd have to buy it online. I support the earlier idea of buying a prepay Visa, as long as the price to buy it isn't too steep. EDIT2: Just remember that with most of the prepay cards, before you can use them online, you have to register them for online use, sometimes you have to call and register them just to use them the first time anyway.

Demitri Omni on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2008
    I kinda wanted to get in on that whole $20 for TF2 deal before it's gone.
    Also, I'm in NH so no sales tax anyway. :D

Local H Jay on
  • Demitri OmniDemitri Omni Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    READ EDITZ

Demitri Omni on
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.