As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BONK ON] TF2: Basically, kind of a big deal - ON SALE THIS WEEKEND, SEE OP

1575859606163»

• Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hrm. A bit more than I really wanted to spend, what with GTA looming...

This game is well worth 30bucks. Ive gotten way more than my money back. Never have I played a game for 200+ hours and counting. I dont think i've ever played a game for more than 30.

edit: console games blow now b/c of tf2.

Hey You on
  • DUCOMDUCOM Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's 50 bucks for the entire Orange Box. Which for that many games is still a really good deal.

Yeah, I purchased the entire orange box. it was such a good deal that I couldn't turn it down.

DUCOM on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bah, I'll just sell some older games and pick it up in store.

Local H Jay on
    edited April 2008
    I have it on 360, so it's only really TF2 I want. I think I'll do the Visa gift card, that's a very good idea. I just want to make sure that works. I remember trying to turn those into MS Points once and it not going through due to lack of a name.

Just go to your local drug store, CVS, Rite Aid, etc. They have a ton of those pre-paid visa cards. Just give them like 30 dollars and they'll give you the card with $30 on it. It's kind of a pain because you hafta go through all this bullshit in activating it talking to some moron on the phone. I've done it a few times. It's frustrating but worth it.

DUCOM on
    edited April 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »
    well looks like I was wrong about the anti-cheat thing. OAPS

It's all good. I've been playing in CAL/CEVO for like 5 years now. Different games of course, CS 1.6 mostly. They never had the ACS software but over the years more cheaters we're being found.

DUCOM on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    DUCOM wrote: »
    I have it on 360, so it's only really TF2 I want. I think I'll do the Visa gift card, that's a very good idea. I just want to make sure that works. I remember trying to turn those into MS Points once and it not going through due to lack of a name.

Just go to your local drug store, CVS, Rite Aid, etc. They have a ton of those pre-paid visa cards. Just give them like 30 dollars and they'll give you the card with $30 on it. It's kind of a pain because you hafta go through all this bullshit in activating it talking to some moron on the phone. I've done it a few times. It's frustrating but worth it.

DUCOM

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Demitri OmniDemitri Omni Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Making new thread. :V

Demitri Omni on
    camo_sig2.png
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    But wait, how does a config-checker catch cheaters? And why no scripts?

Even the pipelaying script from TFC was about as close as you could get to cheating in-game and it was never banned.

SithDrummer on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    DUCOM wrote: »

DUCOM HAS SPOKEN. DUCOM'S WORD BE DONE.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Demitri OmniDemitri Omni Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Demitri Omni on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2008
    I am the greatest player that ever played on this thread, no one will ever read this. Because its the last post.

Hey You on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wrong.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited April 2008
    wrong again

Hey You on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    guys new thread quit being wang monsters.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    guys new thread quit being wang monsters.

New what wang huh?

mcdermott on
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's ont 101 yet!

Fuga on
  • theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    BAI!

theantipop on
    edited April 2008
    But wait, how does a config-checker catch cheaters? And why no scripts?

Even the pipelaying script from TFC was about as close as you could get to cheating in-game and it was never banned.

yeah but when TFC was out, there probably was no clients like that for leagues, because CEVO wasn't even out when TFC was "popular"

DUCOM on
  • LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    n/m

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
This discussion has been closed.