As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hugging the [chat] out of 'em

• IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    In response to the 5-year-old kickboxing thing, I don't think it's a bad idea to try to expose kids to martial arts, though it seems like they're not going about it in the most intelligent way possible. That and kids crying doesn't mean anything. Little bratty shits will cry about anything. It's best to ignore them when they do.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    and now I take a shower an hour prematurely because curly hair has the most bullshit maintenance ever

Fuck people with straight hair who bitch when I say I hate my hair.

"But straight hair is so boring"

Yeah well having hair that looks like shit regardless of how you brush it isn't a fun time either asshole.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited April 2008
    In response to the 5-year-old kickboxing thing, I don't think it's a bad idea to try to expose kids to martial arts, though it seems like they're not going about it in the most intelligent way possible. That and kids crying doesn't mean anything. Little bratty shits will cry about anything. It's best to ignore them when they do.

Can you believe she doesn't want children folks?

Kagera on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Like you need an excuse Than

Medopine on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    japan wrote: »
    An immediate problem for RBS is that much of its fundraising will be absorbed by a big writedown on assets hit by the U.S. subprime crisis and credit crunch.
    The bank could write down between 5 billion pounds and 7 billion this week on top of a 2.4 billion hit last year, sources have said.
    Faced with such big losses, even a record rights issue may not leave RBS's core tier 1 ratio well above the 6 percent level considered as well capitalised, possibly forcing Chief Executive Fred Goodwin to consider more asset sales.
    Among the assets at the top of the list is RBS's insurance business. The bank is Britain's second-largest general insurer and one of the most efficient on the market, with a potentially attractive portfolio of personal, motor and commercial brands.

God Damn It.

Please tell me you still have a job...

BobCesca on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Showgirls was baaaad.

so bad it was epically good

No, not even a little bit.

Come on you gotta enjoy it on a ironic level

It's the worst movie Verhoeven has done. So bad.

Haphazard on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    People with curly hair are just above gingers on the annoying scale, a small step mind you.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Kagera wrote: »

I want kids, they are a cheap alternative to turkey at Christmas.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited April 2008
    Showgirls was baaaad.

so bad it was epically good

No, not even a little bit.

Come on you gotta enjoy it on a ironic level

It's the worst movie Verhoeven has done. So bad.

Damn and with his shittacular resume thats saying something. Though that was less his movie then the writer whos name escapes me.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Showgirls?

Well, at least it had plenty of T&A. :winky:

Echo on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    I've never seen Showgirls. I don't think I'm really missing out though.

ViolentChemistry on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Let me guess...

Sorry, man.

You would be correct, Sir.

It may not be that bad, apparently tomorrow they're announcing their "strategic options" for their Insurance businesses. What worries me is that they might start splitting up the brands and flogging them off individually, since the one that is my notional employer is likely to be (one of, if not the) first to go.

Potential Purchasers are apparently AIG, Allianz, AXA, and Generali. The only one I really know anything about is AXA, and I'm not fond of them.

japan on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Like you need an excuse Than
    I don't need one; it just helps. :P

Thanatos on
    edited April 2008

You can get T&A from better movies.

Echo on
    edited April 2008
    Preacher wrote: »

Not to mention the spastic gyrating in the pool sex scene.

Yeah that was the least convincing sex scene ever.

I could hear Kyle thinking 'What the fuck is this shit, I was in motherfucking Twin Peaks. This is Dune all over again GOD.'

Kagera on
    edited April 2008
    JPants wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote:
    Hey, Medo, you still mad at me?

In other news, the weather here managed to stay bad and we have maintained our 12"+ of snow on the ground. >< I got SUNBURNED in the HEAT three weeks ago. And now we're buried in snow!

....I love Alberta.
    Psh no :P

Omaha is terrible and you should feel terrible people that like OMaha

Omaha FTW. so many more options and you can always justify seeing the flop.

Which is lame, and also having that many cards confuses me. Two cards is easier.

The hardest thing about learning Omaha was remembering that you had to use exactly two cards from your hand. Though somewhat annoying, it does help bring down the amount of runner-runner flush stupidity.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2008
    BobCesca wrote: »

Yes, the question is liable to be who I'm working for.

japan on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    IF YOU WAS FROM

WHERE I WAS FROM

YOU'D BE FUCKING DEAD

Zen Vulgarity on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I've never seen it either but the book is pretty awesome. The guy who wrote it has a bunch of other books and other than their obvious environmental skew on most of them, they're pretty hilarious. One guy (bad guy) gets fucked to death by a dolphin in one of them.

JPants on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Nova_C wrote:

In other news, the weather here managed to stay bad and we have maintained our 12"+ of snow on the ground. >< I got SUNBURNED in the HEAT three weeks ago. And now we're buried in snow!

....I love Alberta.

Well, good. :P

Also, when you wrote the message "...is pretty behind." The first way I read it was "...has a pretty behind." And then lo and behold!

Nova_C on
    edited April 2008
    Nova_C wrote:

....I love Alberta.

Omaha FTW. so many more options and you can always justify seeing the flop.

Which is lame, and also having that many cards confuses me. Two cards is easier.

The hardest thing about learning Omaha was remembering that you had to use exactly two cards from your hand. Though somewhat annoying, it does help bring down the amount of runner-runner flush stupidity.

agree 100%

JPants on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    and now I take a shower an hour prematurely because curly hair has the most bullshit maintenance ever

Fuck people with straight hair who bitch when I say I hate my hair.

"But straight hair is so boring"

Yeah well having hair that looks like shit regardless of how you brush it isn't a fun time either asshole.

It took my wife like 20 years to figure out the right combination of products / hair care to deal with curly hair.

But now <3

skippydumptruck on
    edited April 2008

Don't scare me like that! Nearly put me off my yummy stir-fry :(

BobCesca on
    edited April 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »

I want kids, they are a cheap alternative to turkey at Christmas.

Only if you adopt them right before you need to cook them. Because I'm pretty sure it costs more to feed a kid than to feed a turkey. And then they want these things like clothes, and toys, and then the cost is just astronomical.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Let me guess...

Sorry, man.

You would be correct, Sir.

It may not be that bad, apparently tomorrow they're announcing their "strategic options" for their Insurance businesses. What worries me is that they might start splitting up the brands and flogging them off individually, since the one that is my notional employer is likely to be (one of, if not the) first to go.

Potential Purchasers are apparently AIG, Allianz, AXA, and Generali. The only one I really know anything about is AXA, and I'm not fond of them.

AXA and Allianz are known to me. Both are monolithic companies without any soul.

Haphazard on
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    House is backkkkkkkkkkkkkk

VishNub on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I lost the first hand of Omaha I ever played because of that rule. Lost a lot of money in that one, too.

Well at least now I'll never forget the rule again.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Ikariam is kind of broken. Trading posts shouldn't require special resources to upgrade, just wood. If you can't get marble, you're kind of fucked.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited April 2008
    My hair gets a bit curly if it's really damp outside and my hair is dry after just having washed it. Looks so damn silly.

Echo on
    edited April 2008
    Echo wrote: »

Yeah like strip tease, it was way funnier, thanks Robert Patrick!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2008

We're too valuable for them to start laying people off. Fortunately most of the business press are talking up our operational efficiency and massive profits, which I'm hoping means any other company that buys us won't feel compelled to fiddle too much.

japan on
    edited April 2008

I've never seen it either but the book is pretty awesome. The guy who wrote it has a bunch of other books and other than their obvious environmental skew on most of them, they're pretty hilarious. One guy (bad guy) gets fucked to death by a dolphin in one of them.

Wait

Is Showgirls a Carl Hiaasan (sp) book?

Medopine on
    edited April 2008
    Ikariam is kind of broken. Trading posts shouldn't require special resources to upgrade, just wood. If you can't get marble, you're kind of fucked.

In theory, you can always get marble, because there's always a marble island withing the minimum trading/pillaging range.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2008

We're too valuable for them to start laying people off. Fortunately most of the business press are talking up our operational efficiency and massive profits, which I'm hoping means any other company that buys us won't feel compelled to fiddle too much.

I think you missed the important part of my post, which was my very yummy stir-fry.

I shall berate you on the phone shortly.

BobCesca on
    edited April 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

Yeah like strip tease, it was way funnier, thanks Robert Patrick!

Yeah, so Strip Tease is the one i meant, not Show Girls.

Strip Tease is a hilarious book. Never seen the movie though.

JPants on
    edited April 2008

In theory, you can always get marble, because there's always a marble island withing the minimum trading/pillaging range.

Yeah I pillaged to get going on those resources at first

Medopine on
    edited April 2008

Wait, where are you again? I could send you some marble from the 80:80 neighborhood if you want.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2008

Wait

Is Showgirls a Carl Hiaasan (sp) book?

No, i totally fucked that up, it's Strip Tease that's his book.

Also, fuck yes for know Carl Hiaasan (no idea either)! Hi5!

JPants on
    edited April 2008
    AXA and Allianz are known to me. Both are monolithic companies without any soul.

So is RBS. :P

What concerns me about AXA is their aggressive outsourcing (to India and Ireland). For what is effectively a combined admin office and call centre, where I am now must be hugely expensive.

japan on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hmmm, I need to learn more about eccrine carcinomas and fast.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
This discussion has been closed.