As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EverQuest 2] Now Fully F2P, no more silly splitting of the population!

ArthilArthil Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
Everquest 2: Sentinel's Fate
everquest2sentinelfatev.jpg

The sixth expansion of the groundbreaking franchise, EverQuest®II Sentinel's Fate™ is an all-in-one compilation pack which transports players into a universe of legend and lore where adventures are just the beginning. The fabled lands of Odus, filled with epic quests, magnificent dungeons and limitless content provide the ultimate MMO experience for new players and seasoned veterans alike. Sentinel's Fate presents the next chapter of the EverQuest II legacy which will be written by the passion of players and fueled by the hunger for adventure.

Achieve your greatest potential with a level cap increase to 90
Discover two expansive new overland zones, The Sundered Frontier and Stone Brunt Highlands
Battle through 12 epic dungeon additions
Experience the legend of Odus through 400 new quests
Conquer five new Heritage Quests with valuable new loot
Equip over 2,000 new weapons and pieces of armor and items
Add all new alternate advancement abilities to your arsenal of powers
Defeat hundreds of new dangerous and cunning creatures
Includes Legends of Norrath™ strategic online trading card game and The Fall of Erudin scenario

Getting the game seemed an obvious choice for me, for I remembered enjoying a trial I played many months ago and all it took was toying around with another for me to realize that I was right. The game is very fun for me and a refreshing change of pace from what I've played before. Maybe its the large selection of races and classes, and the customization available for them, or it could be the idea of playing in a world that many have loved and experienced. It has undergone many changes from when it was released, many quests are soloable and you don't seem to really be punished for not grouping up. The leveling is going at a pace that I like, and the fact that there is seperate XP for your tradeskills as well as your alternate advancement gives you other things to look forward to. To give you an idea of the choices you have I'll list the races and classes, of which there are many.

Neutral races may start in either Freeport(Evil) or Qeynos(Good), there is also Kelethin(Good) Neriak(Evil) and Timorous Deep(Evil) that some races can choose to start in instead.
Races

* Barbarian (Neutral)
-Traditional Roles: Fighter, Priest

* Dark Elf (Evil)
-Traditional Roles: Mage, Priest, Scout

* Dwarf (Good)
-Traditional Roles: Fighter, Priest

* Erudite (Neutral)
-Traditional Roles: Mage, Priest

* Froglok (Good)
-Traditional Roles: Priest, Mage, Fighter

* Gnome (Neutral)
-Traditional Roles: Mage, Priest, Scout

* Half Elf (Neutral)
-Traditional Roles: Scout

* Halfling (Good)
-Traditional Roles: Scout, Priest

* High Elf (Good)
-Traditional Roles: Mage, Priest

* Human (Neutral)
-Traditional Roles: Any

* Iksar (Evil)
-Traditional Roles: Fighter, Mage

* Kerra (Good)
-Traditional Roles: Scout, Fighter, Priest

* Ogre (Evil)
-Traditional Roles: Fighter

* Ratonga (Evil)
-Traditional Roles: Scout, Mage

* Troll (Evil)
-Traditional Roles: Fighter

* Wood Elf (Good)
-Traditional Roles: Scout, Priest

* Arasai (Evil)

* Sarnak (Evil)

* Fae (Good)
-Traditional Roles

Classes

Fighter Archetype - Fighters use brute strength and sturdy weapons to deal physical damage to their enemies. Always at the forefront of combat, fighters stand toe-to-toe with opponents while keeping their allies from harm. No matter the risk, fighters never back down from a challenge.

* Warrior - Wielding heavy weapons, Warriors battle toe-to-toe with their enemies and protect their allies.
o Guardian - Well protected in their heavy armor, Guardians make great allies in battle. (Qeynos or Freeport)
o Berserker - Berserkers are among the most dangerous warriors, inflicting heavy damage on their foes with their chaotic fighting style. (Qeynos or Freeport)

* Brawler - Brawlers are masters of hand-to-hand combat, honing their bodies into ultimate weapons of destruction.
o Monk - With their knowledge of marital arts, Monks are dangerous yet graceful in battle.(Qeynos)
o Bruiser - Bruisers are in the frontlines of battle, laying waste their foes with brute force. (Freeport)

* Crusader - Crusaders channel divine powers, making them invincible in battle.
o Paladin - Paladins are among the most noble of warriors, valiantly defending truth, virtue and honor. (Qeynos)
o Shadowknight - Beware of the Shadowknights; for they are moved in battle by the forces of evil. (Freeport)

Priest Archetype - Priests serve their allies in battle, replenishing and augmenting their health and strength.

* Cleric - Clerics heal wounds and banish diseases from their fallen comrades.
o Templar - Templars use divine forces to aid their fellow adventurers. (Qeynos)
o Inquisitor - Inquisitors are fanatics who heal their comrades' bodies while controlling their souls. (Freeport).

* Druid - Druids harness the powers of nature to heal their allies in battle.
o Warden - Wardens protect the woodlands and wildlife, and heal the wounded in battle. (Qeynos or Freeport).
o Fury - Furies harness the most powerful elements of nature to help their allies in battle. (Qeynos or Freeport).

* Shaman - Shamans not only use the forces of nature to heal their comrades, they use it to turn evil magic back upon the enemy.
o Mystic - Mystics use prayer to connect with their ancestors, using their spirits to heal the wounded. (Qeynos).
o Defiler - Unholy acts, Defilers steal the spirits of their ancestors to aid their allies. (Freeport)

Mage Archetype - Armed with arcane and mystical knowledge, Mages use powerful magic against their enemies.

* Sorcerer - Sorcerers battle their foes with mystical forces and deadly spells.
o Wizard - Tapping into the elemental powers of fire and ice, Wizards are a deadly force to be reckoned with. (Qeynos or Freeport)
o Warlock - Warlocks spread disease and weaken their enemies with poisons. (Qeynos or Freeport)

* Enchanter - Enchanters defeat their enemies through mind control and misdirection.
o Illusionist - Illusionists use their powers to weaken and confuse their enemies and strengthen the powers of their allies. (Qeynos)
o Coercer - Coercers control the minds of weaker foes while bolstering the combat powers of their allies. (Freeport)

* Summoner - Summoners call forth powerful creatures to aid them in battle.
o Conjurer - Conjurers summon forth warriors ruled by the elemental forces of fire, air, soil, and water. (Qeynos)
o Necromancer - Necromancers summon battalions of the dead, making them powerful warriors and slaves to their will. (Freeport)

Scout Archetype - Through stealth and cunning, Scouts may infiltrate the enemy's camp or use the element of surprise for a devastating attack.

* Rogue - Rogues use trickery to gain the upper hand over their foes.
o Swashbuckler - Swashbucklers use charm to gain an advantage over their foes and others. (Qeynos)
o Brigand - Brigands are untrustworthy, backstabbing those not cautious in their presence. (Freeport).

* Bard - Bards use their musical power to inspire the courage of their allies on the battlefield.
o Troubadours - Troubadors sing songs that inspire strength and courage in the allies on the battlefield. (Qeynos or Freeport).
o Dirge - Dirges use the power of their chaotic music to weaken their enemies and inspire the fury of their allies. (Qeynos or Freeport).

* Predator - Predators are relentless hunters, using stealth and cunning to stalk their prey.
o Ranger - Rangers are master outdoorsmen and trackers, using stealth to defeat their adversaries. (Qeynos).
o Assassin - Assassins show neither mercy nor compassion when hunting their prey. (Freeport)

Classes are limited by alignment. Those that say Qeynos are Good aligned, while those that say Freeport are Evil. Those that include both can be chosen by either side. Apparently there are betrayal quests (except for the Fae, but that is expected in the next couple of months) so you can bring an evil character to the good side and vice versa. Though it doesn't appear being Evil or Good has a big affect anymore. From what I understand both sides can communicate with each other and be in the same guild. Hopefully a veteran can come in and explain this better, because a lot of sites are outdated on this part.

Crafting
In addition to your main class, you also get to choose an artisan class.

At level 10 you branch from artisan into either:
Craftsman
Outfitter
Scholar

Which at level 20 divide again:
Craftsman can choose:
Carpenter (Furniture and similar items)
Provisioner (Food and drink)
Woodworker (Bows, arrows, musical instruments, etc.)

Outfitter can choose:
Weaponsmith (Metal Weapons)
Armorsmith (Metal Armor)
Tailor (Clothes, leather armor)

Scholar can choose:
Alchemist (Potions, fighter skill upgrades)
Jeweler (Jewelry, scout skill upgrades)
Sage (Priest and mage skill upgrades)

And with the new expansion you also gain a secondary tradeskill:

Tinkerer (Makes tinkered items)
Transmuter (Allows for the crafting of adornments, which are similar to EQ1 augments or WoWs socketed items)

System Requirements

Minimum System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
Processor: 1 ghz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible. Pixel shader and Vertex shader compatible hardware with 64mb of texture memory*
Sound Card: DirectSound compatible audio hardware

Recommended System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
Processor: 2 ghz or greater
RAM: 1 gb
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible. Pixel shader and Vertex shader compatible hardware with 128mb of texture memory or greater*
Sound Card: DirectSound compatible audio hardware

Is there a Free Trial?
Why yes there is. You can download it here:
http://everquest2.com/freeTrial.vm

So I want to buy it, which version should I get?

Go to the store and buy the newest expansion
Rise of Kunark. It includes the three previous expansions, as well as the full game and the three adventure packs for $39.99. You also get the standard 30 days free.

What about the monthly fee?
It's $14.99.

People Who Play
Antonia Bayle
HarshLanguage- Guild: Nerrin is in the guild Avalorien. Great guild, one of the longest-running on AB, recruiting again after a torrid affair with TSO raiding. The raiders didn't mesh with the core of laid back but serious long-time players. Avalorien has a beautiful T3 hall in Qeynos. If any of you are interested in joining, PM me or mail Nerrin in-game.
Nerrin, 81+ Fury and 80+ Sage
Alts-
Avendra, 14 SK and 35ish Armorer (my AA project, 50 and counting)
Zedari, 47 Wizard and 19 Scholar
Octarine, 16 Coercer

flammiebc- Guild: I'm in the Wings of Tunare guild on AB, but between my sparse (and late-night) playtimes, I might see 5-10 others on at any given time. But we manage to run dungeons pretty much nightly, so it's not too bad overall.
Truglidyte, L55 Assassin/10 craftsman
Alts-
Flammie, L45 Mystic/56 Woodworker
Qalla, L24 Brigand/54 Jeweler

buddylee- Guild: I'm in Relic, a progression guild that has just finished DoF and is working through KoS content/raids atm. Not a raiding guild, despite that, just a friendly guild that likes to do the content.
Crimsyn

Invisible- Guild:I'm in the First Lords a level 60-something guild. Not the most active bunch, but there's always a few on and they're friendly and helpful.
Iseal, level 90 Wizard
Alts-
Zadyce, Mystic
Zohhak, Templar
Hruuk, Monk
Eshok, Shadow Knight

Klatu- Guild: I, like Buddy, am in Relic. Great crowd.
Main - Various - 72 Ranger
Alts-
Kaylean - 26 Pally
Kendrith - 63 Templar

Zedar- Guild: Guildless
Daphnis - 14 Inquisitor

juice for jesus- Guild: Guildless?
Unoo - level 20 Defiler
Oojodo - level 20 Bruiser
Oosidi - level 7 Swashbuckler (not really diggin this guy)
Ujuju - level 8 Conjuror (love his little blob of doodoo pet)

CorriganX- Guild: Guildless?
Coadeyder, 13 or so Dirge

Arthil- Guild: The Storm Council(Dunno if I'm staying)
Vashyyre - Level 15 Kerran Monk

Toxic Pickle-
Hruk- Shadowknight Level ??
Zhurai- Necromancer Level ??

strebalicious- Unguilded
Pulverize, Level 40 Bruiser
Unrest Server
Stryker42- Guild: Old Timer's Guild
Caldyen - 90 Templar
Najena Server
LeTwig-
Simiana - 70 Gnome Monk
Marvelous Fabulous - 70 Human Paladin
But what if I don't want to/can't join any of yous guys guilds?!
Sonelan wrote: »
The answer is probally gonna be really obvious but how do I talk in the PA channel?

I figured I'd double-post to answer this so everyone can find it:

To join the PennyArcade custom chat channel from any server (thanks to Axen) type:

/join antonia_bayle.pennyarcade :coksdikslol

After you join, the channel will be assigned a number (#) like all your other chat channels.

To talk on the PennyArcade custom chat channel from any server (thanks to BuddyLee) type:

/# Your chat text here.

Put the PA channel number in place of the #.

To see what channels you are on, and their assigned numbers, type:

/channellist

To see who is on a particular channel, type:

/whochannel #
Put the PA channel number in place of the #.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
Arthil on

• HiravaxisHiravaxis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I play with the Goons on Unrest server.

Hiravaxis on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have never wanted to play this game

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You've never even given the trial a try? I would definitely suggest it, I originally didn't think I'd like the game because of what others used to say about it but the game was far more fun then they let on.

Arthil on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well, it's too late now anyway. If I'm going to start playing MMO's again, it'll be with either WAR or AoC, not EQ2

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Regulat0rRegulat0r Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've had a subscription of it for the passed 2 weeks now and I just can't get into it.

I have a 20 SK and a 20 Necromancer. Started the SK in Timrous Deep and the Necro in Neriak. It really does feel like a more sloppy version of WoW. Not to mention there is not that many people playing.

Regulat0r on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2008
    I played WoW for a good while, enough to be completely burned out on it. I've seen nothing that makes me think its a 'copy' of WoW, sure both have similar aspects but... its WoW that got that from the original Everquest. Its all the little things that make it better to me I guess.

Arthil on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I finished the demo zone. Which sucked... I mean I thought I had the full game considering the fact that the fucking thing took 30 hours or so to patch. I did all the quests though in the zone, did all the collections, and even beat a hidden boss, the really hard hitting shark. D:

Lucky Cynic on
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've always liked the Trial of the Isle... it's actually what convinced my to buy the game. There's challenges there if you want, decent loot for newbies, hidden stuff, a good number of quests... and of course there are two different versions of the zone for good/evil. You can tell it's not a recently created zone (though it was redone at one point), and it does hew to the "old" EQ2 style, but it's certainly not terrible.

But the Fae zone is in that new style, and it's much more impressive and immersive and, well, modern.

I really need to get back to my 30 Fury one of these days. I got a little bogged down in quests (trying to do as many as possible for AAs) and stopped leveling... Furies are a great class, but the soloing got a little old especially when more and more quests required killing heroic mobs. I should really stop worrying about AAs, since there's more than enough quests later on, and get in a nice dungeon group as backup healer/damage.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
    edited April 2008
    Yeah Cynic, exactly what Harsh just said. The island starting zones in comparison to say... Kelethin, Neriak or Timorous Deep are kind of crappy. Theres also a lot more to do in Kelethin/Neriak since they aren't just this little tiny island. I'm glad that you decided to give it a try though, and yeah the downloading is kind of... long. Try out a character either in Kelethin or Neriak and see how you like it, those two zones are restricted to certain races, at least Kelethin is.

Arthil on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I finished the demo zone. Which sucked... I mean I thought I had the full game considering the fact that the fucking thing took 30 hours or so to patch. I did all the quests though in the zone, did all the collections, and even beat a hidden boss, the really hard hitting shark. D:
    Did you kill the heroic Eagle?

Glal on
    edited April 2008
    What about that anemone thing next to the waterfalls? The big bad tree-ghost thing? The necromancer? >.>

Arthil on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I got this game the day it came out and played it for awhile. I got a Paladin to level 20 something, founded a pretty big guild, and then left.

I really liked the graphics and grouping system, along with the combat and gorgeous environments. I loved the music, too, the game just had a great ambiance, but I could never seem to legitimately keep levelling due to a lack of people and the sheer inefficiency of late Antonica. Indeed, I've basically done Qeynos/Freeport and their respective secondary areas (antonica/what?) like a jillion times around launch, and I haven't fucked around with it since.

I loved playing a Paladin, though, and some of the new areas look gorgeous. What have they changed seriously since launch? I know they removed the class branching and evidenty added some new cities, but is that it? Is Neriak an awesome, evil, dark elf city like I had hoped? The thing that bugged me the most about EQ2 was only having two starting cities rather than the original like, 10 or 12 that EQOA and EQ had.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited April 2008
    Glal wrote: »
    Did you kill the heroic Eagle?

Wait what?

Lucky Cynic on
    edited April 2008
    Remember the area with all those animal tamers? You need to use moles to attract and kill eagles at its entrance? I can't remember how off the top of my head (I think you read it from one of the books), but you can get a giant mole, which you then place at the top of the hill with the named mob with two pet eagles. If the huge eagle that circles that area is overhead at the time it'll swoop down, and if you manage to beat it you get a chest.

Tricky killing it solo though; I just damaged it by more than 50%, then ran to the guard NPCs nearby so they finished killing it. I still got credit for the kill because I did more than half the damage. :D

Glal on
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have a Sarnak Shadowknight in the 20s on god if I remember which server. I really enjoyed EQ2 and may resub soon. Took me a while to find the right class but damn do I love the Shadowknight

Edit* On one of the PvP servers. I can only remember Vox as far as names go and I'm not sure if it's that one.

Typhus733 on
    edited April 2008
    To your question Fandy, yes a lot has changed. It is far more solo friendly now and from what I recall of seeing the Dark Elf city it is filled with evilness, when I clicked on the leader of the city her voice scared me D: .

Arthil on
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    I have a Sarnak Shadowknight in the 20s on god if I remember which server. I really enjoyed EQ2 and may resub soon. Took me a while to find the right class but damn do I love the Shadowknight

Edit* On one of the PvP servers. I can only remember Vox as far as names go and I'm not sure if it's that one.

Nagafen is the other PvP server. Vox is the station-exchange enabled PvP server.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
    edited April 2008
    Well if anyone decides to try it out I'm playing on Lucan D'Lere as Gukarz or Vylazz.

Arthil on
  • xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm on Befallen as Davic and Muska if anyone has characters there

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I wish for you all to know that I do not want to 'Play the Fae', but I will still try your vidjamagame.

Question: Does the updater ever end?

Carnarvon on
    edited April 2008
    No, no it never ends. I'm only being slightly serious there but you're pretty much downloading the entire games content up until the third expansion, well most of it. Don't worry about the Fae part though, if you had read the OP <.<..., you would know once you make a Fae you can make any damn thing you want, aside from Sarnak.

Now I've found something interest out about this game, you can send tells to people on other servers and I think have them on your friends list. You can also make channels that can be joined across servers. So if we can't really get everything to try playing on the same server at the very least we can have ourselves a channel for cocksdickslulz.

Arthil on
    edited April 2008
    You can also download the beta Station Launcher, which has a friends list that sort of acts like an IM client in that it lets you directly chat with people if they're online, even if you yourself are not. They just see the messages as if they came from the person whom you added the friend as (and you can also edit friends this way, you're not limited to the ones you set in-game).

Glal on
    edited April 2008
    Man wtf, EQ2 is still $40!?

Lucky Cynic on
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, with all the expansions and veteran rewards. Unlike WoW, buying the latest expansion (in a box) gets you the full game and all the previous ones as well.

Glal on
    edited April 2008
    hint: after making a fae, do not delete it until you make another character. you will have to make another fae.

the horror

Carnarvon on
    edited April 2008
    Glal wrote: »
    Yeah, with all the expansions and veteran rewards. Unlike WoW, buying the latest expansion (in a box) gets you the full game and all the previous ones as well.

Maybe when it drops down to $30.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited April 2008
    Just make sure you install it from the DVD then, and not just run the trial- while it feels like it downloaded the entire game three times over it didn't, and the game will crash when it tries to load a missing area.

Glal on
    edited April 2008
    Question: Why do I look so indisious?
    eq2000001je9.jpg
    93575493zm6.jpg

Carnarvon on
    edited April 2008
    I don't know why but that Kajiit is checking you out.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited April 2008
    You should get it Cynic, not only do you get the original game plus all the expansions, you get all the vet rewards as someone else said, but also the three adventure packs which generally no one would buy normally even if it is more content. So you get a shit load of content right there, besides the latest expansion wont go down to $30 until they release another one. If you -really- don't want to pay $40 though you can get the expansion that came out before Rise of Kunark... though you might have some trouble finding it, and wont get the adventure packs or the ability to make a Sarnak/go to their zones which are awesome.

Edit: Thats a Kerra not a Khajit.

Arthil on
    edited April 2008
    I was being a smartass about that Khajiit. And I would actually consider EQ2 but I really have no time to put into it until maybe around June. And that's when WAR guild beta is supposed to start....

Lucky Cynic on
  • dnilbdnilb Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I recently deactivated my account and am taking a break from EQ2. I played it for about 3 months as a break from wow, then went back to wow with some RL friends, then tried it again for another few months. It is a really nice change from wow. It just seems like it's actually never ending. Every time I logged on I had something I needed or wanted to get done. That can be a good or a bad thing, you get sort of overwhelmed.

My first character was a 56 brigand that ended up with about 25 AA, which is horrible. It took me an entire 3 months to get 56 cause I was new. But once I got the hang of things I leveled a Berserker to 53 with 90 AA and it was alot of fun. Going from WoW instances to EQ2 instances is just amazing. EQ2 instances can be very involving, hunting for named, watching out for damn Qeynosians (nagafen ftw).

The thing that keeps me from playing this is that it is just so damn time consuming. If you play it casually it's hard to really get stuff done. Leveling can take a long time especially if you don't know what your doing. AA can get overwhelming because if you don't have AA your character will be gimp. Another thing is just gearing up. Every tier (12,22,32,42,52,62) you have the option of getting mastercrafted gear, which is basically the best gear for your level. To get this gear you need certain rares you get from harvesting. I've spent countless hours just farming for these damned rares. I was lucky to have a 56 brigand to farm it all for my Zerk. Also, please save yourself the trouble and DO NOT level by just instancing. Some times it can take a good 2+hours to find a group, and while it's good XP and you get AA from the named, questing is a lot better. Half instancing and half questing worked really well for me.

If your wondering if you should play this game I say go for it. Fantastic crafting system, especially if you've been playing WoW. Playing it casually isnt impossible, for me it was bad cause I was in a guild with some friends that wanted me to raid tank and tried to rush me after level 40+, I just said screw it an quit after a while. PVP can be pretty fun, at the same time it can make you want to tear your eyes out. Play on Nagafen at your own risk. People go insane over their titles, so they will use any cheap tactic to keep it. But it can also lead to some good times. (Some of the most fun I've had was SS dock pvp raids)

All in all it's a good game, but if your waiting for AoC and WAR, which are coming soon, then you may not have time to see alot of the good parts of the game. Definetly worth a shot otherwise.

dnilb on
    dnilb.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I just got back into this. I currently have a lvl 15 Troll Paladin named Gorgut on Lucan D'Lere.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    edited April 2008
    Well dnilb if you come back again we might have something going on Lucan D'Lere, I'll also mention that if you make a character on Lucan D'Lere that you should post your race/class/name here so that I can add it to the main post. I'll be looking into setting up a channel for us as well. The guild that I'm in currently, Born In Blood, will gladly take you guys in I'd imagine and they all seem very helpful and generous. I get a mailbox full of crafted food from one person nearly every time I log on it seems.

Arthil on
  • dnilbdnilb Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I may come back if I can convince atleast one of my rl friends to stop playing WoW. When I get my new beefy computer i'm going to be even more tempted...

must...stay...away...

dnilb on
    dnilb.png
  • MongbatMongbat regular
    edited April 2008
    I don't suppose the 14 free days would apply to resurrecting an old account - I kinda miss my old halfling necromancer, but I'm not sure I want to really get back into playing again (because then I'd have to buy all the expansions).

Mongbat on
    edited April 2008
    Well no it wont be added onto your current account, though from something I read in an older thread it said that former EQ2 players would find the ability to have a couple of weeks for free on their existing account. Not sure if that is still going on or not though.

Arthil on
    edited April 2008
    May be a double post but bah, I wanted to mention that you guys should give a good spread of the classes a try. Not all of them, but at least give one from each archetype a try. Even in the Fighter/Scout/Mage/Priest archetypes theres a lot of variety, if you don't like one class another one under the same archetype might suit you.

Alright I made a Penny Arcade channel on Lucan D'Lere, to join it you need to right click your chat choose chat options then type in the info on the right.

Channel Name: PennyArcade
    Password: coksdikslol

Hope to see some people in there soon.

Arthil on
  • xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I tried to join the channel cross server from befallen with /join LucanD'Lere.PennyArcade but it tells me I am unable to enter even with the pass. Ah well.

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
    edited April 2008
    Hm... it might be because I wasn't on D:? I'm not sure how the cross server thing works so I'm not sure how to get that to work.

Arthil on