As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Democratic Primaries: Pennsylvania, key hellhole state

1343536373840»

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Fleck0 wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Hmmmm....

29 North Carolina Legislators Endorse Barack Obama

So how many of those are supers? I doubt very many (or any) or else they probably would have made a bigger deal about it.

I heard Obama was going to be rolling out some supers in NC and IN to take attention away from Hil's Pennsylvania win

Cool, they can have a party with the 50 supers who announced their support for Obama after Super Tuesday and the gaggle who announced their support last night after PA.
    Brad Henry can gaggle! Why won't you let him gaggle?

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    Fleck0 wrote: »
    Hmmmm....

29 North Carolina Legislators Endorse Barack Obama

So how many of those are supers? I doubt very many (or any) or else they probably would have made a bigger deal about it.

I heard Obama was going to be rolling out some supers in NC and IN to take attention away from Hil's Pennsylvania win

Cool, they can have a party with the 50 supers who announced their support for Obama after Super Tuesday and the gaggle who announced their support last night after PA.
    Brad Henry can gaggle! Why won't you let him gaggle?
    When did gaggle become a verb?

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2008

The idea makes me want to gaggle.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Why do I get the feeling that none of this has nothing to do with geese?

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

I will gaggle you all night long, I swear to God.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oooooh, the New Yorker brings a very good term for attacking Obama on Ayers: McCarthyism. I think that should be used a little more widely, as it isn't hyperbole.

Savant on
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think the group noun for animals have always been verbs.

Pack of dogs. He packs fudge.

Pride of lions. I pride my wang.

School of fish. I school newbs.

Murder of crows.
    2.jpg

Gaggle of geese. Will gaggles the cahrk.

JamesKeenan on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hillary punching out a dragon on the steps of Philly would make an awesome story.

Shit... now it's out there. Expect to see that on CNN before tomorrow.
    Dude, you're right. Obama is totally the great beast named Dragon who's number is 666. Quick, to the CNN machine!

Curse these typing hands!

THEY'RE DOING IT AGAIN!

OBAMA CURSES TYPING AND HANDS!
    MORE AT 11!

The Muffin Man on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Savant wrote: »
    Oooooh, the New Yorker brings a very good term for attacking Obama on Ayers: McCarthyism. I think that should be used a little more widely, as it isn't hyperbole.

Ah, The New Yorker. Dense and pretentious, like Podly, and yet often awesome and correct, like me.

Senjutsu on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »

Ah, The New Yorker. Dense and pretentious, like Podly, and yet often awesome and correct, like me.

Pojutsu? Sendly?

moniker on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Okay, I think I'm going to give $25 to Obama and $25 to the DNC. I need to work some overtime so I can do this once a month all the way up to November.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That is the only halfway-decent article I have ever read out of the New Yorker.

I really didn't think it was that good.

Thanatos on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    NC GOP vows to air ad anyway

Gee, didn't see that coming. :P

Houn on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    That is the only halfway-decent article I have ever read out of the New Yorker.

I really didn't think it was that good.

what....what are you saying?

Senjutsu on
    edited April 2008

The problem is that half the nation thinks McCarthy was some sort of hero for pointing out the Commie menace.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Really, Jeffe?

I've never seen McCarthy depicted in a positive light myself.

Robos A Go Go on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Second super of the day for Obama.

Magic number if he performs as expected the rest of the way (via the infamous "leaked spreadsheet" is now 63 supers.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Really, Jeffe?

You've obviously not spoken to many people over about 40.

mcdermott on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Really, Jeffe?

Yeah, I was under the same impression myself, until I watched Good Night, and Good Luck with some family and there were more than a few uh wells with tones of disapproval at Murrow calling McCarthy out.

SithDrummer on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Really, Jeffe?

Raging lunatic froth-at-the-mouth conservatives have tried to paint McCarthy in a positive, revisionist historical light.

Ann Coulter thinks Tailgunner Joe was just spiffy, for example.

Lawndart on
    edited April 2008
    Really, Jeffe?

Or Republicans. There's a point to be made whereby McCarthy was correct in that the USSR was legitimately trying to infilitrate our government with communist plants (though they sucked at it), but any such point is immediately erased by McCarthy being a paranoid asshole who accused people of being commies just because they pissed him off.

ElJeffe on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Really, Jeffe?

Or Republicans. There's a point to be made whereby McCarthy was correct in that the USSR was legitimately trying to infilitrate our government with communist plants (though they sucked at it), but any such point is immediately erased by McCarthy being a paranoid asshole who accused people of being commies just because they pissed him off.

Wow... The More You Know...

I didn't need any more reasons to hate old people... but liking McCarthy? I thought he was supposed to be a super villain or something...

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I'd have thought the people who were old enough to experience the Red Scare for themselves would have a greater disdain for him than those of us who only know about him from movies and Twilight Zone allegories with aliens in place of communists.

And I had no idea Republicans were trying to paint him as some kind of hero, more recently.

Yikes.

Robos A Go Go on
  • ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Just heard Woolson or Wolfson (whatever the fuck that douchebag's name is) in NPR.

First time hearing him talk, god, that guy is a douche.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'd just like to say that, based off last night, Al Gore was right back in 2000.
    During a campaign stop at an Altoona paper mill Monday, presidential contender Al Gore launched into an unexpected 40-minute tirade against the "not-so-great state of Pennsylvania," calling it "the nation's armpit" and "a total hellhole."

shryke on
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    shryke wrote: »
    I'd just like to say that, based off last night, Al Gore was right back in 2000.
    During a campaign stop at an Altoona paper mill Monday, presidential contender Al Gore launched into an unexpected 40-minute tirade against the "not-so-great state of Pennsylvania," calling it "the nation's armpit" and "a total hellhole."

I love that article.
    One contestant, attempting to present Gore with a bushel of Pennsylvania apples, was reportedly waved aside with the words, "No. No fucking way."

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    shryke wrote: »

I actually hurt myself laughing at that. Like, physically hurt myself. I am now in great pain.

totally worth it

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man, Jack Cafferty visibly incensed about bullshit is so pleasant. He's been growing on me so much during this primary season.

Litejedi on
    3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
This discussion has been closed.