As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need Help determining the value of my PC

Double_FacesDouble_Faces Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm about to sell this thing, and I ain't selling it on here, because it's a local cash thing, but I did want your opinion on how much I should ask for it. Here's what I'm working with:

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: 965P-DS3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
SB Audigy 4
DVD R/RW drive
no monitor (keeping that)

any ballparks? anything else that needs to be known?

SSBB Code: 0258 9993 5495
Double_Faces on

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    anywhere between 300 and 500, mostly likely around $370

if you don't include an OS, then the price drops to about $200 to $250

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ^^ pretty much agree, although It'd depend on the case and PSU a bit as well. I think you'd be able to move it a bit easier if you bumped it to 2gb of ram which should only cost $20

Rook on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Rook wrote: »
    ^^ pretty much agree, although It'd depend on the case and PSU a bit as well. I think you'd be able to move it a bit easier if you bumped it to 2gb of ram which should only cost $20

THat's iff he has a 1gb stick in there though. If it's only a two slot motherboard and he's got two 512 mb sticks then he'd be stuck with leftover ram in the end.

Also yeah, if it's a generic case, or the psu is under 400w, knock another $50 to $70 off the price

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Are there any legal problems with leaving my legal copies of Photoshop, XP and Dreamweaver on there? Does it up the value at all?

Double_Faces on
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Depends... are you leaving them on there and providing the people with the software/disks/licenses for these programs? Or are you leaving them on there and at the same time installing them on a new/other computer so you can continue to use them?

Daenris on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I won't have access to them once I give them away, so all good?

Double_Faces on
  • Options
    SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sounds good (giving over backups I mean, you can totally do that)- thats even a half decent software package, now that manufacturers have pretty much dropped doing that sort of thing for free.

Prolly around 350/400, as mentioned.

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

THat's iff he has a 1gb stick in there though. If it's only a two slot motherboard and he's got two 512 mb sticks then he'd be stuck with leftover ram in the end.

Also yeah, if it's a generic case, or the psu is under 400w, knock another $50 to $70 off the price

Psst. Desktops come with 4 ram slots :)

Rook on
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Psst. Desktops come with 4 ram slots :)

Psst. Not all of them. Some come with two. Hell, I have one that has 3 slots. However the model listed in the OP does appear to have 4 RAM slots.

Daenris on