As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] Team Fortress 2: I've posted in water buffalos more tougher than you!

• Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    God damn, you are all so photogenic tonight :D

Enjoy these pictures

Demoman runs in for a bottlin'
    026.jpg

"mhmm mh mhmmhh (translation: Kill? huh? You got the wrong guy)"
    027.jpg

Do you speak australian mother flipper
    028.jpg

It's like some wierd twisted rain
    029.jpg

The new unlock for the soldier, bum rockets!
    030.jpg

You can literally feel the force behind this one
    031.jpg

This just looks plain cool
    032.jpg

My favourite so far. DEMON HEAVY!!!
    033.jpg

All my TF2 pictures are here: http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/Idoliside/tf2/

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Monsty wrote: »
    A sniper and spy camping red's spawnpoint. Quite the assholish duo for such a task. I like it.

Indeed. And I was disguised as a red sniper to give it the sniper duel feel.

P.S. (Edit) - Our plan worked. Our team capped B shortly after this started and we went on to win the map.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Demitri OmniDemitri Omni Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    c1a00010kv0.jpg

Should the payload go to the right, towards the test chamber, or left towards the regular game areas (which will probably lend for better combat situations)?

Demitri Omni on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    c1a00010kv0.jpg

Should the payload go to the right, towards the test chamber, or left towards the regular game areas (which will probably lend for better combat situations)?

Should always go for the areas with good combat situations.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ideas for that hallway being blocked off?

Demitri Omni on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008

Out of gas
    Out of road
    Out of car
    I don't know how I'm going to go and
    I had a drink the other day
    Opinions were like kittens
    I was giving them away and
    I had a drink the other day
    I had a lot to say
    And I said
    You will come down soon too
    You will come down too soon

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Idoliside wrote: »
    God damn, you are all so photogenic tonight :D

Enjoy these pictures

Demoman runs in for a bottlin'
    026.jpg

"mhmm mh mhmmhh (translation: Kill? huh? You got the wrong guy)"
    027.jpg

Do you speak australian mother flipper
    028.jpg

It's like some wierd twisted rain
    029.jpg

The new unlock for the soldier, bum rockets!
    030.jpg

You can literally feel the force behind this one
    031.jpg

This just looks plain cool
    032.jpg

My favourite so far. DEMON HEAVY!!!
    033.jpg

All my TF2 pictures are here: http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/Idoliside/tf2/

hey I was that demoman!

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ideas for that hallway being blocked off?

I'd say just put an unopenable door there, it's not like Black Mesa had a shortage of those, unless you're modeling it after the resonance cascade, where some debris would fit in nicely

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think right would be cooler because it's iconic, but better combat = better game.

A big ol' blast door would do.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ugh I haven't used GMOD in so long
    tc_hydro0001.jpg

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Quick pyro trio.

cp_gravelpit0020.jpg

pl_goldrush0009.jpg

cp_granary0012.jpg

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh man my pic rocks

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Image dump of the starting area (BLU spawn):

The small console to the left of the door is setup as a dispenser entity (the same as the one on top of the bomb) that dispenses to those near the door itself. There is a sentry inside the airlock, indestructible and allied to BLU. The bomb arrives by the tram and rolls to the first door. I'm going to set it up to open when it arrives, roll into the airlock to its starting position, and then the inner door will open once the setup time is over. I also plan there to be a secondary vent entrance up above the door (ere the random crates and stuff serving as steps up to the top of it). I have a LOT of player clip in that area to keep people from falling and/or getting stuck.
    plblackmesa0000qd4.jpg
    plblackmesa0001kh6.jpg
    plblackmesa0002kj2.jpg
    plblackmesa0003wq0.jpg
    plblackmesa0004ia2.jpg

Demitri Omni on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh man my pic rocks

told ya.

well, I might not have, but I thought it out loud

edit: I look forward to testing that out Demitri

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Kind of a small area for 12 players. Can you add some hastily built wooden platforms for people to stand on?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    Kind of a small area for 12 players. Can you add some hastily built wooden platforms for people to stand on?

Keep in mind that the initial chamber that houses Barney's desk will be completely covered by a turret (and further protected in the event of the first capture). That said, I WILL be making the area a bit more spatious, I'm just not sure what precisely I'm going to do yet.

Demitri Omni on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I wish there were some updated textures on it though. I don't mean to discredit your work, which is great, but it just seems out-dated, especially with the soldier's arms in the same picture.

Either way, it should be an interesting map.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Centipeed's super happy awesome mega tip for winning Goldrush: ADVANCE THE CART.

Although it strikes me as intrinsic to the gametype, some people don't seem to realise that advancing the cart in Goldrush (When you're attacking, of course) is the primary object.

Every movement you make, as an attacker, should be towards the cart. Don't double back to kill someone who's run past you. That doesn't advance the cart. 6 of you milling around your own spawn trying to root out a scout doesn't get you any closer to winning, which is what I assume you want to do?

If you need to shoot at something behind you, run backwards away from them, towards the cart. I constantly see people making little errands that don't contribute towards winning in the slightest. A single enemy milling outside the enemy's spawn can incapacitate a team far more than an entire defensive line nearer the cart, it seems.

So please remember to advance the cart. It's not deathmatch.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You people are fucking pathetic. I can't believe that you all pissed yourselves when Marty and I started tandem ubering a few days ago, because its already incredibly hard to pull off now. Whine about no counters, whine about it being overpowered. Its not, you got hit with a tactic to didn't adapt to yet, and got beaten by it, adapt and don't fill up this thread with your useless tears.

I guess that hurts your ego's or something? Grow some balls, every single one of you.
    Centipeed wrote: »

You realize that you are talking to PA right?

Butterfly Boy on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Throw every texture into photoshop and do some filter rape to make them look all cartoony.

Also when he gets lights in to get rid of fullbright it should make it look nicer, less Half-Life 1 like.

EDIT: holy shit I wasn't there but it's awesome that you've gotten so angry over it

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You people are fucking pathetic. I can't believe that you all pissed yourselves when Marty and I started tandem ubering a few days ago, because its already incredibly hard to pull off now. Whine about no counters, whine about it being overpowered. Its not, you got hit with a tactic to didn't adapt to yet, and got beaten by it, adapt and don't fill up this thread with your useless tears.

I guess that hurts your ego's or something? Grow some balls, every single one of you.
    maget don't make me midair you again

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    TwistedFateTwistedFate Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Way to rape the dead horse...We stopped talking about the medic thing ages ago. It really isn't all that hard to bust up. As for the slower classes, if you can't/didn't see them coming, speed's not going to help you.

TwistedFate on
    thIs fOrUm dEsErvEs A bEttEr clAss Of OttEr, And I'm gOnnA gIvE It tO 'Em. yOU'll sEE, I'll shOw yA
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Centipeed's super happy awesome mega tip for winning Goldrush: ADVANCE THE CART.

Although it strikes me as intrinsic to the gametype, some people don't seem to realise that advancing the cart in Goldrush (When you're attacking, of course) is the primary object.

Every movement you make, as an attacker, should be towards the cart. Don't double back to kill someone who's run past you. That doesn't advance the cart. 6 of you milling around your own spawn trying to root out a scout doesn't get you any closer to winning, which is what I assume you want to do?

If you need to shoot at something behind you, run backwards away from them, towards the cart. I constantly see people making little errands that don't contribute towards winning in the slightest. A single enemy milling outside the enemy's spawn can incapacitate a team far more than an entire defensive line nearer the cart, it seems.

If you have every player on the team standing around the cart you're all going to get ravaged by explosives spam. It only takes a couple people to move it at a decent pace, most of the team should focus on clearing out the surrounding area.

Zek on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You only need 4 people at the cart. A Heavy and Soldier next to/on it, a Scout to quickly deal with any single enemies trying to harass them and as the extra push, and a Medic to keep them all healed and able to heal anyone else who needs to fall back. Maybe a Pyro if you're having Spy troubles.

Everyone else should be trying to break Red's defense before the cart gets there.

Mars on
  • Options
    SvidrigailovSvidrigailov Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh my lord, <3 Goldrush sniping.

Three dominations in three shots!

Svidrigailov on
    Neither the whole of truth nor the whole of good is revealed to any single observer, although each observer gains a partial superiority of insight from the peculiar position in which he stands. It is enough to ask of each of us that he should be faithful to his own opportunities and make the most of his own blessings, without presuming to regulate the rest of the vast field.
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

You realize that you are talking to PA right?

Holy fuck Butterfly-man. Way to sound like a TOTAL ass and complete dick-wad. Calm down for five seconds.

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man I love the new update!
    Goldrush is fun if you have good teams. When i'm on defense and both teams are really gong at it it's awesome, also vice versa.
    Even though I haven't gotten Kritzkrieg yet the new achievements/weapons really bring some new motivation to the table to play a better medic.
    Also at one point one guy said "How do I level up my weapons" that gave me a laugh.
    Image dump of the starting area (BLU spawn):

The small console to the left of the door is setup as a dispenser entity (the same as the one on top of the bomb) that dispenses to those near the door itself. There is a sentry inside the airlock, indestructible and allied to BLU. The bomb arrives by the tram and rolls to the first door. I'm going to set it up to open when it arrives, roll into the airlock to its starting position, and then the inner door will open once the setup time is over. I also plan there to be a secondary vent entrance up above the door (ere the random crates and stuff serving as steps up to the top of it). I have a LOT of player clip in that area to keep people from falling and/or getting stuck.
    plblackmesa0000qd4.jpg
    plblackmesa0001kh6.jpg
    plblackmesa0002kj2.jpg
    plblackmesa0003wq0.jpg
    plblackmesa0004ia2.jpg

Keep up the good work, can't wait to play it.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh, and about the textures, I'm probably going to use a mix of the old and TF2 textures, but I'll hopefully be able to use lighting to draw more attention to the more cartoony textures, and also hopefully the design will overpower the textures.

Demitri Omni on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh, and about the textures, I'm probably going to use a mix of the old and TF2 textures, but I'll hopefully be able to use lighting to draw more attention to the more cartoony textures, and also hopefully the design will overpower the textures.

Sounds good. What you do is way beyond me, so I'm very impressed either way.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Another few images:
    I HAVE CREATED A PORTAL TO NARNIA
    plblackmesa0000ya1.jpg

still a few stupid holes to fix/prevent
    plblackmesa0002oj1.jpg

maybe i should scrap the horizontal bolts
    plblackmesa0003ni7.jpg

Demitri Omni on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

Man, I havent heard the bitching about it anywhere near the level that you two talk about it. For someone who is tired of the whining you sure do bring it up every 5 seconds. It wasnt even all that cool or special enough to be cheap. Just shut the fuck up already.

I even recall our team being quiet about it (in public chat) WHILE you were doing it. and the private chat wasn't even "hey thats unfair" or whatever. It was more along the lines of "Man, those guys are dickwads, oh well time to play GTA."

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, I havent heard the bitching about it anywhere near the level that you two talk about it. For someone who is tired of the whining you sure do bring it up every 5 seconds. It wasent even all that cool or special enough to be cheap. Just shut the fuck up already.

I even recall our team being quiet about it (in public chat) WHILE you were doing it.

Your drugs, I must have them.

Butterfly Boy on
  • Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh yeah, I'm not saying that everyone needs to be surrounding the cart. It's just that when half a team is still at spawn because they're hunting down someone who's back there, it both lets the cart drift backwards and gives the defense longer to solidify their position. A constant offence is the best, methinks.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Did TF2 become serious business while I was away?

There appear to be many panties in twists.

I mean, if it's serious business now that's fine, I'll just have to get a-twistin' to be cool again.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So this weekend is free to everybody? And only for the weekend right?

That might be verrryyyy interesting, however, I will be out of town for mothers day, so I guess I'll catch up on the shenanigans later.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Icemopper wrote: »

That might be verrryyyy interesting, however, I will be out of town for mothers day, so I guess I'll catch up on the shenanigans later.

It's over, you missed it. Go home.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    jonxp wrote: »

Oh... yeah I'm not so good at reading comprehension...

Well... how was it?

Icemopper on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    jonxp wrote: »

Oh... yeah I'm not so good at reading comprehension...

Well... how was it?

It was free. Also, a weekend.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Woah. I never knew!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Finally, an awesome thread title <3

Except for that one time it was New Nemesis: Flippy_D that was pretty awesome

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
This discussion has been closed.