As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Howl's Moving Castle! (nsf56k, may be spoilers)

12345679»

• FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    a lot of the files are 1920x1080 pngs, which accounts for the size

but also makes them look mighty purdy

Faricazy on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fuck, these are great. Thanks, Fari.

Tam on
    edited May 2008
    i'll see if i can make some more tomorrow

during the scenes with a lot of snow VLC likes to hang a lot

this shit requires a pretty powerful computer

someone buy me more ram

moar raem

Faricazy on
  • Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    don't you have a mac though?

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    5 Centimeters per Second made me so fucking angry. RREEAGRGAGHHH

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bubububu-but why?

Tam on
    edited May 2008
    I just wanted to punch the main character throughout the whole film.

That's kind of the lesson I took away from the film. Don't be like that dude in that anime film god he was infuriating.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Props to Fari on the awesome wallpaper zip.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited May 2008
    Yeah. It's a 2Ghz Core 2 Duo but only a gig of ram and intel intergrated graphics. And this file is 1980x1080 24fps. So it chugs. And that's in VLC, which handles big files better than say Quicktime (the same 1080p Dark Knight trailer chugs in Quicktime but runs fine in VLC). It's just some scenes though, when there is a lot of snow particles moving quickly.

t j3p: uhhh....what?
    don't be like that guy that has a sweetheart and then meets her again and then MARRIES HER OH MY GOD HOW COULD HE

Faricazy on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Yeah. It's a 2Ghz Core 2 Duo but only a gig of ram and intel intergrated graphics. And this file is 1980x1080 24fps. So it chugs. And that's in VLC, which handles big files better than say Quicktime (the same 1080p Dark Knight trailer chugs in Quicktime but runs fine in VLC). It's just some scenes though, when there is a lot of snow particles moving quickly.

t j3p: uhhh....what?
    don't be like that guy that has a sweetheart and then meets her again and then MARRIES HER OH MY GOD HOW COULD HE

yeah, what a douche

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    wait a second,
    I thought the point was that Takaki didn't marry her

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited May 2008
    err

you're right

Faricazy on
    edited May 2008
    thorgot wrote: »
    wait a second,
    I thought the point was that Takaki didn't marry her

Yes this. Warning movie spoils of war
    HE DID NUSSING. Absolutely fucking nothing. He and her they got their precocity on in the house thing back in the beginning, and the guy totally obsesses over her. They communicate, but less and less gradually.

Time skip to midpoint: He's still so obsessed with her that he doesn't realize he has an opportunity to bang the hot surfer chick.

Time skip to end: He's wasted his life. He sees her, but he doesn't try to go after her. Oh, and her? She got on with her life and love and marriage whatnot.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
    edited May 2008
    It wasn't explicitly her at the train crossing. And the point of that scene is that he lets her go because their lives went down different paths, and he realizes this, moves on.

Faricazy on
    edited May 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »
    It wasn't explicitly her at the train crossing. And the point of that scene is that he lets her go because their lives went down different paths, and he realizes this, moves on.
    Yeah I wasn't quite sure what exactly I should make of that scene thanks for clearing that up.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
    edited May 2008
    Voices and The Place Promised explored the concepts of communication much better than 5CM and had mroe solid narratives, especially The Place Promised, but I'll take what I can get from Shinkai.

Speaking of which, The Place Promised got an HD release too and I'll try to get my hands on it.

Faricazy on
    edited May 2008
    Going to have The Place Promised In Our Early Days screens by the end of the week, for sure.

If you delete one or two of the lower-res files in the archive i put up, and (on a mac, i'm sure there is a way to do it in windows though) set it to randomly change it from the folder every five minutes, it's a pretty near effect.

Faricazy on