As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Don't mess with [chat]

• Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Were you trying to teach her to pee standing up?

I was trying to teach her to pee in an appropriate receptacle, preferably one which she is not currently wearing. 6-7 pair of wet (to various degrees) panties over the course of a single morning, with one actual successful urination in an appropriate location (which I mostly attribute to the power of statistics -- if you spend half the morning sitting on one potty or another, you'll eventually pee in one of them) means I pretty much failed.

If she wants to do it standing up, at this point I'll let her as long as she at least takes down her pants & panties and tries to aim. :P

Nerissa on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I see that no one disagrees with my mixtape choices.

I am a mixtape master.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nerissa wrote: »
    So I'm thinking when the munchkin stands next to me, legs spread, crying while she pees on the floor (through panties and shorts), it probably means it's time to put the whole potty training thing back on the shelf for a bit.

*sigh*

Tell her that if she doesn't get it right next time and from then on, you're going to ban her from peeing.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Were you trying to teach her to pee standing up?

I was trying to teach her to pee in an appropriate receptacle, preferably one which she is not currently wearing. 6-7 pair of wet (to various degrees) panties over the course of a single morning, with one actual successful urination in an appropriate location (which I mostly attribute to the power of statistics -- if you spend half the morning sitting on one potty or another, you'll eventually pee in one of them) means I pretty much failed.

If she wants to do it standing up, at this point I'll let her as long as she at least takes down her pants & panties and tries to aim. :P
    :winky: :winky: :winky:

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    'rissa, how old is said munchkin?

EDIT: Down Zen, down!

Satan. on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »

I've gone through the same kind of thing.

I have three words for you:

- butter
    - balloons
    - billiards

These words will make sense to you someday soon. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. Maybe not the day after tomorrow. Maybe not the day after the day after tomorrow. Maybe not the day after the day after the day after tomorrow. Maybe not the day after the day after the day after the day after tomorrow. Maybe not the day after the day after the day after the day after the day after tomorrow. But someday. Probably a Sunday. Bring an umbrella.

Drez you are my favorite poster.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »

I've gone through the same kind of thing.

I have three words for you:

- butter
    - balloons
    - billiards

These words will make sense to you someday soon. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. Maybe not the day after tomorrow. Maybe not the day after the day after tomorrow. Maybe not the day after the day after the day after tomorrow. Maybe not the day after the day after the day after the day after tomorrow. Maybe not the day after the day after the day after the day after the day after tomorrow. But someday. Probably a Sunday. Bring an umbrella.

Drez you are my favorite poster.

<3

Drez on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So I'm thinking when the munchkin stands next to me, legs spread, crying while she pees on the floor (through panties and shorts), it probably means it's time to put the whole potty training thing back on the shelf for a bit.

*sigh*

I prefer dogs, because society doesn't make me feel bad about using the rolled-up newspaper trick on them.

Or even better, cats, who are smart enough to not need to be beaten.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ZeroCow wrote: »

My nutz can also take a lickin'.

Upon further thought: I ought to buy a pair of truck nutz and attach them to a moped or perhaps a pedal bike.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Greeper you went from whiny to bitchy in a hurry.

I thought those were the same.

Oh well, the more you know.

Greeper on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Satan. wrote: »

That post crossed at least three lines

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Elendil wrote: »

That post crossed at least three lines

Well, he IS the popular pedophile around here but still.

Satan. on
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

She's 3 plus a couple of months.

She knows what a potty is for, she likes to go through the motions, she particularly likes the part where she washes her hands afterwards, she just doesn't want to (or can't) predict when she has to go and hold on until she can get there.

I'm well aware that plenty of kids aren't trained until this age or even later, but she seems actively resistant to the very idea. It's frustrating as hell.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nerissa's gettin' me all hot.

I'll be back later.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I'll be back later.

God damnit

---

Usually I'd say stay the course, etc. etc. but yeah you might want to give it a bit of a rest. Maybe one more day, this could be the rough part. I don't have a kid yet so I really shouldn't be dispensing advice.

Satan. on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Also in July 2007, The White Stripes made history by playing the shortest ever concert by only playing one note (a F), in St. John's, Newfoundland.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    That's a waste of cash.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

She knows what a potty is for, she likes to go through the motions, she particularly likes the part where she washes her hands afterwards, she just doesn't want to (or can't) predict when she has to go and hold on until she can get there.

I'm well aware that plenty of kids aren't trained until this age or even later, but she seems actively resistant to the very idea. It's frustrating as hell.

My kid sister wasn't fully potty trained until the second day of daycare (a few months before she turned 4). I'm sure she only did it to fit in.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also in July 2007, The White Stripes made history by playing the shortest ever concert by only playing one note (a F), in St. John's, Newfoundland.
    an F god damn it

Elendil on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That's a waste of cash.

Yeah, I almost wasted $300 to be one of 1000 people to see them play an impromtou show in Atlanta, GA, but I backed out cause the tickets on craigslist seemed shady.

I'm glad I did, because I heard the show sucked. In fact, I heard a lot of their live performances are ass, which is a tragedy.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    an F god damn it

I refuse to edit wiki entries for your grammatical pleasure.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    20070204_Gnarls_Barkley.jpg

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I'll be back later.

God damnit

---

Usually I'd say stay the course, etc. etc. but yeah you might want to give it a bit of a rest. Maybe one more day, this could be the rough part. I don't have a kid yet so I really shouldn't be dispensing advice.

Is the stuff under the dashes to Nerissa or Zen, because everything through "give it a rest," and especially that phrase, could apply to Zen as well.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I'll be back later.

God damnit

---

Is the stuff under the dashes to Nerissa or Zen, because everything through "give it a rest," and especially that phrase, could apply to Zen as well.

'rissa. I'd never rip Zen on his schtick.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yes.

It's a shtick.

That's exactly right.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Malkor wrote: »

My kid sister wasn't fully potty trained until the second day of daycare (a few months before she turned 4). I'm sure she only did it to fit in.

I used to always hold chopsticks wrong despite my parents teaching me how to hold them properly at the age of like 6. Until I met my boyfriend and we went out for dim sum, and I saw him holding them correctly, which made me feel like I should hold them properly too, so I've been doing that since that day. So peer pressure (from a white guy) was the only thing that was capable of making me hold my chopsticks like an adult.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Timesplitters: Future Perfect is a fun game.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Timesplitters: Future Perfect is a fun game.
    My copy is borked. :x

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    ITT: Irene is a bad Asian

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    But she loves DW.

So she's a good asian at the same time.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I used to always hold chopsticks wrong despite my parents teaching me how to hold them properly at the age of like 6. Until I met my boyfriend and we went out for dim sum, and I saw him holding them correctly, which made me feel like I should hold them properly too, so I've been doing that since that day. So peer pressure (from a white guy) was the only thing that was capable of making me hold my chopsticks like an adult.

I dunno if I use chopsticks right, but I always raz people who use a fork and knife at a Chinese restaurant.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Quick question: If I'm making a youtube video that is a sequence of images, can one of those images be a .gif?

Sami on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »

I dunno if I use chopsticks right, but I always raz people who use a fork and knife at a Chinese restaurant.
    Most chinese you eat in a chinese restaurant is as American as McDonalds.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Nuts to you :P . I know how to use chopsticks, but I don't like them as an eating implement. I always get knives and forks at Chinese/Thai/Vietnamese/Japanese restaurants.

People can try to extol the virtues of chopsticks as some kind of superior eating instrument, and I think that's nonsense. They're a product of the cultures that also brought us this wonderful food. Well, you know what? I'm there for the food, not to pretend I'm part of a culture I ain't.

Pony on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

I never go to such restaurants. ;)

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I was only intending to put half of these cherry tomatoes in this sauce, but I ate so many of them while preparing ingredients that I just tossed the whole lot in.

Means I don't have five or six forlorn looking tomatoes lurking in the bottom of the fridge, you see.

japan on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fuck it, I use a fork whenever I eat chinese food. Chopsticks are great and all, but I want the food in my fucking mouth. Not to play a little game to get it there first.

yalborap on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

Most chinese you eat in a chinese restaurant is as American as McDonalds.

I am aware of this. I've eaten at traditional Chinese restaurants (The kind you find buried in Chinatown with, like, 10 tables max and a waitress and cook that yell at each other constantly) and dig the food, but I can never convince my friends to try anything other than westernized Chinese food.

I just like eating with chopsticks because it's a change. I have some Japanese chopsticks that were given to me a few years back (I think they're for formal dining or something - really ornate) and whenever I bring Asian food home I eat it with chopsticks.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Chopsticks are better for certain kinds of Asian food, especially noodles and stir-fries with large chunks of meat/veggies that aren't meant to be eaten all in one bite.

I watch my mother try to eat her tom yum noodle with a fork and it makes me cry a little inside.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
This discussion has been closed.