Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Tube's List Of Enemies And To A Much Lesser Extent Console Friends Of Various Kinds

• SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    fuck you

text wall

8-)

This one time I

iq16sKi.png
  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    next week Tube tries to convince TFS that he doesn't know everything and then shoots himself in the head with a bolt gun.

*huggles*

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Seriously wrote: »
    CT vs. Defender vs. TFS vs. Pony

free for all

Callius deserves a spot on that list, come on. Now you're just being rude.
    The sweeping generalisation of "all people that drink socially have unresolved issues in their lives" is as stupid as "all people who play videogames are nerds" or "all people who practise martial arts to an excessive degree". However I absolutely understand that you are unable to comprehend people choosing to live their lives in ways that you do not as while your brain has no shortage of engine power it has very little steering.

No, that's OK, I mean, I'm right and you have completely failed to debate the point in any way other than making your own (incorrect) generalizations as if that somehow proves that my generalization is incorrect, but that's a pretty normal outcome.

EDIT: Also, I didn't say that people who drink socially have unresolved issues in their lives, unless "socially" means "get shitfaced" in your society. Because in the company that I keep, which is likely of considerably more gentle breeding, I grant you, than what you keep, getting blackout plastered drunk so that you don't recall shitting in closet and fucking a goat is not considered "social."

hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    I get people saying "I don't keep fit and I'm perfectly happy so if you lift weights and watch your diet there must be something wrong with you".

It is exactly as stupid as saying that people who occasionally get drunk have problems with their lives.

Occasional drunkenness, like, say, a college kid who gets drunk once a month (as opposed to every Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and possibly Thursday), is just a sign that something minor is wrong. In the case of college kids, it's usually, I would guess, that they're biologically adults but they don't earn their own keep yet, so they haven't been able to mature socially at the same pace as their biology. They are, in essence, adult bodies with minds that are stuck in a prolonged childhood. That is distinctly an imbalance, albeit a very common imbalance. It's not a character flaw or whatever, but it is "something wrong with your life."

What?

What?

edited May 2008
    What part of that extremely simple and obvious post did you not understand?

I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
    edited May 2008
    i understand the post completely, it's you i can't fathom

edited May 2008
    Seriously wrote: »
    CT vs. Defender vs. TFS vs. Pony

free for all

Callius deserves a spot on that list, come on. Now you're just being rude.

Fine

but pretty soon people are going to start thinking Mega Man should be in it.

iq16sKi.png
    edited May 2008
    i understand the post completely, it's you i can't fathom

Yes, one person can be this right all the time. You need to meditate on this, and you may or may not want to stare into a candle, possibly with some incense burning.

edited May 2008
    like, what are you like in person? it can't be too pleasant, if you think in absolutes constantly

• ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yes, one person can be this right all the time.

there is no internet image powerful enough to respond to how dumb this statement this

PqhbDd2.png
    My Youtube My Steam SMITE IGN: TDOTCRFH4 come SMITE with me
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    defender is in rare douchebag form today

it's not often he lets it all hang out like that

bar-cc-1.jpg
    edited May 2008
    seriously, is it your birthday or something?

bar-cc-1.jpg
    edited May 2008
    like, what are you like in person? it can't be too pleasant, if you think in absolutes constantly

he insists he's not like this in person

but that doesn't really help

either he's actually like this, which makes him an asshole

or he posts "in character", which makes him a douchenozzle

there's no scenario where he isn't a complete twatbag

PqhbDd2.png
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

he's actually polite and easygoing

it's very bizarre

xmassig2.gif
    edited May 2008
    Maybe because he has enough self awareness to realize if he acted this way to peoples faces he would have been stabbed years ago.

bar-cc-1.jpg
    edited May 2008
    i just have this image of a bare room with a punching bag and a computer and a fold-out cot

he meets his girlfriend always in public spaces, sits with his back to the wall in case a fight breaks out

alone at night, he composes internet posts in his head and stares at the ceiling

edited May 2008

I can, however, fucking electrocute people with my hands.

edited May 2008
    orik you are a swell guy

PqhbDd2.png
    edited May 2008
    I'm pretty sure that Shoe is lying and that Defender is exactly like this in person.

iq16sKi.png
    edited May 2008

he insists he's not like this in person

but that doesn't really help

either he's actually like this, which makes him an asshole

or he posts "in character", which makes him a douchenozzle

there's no scenario where he isn't a complete twatbag
    he's actually polite and easygoing

it's very bizarre

Hey, TDOT. The way that I post here is entertaining for me and for some other people. That doesn't mean that I have to be completely like that in real life. Why is this hard to grasp.

edited May 2008
    orik you are a swell guy

basically my conception of defender is alain delon in le samourai but without all the cool parts

edited May 2008
    i just have this image of a bare room with a punching bag and a computer and a fold-out cot

he meets his girlfriend always in public spaces, sits with his back to the wall in case a fight breaks out

alone at night, he composes internet posts in his head and stares at the ceiling

Yeah, uh, that image exists in your head because you created it. That image is not manifested in the real world.

So, alternately, if that's my bedroom, do I get to play second fiddle to Solid Snake at some point? Because I do know how to use a sword and it would be pretty awesome to meet him.

edited May 2008
    It's too late Defender you've been found out.

iq16sKi.png
    edited May 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    Maybe because he has enough self awareness to realize if he acted this way to peoples faces he would have been stabbed years ago.

I actually did get stabbed one time, but it was entirely unrelated to how I act. It was related, in fact, to my poor choices regarding what areas are and are not safe to walk through alone at 1 AM.

edited May 2008
    orik you are a swell guy

basically my conception of defender is alain delon in le samourai but without all the cool parts

Which is odd, because I am more or less a compilation of different cool ideas all crammed into a lightweight human frame.

edited May 2008

Yeah, uh, that image exists in your head because you created it. That image is not manifested in the real world.

wow, really? i have images in my head which are created from extrapolation of your demonstrated behavioural responses to stimuli? i never realized it! thanks, defender

• MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The thing we should all take away from this is that at least I am undeniably awesome. 8-)

edited May 2008
    orik you are a swell guy

Which is odd, because I am more or less a compilation of different cool ideas all crammed into a lightweight human frame.

the problem is, they're all fred phelps' cool ideas

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    defender want to hang out so I can report back to what you are really like y/n?

edited May 2008

wow, really? i have images in my head which are created from extrapolation of your demonstrated behavioural responses to stimuli? i never realized it! thanks, defender

Yeah, that's pretty much it. You took a small and nonrepresentative sampling of my behavior, added in some crap from your own mind, and then extrapolated like there was no tomorrow.

Maybe Joon can hook us up with that Simpsons Scene where Disco Stu is forecasting the future of disco based on the sales increase from 1974 to 1975.

edited May 2008
    *posts like a sanctimonious dick*

guys, people think i'm a sanctimonious dick, what gives

edited May 2008
    Hey Orik I am going to the comic book store

what should I buy

edited May 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »
    The thing we should all take away from this is that at least I am undeniably awesome. 8-)

Either that or you somehow managed to marry way out of your league. Or Janson doesn't realize that her currency is better than ours.
    defender want to hang out so I can report back to what you are really like y/n?

Actually, I'm moving to a different state next week (new job). So that might make things difficult.

edited May 2008

The funny thing about you is that you manage to take things at face value even more than I do, but taking things at face value is like part of the shtick that I do on here.

edited May 2008

what should I buy

what have you read?

i liked transmetropolitan, sandman, ghost world, FELL, desolation jones, and a few others

edited May 2008

what should I buy

what have you read?

i liked transmetropolitan, sandman, ghost world, FELL, desolation jones, and a few others

Well I have all of Transmet and I enjoyed that.

I kinda want to get more Sandman. Or Preacher.

Never heard of FELL, though, so I shall check that out.

I will return in an hour with my purchases.

edited May 2008

The funny thing about you is that you manage to take things at face value even more than I do, but taking things at face value is like part of the shtick that I do on here.

the funny thing about you is

uh

well, i guess there isn't anything funny about you

edited May 2008

the funny thing about you is

uh

well, i guess there isn't anything funny about you

Trying so hard.

edited May 2008
    edited May 2008
    defender you are posting on an internet forum where the only means of interaction are posts in that forum

and then are calling us unreasonable for making judgements about you based on said posts

do you not see the idiocy here?

PqhbDd2.png
This discussion has been closed.