Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Tube's List Of Enemies And To A Much Lesser Extent Console Friends Of Various Kinds

• DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    defender you are posting on an internet forum where the only means of interaction are posts in that forum

and then are calling us unreasonable for making judgements about you based on said posts

do you not see the idiocy here?

When it is well-known that this is not how I act in person? When people who have met me in person are on this forum and telling you that this isn't how I act? When, I don't know, the way I act on here is goddamn ridiculous and yet my personal life (from what I've posted) isn't completely in shambles? When I outright say "I'm exaggerating certain elements of my personality (and those of my father) for entertainment" many times? Yes, at that point, I am calling you unreasonable. If you've only seen me here for a week, then, OK, I understand. But I've been here for YEARS, and I post a decent amount, so unless you're new, you should know this by now.

hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
  • DroolDrool Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, I've ignored this sticky up here for so long and I finally click on it and it's mommy and daddy fighting in the kitchen all over again.

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    defender you are posting on an internet forum where the only means of interaction are posts in that forum

and then are calling us unreasonable for making judgements about you based on said posts

When it is well-known that this is not how I act in person? When people who have met me in person are on this forum and telling you that this isn't how I act? When, I don't know, the way I act on here is goddamn ridiculous and yet my personal life (from what I've posted) isn't completely in shambles? When I outright say "I'm exaggerating certain elements of my personality (and those of my father) for entertainment" many times? Yes, at that point, I am calling you unreasonable. If you've only seen me here for a week, then, OK, I understand. But I've been here for YEARS, and I post a decent amount, so unless you're new, you should know this by now.

see

people post here who actually act the way you do and actually have a personal life in shambles that they are in denial about

so

not much of a stretch, not really, no

i judge you based on what you post, even if you backpedal later

• TubeTube Says some shit Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited May 2008
    i understand the post completely, it's you i can't fathom

Just step away from the keyboard and try and think of him as an abstract internet concept rather than a thinking being that actually thinks this stuff.

edited May 2008

see

people post here who actually act the way you do and actually have a personal life in shambles that they are in denial about

so

Yeah, it's totally a "backpedal" on my part when Shoe comes in and says "no, he's easy-going and polite in person." Because Shoe is my alt, right? Or because I kidnapped his wife and threatened to kill her if he didn't say that I'm nice? Seriously, how is this a backpedal? Oh, wait, it's not. You simply continue to be wrong, and to cover up that you're wrong, you make up that I'm changing my stance.

Just step away from the keyboard and try and think of him as an abstract internet concept rather than a thinking being that actually thinks this stuff.

See? This person understands it. It's not that fucking complicated.

I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
    edited May 2008

see

so

Yeah, it's totally a "backpedal" on my part when Shoe comes in and says "no, he's easy-going and polite in person." Because Shoe is my alt, right? Or because I kidnapped his wife and threatened to kill her if he didn't say that I'm nice? Seriously, how is this a backpedal? Oh, wait, it's not. You simply continue to be wrong, and to cover up that you're wrong, you make up that I'm changing my stance.

See? This person understands it. It's not that fucking complicated.

you get pretty riled up about this, don't you

edited May 2008
    Yes, I'm totally genuinely upset. It's definitely not you taking things at face value again, despite what I've been saying to you for the last hour. I'm actually really honestly angered and I'm going to lose sleep over this series of posts while you are safely tucked into your bed, dreaming about what you're going to color tomorrow in special school.

edited May 2008
    edited May 2008
    One of the hardest lessons to learn in life is that your personality is what you communicate, not what you intend to communicate.

edited May 2008
    One of the hardest lessons to learn in life is that your personality is what you communicate, not what you intend to communicate.

Right, and people who have met me in person, Shoe being the example in this thread, tend to describe me as easy-going and polite. So I guess that that's what I communicate, and thus that is my personality, according to what you're saying here.

edited May 2008
    wow you sure sucked the fun right out of this thread huh

• FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    this is a book i saw at B&N the other day. maybe it will bring this thread back
    0393064646.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

ETqXK.png
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Futore wrote: »

I bought that book! I look forward to reading it.

I also bought all her other books too. Those being Spook and Stiff, about ghosts and corpses respectively.

edited May 2008
    i was really talking more about the subtitle and title... i haven't read the book

ETqXK.png
    edited May 2008
    I haven't read it either.

• Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bonk is a sex scientist

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
    edited May 2008
    A book on sex written by BonK would be interesting.

• The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    scoutad8.jpg

33aqfwk.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »

I bought that book! I look forward to reading it.

I also bought all her other books too. Those being Spook and Stiff, about ghosts and corpses respectively.

she's got an interview in the 2008 writer's market. definitely seems cool, when i have money i'll read those books

edited May 2008
    hey Teefs, how ya been?

ETqXK.png
    edited May 2008

No, I'm not the one who needed a five-page explanation of how Defender and <real name> can differ.

• yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2008
    can we at least agree that you suck

ssseeee.gif
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

No, I'm not the one who needed a five-page explanation of how Defender and <real name> can differ.

haha

and your internet paranoia

• The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    THEY'LL FIND ME, MAN

FIND ME

33aqfwk.jpg
    edited May 2008
    ZeroFill wrote: »

haha

and your internet paranoia

Yeah, I agree that I take it a little further than is rational. But when you're this big a dickhead AND you work in the games industry, do you really want to be identified on a site like this one? Come on.

Also, to be super serial about it, CT knows what I'm talking about, right? CT avoids posting real-life information on here the same way I do because there are so many faceless retards who read this forum, not counting the...face-having...retards.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus ha ha just kidding I'm Frog ManRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    there are sometimes good reasons to fear the internet

4chan, for example

edited May 2008
    Yeah I used the word "faceless" but I deliberately chose not to say "anonymous" and evoke that image. Still, one post later, somebody else did it anyway.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus ha ha just kidding I'm Frog ManRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm just saying

4chan is scary

edited May 2008
    my name is chris holtz

ssseeee.gif
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY EVERY DAYRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    4chan is like, the most tame of any of the chans

/b/ has some fucking hilarious shit

xcomsig.png
    edited May 2008
    I'm fully aware there is worse stuff out there

but 4chan is the gateway to the first level of that infernal domain

edited May 2008
    my name is chris holtz

it is, too

he emailed me his passport

• SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You guys are such jerks

Defender's wife was really sick so he took her to the hospital and he told the doctor she had Dillanson's toxoplamoidosis.

And then the doctor said

what, no she doesn't that's not even a real disease

and so Defender said oh okay well you're the doctor you probably know better than I do about such things

and then his wife died in the hospital

So now you all see why he can never admit to being wrong about anything. The last time he did he lost the one he loved.

Dicks

iq16sKi.png
    edited May 2008
    he is the one. don't believe his lies. you're right all the time anyway.

edited May 2008
    If you'd had as many crazy people fixate on you as I have you'd be pretty fucking careful with your real name too.

Oh and all you people who think you know my real name? Nuh uh I've got another one.

edited May 2008
    nobody cares enough to find any person on this forum

true story

self absorbed jerks

ssseeee.gif
    edited May 2008
    i can understand when tube does it, but i don't think that anyone else really needs to that badly.

except for that one guy who kept iming all the mods because he wanted to be friends.

• ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    defender has "working the game industry" confused with "working in the national defense/intelligence industry"

I'm sorry but large russians from Croteam will never break down your door and attempt to steal your crappy video game secrets

your martial arts are in vain

edited May 2008
    sike i'm stalking all of you

especially those who have released their real names

ssseeee.gif
    edited May 2008
This discussion has been closed.