As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Wii Owner looking for Wii games

SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Games and Technology
Hello great denizens of the great and Godly G & T! Your loyal and humble servant has come into a great possession of a mystical item called a Wii, and many portable disks were soon to follow.

So far their titles rank and file into these catagories:
Mario Kart Wii
Guitar Hero 3
Boom Blox
Monster Truck 4x4 (Which shall soon depart into a barter at a Gamestop)
House of Dead 2&3

I request earnestly which other games should I come into possession of that will be of great value to one such as myself?

tl;dr: Sup. I just got a Wii and those games listed, and I'm wondering what other games should I get? I'm trying to find some fun, simple games, something me and my non-gamer fiancee can both enjoy. Also some others that I can woop on by myself.

steam_sig.png
SoulGate on

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Excite Truck
    No More Heroes
    SSB Brawl

Man I don't know just do a search for "recommend wii games" and I'm sure you'll find something.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, they don't fit your description exactly, but pick up Galaxy and Brawl because, I mean, come on. They're AWESOME.

Then pick up wii fit and your fiancee will jump your bone 6 or 7 times.

TheSonicRetard on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    No More Heroes
    Resident Evil 4
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Super Mario Galaxy
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Those are the Wii games I own, and I'm satisfied with all of them. I was especially surprised by No More Heroes.

UnbreakableVow on
    edited May 2008
    Then pick up wii fit and your fiancee will jump your bone 6 or 7 times.

I would suggest this, but I think this game will be as hard to come by as the Wii itself. I was in Gamestop today and some lady came in and asked to preorder, the clerk refused, saying that they might not even be able to fill the pre-orders they have on day one.

UnbreakableVow on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Metroid Prime

All three of them

Green on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If you never played RE4 first time round, get Wii edition.

If you did play RE4 on either Gamecube/PS2, and liked it, get Wii edition.

Super Mario Galaxy is really good.

Wii play is worth it since you'll be wanting another controller anyway.

LewieP on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited May 2008
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    :^::^:

Honestly, someone should just sticky that.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Nothing more really needs to be said than that. :^:
    Trauma Center is teh awesomeness.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I was going to copy & paste my list of recommendations, but, indeed, Arcsyn already linked to it.

Just for the heck of it I'll paste it into this spoiler:

Super Mario Galaxy:
    One of the best and creative Mario platformers since Mario64, the game stays true to the classic Mario experience and yet expands upon it with extremely creative 3D worlds that have a great deal of variety in both style and platforming gameplay. There are tons of galaxies to explore, and tons of planets within those galaxies to complete. There are tons of objectives within each planet, and even after you complete the game, there are still more worlds and levels to unlock and enjoy. One of the best games of the generation so far.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:
    Truly fantastic Zelda experience. It's not a reinvention of the genre like Ocarina was -- but it's much better, because it takes all its predecessors' raw ideas, perfects them, and creates an experience that's at once new and familiar. Twilight Princess captures the heart and soul of what a Zelda adventure is known for.

Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    Rarely is more effort put into a video game than what has been shown in Brawl. With unbelievable multiplayer fighting, an enormous single player mode, and collectibles that will last for years, there's no reason why you shouldn't buy it. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system.

Mario Kart Wii:
    The latest iteration of the classic kart racing franchise. This is classic Mario Kart action, except it also has new twists such as the ability to race on motorcycles, the ability to pull off tricks, and do other moves for boosts. The boost system has been balanced and refined to prevent unfair "snaking." And on top of a ton of new tracks, there are also many class remakes of Mario Kart tracks from past additions. All of this, and you can play it online, too.

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition:
    This game takes the very best aspects of all of last-gen's Resident Evil 4 games, combines them into 1 budget-priced game, and vastly improves upon the controls. The game not only includes the graphical fidelity of the GameCube version, but it also includes every extra feature of the PS2 version - and it also supports 480p widescreen resolution. To top it off, the Wii controls don't just work - they work extremely well. The controls really add significantly to the experience, and I cannot go back to playing Resident Evil 4 any other way.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption:
    Corruption isn’t just the best-looking Wii game to date; it’s the best Metroid Prime game period. This is due in large part to the fluid controls. The highly debated, stubborn lock-on aiming system has been replaced with something far better. Not only do the new controls respond quicker and with more precision than traditional controls, but the gesture system works brilliantly, too. Meanwhile, the title delivers everything a Metroid fan could hope for, including spectacular environmental puzzles, epic boss fights and intense combat, all wrapped up in a package that spans multiple worlds and is filled with re-traversal exploration.

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure:
    One of the best original, ground-up Wii games so far. It combines creative puzzle-solving adventure with greatly varied environments, but still incorporates originality in the point-and-click gameplay and seemingly endless fun activities.

Guitar Hero 3:
    Guitar Hero 3 is excellent tried and true guitar rhythm gameplay, and includes a quality-and-quantity song list, tons of unlockables, challenge, and online play as well as local multiplayer. Excellent online multiplayer in the Wii version. Also, a bit cheaper than the other versions at $90. The Wii-mote speaker is nicely used to emit sound effects.

Super Paper Mario:
    A new Paper Mario RPG game that uses a fun combination of 2D and 3D platforming for combat and puzzle solving. Through its fun storytelling, charming visuals, catchy music, and brilliant melding of classic conventions with new ideas, Super Paper Mario is a great, light-hearted RPG with a lot of platforming and puzzle solving entertainment.

Bully: Scholarship Edition:
    A classy cinematic adventure with bite-sized, mission-based gameplay and the most viciously funny script we've ever heard. It's a real gem, and excellent on Wii. The Wii version is a genuine improvement over the PS2 one. The extra content is solid, the controls are good, and the game itself holds up really well.

No More Heroes:
    Designed by one of the most creative and unique game designers out there (Suda51), No More Heroes is and action adventure game that follows the story of Travis Touchdown as he chops his way to the top of an Assassin's league ranking. This game both follows in the footsteps of gaming's traditions, while at the same time throwing many conventions out the window. The graphics are unique and refreshingly stylish, and the HUD, menus, and Items have a very nostalgic 8-bit feel to them. The game contains more references to gaming and pop culture than you can ever pick up in one playthrough. But under the overall story lies a much deeper, symbolic commentary on the nature of videogames, art, and culture.

WarioWare: Smooth Moves:
    The party-style game play in "Smooth Moves" is one of the Wii's better multiplayer-party experiences. It offers fun, easy-to-learn things to do that show off what the system does so well and puts your movements in the game. Great for parties and for challenging yourself and others to compete for higher scores in the minigames.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion
    : This is an action/puzzler game in which you undertake high-pressure, intense surgeries amongst increasingly challenging situations to save patients' lives before they die. This is not "Under the Knife," it's "Second Opinion" - and it's not a port, it's a significantly changed remake of the first with better graphics, sounds, suprisingly good and refreshing Wii controls, new challenges and surgeries, altered surgeries, extra ones, new tools, the ability to change difficulty mid-game, and a new character.

Trauma Center: New Blood:
    This is the true sequel in the Trauma Center series, and it builds upon the very good Second Opinion - the excellent controls are preserved, but the graphics and audio are improved, supporting 480p widescreen and fully voiced cutscenes. The game provides a whole entire new series of surgeries that are all very different and refreshing from those of Second Opinion, and provides several new tools to complete them with. The story follows two new doctors and their nurse as they discover a new deadly virus, and hopefully how to destroy it. Highly recommended to Trauma Center fans.

Geometry Wars: Galaxies:
    Geometry Wars Galaxies is a a topdown, addictive arcadey shooter in the vain of Robotron or Asteroids, except it contains a whole lot more than either of those games combined. Galaxies is a huge game with a ton of new content, far, far more than GW Retro Evolved ever had. Each level of Galaxies contains about as much content as Retro Evolved did in its entirety, and that doesn't even include the gameplay enhancements - of which include new enemies and world effects as well as the Drones and drone behaviors and ability to upgrade/teach the drones new things. PLUS it has an excellent 2 player mode, and online leaderboards. Top it off with the fact that it includes Retro Evolved in the package, with online leaderboards as well. Works great with classic Controller, and Wii Remote controls are excellent too once you get used to them. Highly recommended.

Mario Strikers Charged:
    Excellent multiplayer sports game, Strikers Charged is an arcadey and chaotic take on the sport of Soccer. Strikers is a game based on soccer, but allows you to choose a character and support team mates with various skills and abilities - the team captain for which has a very specific Special Move that allows him to cause havoc to the other team. The fields vary a great deal with their hazards, causing even more incredibly fun havoc. This game has plenty to offer for a single player, but also has 4 player local mulitplayer, as well as online multiplayer. The Wii controls are suble but fun, especially blocking balls kicked at the goal with the wii pointer. Very addicting and fun - for sports gaming fans and non-sports gaming fans alike.

Battalion Wars II
    : Real-time action strategy game, where you control army and try to survive through various missions. The quality of the presentation, action-oriented battles, and solid multiplayer mode all add up to a game that is worth a recommendation. In terms of overall storyline, not to mention the variety of missions, soldiers, weapons and vehicles, this sequel has really one- upped its predecessor. When you additionally consider the mostly- intuitive controls, sleek presentation and fun online modes, you have the recipe for a great new installment to the sleeper franchise.

Fire Emblem:
    Radiant Dawn Fantastic strategy RPG for the Wii. Hardcore RPG/strategy gamers should love Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. Along with some stylized visuals the game has simple and streamlined gameplay including very basic control which really makes the game easy to pick up and play. Very long game (50+ hours), and challenging.

Godfather: Blackhand Edition:
    The dynamic Wii-mote allows you to really become involved with "family business" like never before .Out of the platforms you can now play Godfather on, the Wii comes out on top for its great implementation of controls, new features and refinements. It uses more than 25 gestures, IR aiming, and has a ton of features above the original game in the form of new items, missions, gameplay modes (favors and blackmailing specifically), and RPG elements. Great GTA-like game

Okami: Okami tells the story of a mythical sun god who sets out to restore a dismal world, decimating the forces of evil who stand in the way by commanding the elements and mythical abilities the deity possesses. An excellent port of the PS2 classic, this is an action adventure game in the vein of Zelda. The game has an incredibly beautiful and unique artistic style that makes the game look as though it is a moving Japanese painting. This long (50 hours) game utilizes the "celestial brush" to bring the game down into a 'paint like' mode in which you create brush strokes with the Wii remote for combat and for puzzle solving. This great game runs in 480p and widescreen.

Mercury Meltdown Revolution:
    Mercury Meltdown Revolution is a good puzzle game with terrific controls, physics, and is actually worth more than the $20 price. It's a substantial undertaking, too, with breadth as well as depth, and with a control system that demonstrates the Wiimote's capabilities more fully than its direct competitors.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
    : While this may look like an average rail shooter on the surface, Umbrella Chronicles is actually a much larger, deeper game than you'd expect. First of all, this game manages to retain the creepy, survival-horror atmosphere of the series with is graphics, sound, and presentation. Second of all, this game encourages ammo/item and health preservation AND precision shooting over traditional lightgun gunblazing, as every enemy has a specific weak point and ammo conservation is critical. The game also packs a TON of more content than most rail shooters - it will take you hours to get through the main campaign, and after that is done, there are tons of new levels to unlock. Not only that, but each level has branching paths, so you never see everything the first time through. This game is filled to the BRIM with Resident Evil fan service, from its characters and levels to tons of unlockable content. And after you're done, you can attempt the addicting challenge of S-ranking each level. Great shooter.

Metal Slug Anthology
    - This is a fantastic retro compilation of 7 of SNK's best side scrolling shooter series, Metal Slug. The series is best known for its fast paced, arcadey platforming-shooting action with humorous style and unique characters, levels, and bosses. This budget-priced gem even includes Metal Slug 6, the very recent Atomiswave-based arcade Metal Slug game. Easy to get into, tough to master - yet fun to pick up and play for just about anybody. Highly recommended, to action gamers as well as retro gamers.

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core
    : The latest refinement of one of the greatest 2D fighting game series ever. Guilty Gear Accent Core takes the classic gameplay of Guilty Gear XX - which is fast paced and well balanced 2D fighting with an incredibly deep and varied combat system, across many unique and varied characters - and not only increases the roster of characters, but adds more options to the combat system. One of the best 2D fighters in years, and it looks and plays amazingly well. Highly recommended for fighting fans, but only if you have a Classic Controller or Arcade stick.

Excite Truck:
    A fast, fluid, and arcadey racing game, with a good control scheme, a gratifying sense of progression, and its own unique sensibility. It looks good and runs well, and is fun for 2 player racing. Best recommended for arcade-racing fans who enjoy getting high ranks in races and improving times and scores.

Sonic and the Secret Rings:
    One of the best console Sonic games to come out in a long time - this game is fast and difficult, and in many ways harks back to what made the 16 bit Sonic games good. This game is a lot like a cross between a racing game and a platformer, but it is also very challenging, yet rewarding. The game looks fantastic and runs at 60 frames per second consistently, and controls well. The platforming is challenging and there are a huge variety of upgrades you can get for Sonic, not unlike a simple RPG system. The only caveat is that you must play for a few levels before the game really starts getting good; but once it does, it gets very very good.

Ghost Squad:
    This game delivers pure, fast-paced arcade lightgun action that requires fast and accurate shooting. Not unlike arcadey shmups or maybe even racing games and fighting games, replay value comes from getting good, and increasing your high score or achieving Ranks or medals. But not only that, increasing your level in these Missions also increases the difficulty of the paths - in that, it increases the type of variables you have to worry about it. On top of that, and the other unlockable stuff (branching paths, more level variables), you can also unlock new costumes and new weapons - of which there are TONs - to play the levels with. There is a fun multiplayer Campaign and Party mode supporting 2-4 players. A great asset to this game is the ability to calibrate the Wii remote to aim 1:1 directly where you point at the screen for lightgun accuracy.

SEGA Superstar Tennis
    : Made by Sumo Digital, team behind Virtua Tennis 3, this is a fun and more complete alternative to Wii Sports tennis. Being able to move the character with the control stick is huge. The game is filled to the brim with Sega fan service. It should be fun for anyone looking for a more complete Wii Sports Tennis package.

Rayman: Raving Rabbids:
    This is a great mini-game compilation featuring tons of hilarious, twisted humor. The game contains TONS of really fun and unique minigames, most of which are very well executed and great fun. This game can actually be enjoyed as a single player game, as you attempt to obtain ever-higher scores against yourself or friends, and to unlock the bonuses. But this game really shines as a multiplayer/party game, with its great humor, variety, and accessibility for up to 4 players.

MLB Power Pros Baseball
    - kind of like a "Lego" version of baseball, this game has a surprising amount of depth and variety, as well as very good Wii control mechanics.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008:
    The latest edition to the Pro Evo football/soccer game series, the Wii version takes everything that the series' gameplay is best known for, and improves the experience dramatically through its unique control system that allows players to control their players, teams, and moves quickly and efficiently in ways that the series has never before been capable.

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga:
    A great, humorous take on the Star Wars Universe by taking the scenarios from the movies and recreating them in LEGO-based world. The game is a really fun, action-adventure platformer with a neat style and sense of humor. With both of the previous games and bonus content, it's a great value and it'll provide hours of entertainment. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga is for anybody that likes the Star Wars universe. It’s simple enough that anybody can enjoy it, but challenging enough that an experienced gamer won’t be bored by it.

Puzzle Quest
    - Puzzle Quest, like Bejeweled with RPG/strategy elements, is a great Wii puzzler. The different elements from various genres come together here to create a very unique product. The game is long enough to offer value for your money. What more is there to say about Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords? Not much - other than a warning that it will ruin Bejeweled for you forever, because you will be longing for some consequences beyond just getting points! You will also quickly descend into 'just one more turn' territory until you make your way to the end, which will take dozens of hours.

Medal of Honor Heroes 2
    - This is a very polished WWII FPS on the Wii - this game manages to employ a control configuration that is not only the best the system has to offer, but is fully customizeable. The game manages to provide a lengthy and challenging campaign, but also includes a fun 'rail shooter' version of the entire game; so that it essentially appeals to both hardcore and casual gamers alike, or alternatively, provides replay value in presenting the game in two distinct ways. On top of that, the game provides up to 32 players online multiplayer.

House of the Dead Returns
    : Two great lightgun games from the legendary House of the Dead series. This budget-priced compilation includes the classic House of the Dead 2 and the very good House of the Dead 3, as well as a few unlockable modes and training missions. This arcadey on-rails shooter package is full of frantic, fast-paced, highly intense shooters that test your reflexes and accuracy, as well as your ability to prioritize targets. Each game has several branched paths to open, so you never see the whole game on a single playthrough. These games are addicting, and you'll surely play them again and again, both alone and with friends, to become an awesome sharpshooter. Good multiplayer. Also fun to dual-wield Wii Remotes.

Mario & Sonic at Olympics Games
    : Fun Track'n Field style compilation of accessible, Wii-Sports-like Olympic games. Features 20 Olympic events that range from fencing to 100 meter dash. Great with friends. It's ideal both as a family game or as great post-pub entertainment. Neat ideas like the inclusion of actual world records (online leaderboards), and the option to gamble the potential points you could win from an event round off this tidy compilation. Mario & Sonic is a huge surprise in its ability to still pull us in and really deliver pure entertainment.

Endless Ocean:
    If you fancy a radical change of pace, this is for you. Arika has created a very good, albeit different title that centers on the process of exploring the ocean and both seeing and cataloging its inhabitants. There is almost no way to lose (and the aquatic life is all safe, sharks included), but you will have fun all the same simply discovering new things, whether that encapsulates a humpback whale or a long-lost underwater civilization. While others drive tension and excitement to a fever pitch, Endless Ocean's deep-sea visuals and bubbling sound effects slowly dissolve your cares and stresses -- while occasionally providing interesting surprises. A charming and unique experience. Gamers with an open mind toward design will find a lot to admire here. Budget priced

Elebits: Cutesy little game where you run around your home searching for Elebits, creatures that generate electricity. You also have beam gun that is used to lift and open various things. Gun's power grows as you get more Elebits. iI definitely does a good job of showing off what the Wii is about – using a unique control scheme to make a game that couldn’t really be made elsewhere. Elebits is fun because it tries something new. Tossing things around in the air and demolishing bedrooms and kitchens is more fun than it ought to be, and the controls in the game are usually spot-on. Has a decent multiplayer mode (4p), and a level editor, as well as the ability to share photos and user-levels via WiiConnect24. The only warning here is the horrendous voice acting.

NIGHTS: Journey to Dreams
    :Sequel to cult classic. Has mediocre platforming, but the flying mechanics are tons of fun - taking flight as the Nights characters is very engaging. Good recommendations for a Nights or Sega fan. 2D meets 3D gameplay that made the original Nights a success. The online functionality is a great add-on, letting you compete against others in various activities.

Dragon Quest Swords
    Do you remember old NES game Punch-Out? This is basically mix between JRPG and Punch-Out. Little short, but Square-Enix has added additional content to US version. Silly fun, and solid rental title. Still, while Dragon Quests Swords isn't exactly epic, it is entertaining overall. What DQ Swords brings to the table, however, is an extremely accessible role playing experience that works to capture new gamers in the world of Dragon Quest. It works well as a beginner RPG, and provides a solid, but simple yet fun gameplay.

Boom Blox:
    A game produced with some direction by Steven Spielberg, this is a very fun, addicting, and extremely accessible puzzle game with a ton of content. This game is sort of like a cross between a puzzle game, Jenga, and explosion-based physics interaction. The game has a ton of content with over 300 levels, various multiplayer modes, and even a Level Editor to make your own levels. The game takes huge advantage of the Wii's unique controls interface and provides an intuitive 3D interface that anybody can get into and use effectively in a matter of minutes.

There are a few other games that someone may like depending on their tastes, of which there are other great games such as:

SSX blur
    (great little remix of SSX Gameplay with interesting and new Wii controls), Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (A no brainer for wii controls, a solid sequel to the simple yet addicting gameplay, with some interesting multiplayer games), Marvel Ultimate Alliance (solid action/RPG for Marvel fans with lots of gameplay, characters, - very much like Xmen Legends), Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi 3 (the newest and one of the best DBZ fighting games, has tons of characters and levels, and uses the Wii controls to pull off moves in fun and interesting ways), Link's Crossbow Training (it's a budget priced game that comes with the Wii Zapper, this game is true to the arcade-style gameplay of hitting targets quickly and accurately and utilizing the unique point and combo systems to achieve ever-higher scores and acquire medals; fun with the Zapper, accessible to anyone, and provides that addicting "top that high score" gameplay)

slash000 on
    edited May 2008
    Perhaps we should start adding WiiWare games to these recommendations.

On that note, I recommend Lost Winds, and people have been enjoying Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King, and on the casual-yet-addicting note, Defend your Castle.

slash000 on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Galaxy should be purchased by every Wii owner, seriously. It's perfect even for non-gamers (I hate that word). My fiancee just beat the living shit out of the game, and is working on the 120+ stars.

urahonky on
    edited May 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Galaxy should be purchased by every Wii owner, seriously. It's perfect even for non-gamers (I hate that word). My fiancee just beat the living shit out of the game, and is working on the 120+ stars.

120+?

More than 120? Jesus.

I've only got 1.

UnbreakableVow on
    edited May 2008

120+?

More than 120? Jesus.

I've only got 1.

You scare me. :-/

e: I didn't want to spoil the game. So I just said 120+ stars :)

urahonky on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    slash000 wrote: »
    I was going to copy & paste my list of recommendations, but, indeed, Arcsyn already linked to it.

Just for the heck of it I'll paste it into this spoiler:

Super Mario Galaxy:
    One of the best and creative Mario platformers since Mario64, the game stays true to the classic Mario experience and yet expands upon it with extremely creative 3D worlds that have a great deal of variety in both style and platforming gameplay. There are tons of galaxies to explore, and tons of planets within those galaxies to complete. There are tons of objectives within each planet, and even after you complete the game, there are still more worlds and levels to unlock and enjoy. One of the best games of the generation so far.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:
    Truly fantastic Zelda experience. It's not a reinvention of the genre like Ocarina was -- but it's much better, because it takes all its predecessors' raw ideas, perfects them, and creates an experience that's at once new and familiar. Twilight Princess captures the heart and soul of what a Zelda adventure is known for.

Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    Rarely is more effort put into a video game than what has been shown in Brawl. With unbelievable multiplayer fighting, an enormous single player mode, and collectibles that will last for years, there's no reason why you shouldn't buy it. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system.

Mario Kart Wii:
    The latest iteration of the classic kart racing franchise. This is classic Mario Kart action, except it also has new twists such as the ability to race on motorcycles, the ability to pull off tricks, and do other moves for boosts. The boost system has been balanced and refined to prevent unfair "snaking." And on top of a ton of new tracks, there are also many class remakes of Mario Kart tracks from past additions. All of this, and you can play it online, too.

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition:
    This game takes the very best aspects of all of last-gen's Resident Evil 4 games, combines them into 1 budget-priced game, and vastly improves upon the controls. The game not only includes the graphical fidelity of the GameCube version, but it also includes every extra feature of the PS2 version - and it also supports 480p widescreen resolution. To top it off, the Wii controls don't just work - they work extremely well. The controls really add significantly to the experience, and I cannot go back to playing Resident Evil 4 any other way.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption:
    Corruption isn’t just the best-looking Wii game to date; it’s the best Metroid Prime game period. This is due in large part to the fluid controls. The highly debated, stubborn lock-on aiming system has been replaced with something far better. Not only do the new controls respond quicker and with more precision than traditional controls, but the gesture system works brilliantly, too. Meanwhile, the title delivers everything a Metroid fan could hope for, including spectacular environmental puzzles, epic boss fights and intense combat, all wrapped up in a package that spans multiple worlds and is filled with re-traversal exploration.

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure:
    One of the best original, ground-up Wii games so far. It combines creative puzzle-solving adventure with greatly varied environments, but still incorporates originality in the point-and-click gameplay and seemingly endless fun activities.

Guitar Hero 3:
    Guitar Hero 3 is excellent tried and true guitar rhythm gameplay, and includes a quality-and-quantity song list, tons of unlockables, challenge, and online play as well as local multiplayer. Excellent online multiplayer in the Wii version. Also, a bit cheaper than the other versions at $90. The Wii-mote speaker is nicely used to emit sound effects.

Super Paper Mario:
    A new Paper Mario RPG game that uses a fun combination of 2D and 3D platforming for combat and puzzle solving. Through its fun storytelling, charming visuals, catchy music, and brilliant melding of classic conventions with new ideas, Super Paper Mario is a great, light-hearted RPG with a lot of platforming and puzzle solving entertainment.

Bully: Scholarship Edition:
    A classy cinematic adventure with bite-sized, mission-based gameplay and the most viciously funny script we've ever heard. It's a real gem, and excellent on Wii. The Wii version is a genuine improvement over the PS2 one. The extra content is solid, the controls are good, and the game itself holds up really well.

No More Heroes:
    Designed by one of the most creative and unique game designers out there (Suda51), No More Heroes is and action adventure game that follows the story of Travis Touchdown as he chops his way to the top of an Assassin's league ranking. This game both follows in the footsteps of gaming's traditions, while at the same time throwing many conventions out the window. The graphics are unique and refreshingly stylish, and the HUD, menus, and Items have a very nostalgic 8-bit feel to them. The game contains more references to gaming and pop culture than you can ever pick up in one playthrough. But under the overall story lies a much deeper, symbolic commentary on the nature of videogames, art, and culture.

WarioWare: Smooth Moves:
    The party-style game play in "Smooth Moves" is one of the Wii's better multiplayer-party experiences. It offers fun, easy-to-learn things to do that show off what the system does so well and puts your movements in the game. Great for parties and for challenging yourself and others to compete for higher scores in the minigames.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion
    : This is an action/puzzler game in which you undertake high-pressure, intense surgeries amongst increasingly challenging situations to save patients' lives before they die. This is not "Under the Knife," it's "Second Opinion" - and it's not a port, it's a significantly changed remake of the first with better graphics, sounds, suprisingly good and refreshing Wii controls, new challenges and surgeries, altered surgeries, extra ones, new tools, the ability to change difficulty mid-game, and a new character.

Trauma Center: New Blood:
    This is the true sequel in the Trauma Center series, and it builds upon the very good Second Opinion - the excellent controls are preserved, but the graphics and audio are improved, supporting 480p widescreen and fully voiced cutscenes. The game provides a whole entire new series of surgeries that are all very different and refreshing from those of Second Opinion, and provides several new tools to complete them with. The story follows two new doctors and their nurse as they discover a new deadly virus, and hopefully how to destroy it. Highly recommended to Trauma Center fans.

Geometry Wars: Galaxies:
    Geometry Wars Galaxies is a a topdown, addictive arcadey shooter in the vain of Robotron or Asteroids, except it contains a whole lot more than either of those games combined. Galaxies is a huge game with a ton of new content, far, far more than GW Retro Evolved ever had. Each level of Galaxies contains about as much content as Retro Evolved did in its entirety, and that doesn't even include the gameplay enhancements - of which include new enemies and world effects as well as the Drones and drone behaviors and ability to upgrade/teach the drones new things. PLUS it has an excellent 2 player mode, and online leaderboards. Top it off with the fact that it includes Retro Evolved in the package, with online leaderboards as well. Works great with classic Controller, and Wii Remote controls are excellent too once you get used to them. Highly recommended.

Mario Strikers Charged:
    Excellent multiplayer sports game, Strikers Charged is an arcadey and chaotic take on the sport of Soccer. Strikers is a game based on soccer, but allows you to choose a character and support team mates with various skills and abilities - the team captain for which has a very specific Special Move that allows him to cause havoc to the other team. The fields vary a great deal with their hazards, causing even more incredibly fun havoc. This game has plenty to offer for a single player, but also has 4 player local mulitplayer, as well as online multiplayer. The Wii controls are suble but fun, especially blocking balls kicked at the goal with the wii pointer. Very addicting and fun - for sports gaming fans and non-sports gaming fans alike.

Battalion Wars II
    : Real-time action strategy game, where you control army and try to survive through various missions. The quality of the presentation, action-oriented battles, and solid multiplayer mode all add up to a game that is worth a recommendation. In terms of overall storyline, not to mention the variety of missions, soldiers, weapons and vehicles, this sequel has really one- upped its predecessor. When you additionally consider the mostly- intuitive controls, sleek presentation and fun online modes, you have the recipe for a great new installment to the sleeper franchise.

Fire Emblem:
    Radiant Dawn Fantastic strategy RPG for the Wii. Hardcore RPG/strategy gamers should love Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. Along with some stylized visuals the game has simple and streamlined gameplay including very basic control which really makes the game easy to pick up and play. Very long game (50+ hours), and challenging.

Godfather: Blackhand Edition:
    The dynamic Wii-mote allows you to really become involved with "family business" like never before .Out of the platforms you can now play Godfather on, the Wii comes out on top for its great implementation of controls, new features and refinements. It uses more than 25 gestures, IR aiming, and has a ton of features above the original game in the form of new items, missions, gameplay modes (favors and blackmailing specifically), and RPG elements. Great GTA-like game

Okami: Okami tells the story of a mythical sun god who sets out to restore a dismal world, decimating the forces of evil who stand in the way by commanding the elements and mythical abilities the deity possesses. An excellent port of the PS2 classic, this is an action adventure game in the vein of Zelda. The game has an incredibly beautiful and unique artistic style that makes the game look as though it is a moving Japanese painting. This long (50 hours) game utilizes the "celestial brush" to bring the game down into a 'paint like' mode in which you create brush strokes with the Wii remote for combat and for puzzle solving. This great game runs in 480p and widescreen.

Mercury Meltdown Revolution:
    Mercury Meltdown Revolution is a good puzzle game with terrific controls, physics, and is actually worth more than the $20 price. It's a substantial undertaking, too, with breadth as well as depth, and with a control system that demonstrates the Wiimote's capabilities more fully than its direct competitors.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
    : While this may look like an average rail shooter on the surface, Umbrella Chronicles is actually a much larger, deeper game than you'd expect. First of all, this game manages to retain the creepy, survival-horror atmosphere of the series with is graphics, sound, and presentation. Second of all, this game encourages ammo/item and health preservation AND precision shooting over traditional lightgun gunblazing, as every enemy has a specific weak point and ammo conservation is critical. The game also packs a TON of more content than most rail shooters - it will take you hours to get through the main campaign, and after that is done, there are tons of new levels to unlock. Not only that, but each level has branching paths, so you never see everything the first time through. This game is filled to the BRIM with Resident Evil fan service, from its characters and levels to tons of unlockable content. And after you're done, you can attempt the addicting challenge of S-ranking each level. Great shooter.

Metal Slug Anthology
    - This is a fantastic retro compilation of 7 of SNK's best side scrolling shooter series, Metal Slug. The series is best known for its fast paced, arcadey platforming-shooting action with humorous style and unique characters, levels, and bosses. This budget-priced gem even includes Metal Slug 6, the very recent Atomiswave-based arcade Metal Slug game. Easy to get into, tough to master - yet fun to pick up and play for just about anybody. Highly recommended, to action gamers as well as retro gamers.

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core
    : The latest refinement of one of the greatest 2D fighting game series ever. Guilty Gear Accent Core takes the classic gameplay of Guilty Gear XX - which is fast paced and well balanced 2D fighting with an incredibly deep and varied combat system, across many unique and varied characters - and not only increases the roster of characters, but adds more options to the combat system. One of the best 2D fighters in years, and it looks and plays amazingly well. Highly recommended for fighting fans, but only if you have a Classic Controller or Arcade stick.

Excite Truck:
    A fast, fluid, and arcadey racing game, with a good control scheme, a gratifying sense of progression, and its own unique sensibility. It looks good and runs well, and is fun for 2 player racing. Best recommended for arcade-racing fans who enjoy getting high ranks in races and improving times and scores.

Sonic and the Secret Rings:
    One of the best console Sonic games to come out in a long time - this game is fast and difficult, and in many ways harks back to what made the 16 bit Sonic games good. This game is a lot like a cross between a racing game and a platformer, but it is also very challenging, yet rewarding. The game looks fantastic and runs at 60 frames per second consistently, and controls well. The platforming is challenging and there are a huge variety of upgrades you can get for Sonic, not unlike a simple RPG system. The only caveat is that you must play for a few levels before the game really starts getting good; but once it does, it gets very very good.

Ghost Squad:
    This game delivers pure, fast-paced arcade lightgun action that requires fast and accurate shooting. Not unlike arcadey shmups or maybe even racing games and fighting games, replay value comes from getting good, and increasing your high score or achieving Ranks or medals. But not only that, increasing your level in these Missions also increases the difficulty of the paths - in that, it increases the type of variables you have to worry about it. On top of that, and the other unlockable stuff (branching paths, more level variables), you can also unlock new costumes and new weapons - of which there are TONs - to play the levels with. There is a fun multiplayer Campaign and Party mode supporting 2-4 players. A great asset to this game is the ability to calibrate the Wii remote to aim 1:1 directly where you point at the screen for lightgun accuracy.

SEGA Superstar Tennis
    : Made by Sumo Digital, team behind Virtua Tennis 3, this is a fun and more complete alternative to Wii Sports tennis. Being able to move the character with the control stick is huge. The game is filled to the brim with Sega fan service. It should be fun for anyone looking for a more complete Wii Sports Tennis package.

Rayman: Raving Rabbids:
    This is a great mini-game compilation featuring tons of hilarious, twisted humor. The game contains TONS of really fun and unique minigames, most of which are very well executed and great fun. This game can actually be enjoyed as a single player game, as you attempt to obtain ever-higher scores against yourself or friends, and to unlock the bonuses. But this game really shines as a multiplayer/party game, with its great humor, variety, and accessibility for up to 4 players.

MLB Power Pros Baseball
    - kind of like a "Lego" version of baseball, this game has a surprising amount of depth and variety, as well as very good Wii control mechanics.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008:
    The latest edition to the Pro Evo football/soccer game series, the Wii version takes everything that the series' gameplay is best known for, and improves the experience dramatically through its unique control system that allows players to control their players, teams, and moves quickly and efficiently in ways that the series has never before been capable.

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga:
    A great, humorous take on the Star Wars Universe by taking the scenarios from the movies and recreating them in LEGO-based world. The game is a really fun, action-adventure platformer with a neat style and sense of humor. With both of the previous games and bonus content, it's a great value and it'll provide hours of entertainment. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga is for anybody that likes the Star Wars universe. It’s simple enough that anybody can enjoy it, but challenging enough that an experienced gamer won’t be bored by it.

Puzzle Quest
    - Puzzle Quest, like Bejeweled with RPG/strategy elements, is a great Wii puzzler. The different elements from various genres come together here to create a very unique product. The game is long enough to offer value for your money. What more is there to say about Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords? Not much - other than a warning that it will ruin Bejeweled for you forever, because you will be longing for some consequences beyond just getting points! You will also quickly descend into 'just one more turn' territory until you make your way to the end, which will take dozens of hours.

Medal of Honor Heroes 2
    - This is a very polished WWII FPS on the Wii - this game manages to employ a control configuration that is not only the best the system has to offer, but is fully customizeable. The game manages to provide a lengthy and challenging campaign, but also includes a fun 'rail shooter' version of the entire game; so that it essentially appeals to both hardcore and casual gamers alike, or alternatively, provides replay value in presenting the game in two distinct ways. On top of that, the game provides up to 32 players online multiplayer.

House of the Dead Returns
    : Two great lightgun games from the legendary House of the Dead series. This budget-priced compilation includes the classic House of the Dead 2 and the very good House of the Dead 3, as well as a few unlockable modes and training missions. This arcadey on-rails shooter package is full of frantic, fast-paced, highly intense shooters that test your reflexes and accuracy, as well as your ability to prioritize targets. Each game has several branched paths to open, so you never see the whole game on a single playthrough. These games are addicting, and you'll surely play them again and again, both alone and with friends, to become an awesome sharpshooter. Good multiplayer. Also fun to dual-wield Wii Remotes.

Mario & Sonic at Olympics Games
    : Fun Track'n Field style compilation of accessible, Wii-Sports-like Olympic games. Features 20 Olympic events that range from fencing to 100 meter dash. Great with friends. It's ideal both as a family game or as great post-pub entertainment. Neat ideas like the inclusion of actual world records (online leaderboards), and the option to gamble the potential points you could win from an event round off this tidy compilation. Mario & Sonic is a huge surprise in its ability to still pull us in and really deliver pure entertainment.

Endless Ocean:
    If you fancy a radical change of pace, this is for you. Arika has created a very good, albeit different title that centers on the process of exploring the ocean and both seeing and cataloging its inhabitants. There is almost no way to lose (and the aquatic life is all safe, sharks included), but you will have fun all the same simply discovering new things, whether that encapsulates a humpback whale or a long-lost underwater civilization. While others drive tension and excitement to a fever pitch, Endless Ocean's deep-sea visuals and bubbling sound effects slowly dissolve your cares and stresses -- while occasionally providing interesting surprises. A charming and unique experience. Gamers with an open mind toward design will find a lot to admire here. Budget priced

Elebits: Cutesy little game where you run around your home searching for Elebits, creatures that generate electricity. You also have beam gun that is used to lift and open various things. Gun's power grows as you get more Elebits. iI definitely does a good job of showing off what the Wii is about – using a unique control scheme to make a game that couldn’t really be made elsewhere. Elebits is fun because it tries something new. Tossing things around in the air and demolishing bedrooms and kitchens is more fun than it ought to be, and the controls in the game are usually spot-on. Has a decent multiplayer mode (4p), and a level editor, as well as the ability to share photos and user-levels via WiiConnect24. The only warning here is the horrendous voice acting.

NIGHTS: Journey to Dreams
    :Sequel to cult classic. Has mediocre platforming, but the flying mechanics are tons of fun - taking flight as the Nights characters is very engaging. Good recommendations for a Nights or Sega fan. 2D meets 3D gameplay that made the original Nights a success. The online functionality is a great add-on, letting you compete against others in various activities.

Dragon Quest Swords
    Do you remember old NES game Punch-Out? This is basically mix between JRPG and Punch-Out. Little short, but Square-Enix has added additional content to US version. Silly fun, and solid rental title. Still, while Dragon Quests Swords isn't exactly epic, it is entertaining overall. What DQ Swords brings to the table, however, is an extremely accessible role playing experience that works to capture new gamers in the world of Dragon Quest. It works well as a beginner RPG, and provides a solid, but simple yet fun gameplay.

There are a few other games that someone may like depending on their tastes, of which there are other great games such as:

SSX blur
    (great little remix of SSX Gameplay with interesting and new Wii controls), Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (A no brainer for wii controls, a solid sequel to the simple yet addicting gameplay, with some interesting multiplayer games), Marvel Ultimate Alliance (solid action/RPG for Marvel fans with lots of gameplay, characters, - very much like Xmen Legends), Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi 3 (the newest and one of the best DBZ fighting games, has tons of characters and levels, and uses the Wii controls to pull off moves in fun and interesting ways), Link's Crossbow Training (it's a budget priced game that comes with the Wii Zapper, this game is true to the arcade-style gameplay of hitting targets quickly and accurately and utilizing the unique point and combo systems to achieve ever-higher scores and acquire medals; fun with the Zapper, accessible to anyone, and provides that addicting "top that high score" gameplay)

I keep a bookmark of it for my own personal use. :D Someone will need to inform me if Slash posts an updated list anytime. lol

I almost copied and pasted it, but I figured credit needed to be due for that amount of awesome, so linked it instead.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited May 2008

120+?

More than 120? Jesus.

I've only got 1.

I can't get off GTAIV! I wish I knew how to quit it.

And every time I start up the Wii, I think about that wall of unlockable stuff in Smash Bros.

UnbreakableVow on
    edited May 2008

120+?

More than 120? Jesus.

I've only got 1.

I can't get off GTAIV! I wish I knew how to quit it.

And every time I start up the Wii, I think about that wall of unlockable stuff in Smash Bros.

HAHAH. Oh man, I know what you mean. :)

urahonky on
    edited May 2008
    I keep a bookmark of it for my own personal use. :D Someone will need to inform me if Slash posts an updated list anytime. lol

I almost copied and pasted it, but I figured credit needed to be due for that amount of awesome, so linked it instead.

Heh, thanks. Yeah, I try to keep it updated. I think I'll add a WiiWare subsection to it. I thought about doing one for the VC, but the VC recommendations tend to be extremely varied.

Speaking of the list, I'm going to update it right now. Bloom Blox has been getting some fantastic reviews, and I think I'll add the WiiWare section.

slash000 on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Battalion Wars 2 is a fun rental, give it a try.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Super Mario Galaxy
    RE4: Wii Edition
    Legend of Zelda: TP
    SSB: Brawl
    MP3: Corruption

All excellent games. Oh and Circuit City has a sale on No More Heroes right now: $20. Great friggin' deal.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You've already got Boom Blox, so make sure you get your fiance into that. Just give her the remote and have her go through the handful of training missions.

After that, she won't want to put it down.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited May 2008
    maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If you think unlocking stuff in SSBB is bad just wait until you start mario kart.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited May 2008
    TheStig wrote: »
    If you think unlocking stuff in SSBB is bad just wait until you start mario kart.

How could it possibly be worse than the wall?

EDIT: And trophies? And stickers? And characters?

UnbreakableVow on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

Because in SSBB, the AI simply takes you for a nice seafood dinner and leaves you with the check. In Mario Kart, it then proceeds to upper-cut your head clean off, stand six feet back, and throw a flaming pile of shit down your exposed throat whilst yelling, "Sa-wissssh."
    I hate blue shells

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    lol at all the comments. Yeah, Boom Blox so far is my utmost favorite game. It's just something about tearing down a carefully balanced tower and watch it fall on a pack of cubey(?) bears. I was thinking about Galaxy and No More Heroes, so I might get those two, and I may get endless ocean, despite the gamestop guy looking at me funny when I picked it up. I just want something to relax with, dammit!

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2008
    In addition to the Buy 1, Get 50% off offer, No More Heroes is $20 this week at Circuit City.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    edited May 2008
    Endless Ocean is great, but I wish (WISH!!) that the graphics were a little better. The game would be phenomenal if the Wii had more horsepower. Oh well, it's still a very relaxing game.

urahonky on
  • blizzard224blizzard224 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ironically the most fun I've had on my Wii is with Mario Party 8, drunken rounds of that game are hilarious - the sheer ridiculousness of it, and how sodding bad the game can be sometimes - we played one map for about 3 hours before we realized that there were no stars to collect, apparently it's just 50 turns of stealing them from each other.

blizzard224 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2008
    Ironically the most fun I've had on my Wii is with Mario Party 8, drunken rounds of that game are hilarious - the sheer ridiculousness of it, and how sodding bad the game can be sometimes - we played one map for about 3 hours before we realized that there were no stars to collect, apparently it's just 50 turns of stealing them from each other.

Yeah that level is awesome! You're talking about the hotel one right?

urahonky on
    edited May 2008
    I think so, yeah. The minigames are what really make if fun though - it's essential that you don't read the instructions, for maximum chaos.

blizzard224 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Nope, has to be the final one.

I actually played through the entire single-player hoping that the Bowser map would redeem the game.

jothki on
    edited May 2008
    jothki wrote: »

Nope, has to be the final one.

I actually played through the entire single-player hoping that the Bowser map would redeem the game.

That's right, the one set in space. The addition of surplus candies in that level made for some very angry people going from 8 stars to 2 in a single round after being stomped on by 3 people brandishing bowser candies.

blizzard224 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Figgy wrote: »

Because in SSBB, the AI simply takes you for a nice seafood dinner and leaves you with the check. In Mario Kart, it then proceeds to upper-cut your head clean off, stand six feet back, and throw a flaming pile of shit down your exposed throat whilst yelling, "Sa-wissssh."
    I hate blue shells

Yeah, in Brawl all the cool stuff (characters and stages) can be unlocked really easily if you have a little extra time and have a guide (hint: just play through SSE). Mario Kart however makes you work for the characters, karts and bikes.

Joshua368 on
    58.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Good, I won't have to make a new thread to ask.

In all likelihood, I'm getting a Wii today for Shikigami 3. (I also plan on getting No More Heroes, and maybe Fire Emblem and/or NiGHTS.)

What do I have to go through to get the online aspects going? I've never used a console online before, and considering the VC, the Wii seems like a good system to start with.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Zack and Wiki

Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
    edited May 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Good, I won't have to make a new thread to ask.

In all likelihood, I'm getting a Wii today for Shikigami 3. (I also plan on getting No More Heroes, and maybe Fire Emblem and/or NiGHTS.)

What do I have to go through to get the online aspects going? I've never used a console online before, and considering the VC, the Wii seems like a good system to start with.
    You basically just need a broadband internet connection and a compatible wireless router. The Wii has built-in WiFi capabilities, so as long as you get a wireless router or already have one, you should be set. Most any of them work fine, as long as you don't pick one of these.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    edited May 2008
    Alternatively to buying/having a wireless router, you can also get the little USB wireless dongles that Nintendo sells for $35; but at that price, you can also get a decent wireless router anyway.

As a third alternative, Nintendo sells hardwire USB dongles to connect the Wii to hardwire ethernet connections and/or routers.

slash000 on
  • UltaruneUltarune Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    This is a bit off-topic, but this is the closest thing to a main wii thread we have on the first page. I've recently seen these little strap locks for wiimotes that keep you from having to adjust your strap every 20 seconds, which seems brilliant. Did Nintendo ever offer a free giveaway of these like they did with the sturdier straps and the wiimote condoms, or am I shit out of luck?

Ultarune on