As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I caught a pigeon today

JansonJanson Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Social Entropy++
So last week was my baby brother's 19th birthday and as he lives in the same city as me I offered to take him to see a movie in addition to his present. He said yes and we arranged to see Iron Man tonight but before we went to the cinema I suggested we have a meal as we were both pretty hungry.

So we were sitting in the restaurant and halfway through our meal when my brother goes to the bathrooms (he'd spilt something on a white t-shirt so went to scrub it off before it stained). As I'm sitting there I hear a shriek from the waitress and a flapping of wings and look up to see a pigeon flying around the room. The waitress and another waiter are in a bit of a panic and looking at each other wondering what to do.

Well, fortunately my brother and I had a table by the window. The pigeon headed straight for the window, collided with the glass and dropped down onto the table. I seized the opportunity while it was still a little stunned to jump up and put my hands around it, pinning its wings to its sides, and pick it up. I then carried it out of the restaurant (it didn't struggle, strangely enough; okay, I was pinning its wings but it didn't even really attempt to move) and placed it down on the ground where it looked around itself in a bit of a daze and then flew off.

The waitress said thank you with a sigh of relief but sadly that was all my efforts bought me. The meal was still pretty expensive. I did wash my hands before touching my food again because pigeons are vermin. Once I saw a pigeon drop dead out of the sky in front of me. I thought about poking its body to see if it really was dead but decided the fact that it was on its back was enough.

Janson on

• Options
    ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    have you tried giving it a BJ?

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    BecksBecks Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    tl;dr

Becks on
    content-warning.gifaa2monkeyline9hk.gif23tsbpk.gifquote1.gif
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    you should have baked it into a pie

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    i read it

because thats the polite thing to do

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I once killed a pigeon with the windshield of my car.

Like a waterballoon.

Not even joking either.

D:

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Druhim wrote: »

pack up folks

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    when I was in d.c. a few weeks ago I saw a woman, who appeared relatively normal, pick up a dead pigeon and hold it over her head, waving it around as she walked across the street. she put it down after a few minutes.

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Didn't we just have a thread like this?

But with a squirrel?

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Skeet shooting time?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Becks wrote: »
    tl;dr
    I caught a pigeon. I didn't kill it.
    Mm, pigeon pie. At least that meal would've been free. But sometimes I actually do feel a little bit of pity for small creatures. I saved a mouse my friend's cat was trying to kill, although that was because I didn't want to have to pick up a dead and gutted mouse off her floor rather than because I wanted the mouse to live.

Janson on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    today I was working like normal and my boss was telling some joke, and I wasn't really listening, I had all this stuff to prepare for a client meeting and his jokes are stupid most of the time, and I was like "god can you please just hush for two minutes"

and then a full-grown lion just busted all up in our office! I had to basically wrestle it for a minute but then we managed to get it out the door and onto the sidewalk finally

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    i got 99 problems but a pidgeon ain't one

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Janson wrote: »
    tl;dr
    Mm, pigeon pie. At least that meal would've been free. But sometimes I actually do feel a little bit of pity for small creatures. I saved a mouse my friend's cat was trying to kill, although that was because I didn't want to have to pick up a dead and gutted mouse off her floor rather than because I wanted the mouse to live.
    Yeah, that's the thing with house cats. They don't actually eat the fucking mouse (or at least all of it) so there's always a little corpse for you to dispose of

though they seem to think it's treasure they're leaving you

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Kusuguttai wrote: »

Well I got 100 problems.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I once found an adorable baby bird that had fallen out of a tree and was in the middle of a bicycle path. I put it back in the tree. It couldn't fly but it's siblings could. I think it was a bit damp in the head.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    tl;dr

i had a real mouser of a cat once

would eat their heads and leave the rest on my doorstep

like some sort of crazy paper boy

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    today I was working like normal and my boss was telling some joke, and I wasn't really listening, I had all this stuff to prepare for a client meeting and his jokes are stupid most of the time, and I was like "god can you please just hush for two minutes"

and then a full-grown lion just busted all up in our office! I had to basically wrestle it for a minute but then we managed to get it out the door and onto the sidewalk finally

dang wam you like hercules

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Skeet shooting time?

aaah skeet skeet skeet skeet skeet skeet

I'm sorry i'll behave

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2008
    remember when randy johnson took out a bird with a fastball

that was amazing

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    my mum hit a bird with the car the other day, I had to get out and finish it off

FAQ on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I killed a pigeon once with a sniper rifle. Apparently though there are 199 more that need to be offed. Man, fuck that.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    a pigeon tried to rape my sister once so i broke one of its wings AHHYEAH

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2008
    remember when randy johnson took out a bird with a fastball

that was amazing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=21nZ9P0SenA

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    pigeons killed my father and raped my mother

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

more like popeye, only with alcohol instead of spinach

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Damn WaM what did I ever do to you.
    Yeah, that's the thing with house cats. They don't actually eat the fucking mouse (or at least all of it) so there's always a little corpse for you to dispose of

though they seem to think it's treasure they're leaving you
    I had a cat that must've been the opposite of tsplitter's cat. Ate the bodies and left the heads in the long grass for us to find when we sat down in the garden to have a picnic.
    Spelling pigeon obviously is, though.

Janson on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

this is actually a character my ex has come up with for his comic book

his name is buzzkill

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    nooo janson I wasn't trying to sass you, I was trying to jokingly one-up you

noooooo

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My sister hit a sea gull with a jet ski once. For some reason she didn't find the situation as funny as I did

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    FAQ wrote: »
    my mum hit a bird with the car the other day, I had to get out and finish it off
    My mother and I were once driving down a road when we saw a beautiful pheasant walking across. My mother slowed down and let it pass her safely.

As we drove away, I turned my head and watched a car driving in the opposite direction speed up deliberately to hit it. Man, you might do that to a pigeon but you don't do that to a pheasant. :(

Janson on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

his name is buzzkill

last night, oddly enough, the conversation turned to a woman whose super power was that her body generated electricity when she was turned on.

so she had to fuck villains to kill them

i named her :!:VOLTLUPTIOUS:!:

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

his name is buzzkill

last night, oddly enough, the conversation turned to a woman whose super power was that her body generated electricity when she was turned on.

so she had to fuck villains to kill them

i named her :!:VOLTLUPTIOUS:!:
    doesn't really roll off the tongue, but I give you points for a well-crafted portmanteau

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    nooo janson I wasn't trying to sass you, I was trying to jokingly one-up you

noooooo
    Oh, okay!

My hormones are a little on the fritz today. Iron Man nearly made me cry in an early scene. :(

Janson on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    i don't know what that word means.

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    this is why I will forever be your unicorn

janson - which scene?

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think the most grisly pet related murders ive seen were in our big aquarium. We used to have a shark which shared the tank with hermit crabs and starfish (them being the only things he wouldnt eat) and we would just throw some goldfish in for them to eat. The shark would just gulp them up, the hermit crabs would shred them to pieces, but man fuck that starfish. One day it was pressed against the side of the glass, and it had something shiny in the middle of it. Upon closer inspection I realized it was a fish head, pressed against the glass, its eye missing.

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    janson i don't even know why i put a d in that one and not in the other time i spelled pigeon

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    i once jumped off a dock into my lake and a mother duck came flying at me because her ducklings were near so i threw seaweed stuff at her and she went away.

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    who remembers pidgeon of despair?

he was my favourite troll

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited May 2008