As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Wii Hunt Info Thread.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    scootch wrote:
    Tyberius wrote:
    kcsimpson0 wrote:
    how accurate is the ps3seeker/wii site? has anyone had good results?

according to it, my local best buys and targets may have some wiis tomorrow... so i'm thinking of getting out there early

What is this site you speak of? I can't decide where to camp out tomorrow morning for a possible chance for a Wii system. Toys r Us and Best Buy on the top of my list, not dealing with EBstop ever again.

theres a sunday sale again?

Stores were supposed to be holding shipments for Sunday, but most places didn't. I guess there is a chance.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Tyberius wrote:
    kcsimpson0 wrote:
    how accurate is the ps3seeker/wii site? has anyone had good results?

according to it, my local best buys and targets may have some wiis tomorrow... so i'm thinking of getting out there early

What is this site you speak of? I can't decide where to camp out tomorrow morning for a possible chance for a Wii system. Toys r Us and Best Buy on the top of my list, not dealing with EBstop ever again.

If you're going to camp tonight, you better get going.

Sir Carcass on
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I was going to camp out tonight but every single store I called had no idea if they even had any in stock. It's not worth my time to go out on a whim. I may end up waiting until you're able to walk into a store and buy one.

Atlus Parker on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I was going to camp out tonight but every single store I called had no idea if they even had any in stock. It's not worth my time to go out on a whim. I may end up waiting until you're able to walk into a store and buy one.

Wonder how long that'll be...

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Why is is that no stores will tell me when they are getting Wiis in stock. I know that some of these stores HAVE to know when they are coming in.

That_Guy on
    edited December 2006
    That_Guy wrote:
    Why is is that no stores will tell me when they are getting Wiis in stock. I know that some of these stores HAVE to know when they are coming in.

Their superiors have instructed them to lie to us.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    That_Guy wrote:
    Because as soon as you tell one customer you're getting some in stock, immediately you have a queue on shipment day.

Stores will put up with queues on release night, they have time to prepare, they know they'll have queues.

Having queues without prior planning, available staff and management is hell. You need supervision and security available to ensure nothing idiotic goes on, and you will always have to send a ton of people home disappointed. It's really not worth it.

Rohaq on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Rohaq wrote:
    That_Guy wrote:
    Because as soon as you tell one customer you're getting some in stock, immediately you have a queue on shipment day.

Stores will put up with queues on release night, they have time to prepare, they know they'll have queues.

Having queues without prior planning, available staff and management is hell. You need supervision and security available to ensure nothing idiotic goes on, and you will always have to send a ton of people home disappointed. It's really not worth it.

Than how am I supposed to know when they come in. I already missed a few shipments.

That_Guy on
  • RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    That_Guy wrote:
    Rohaq wrote:
    That_Guy wrote:

Than how am I supposed to know when they come in. I already missed a few shipments.
    You don't, you have to guess.

If people didn't start fights, or rob people in queues, they could probably tell you, as it is, they don't want to have to put up with that kind of hassle. Unless you have a friend in retail who works in the store, has that kind of access (although I doubt they're even telling them now), and you can keep a secret, I doubt you're going to find out ahead of time.

Rohaq on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Good luck everyone. I'll be trying to burn this moronic insulting Wal-Mart Wii gift card in a few hours.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • KingSpikeKingSpike Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Good luck everyone. I'll be trying to burn this moronic insulting Wal-Mart Wii gift card in a few hours.

Can you ONLY trade it in for a Wii? Or is it just a regular Wal-mart gift card that is the same price as a Wii?

KingSpike on
    edited December 2006
    KingSpike wrote:

Can you ONLY trade it in for a Wii? Or is it just a regular Wal-mart gift card that is the same price as a Wii?

The second. And it in no way guarantees you a Wii. It only guarantees that you will have to spend 250 dollars at Wal-Mart.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    If you ask(in person), the night before, they will tell you, prolly will tell you the amount they have too.

variant on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    KingSpike wrote:

The second. And it in no way guarantees you a Wii. It only guarantees that you will have to spend 250 dollars at Wal-Mart.
    I'm quite sure it was forged in the depths of Hell.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Scarlet WingsScarlet Wings Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Well, no luck. 2 local Best Buys had PS3s but no Wiis in stock. The wait continues.....

Scarlet Wings on
    \m/ (>_<) \m/
  • racyrefinedrajracyrefinedraj Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Best Buy, Circuit City and Fry's were all Wiiless. I'll maybe check Gamestop later today. It's sort of overwhelming having like 15 wii-selling stores within 15 minutes of my house.

I'd complain, but I know that most of you have been hunting longer than me (just opened up the rest of my Xmas money on Thursday).

racyrefinedraj on
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Best Buy, Circuit City and Fry's were all Wiiless. I'll maybe check Gamestop later today. It's sort of overwhelming having like 15 wii-selling stores within 15 minutes of my house.

I'd complain, but I know that most of you have been hunting longer than me (just opened up the rest of my Xmas money on Thursday).
    Yeah. Since launch. It psychically hurts at this point.

Darlan on
  • JackLumberJackLumber Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Darlan wrote:

Tell me about it.

Here's what I did today. I got up at 7, wen't to 4 targets (when, or just shortly after they opened, at 8 ). Then I wen't to two Best Buy's when they opened (at 10). Tried a Toys R Us and a Circuit City (opened same time as best buy), and then wen't to two EBstops when they opened (11).

No Wii's anywhere, just a bunch of PS3's that nobody was buying.

So that thing about the sunday sale at Best Buy on ps3seeker.com/wii, was bullshit. The thing about targets may not be and I'm just unlucky, but It might be bullshit too.

JackLumber on
    edited December 2006
    JackLumber wrote:
    Darlan wrote:

Tell me about it.

Here's what I did today. I got up at 7, wen't to 4 targets (when, or just shortly after they opened, at 8 ). Then I wen't to two Best Buy's when they opened (at 10). Tried a Toys R Us and a Circuit City (opened same time as best buy), and then wen't to two EBstops when they opened (11).

No Wii's anywhere, just a bunch of PS3's that nobody was buying.

So that thing about the sunday sale at Best Buy on ps3seeker.com/wii, was bullshit. The thing about targets may not be and I'm just unlucky, but It might be bullshit too.

It was bullshit yet it sort've wasn't. Stores were supposed to hold the shipments till Sunday, but predictably none of them did.

Both Target and Walmart told me no shipments this week. Wii hunts will go well into 2007, it seems.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • BbajBbaj Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Its weird, I really want a Wii but I'm too lazy to even put any effort into tracking one down.

Bbaj on
  • BlackDog85BlackDog85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bbaj wrote:
    Its weird, I really want a Wii but I'm too lazy to even put any effort into tracking one down.

Having just had a few days of waking up far, far too early, and being told "Fuck off, we don't have any", I'd say you're not weird, you're sane.

BlackDog85 on
    KeithBeKnives.png
    Wii Code: 5700 4466 3616 6981 (PM if y'all add me)
    edited January 2007
    I just checked WalMart and Target to make sure they didn't roll out any tonight.

They didn't.

Saw FIVE PS3s though.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I just checked WalMart and Target to make sure they didn't roll out any tonight.

They didn't.

Saw FIVE PS3s though.
    Yes, Ps3s have been coming in frequently in the overnight trucks at wal-mart. While they've gotten 2 or 3 shipments of wiis. One being launch and the other was that national Sunday sale a couple weeks later.

I'd like to fucking know how Sony is getting more units to wal-mart when they've only shiped about half of what Nintendo has world wide.

JJ on
    edited January 2007
    Is there any point to checking EBgames/Gamespot?

JackLumber on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    When is Wii Play coming out? I need a fourth wiimote and I hear it comes with one.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Scott_CameronScott_Cameron Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ArcSyn wrote:
    When is Wii Play coming out? I need a fourth wiimote and I hear it comes with one.

Sometime around the 12th of February, I believe.

Scott_Cameron on
    Young+Scott.png
  • john fechonjohn fechon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've been checking with the best buy's and ebgames in the baltimore MD area, and they all said that none of them are getting wii's til the end of January. I talked to one of the employees I went to school with, and he thinks that they're all stockpiling the systems again.

I don't know why they are doing this, but none of the stores in my area have gotten any in since around christmas.

john fechon on
    edited January 2007
    the stores around me said they'd be getting more this week. But a lot of stores are saying not until the end of january. I'm not sure what to think.

JackLumber on
  • JetBlackCenterJetBlackCenter Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've been checking with the best buy's and ebgames in the baltimore MD area, and they all said that none of them are getting wii's til the end of January. I talked to one of the employees I went to school with, and he thinks that they're all stockpiling the systems again.

I don't know why they are doing this, but none of the stores in my area have gotten any in since around christmas.
    Damn, are you serious? Im in the Baltimore area too, and I've been trying really hard to get one to no avail.... it's gonna suck needing to wait until the end of january....

JetBlackCenter on
    schoolrumble4wh6zd.gif341.gif
    BRAWL CODE: 3866-7685-8500
    edited January 2007
    I'm thinking of contacting a nearby eBayer and offering to buy for the receipt price, plus I'd come pick it up... That is if this person is unable to sell it of course. I'd imagine Wii eBay sales are starting to crap out.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ArcSyn wrote:

It's out here in the UK and I can safely say that if it's available to you it's worth putting down the tiny amount of extra cash over getting JUST the remote.

But only if it's available. If you want a remote now, I wouldn't hold out for it, it's seriously nothing special, you'll play through the games once or twice and that's it. It's kind of more a tutorial for the remote.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Classic controllers are now all over the place in South-Eastern Pennsylvania. K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Target, Circuit City and various malls have them now. I still haven't seen more remotes, though. Just letting you all know.

Samphis on
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Mr_Grinch wrote:
    ArcSyn wrote:

It's out here in the UK and I can safely say that if it's available to you it's worth putting down the tiny amount of extra cash over getting JUST the remote.

But only if it's available. If you want a remote now, I wouldn't hold out for it, it's seriously nothing special, you'll play through the games once or twice and that's it. It's kind of more a tutorial for the remote.

How is the Billiards part? That's what I'm looking forward to (that and the "duck hunt" game.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • clayclay Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    An Orlando gamestop employee said they won't be getting any more until late January. I thought he was just trying to get me to fuck off, but after reading this thread, I'm wondering if maybe he really knows something.

I've been calling all the ebgamestops in my area, trying (unsuccessfully) to find some wiimotes. Nobody I talked to seemed to know anything except that guy.

Here's hoping these guys that say 'late january' don't know what they're talking about?

clay on
  • suttbeckssuttbecks Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Went to Future Shop today, they said they got Wiis, but they sold the last one 5 minutes before I got there.

suttbecks on
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yesssssssss, my local Blockbuster (NW Calgary) that I also happen to be employed at, got a Wii and just phoned me like 2 minutes ago. It's mine, baby! That *and* Twilight Princess muuhhuuuhaaahaaahaaa.

Yay~!

4rch3nemy on
  • OneEyedJackOneEyedJack Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    4rch3nemy wrote:
    Yesssssssss, my local Blockbuster (NW Calgary) that I also happen to be employed at, got a Wii and just phoned me like 2 minutes ago. It's mine, baby! That *and* Twilight Princess muuhhuuuhaaahaaahaaa.

Yay~!

Dont watch the intro movie for Zelda!

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My Bestbuy is constantly sold out of just about everything Wii related.

Two nights ago I went there and it was no different wii wise, but they had a bunch of ps3's, and had had them all day.

They still had like ten left at closing time. Granted it was new years eve and I don't think many people shop that day.... or maybe they do.

I did see two people buy them while I was there.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    edited January 2007
    4rch3nemy wrote:

Yay~!

Blockbuster? Since when do they sell Wii's?

JackLumber on
  • SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    JJ wrote:

They didn't.

Saw FIVE PS3s though.
    Yes, Ps3s have been coming in frequently in the overnight trucks at wal-mart. While they've gotten 2 or 3 shipments of wiis. One being launch and the other was that national Sunday sale a couple weeks later.

I'd like to fucking know how Sony is getting more units to wal-mart when they've only shiped about half of what Nintendo has world wide.

There are apparently a flood of PS3 re-entering stores because burned EBayers are returning their units.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.